When a man has a crush

Art Geeks

 “Hey Dong Hae, do you want to go out today? Or something? I was going to take some rough shots for Mario’s class. Wanna come along?”

 

Hyuk Jae screaming at the top of his lungs was not the best thing to wake up to. But wake up to Dong Hae did.

 

“ARGGHHHHH! SHUT UP!”

 

But it was not shutting up. If anything, it was getting louder.

 

Somewhere, in the bundle of his Power Rangers blanket and his snuggle pillow, Dong Hae realised that the noise was coming from his phone.

 

“Not again. That bastard.” Dong Hae mumbled as he reluctantly got out of bed and walked the distance to get his phone from where it was charging. It had started out as a childish joke when they were in middle school and first got their handphones. Dong Hae changed Hyuk’s ringtone to the theme song of Dooly and when it rang in class, he was the person the class laughed at for the whole year.

 

Leaving that short period of recollection aside, Dong Hae opened his eyes a millimetre to open the message.

 

“Hey! I’d like to go! Sorry, although it’s almost noon already. How about we meet for lunch? Then go from there? I don’t know about you but I’m really craving Italian. Say Taco Bell? Around 12.30pm ish?”

 

Dong Hae hit “send”.

 

----

 

Jay did a mini spin around and let out a loud “Whoop!”

 

It was not even a date and he was this happy.

 

He thought Dong Hae was not replying because he did not know how to reject but now that he thought about it, Dong Hae was probably just sleeping.

 

Jay shook his head for worrying needlessly.

 

He happily hopped into the shower.

 

Downstairs, his mother who was cooking thought Jay strange for singing in the shower. She smiled and shook her head.

 

She thought, “It was a good choice moving back to Korea. He’s with people like him and he’s happy. No more bullying.”


Hey guys, sorry for disappearing. Real life happened and the exams came and went. So here I am! There was a certain someone who gave me a poke and reminded me of this lovely story. Again, thanks for subscribing and commenting! This chapter is a little short cos I really had to cut it here.