Kim Jong Kook.

The Intersection of Past, Present and Future.

Kim Jong Kook. This oppa was a good friend of Ahjussi's. I usually don't keep in contact with anyone if I've moved on but in the business I was in with Ahjussi it is inevitable. So earlier today I got a call from him saying he wanted to take me out. Kook Oppa wasn't trying to take me out in the sense that he was interested in me, he wanted to take me out in order to relieve my mind. Ever since Ahjussi died, Kook oppa has been checking up on me here and there. He just wanted to look after me, I figured Ahjussi had told him that if anything ever happened to him, he should look after me. I must admit, I wasn't too upset with that decision of Ahjussi's, having Kook oppa still around helped me in trying to live as myself, no lies, just the truth. So of course I accept Kook Oppa's invitation and we both go out for some food and then a little norebang. We get to the usual place and to the usual room, we walk in and I was greeted by everyone inside. I expected them though, every time I went norebanging with Kook Oppa, we norebanged with a few others. These guys were either friends of Ahjussi's or respected him and so they all treated me like a little sister. I greeted everyone and then we started the fun. We were all laughing, singing, dancing, drinking and just basically having a good time. It was a little while after when Kook Oppa introduced me to someone I had never seen before.

"Jiyeon, this is SIG. IG this is Jiyeon."

"Hello."

"Hi, I've heard about you." IG smiled.

"Oh, have you?" I said.

"Yes. Hyung here has told me you're looking for something new to do in life. Well I might just be able to help you with that. You see there's this show I can get you a job in it. Interested?" He smiled at me.

I shot Kook Oppa a look before answering IG. "What kind of job?"

"Well, you'd be an MC. The show I'm working with is just starting off new, we have an idea and we'd like to try it out but we've been looking for an MC. And if you'd take the offer up we'd be able to start soon." IG said.

"What exactly is the show about?" I asked.

"Well, life. Everyone experiences their share of a hard life and we plan on getting people to talk about their lives, or anything really. We're just testing out the water and we'll figure everything out once things get going." He said.

A hard life? What a coincidence, they couldn't have found a better MC for the job. I thought.

"Will I be the only MC? I have no training whatsoever on being an MC." I said.

"No, you won't. Each week we'll bring in a new MC in which you will work with. You will be the only set MC and the only female MC. All the MCs we plan to bring in will be male MCs who need some hands on training before going out and doing their own thing. This will continue unless one of the MCs is so captivating that we can't let him go." He said.

"So you guys really are just testing the waters aren't you. I don't like the sound of that." I said.

"We have to start somewhere. And this will definitely be a new experience for you." He said.

A new experience. "...Okay sure." I finally decided to do this, I need a new life and this will get things going.

"Great! But first things first. You still have to audition. Not really audition, we just need to see how you film and get you comfortable with being filmed." He said.

"Sounds like an audition to me. What do I have to do?" I asked.

"Well we're doing a short film tomorrow. And you're the lead female!" He smiled.

"...Sure." I said taking his business card from him.

He left and Kook Oppa was staring at me with a smile on his face.

"I didn't think you'd actually do it." He said.

"I didn't think so either. But it's not like anything worse can come from this than what I've already been through."

 

I look down at the business card in my hand and finally saw what SIG stood for, his name was...