Chapter One

Introducing...my derp squad
"Jungah!"

  "Park Jungah!"

"Yah, Jungahhh~!"

I groaned and rolled over.

Who the heck was calling my name this early in the morning? I glanced at my clock. 6:30. WAIT. I was to be up 20 minutes ago. I cursed to myself before struggling out of my bed. I glanced out the window to see my best friends. Or as I like calling them, my derp squad. It was our first day back at school and I had forgotten to get up.

"You know, it would've been nice if you woke me up a little earlier." I called out the window while brushing my hair. The three boys grinned at me widely. I rolled my eyes and closed my curtains.

I quickly washed up and slipped on my uniform. I looked around, making sure I got everything.

Checking the time again, I sighed.

"Breakfast will have to wait."

I ran to the kitchen and bid my parents goodbye before shoving my shoes on.

"Good job! Record time:7 minutes." Baekhyun said while applauding. I shoved him lightly while adjusting my backpack strap.

"Thanks," I said sarcastically. "I had to miss breakfast though."

As if on cue, my stomach growled. D.O. tsk-ed me.

"You're so skinny! You have to eat." he cried, reaching into his bag and pulling out bakery bread. Chanyeol's jaw dropped open.

"What? Yah, Do Kyungsoo, why didn't you give me any?" he asked, in disbelief. D.O. rolled his eyes.

"You HAD breakfast." he said in a "duh" voice. I giggled before ripping off a piece.

"Ah?" I offered. Chanyeol stooped down a little and opened his mouth. I popped the bread and he chomped on it in satisfaction.

"Mmm~my gosh D.O. your parents make the best bread!" he gave a thumbs up.

"Well, let's hope! They are bakers after all..."

"Hey! Baekhyunnie didn't get a piece!"

I laughed and fed a piece to Baekhyun. Soon enough, the whole loaf was gone, right as were at the gates.

"Well, here it is. SM Academy. Another year of good old fun."  Chanyeol grumbled. I sighed and shrugged. D.O. nervously adjusted his tie before glancing at Chanyeol. His eyes nearly popped out of his head.

"Hyung,you're not going in like that, are you?"

Chanyeol looked at himself then frowned.

"What's so wrong about this?"

Chanyeol had his tie loosely hanging on his neck, a normal tee under his blazer. D.O. on the other hand, who had his uniform on fully, frowned. Baekhyun chuckled then pointed towards the gate.

"While you two argue about uniforms, I think I'm gonna go ahead in." he slowly backed up.

"Yah Byun Baekhyun! You're no better!" D.O. scolded as Baekhyun grabbed my wrist and began to run. I laughed and picked up my speed with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now, the importance of this figurative language is very evident--"

I shook my head and bolted up, trying not to fall asleep to the teacher's droning voice. Stifling a yawn, I looked next to me. Chanyeol was fiddling with his glasses and not paying any attention whatsoever. I glanced over at the desk set next to us. D.O. had a complete derp face on, spacing out, while Baekhyun was already asleep. Chanyeol sighed and stretched.

"3...2...1.."

BRIINGGG~!

The bell chimed loudly, finally indicating class was over, and releasing us to freedom.

D.O. stood up and lightly kicked Baekhyun. "Yah, Byun Baekhyun. How do you expect to pass this class when you don't even stay awake half the time?" he grumbled. Chanyeol snorted.

"Yet he's still got a 4.0"

I rolled my eyes. "Let's not even start talking about grades. I've got an AP composition class next period and I'm definitely not excited to go there." Baekhyun sat up quickly. "You've got AP composition?" he asked. I nodded.

"Great! Then we can go together." he smiled. D.O. furrowed his eyebrows then glanced at Chanyeol.

"So, what class do you have next?" he questioned "casually". Chanyeol shook his head. "Not something with you, that's for sure." he grumbled. D.O. raised an eyebrow.

"Rap."

D.O. scrunched up his nose. "You're very right about that. I've got vocal practice." Chanyeol frowned jokingly then gave me a toothy grin.

"Okay, so we can find each other after this period for free period and lunch, right?" he asked happily. I nodded with a smile. Baekhyun grabbed my arm.

"No, she's MINE." he teased. Chanyeol stuck his tongue out at him then crossed his arms. D.O. smacked both of them on the head. "You overgrown babies..." he sighed before gathering his books and waving. I waved back. Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other then smirked.

"Bye Kyungsoo umma!"

"YAH! I'm gonna kill you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jungah, do you really think we might have a chance this year?" Baekhyun asked me as we walked to AP music composition(LOL I know, there's no such a thing)

"Hmm?"

"I mean at the scouting."

Every year, our school holds a showcase where you present your skills and if you're lucky, you can get scouted. I thought for a moment before shrugging. "I don't know Baekhyun...usually the sunbaes get scouted right?"

He grimaced before continuing. "But if we really try hard, we could be scouted, couldn't we?" he questioned. I looked at him closely, then realized how much he actually seemed like a kid. A kid with hopes and dreams. I smiled and nodded.

"I guess so. After all, it all depends on how much effort WE put in it. If we don't try hard, we don't earn it. If we do, then what we deserve will come." I said slowly. He sighed and adjusted his backpack.

"I just want it so badly..."

"I know...I do too. We all do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Meanwhile(Chanyeol POV)*

"Hey Chanyeol oppa!" I heard a perky female voice greet me. I looked over to see HyunA waving vigorously. I flashed a grin, and waved back.

"Hi HyunA! How was your summer?" I asked politely. She smiled. "It was great!" her face changed to pouting, "But I missed you."

I had some kind of urge to reply "Well I didn't." but as the nice oppa I was supposed to be, I refrained myself and patted her shoulder before smiled again. "I'm flattered." I replied. She gave me a flirtatious grin.

"You should be." she purred. I laughed then shook my head and sat in a seat far far away from her. I hated it when girls were like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

D.O. POV:

"D.O. oppa could you help me with  this?" Luna gestured towards a large sound system. I gripped onto the box and lifted it. It was surprisingly light. I decided not to ask Luna why she couldn't lift it.

"So, I'm surprised you finally decided to join vocals." she commented as I bent down and began setting up. I shrugged.

"I just thought it would be harder to begin as a freshman. Since I just wanted to get my mandatory classes out of the way." I mumbled, not really wanting to discuss this with her. She has always been my top competition and it simply irked me.

She laughed.

"Of course. That's how our little Kyungsoo oppa has always been. A diligent student who absolutely no form of interest in anything." she teased. Luna had pulled my last straw. After that, everything seemed a blur. Somehow, I got her boxed against the wall, our faces inches apart.

"You don't know me Park Sunyoung." I snapped before storming out.

And she didn't. She really did not. •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hmm...I can't imagine D.O. mad like that. Could you? Chanyeol, is surprisingly NOT a playboy (yay~!) . I thought about making him seem like that but the Happy Virus isn't that type....I think. Baekhyun seems closest to you right? When Jungah was having that talk with him, he acted really sweet, not like an ARROGANT dude. Which POV did you like this chapter? Comment?(: