Chapter 11

Introducing...my derp squad

 

I shivered again, and sneezed. Chanyeol ruffled my damp hair. "I thought you would've learned this from movies... Don't stay in the rain because you're gonna catch a cold," he teased. "Ehh~><" I responded and blew on the warm cup of tea in front of me. Instead of taking me to a cafe, or anywhere busy, Chanyeol took me back to his family's extra apartment; it's used only for emergencies. Conveniently, there were extra clothes that I could use. Being the kind person he was, Chanyeol allowed me to shower and made me tea as I was doing so.
"So," he sat on a stool across from the "bar style counter", "Care to tell me what happened?"
Silently, I traced the rim of my cup with my finger. "I was being stupid. We fought over a stupid friendship issue. I don't even know why I started it." I sighed. Chanyeol shook his head. "He'll get over it. Lately, he's been pretty sensitive. Probably because he's got a bunch of things on his mind." He shrugged and took a sip, gazing into space as he did. 
"You're telling me," I grumbled. Chanyeol raised an eyebrow before setting his cup down. "Don't worry too much. I'm sure both of you were peeved by other things and the timing just didn't match up." He said with a nod. I shrugged. "Maybe. Probably. Most likely." I stretched. Chanyeol smiled. "Exactly."


We continued to talk about random events, diverting from the subject as he cheered me up. Soon, I pretty much forgot about
I crossed my legs and sighed again. "Oh and I forgot. Thank you for coming to my rescue--again. You've done it too many times. I-I have no idea how to repay you." I shook my head. Chanyeol suddenly became quiet and looked at me, a serious expression written on his face. 
I stared at him for a few moments, curiously before slightly falling in a trance. His sharp facial features were drawn out by the soft gray beanie he wore. Before I could think or even say anything, Chanyeol leaned over the counter and placed his lips on mine, only for a split second as if it was a whisper. "No need to repay me," he said softly.

 
Suddenly, I lost all senses, all control of my body as I leaned in again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Baekhyun POV:


I ruffled my hair in frustration, grunting before grabbing all my stuff. What the heck? Why was she acting so snappy?
Eunji walked in right as I began to head out. She looked at me wide-eyed. "Are you okay?" she asked. I furrowed my eyebrows and nodded. She rolled her eyes. "Don't lie to me. You're not very good at it," she said flatly. I sighed and pushed myself up on top of a desktop.
"It's some stupid issues I'm having with my friend. She's just being moody," I grumbled. Eunji leaned against the door frame and shook her head.
"You must not know a thing about girls." She tsk-ed at me. I gave her a questioning look. 
"One, she probably got hurt with something you did or said because it personally effected her...like, you might not understand why she'd get upset over it, but she knows. Two, girls--really sensitive. So ANYTHING said at the wrong time could lead to her getting upset. Three, I'm sure that you responded to it in a way that was either cold, harsh, or offending in one way or another. That makes you at fault too. Therefore, I'm sure this problem isn't stupid. It clearly affected her. If you guys are close friends, you should go find her and fix things up as soon as possible. If you didn't care then you'd be just standing around fuming about how it's her own problem and how she's the one at fault. But that's not how it works, Baekhyun." She took a deep breath. "So if that's the situation you're in, I suggest you go resolve it." Eunji raised her eyebrows. I stared at her in awe. Was this the same Busan-accented, rough tough girl I had met? Or was this a new side to her? Either way, she seemed to be right (though I didn't want to admit it). "Yeah I guess. Thanks..but for now, I'm gonna give her a bit of space," I mumbled hesitantly. Eunji nodded then waved. "Good. Now I'm gonna go. You work on that, and the letter," she ordered before exiting, leaving me alone yet again. The only sound left was the rain pounding on the roof and windows.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


D.O. POV:


I glanced out the window and sighed. It seemed that everyone already left. Hyuna popped her head in. "Hey, I'm about ready...how about we just leave together?" she asked.
I smiled with a nod and sat back on my desk, waiting as she packed her bag. "Did you bring an umbrella?" I asked. She looked out the window. "Ah~it's raining? Nope, I forgot. That's okay though. I should be fine."
Shaking my head, I held up my umbrella. "You'll catch a cold. Come on, I'm taking you home."
Hyuna looked at me hesitantly, reluctancy drawn all over her face, before she nodded. "Uh...okay."
I took out my earphones and plugged one side in. "You ready?" I asked.
She nodded and smiled before walking beside me. We walked down to the first floor in a comfortable silence, when Hyuna finally spoke. "So, what're you listening to?" She asked. I took the other side of my earphones and stuck it in her ear. She seemed a bit surprised by the gesture but relaxed and listened to the song.
"It's a love song," she whispered. I nodded. "Yeah..."
Hyuna raised an eyebrow. "Mhmm."
I avoided her stare and took out my umbrella. "Come on let's go."