Chapter 17

Taking Back What I Said

It didn’t take too long for the dancers to finish their practice. I managed to finish most of the picture I was working on. It was one of Hyukkie dancing, and all I had to do when I got home was ink it. I really liked how this one turned out and it has been a while since I had been able to draw him.

On the way to my house there was a little small talk here and there but a lot of silence too. It wasn’t too bad but I did feel a little awkward.

When we were closer to my house Hyukkie decided to ask me, “So you’re going to the back to school assembly next week right?”

“Yeah. I want to see you dance again. It’s been a while since I have seen an actual performance from you. All I have seen recently are practices and rehearsals,” I said. Honestly I was really excited to see Hyukkie perform again.

“That’s good. Make sure you get a good seat so I can see you while I’m up there, okay?” he requested with a mischievous smile. And who am I to deny that smile of his?

“Okay, okay. Jae and I will get there especially early so we can get good seats and cheer for you guys,” I reassured him.

Just then we arrived at my house and I bid goodbye to Hyukkie thinking about what a great first day of school it was.

---------------------------------------------------------

The Next Week

Nothing really eventful happened during that first week of school. The first day was probably the most eventful and that says a lot. Hopefully this week will be better though because we have the assembly and the dance club’s performance.

Jae and I arrived early just like I told Hyukkie I would and we ended up getting really good seats. Which was the whole point of showing up early I guess.

We didn’t have to wait long before the principal came out and gave the opening speech. These kinds of things were so boring and I hated this part the most. To be honest, normally I would skip the whole assembly but since Hyukkie was performing and he asked me to be here, I guess I could sit through another one of the principal’s boring speeches.

It took forever but the principal’s speech was finally over. Now the performances would finally start. First there were people singing. I had never realized how many people from our school sung. A lot of them were really good too.

The first years were represented by a girl named IU. She was really talented in singing and she could play the guitar. I wonder if she is going to pursue a singing career.

Next up were the second year representatives. They were a duet and they both had really strong voices. Their names were Onew and Luna and by the looks of how they were singing, it looks like the two of them are a couple. Their performance was really cute but now I was anticipating the performance from the third years.

Our representatives were three boys who went by the name of K.R.Y. Each letter stood for each of their names; Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Yesung. They sang a really powerful ballad with their friend Sungmin on the piano. Apparently they sang a self composed song and I had no doubt that these boys would all have no trouble becoming professional singers.

The last performance would be representing all the grades since the dance club had members from all over the school. I was excited that it was finally Hyukkie’s turn too.

Their performance was literally breathtaking. The practice I saw earlier could not compare to the real thing. Even the first years were doing a great job.

When Kris, Luhan, Kai and Sehun came to the front I learned that they really were great dancers. Kris was really charismatic and to be honest, they all were. Even Luhan, despite his baby face.

Then Hyukkie and Yunho went up and even though everyone on the dance team is really good, you could tell that Hyukkie and Yunho were the best. They were charismatic and powerful but also at the same time, they were graceful and smooth. It all just came so natural to them. Soon the performance ended and all the performers came out to bow. For some reason I couldn’t see Hyukkie though.

Eventually all the performers stepped back and I caught sight of Hyukkie again. He stepped up to the front and then Sehun and Luhan came out holding a sign. Upon reading the sign, my heart stopped.

‘Lee Donghae, Will you be my girlfriend?’

I looked at Hyukkie and all of a sudden he pulled out a bouquet of lilies (my favorite flower) from behind his back and he had a huge smile on his face. My heart melted right there. I couldn’t even think straight.

Eventually Jae pushed me up on the stage and I didn’t even feel like I was controlling my legs as they walked up to Hyukkie. I was in complete shock and the first thing that came out of my mouth was, “I thought you didn’t like me anymore.”

His smile only got bigger as he said, “That’s not really true. I wanted to surprise you so I lied. You forgive me right?”

“Of course 바보 (Babo/Pabo),” I said as I gave him a big hug. I loved being in his embrace. I felt so safe. I quickly snapped back to reality though when I heard applause and I remembered that we were on a stage in front of the entire school. I hid my face in Hyukkie’s chest out of embarrassment and he just chuckled while leading me off the stage with his arm around my waist.

I’m on cloud nine right now and it’s all so surreal. I must be dreaming or something right now but I wish to never wake up.

--------------------------------------

A/N: YAY~ They are finally together. Did I disappoint anyone? D: I hope not. Thank you all for being patient and I hope you enjoyed my longest chapter so far ^-^ It's still pretty short though