Encounters with the Past.

The Intersection of Past, Present and Future.

I get a call from a producer or something saying they wanted me for a small CF shoot. After a short discussion I agreed and went over to meet them. As I was walking towards the director to greet him I see someone. Someone from my past. I stood frozen in place not knowing what to do. At that moment the director yelled cut and he came walking towards my direction. I was completely frozen hoping he didn't see me or something. As he got closer he obviously saw me and so made his way towards me.

"Hey!" He said.

I'm caught...

"You're Jiyeon right? I'm Kwan Woo. Nice to meet you." He smiled reaching his hand out.

I was dumbfounded. I didn't know what was going on.

"...Hi." I mananged to say as I shook his hand.

"Are you my partner for today?" He asked.

What exactly is going on? Is he joking with me or...?

"Oh. Yeah."

"You know, you remind me of someone I use to know. Someone I knew in high school." He said.

Is he catching on now? Does he realize who I am now?

"Her name was Se Hee. You really look like her. I haven't seen her for a long time but you look like what I picture her to look like right now. Wow, I can't believe this, the similarities are...well enough about that. I should let you go get dressed and ready." He said as he walked over to the screen to monitor himself.

...What just happened? ...I guess because my name is different he thinks we're two different people. Can't say I'm not relieved. But how is it that I would ever see him again. 

I really never thought I'd ever see him again. He's an actor now? Wow, good for him. I was dressed and went on set where Kwan Woo was already at. It was awkward because I knew him and he knew me, well Se Hee but he didn't know it was me. The first few takes were awkward because I couldn't stop thinking about that but eventually we finished because I figured, the faster we get this done the sooner I can leave. As we were monitoring ourselves through the screen I realized how much he had grown, how much time had passed, yet not at all either because I remember everything like it happened yesterday. As Kwan woo went back to filming I stood there looking at the man who had saved my life once, the man who stayed by my side when we were being hunted like pigs. A part of me wanted to ask him how he was doing but I knew I couldn't.

Filming ended and as I was walking out the door I hear my name being called out.

"Jiyeon! Wait up!" Kwan Woo said. "Good Job today!" He smiled.

"Thank you! Good Job to you too. It was nice meeting you." I said.

"Same here. Maybe we'll get to work together again one day. Until then, good luck with everything." He smiled.

"Good Luck to you too." I said as I watch him and his manager get into their car and drive off.

"Kwan Woo, it's nice knowing you're doing well."

 

I was home watching television when I get a text from a number I didn't know. 

- Hello Friend. -

I stared at the text thinking of what to reply.

- May I ask who this is? -

- A friend from a long time ago. ^_^ -

A friend from a long time ago? My whole past flashed before my eyes. I wondered who it could be, I wanted to know yet I was afraid at the same time. My past was something I didn't want to revisit. It was something I didn't want to get out. Quite honestly it was all something I put behind me and I didn't want to deal with it, I didn't want to ever deal with the people I met. Seeing Kwan Woo was enough.

- I will be in front of the 63 Building waiting for you! Please come! -

I didn't reply and just sat in my apartment looking at my phone and at these texts that were being sent to me. Waiting at the 63 Building for me...should I go? Do I want to go? What if it's...JB...Baekhyun...a list of possibilities crossed my mind. It's definitely not Kwan Woo...this person seems to have known who I was before and who I am now because they have my number. 63 Building? Am I ready for this? What exactly should I do?

"I don't know!" And with that I went to bed.

 

My past would not leave my mind as I was making my way towards 63 Building. I wonder who it could be. I wonder who I was to them. It couldn't possibly be Chang Wook, this was just not something he would ever do, not that I was certain because I hadn't seen him for the longest. Was I Ji Kyung? Seo Yul? Se Hee? Or Hyun Jung? Somehow, all these people, who I used to be seem so distant. It's as though they never existed yet I know they did. As I was nearing the front of the building I was slowing down, slowly looking to see if I saw anyone I knew. To see if it was JB, Baekhyun, Ba Woo, whoever. I slowed down and thought, maybe I should just leave while I can. As I was turning around to leave I hear...

"You came."

I turn around and see that it was none other than...

"Hello!" Hong Chan Doo said.

"Chan Doo-ah." Not exactly someone I was expecting but somehow I was relieved it was just him, I was still cautious though because I didn't know what to say to him or what he was going to say to me.

"You actually came! Well let's go for a walk!" He smiled.

Chan Doo and I walked for a while in silence when I had to ask him something.

"Chan Doo, how did you get my number?" I asked him.

"Ah. Well I'm actually an actor, just beginning to get out there. I happened to catch one of your episodes and it just so happened that the co-mc you were with that day was someone I knew. Minho, we're actually in the same agency and after I saw that I asked for your number because well yeah, I knew you and wanted to talk." He said.

"Ohhh." *Sigh, I knew this would happen. Someone was bound to see me on tv.

"I kind of hestitated at first because I didn't know if it was really you since your name is Park Jiyeon but then I thought lots of people, actors, actresses change their name when they decide to join this industry so I just decided to go with my gut feeling and texted you. I'm so glad that it is you Hyun Jung." He said.

Hyun Jung. This girl, the girl he knew, seems like it's been so long. What exactly am I suppose to do? He thinks I changed my name from Hyun Jung to Jiyeon...of course he would, when would you ever right at the start come to the conclusion that someone pretended to someone else for a time period, that I had pretended, acted as though I was Hyun Jung when in actual fact I was Jiyeon? I wouldn't ever think of that as being a possibility if I were anyone else other than myself.

"How have you been Hyun Jung?" He asked  with a smile.

"Chan Doo...I rather you call me Jiyeon." I said in all honesty.

"Oh? Okay. Well how have you been then Jiyeon?" He asked.

"Umm...strange lately." I said.

"Why is that?" He asked.

"Just a lot of strange things have been coming up." I said.

"Ohhh...like what?" He asked.

"Just things. Well enough about me, how have you been? And an actor now eh? I never would have guessed...although you did have the presence of someone who would be in the industry." I said wanting to not talk about me anymore.

"I've been great! Being an actor is hard work but it's my passion and I really want to be big! By the way have you seen or talked to the others ever since then?" He asked.

"Umm, no." I said not liking where this was going.

"Really? Well Bong Goo is mainly running his parent's shop. Pulip is currently in college, trying to get her masters. As for Baekhyun, I don't really know. He was in the states for medical school but I heard he found a new passion so is back in Korea." Chan Doo said.

"Do you still keep in contact with them?" I asked hoping the answer was no.

"Sadly no. I've been busy training and so I have no time to meet up with them. It's been years since I've last seen them. But we should all get together one day and catch up!" He said.

No. That's something I don't ever want to see happen. We walked for a while more when we stopped to take a seat by the Han River.

"Chan Doo?" 

"Yeah?" 

"What would you do if.." the person you once knew was all a lie, that she wasn't who she said she was...I wanted to ask him that but it didn't feel right doing so.

"What would I do if what?" He asked.

"Ohh nothing." I said with a fake smile.

We spent the rest of the time just sitting by the Han River. As I was walking home, I get a text from Chan Doo saying it was nice seeing me again and that we should get together again, soon. First Kwan Woo, now Chan Doo. Suddenly that feeling I had a few days ago grew stronger. Something big was definitely coming my way and I wished with all my might that it had nothing to do with my past.