Chapter 7

Introducing...my derp squad

 

I yawned as I made my way into the house. "So how was school?" my mom asked. I shrugged. "Nothing different. Your typical sophomore year." I half-lied.

 

Because being pushed down the stairs by a couple of hoobaes, is totally typical.

 

My mom smiled. "Good. By the way, isn't Hyuna in your class? Did she say anything about tonight's dinner?" I froze before sighing. "Mom, Hyuna hates my guts now. We hardly talk anymore." My mom rose an eyebrow. "How would you know if she hated you? Did she say it right to your face?"

 

Well, of course not. That'd just weird if she did.

 

"I take your silence means no. She loved you remember?"

 

I sighed and threw myself onto the sofa. "She LOVED. That's past tense."

 

My mom rolled her eyes. "Oh please Jung-ah, don't be such a smart aleck. You two will get along fine." I groaned inwardly then remembered...

 

"Oh! I'm supposed to meet Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol though!"

 

My mother nodded. "I know, but you'll have to take her if you want to go." I stared at my mother in disbelief. How could she do that to me?

 

"Umma~" I whined. She gave me a stern look then turned back to her cooking. "Put something nice on please Jung-ah!" she called to me. I groaned and trudged to my room. "Well then." I texted to the three derps.

 

"News: Jungah isn't allowed to go out unless she takes Hyuna, who is oh-so-conveniently coming over for dinner tonight."

 

Immediately after I sent the message, I got replies.

 

"I don't mind. She can come...I guess? 
-Bacon-"

 

"Mrahhhh~! TT TT oh well. This meeting isn't hardcore but it's still a little important. I'd rather you come with her than not come at all ^_^

 

~Yeollie~"

 

"Sure. -D.O."

 

Well. I guess that means we're gonna have an interesting night.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A few hours later

 

*********************

 

Hyuna and I had been getting along actually. I felt like she was only refraining from being snappy since the parents were there but...

 

When we got outside, only the sound of summer cicadas filled the air. I awkwardly fiddling with my cellphone charm as Hyuna redid her bun.

 

"Hey Jungah, I just want you to know that I don't hate you really." She said out of the blue. I whipped to face her. "What?"

 

She shoved her hands into her shorts pockets. "I overheard your mom and my mom talking. They were talking about how you thought I hated you. And like yes, I kinda was like 'WTF I'm gonna kill her' earlier, but..." She trailed off and shrugged, "It's pretty stupid. Especially since I'm just jealous that you can get a guy, three very attractive ones for that matter, and I'm standing her like I'm just the leftovers. So yeah, I don't hate you. I'm just jealous." She sighed. I stared at her in disbelief. She was jealous of ME?!

 

"W-what? That's such nonsense! You're like, one of the "hottest" girls in our school. You're really pretty and a lot of boys like you!" As if to prove my point, she was wearing an extremely cute outfit and looked great.

 

(http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=55472927)

 

Hyuna snorted. "They only like me because I'm "hot". The boys who like me don't see past the outside. They're shallow and could care less about personality. Who I am." She stated bluntly. I thought about it. "We'll have to find a real guy for you then. Those guys are stupid and immature. Screw them."

 

Hyuna laughed for the first time in the night. "Thanks."

 

By then, we had gotten to the playground which was, shockingly, flocked with millions of elementary kids. Among them, my own "little kids" were playing. Chanyeol was pushing a girl on the swings, Baekhyun was holding onto a kids legs as she monkey bar-ed, and D.O. was helping a little girl in the sandbox. I smiled at the view, and Hyuna looked pretty shocked. "So this is what you "good kids" do?" She mumbled under her breath. I raised an eyebrow. She shook her head. "My friends usually go to parties and clubs if we have free time." She whispered. I scrunched my face up. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and D.O. were definitely not that type. I shrugged. "Well, I introduce you officially to the Derp Squad, as we call ourselves; four of the most fun, caring, absentminded children you will ever meet." I grinned and waved at the boys. The all waved as well, smiling brightly.

 

"Hey Hyuna, fancy meeting you here." Chanyeol winked at her. I don't think any of the guys noticed, but she blushed slightly. I giggled in my head. Because I really hoped that maybe, just maybe, Hyuna would be able to find a guy like my three best friends.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Chanyeol POV:

 

"I officially call this Derp Squad meeting to begin!" I said excitedly. We had migrated to a nearby cafe after realizing it wouldn't be easy to talk with a thousand kids swarming around. D.O. and Hyuna sat on one side, Baekhyun and Jungah on the other. I sat at the head of the table.

 

"Okay so first off, D.O."

 

D.O. grazed his fingers on the bandages on his hand.

 

"Well, I figured out that Luna got Krystal and Sulli to go and push Jungah." He mumbled. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why am I not surprised?" Baekhyun sighed. I turned to him.

 

"What about you Bacon?" I questioned. Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "I don't even wanna talk about it. It's kinda weird."

 

Jungah gave me a suspicious glance. "I'm sure it's something totally normal. Like, did some girl confess to you or something?" She commented.

 

Silence.

 

"Oookay then. Moving along. What about you Hyuna?"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hyuna POV:

 

I saw 4 pairs of expectant eyes looking at me.

 

"What?"

 

Chanyeol smiled. "Right~I forgot to tell you. Every time we have a meeting, we talk about stuff that doesn't seem all that derp-y. Stuff that actually runs through our minds during the day." He explained. I nodded.

 

"Well okay then. Today, I got rejected by a guy then realized that it wasn't really that big if a deal since I was hardly friends with him to begin with, and I also figured out that I wanted to change so people see me for my personality rather than my looks." I mumbled. Jungah smiled at me, along with the boys.

 

"Wow. Very nice first turn. I applaud you." Chanyeol teased, clapping. I laughed and got the warm feeling all over again. Even though I had that pit in my stomach that reminded me that I wouldn't be able to be with him, I ignored it and tried to focus on the goal I put out there.

 

Maybe knowing the Derp Squad wouldn't be all too bad.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Baekhyun POV:

 

After talking for a hour or two, Hyuna had to head home and of course, Jungah went along with her. Us boys decided to head back to Chanyeol's, as planned.

 

"Hey, Hyuna's not that bad. It seems like she thinks more than people think." I commented. Chanyeol nodded. "We're kinda all like that."

 

I yawned and took out the piece of paper the Na-eun girl gave me. "By the way, this is the confession I got today. Totally took it by surprise. I really didn't like it. Since she doesn't really know me." I grumbled. D.O. shook his head.

 

"People these days."

 

Seriously.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

D.O. POV:

 

We were about to sleep when I realized I hadn't told them something.

 

"Oh and one more little detail." I blurted right when we were about to call it a night. Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at me.

 

"Luna said she liked me." I said nonchalantly.

 

"WHAT?!"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Phew(: it's been a while. And I deeply apologize! I've been caught up in my other stuff so I kinda took a very longggg hiatus): but I'm back so I'll be trying to update at least once a week! Please show lots of love; comment, subscribe, etc(:

 

So this was a recap chapter kind of, it also showed the thoughts and feelings of the characters so even though it was short, I hope you enjoyed(:

 

Until next time....