The attack of the pink puffball

Art Geeks

Please tell me how I’m supposed to be supportive of my supposedly gay best friend. I mean it’s not like I’m an expert at helping gay friends or I am gay right? Dong Hae is becoming stranger and stranger since the day he came out. Like today, he came running out of the dark room, went out the art room and straight into the toilet across the hallway.

 

He ignored me the whole day at school and is still ignoring my texts. That idiot. He’ll get it from me tomorrow. He may be my best friend, but I’d bet even his parents don’t get the complicated inner workings of this guy’s mind. I mean, if he needed to pee that badly, he needn’t have packed all his stuff. And even if he needed to , he needn’t be so embarrassed and go so far as to ignore me! It’s not like we haven’t seen each other’s bits before and everyone knows teenage boys like us need this release. Beats me, really.

 

Oh but finally, it’s ready! Of course, that git is going to ask for something more again but I am just going to continue giving him glass until he’s like 90 years old and all wrinkly. MUAHAHA.

----

Dong Hae really needed to concentrate and fill out all the forms for his internship. He thought all this paperwork was over once he was accepted but NO. With the pressure of the art show, the internship and now this inkling that he might, MIGHT like his best friend a little more than appropriate was driving him to the edge.

 

7:49pm LEE DONG HAE STOP IGNORING ME.

7:51pm LEE DONG HAE REPLY!!!

7:56pm Be honest, you were embarrassed cos you were in the toilet right?

7:59pm THAT IS IT! I won’t talk to you tomorrow if you won’t pick up my calls or reply. Go. Go and live without this awesome best friend of yours.

 

The knuts and gears in Dong Hae’s head were turning as he gave up on the forms and paced in his room.

 

If I don’t respond, that means I am actually avoiding him. Why am I avoiding him? There’s no reason to avoid that git! Yes, no reason. So since I am the normal, gay best friend, I shall respond.  SNAP.

 

So after about three minutes of deep thinking, Dong Hae picked up his phone.

 

8:04pm WOULD YOU LEAVE ME ALONE? ‘M filling out the intern forms and could do without a constant disturbance.

 

Since there was no response, Dong Hae was finally left in peace.

 

The next morning, the minute he got off his mum’s car, Dong Hae was attacked by an onslaught of pink. Of course, cue Sung Min, the pink puffball. He came to school two hours early to work in the dark room but there seemed to be no chance of that.

 

“DONG HAE!” Sung Min shouted across the school lawn. Dong Hae wanted to bang his head on the car but he did not because that would have hurt. So he said bye to his mum and walked towards Sung Min. He should have known that with Sung Min, a casual hey would simply not do as he was suddenly engulfed in a bear hug that knocked the wind out of him. He gathered all his strength and managed to untangle himself from Sung Min’s tentacle like arms because he was really strong despite his pink-y appearance.

 

“Hyuk asked me not to tell you but we came up with the plan to find you a boyfriend together,” he said as he skipped along Dong Hae. “Well, not really. He was sort of the leader before but as you know, he’s painfully straight and his contacts are few. So, I’m taking charge now and he’s letting me. It would be better don’t you think? There are so many girls in this school, even the already bent like us would turn straight. But no worries! Why? We can get help from my boyfriend! You know he goes to an all boy school right? So there, even the straight would be a little bent and BAM! You’d have a boyfriend in no time! Trust me.”

 

Dong Hae was only half listening as he hurried to get to class so that he could escape all the pink. Seriously, did he have to get pink highlights in his hair? That hair was the only un-pink place on his whole body and he had to get pink highlights. The world is a strange place.

 

But. “… have a boyfriend in no time! Trust me.” WHAT?! Dong Hae stopped walking. Dong Hae could NOT trust Sung Min. No. NEVER. He could trust Hyuk not to over do things and at least keep his dignity intact but not with Sung Min. Oh god.

 

“Wait, wait, wait. You’re telling me that Hyuk is passing over his match making stint to YOU?!” Dong Hae exclaimed. Sung Min finally noticed that Dong Hae had stopped and he was talking to himself. He turned around. “Where is he? I need to see him. And let me warn you Lee Sung Min, don’t you dare do anything without my permission.” Dong Hae did not see the totally angelic but also evil smile that was on Sung Min’s face.

 

Dong Hae ran to the art room and sure enough, Hyuk Jae was in the joined furnace room. However, all his anxiety washed away when he saw that Hyuk Jae was working. He had not seemed to have noticed Dong Hae yet as he continued shaping the melted glass with the rubber sheet dipped in water. Beads of perspiration were on his forehead and his tongue was sticking out the way it stuck out when he was concentrating. As Dong Hae was getting a side view of Hyuk Jae, he could see his arm muscles shift to support the heavy glass blowing equipment through the translucent, sweat drenched work shirt. GULP.

 

As Dong Hae’s turned to make his escape, a hand gripped his shoulder and a voice said in his ear, “Not again, Lee Dong Hae.” GULP.

 

Dong Hae turned around, giving Hyuk a huge smile. “Hey best friend! How’ve you been?” Hyuk shook his head and said, “Uh uh you git. You aren’t going to run out like some crazy maniac again. I’ve got something to give you. Wait outside while I finish up.” GULP.


Stop swallowing Dong hae, you're gonna run out of saliva XD Oh and don't run away again! Ahaha. actually have this written until the end since a long time a ago. But am a slowly going over it and editting and changing it as I post so I should be able to update pretty regularly. Till the next chapter~!