Chapter 10

Introducing...my derp squad


So...I admit.
I took advantage of the weekend. I had wayyyyy too much fun. It was Monday morning, and of course I fail to wake up early.
I ran out my door, totally unaware of my parents offering food, my shoes half on half off. Squealing, I ran as fast as I can when I saw a motorcycle pull up next to me.
"Hop on." The guy said. I widened my eyes. "I'm no e! Just get on or we'll both be late!"

 


I whimpered and swung my legs over the bike. He accelerated and in minutes, we were at the school gates. I took off the helmet he gave me and bowed. "Thank you so much." I thanked. The guy took off his helmet.
"You're welcome." He grinned. It was none other than Chanyeol.
"Yah! What the heck?!" I yelled. He laughed. "Surprise! I got this for my belated birthday gift! And I wanted you to be the first to ride it. As for you being unable to recognize my voice, that's a fail on your part." He nudged me. I elbowed him. "You're such a bully." I joked. He pretended to double over in pain. "I'M the bully?!"
Laughing, I shook my head and slung my bag over my shoulder. "Hurry up or else our efforts to be on time will be a waste!"

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 


"--the temperature and pressure for the correct mixture of elements is very important--"

 


I jerked my head up. Ugh. This was my third time and it was only 9:26. WHY WHY?
I glanced at Chanyeol, whose head was completely down, Baekhyun, who was on his phone and D.O., who was diligently taking notes. Before I could think anything, Bomi, my neighbor in front, tossed me a note. "From Hyuna." She whispered.
I opened it slowly.
"Yah princess. You and Mr. Lover boys should stay awake. I've been making the stupidest excuses so our ssaem not look towards your little corner of derps."
I glanced 2 desks away from me. Hyuna made a "I will kill you" face. I bit my lip and mouthed a "sorry" . She smiled before turning back towards the chalkboard.
Hyuna will be Hyuna. What a troublemaker(see what I did there? xD). I sighed and rested my chin on my palm, propping it up with my elbow. I twirled my pencil before scribbling a reply.
After being passed back, I watched as Hyuna opened. She immediately whipped around and made a face at me. I laughed.
"Of course you'd know if the boys and I were sleeping."
It read.

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 


Baekhyun POV:

 


I stretched as the last bell rang. "Yah, do you wanna go play basketball?" Chanyeol punched my arm. D.O. shook his head and gestures towards his notes. I nodded. "Just give me a second."

 


He gave me a thumbs up before following the other guys. I sighed and picked myself up. Before I could do anything, I felt a palm to my back. "Aurgh~" I mumbled. Turning, I prepared to see a familiar face of Jungah but was greeted with the face of someone else.
"Yah. Did you even reply to her letter?" Eunji patted my back roughly. I groaned and shook my head. "Do I have to?"
Eunji lifted her fist. "Is that even a question, you babo?"
I sighed and pulled a piece of paper out of my notebook.
"Dear Naeun," I began aloud. "No."
Eunji pushed my forehead. "You brainless face. Think of something more than that!" She demanded. I handed the paper to her. "Would you like to do it then?"
Eunji gave me a "do-it-or-you-die." look. I sighed.
"Could you at least help me?" I exasperated. She thought for a moment. I put on my saddest puppy face. "Pwease~?" I begged. Rolling her eyes, Eunji plucked the paper out of my hand. "Okay then let's start."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 


D.O. POV:

 


It was the end of school. Baekhyun was with some girl(she was in my vocal class...named Eunji I believed.) Jungah was nowhere to be found, and Chanyeol was out playing basketball. I looked down at my notes then rubbed my temples. Stress~><
Grabbing my notebook, I began to head towards the door. Baekhyun stopped me.
"Hey, you okay? Where are you going?" He asked. Eunji looked at me curiously. It's not like i could say I wasn't fine...
I nodded and forced a smile. "Yeah, of course. Just going out for some fresh air." I lied. He nodded and waved. I continued out the classroom before making my way to the practice rooms. Opening, one of the doors, I sighed. I walked towards the window and pushed it open. A breeze made its way through, cooling down the room. Sure enough, as I looked down, Chanyeol was laughing as he played ball. I smiled at my friend before sitting down at the piano. Before I could even play a note, there was a knock on my door. The door opened. "You okay?"

 


I looked up to see...Hyuna. "Umm..."

 


"Don't ask. I just happened to be coming out of the art room when I saw you come up here, not looking like a happy camper." She explained. I sighed and put my pencil down on the stand.
"Why does it matter." I said flatly. She shrugged. "I don't know. Why don't you tell me?"
I looked up at her. She looked a but disheveled; her hair up in a messy bun, a pencil sticking out of it, and a paint splattered smock around her waist. I guess since she took the time to follow me...I owed her something.
I ran my hands through my hair.
"I'm just stressed."
Hyuna narrowed her eyes. "Do Kyungsoo, you best not be lying to me." She accused. I stared at her with my best poker face.
It didn't work.
"Okay fine..you wanna know the real reason? Luna's driving me up a wall, Jungah seems to be closer with the other so I'm just left alone...like a nobody. Then my family hates me practically, I have to study super hard, my voice is strained and I have composer's block." I blurted somewhat mindlessly.
After a few empty seconds, Hyuna spoke again.
"That's a lot to soak in." She commented. I grimaced. "Yeah..I know."
She huffed. "Well...I understand the Luna issue and the family stress but the loneliness and voice straining is kind of something you're going to have to do something about. You can't just sit and mope. Go out there and mingle. Flirt with girls, play basketball with the guys, have fun! That's one of the important things in high school. We're only young for so long. Plus you're smart so I'm sure if you took a break from studying once in a while, it won't matter." She advised. I made a :\ face. "I feel all the wrong feelings at the wrong time." I mumbled. Hyuna put her hand on my shoulder.
"It happens..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 


Chanyeol POV:

 


I panted heavily and bent over. Sweat practically was pouring out from my body. The heat outside was unbearable, not to mention. Kris was my opponent, of course, and being the tall giant he was, he overpowered me.
He faked to the right before running up the court, passing it Lay who then easily swished it through the basket. They cheered, along with the random girls who watched nearby.
"Good game." I said, high-fiving the opposite team.
"Hey, usually Baekhyun's the first one out here," Suho took a sip from his water bottle. "Where is he?"
I looked around.
Good question.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 


Jungah POV:

 


After spending some time in the black room for photography, I headed back to our classroom. I heard a girl yelling and a familiar laugh. I peered in to see Baekhyun of course. But next to him was a unfamiliar girl. I couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy. He looked so happy, but I couldn't tell why.
Did he like this girl?
"Hey Baekhyun." I interrupted somewhat rudely. He looked up and stopped laughing immediately.
"Oh..hey Jungah. Umm this is Eunji. She's in a class below us but she's our age." He explained. I smiled a brief smile then sat myself down in my seat.
"Uhh..I think I'm going to go now. Make sure you get that finished." Eunji grabbed her phone and waved. "See ya Bacon."
I whipped my head around. Bacon..
I only called him Bacon.
"How cute Bacon." I emphasized the last word. Baekhyun turned around to face me.
"What?"
"Oh it's nothing." I snapped.
I know, I was being immature and a brat but I was clearly jealous.
"What the heck Jungah?" Baekhyun said, confused. I shook my head. "Forget it. I didn't say anything."
He shut his textbook shut. "What's up with you?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. "Like I said, nothing."
I should've just dropped it, but it just kept going.
"Hey, you're clearly not okay." He grumbled.
"Why would it matter to you?"
He widened his eyes. "What? Are you testing me? Jungah, of course I'd care for you. We're friends. As a matter of fact, you're probably the one who barely cares for me. You blatantly show you like Chanyeol more than anyone else so why should I try too?" He suddenly bursted out. A few moments of silence hung in the air before I stood up.
"You know what. Just screw it."
I grabbed my bag and stormed out. The boys were coming back in from basketball, Chanyeol among them, but I didn't stop.
"Jungah?" I heard him say, confused.
I exited the school and made my way out the campus. It was pouring outside, like no tomorrow.
Of course...monsoon season.
I didn't care. A little rain did nothing. I ran towards the park nearby our neighborhood. The park.
I watched as everyone fled away from it, trying to find dry areas. I went closer, taking a seat on the swings.
All at once, a bunch of emotions were released. Tears fell from my eyes, slowly...then uncontrollably.
I just sat there. No one seemed to notice, no one seemed to care. Suddenly, it stopped raining.
Wait, no.
I looked around. It was still raining but why...
I looked up. Chanyeol stood there with an umbrella, panting.
"I'm-sorry-that---I couldn't get here--faster." He gasped. I stared at him, his smiling despite the rain and his breathlessness.
I stood up and looked at him. Tip-toeing so I wouldn't get him wet, I whispered in his ear.
"Thank you so much." My voice wavered.
Chanyeol smiled and wrapped his arms around me, even though I was dripping wet.
"You're welcome."

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So yes, Baekhyun and Jungah got in a stupid arguement. Shockingly, our heroine has gotten jealous...what if she's the one who likes HIM?
Sigh...hopefully the issue resolves quickly. Chanyeol to the rescue! Twic. Ugh he's amazing<3 as for D.O. I feel so bad): He's so stressed...and Hyuna's actually turning out to be a more helpful, kind person ^^ I think I like it that~anyways, CONGRATS TO MY NEW CO-AUTHOR CAPTAINV-NECK~<3 (: Please comment, subscribe, and vote~^_^