Only One [KyuMin]

Super Junior One-shots/Two-shots

Title: Only One
Pairing: KyuhyunxSungmin (KyuMin)
Inspired by: BoA's Only One

A/N; Two KyuMin oneshots. /gets shot Here's an update!


My love, goodbye now - you're the only one
Even at the moment we break up, you're the only one
It hurts and hurts and it's foolish but goodbye
Though I may never see you again, you're the only one

 

- Sungmin -
 
I wiped my tears as Kyuhyun left the place where we both stood. I feel like a hundred stones fell on me as he said those words.
 
That it's over and I have nothing to object.
 
I didn't know that this will happen, but I feel that it will happen. Why did I just let it take over me and watch myself fall into pieces?
 
Even though it just happened in a short span of time, I can't help but think it happened for a month. He broke up with me today but it feels like a year that we called it off.
 
I just find it senseless. We did fall in love, but is it enough? I just stood there motionless, unable to handle my emotions as it slowly took over me.
 
I walked away, trying to forget that moment. But it can't be erased, as if it's already written in destiny that I'll break it off. I just find our relationship too dull.
 
I knew that this would happen, but I just ignored it. I know that we will become strangers in this place and somebodg has to let it go, but I guess I'm that someone.
 
The sun is so bright, but the clouds are starting to be dark. I feel that the weather is blending with my emotions, so I just let myself feel horrible.
 
I walked, helplessly and sadly. Why did we break up? I loved him with all my heart, and even made him happy. But why? What happened?
 
He has been my one. My only one. I didn't let him down, but just watching him go off gives me a pang in the chest. My mind tells me to let him go but not my heart.
 
We did share something special, but I guess that's not enough to satisfy my needs... Our needs.
 
As I reach the front porch of my house, I can't help but break down. Many things happened in this place, and many memories has been made.
 
Promises, experiences, even fights happened here. But we made it all through.
 
Today has been a tough day for me, and I guess I just needed to take a day off or what just to forget him. I knew it would be a long process, but I guess it might take a while
 

 

We will become strangers at this place right now
Someone will shed tears and be left alone but
I hate seeing you try not to scar me and feel ill at ease
So I'll let you go

 

Time Skip. Six months later.
 
- Kyuhyun -
 
I sank into my seat as I stopped typing on my laptop. I glanced at the sides of my desk, and something immediately caught my eye.
 
A picture of me and Sungmin, together.
 
I should've remove that while my heart is still wounded and trying to heal, but I guess I was not that fully healed.
 
After I called it off, I decided to cut my relationship with him even though I promised for us to be friends. I knew that if I continued that friendship then we would start getting too personal.
 
I sighed and looked away, trying to concentrate back to my work. Just then, the door creeked open, revealing a head of my secretary.
 
"Sir, someone's here to see you by the name of Lee Sungmin," she announced.
 
The name shivered throughout my body down to my spine. I remembered that I told him to stop by at my office after his work so we couls chat a little.
 
I twitched, "S-sure. Let him enter." I fixed my polo and combed my hair with my hands. As he enter the door, he was now sleek unlike before. His blue polo was perfect for him unlike pink.
 
"Good morning Kyuhyun," he bluntly greeted. I coughed and placed my laptop down, "How are you?"
 
"Great. I've been doing great," he answered as he straightened his polo.
 
I ed the last button on my collar and picked up my car keys, "Would you like to go out for a while? After all I... called you over."
 
"Sure," he answered casually and walked towards the door.
 
Even though I can't show it, I feel that my heart is slowly shattering into pieces as I encounter him again.
 
Only now as a stranger.
 

 

We awkwardly sit across each other,
Making small talk and asking what's new
The moments when the conversation stop for a moment
The odd silence freezes us

- Sungmin -

As Kyuhyun checked for his reservation, I can't help but stare at him. He has changed so much even though it was only a few months.
 
I can't help but feel my heart breaking as we both try to be stiff. As if nothing beautiful happened between us. I tried to keep my head up and hope for the best.
 
He lead the way to our table, which is located near the windows. I smiled a little as he pulled a seat for me, and I immediately sat down.
 
When we are already settled, he ordered our food. I just let him decide what I want since I trust him.
 
Trust. That word.
 
"How are you?" I asked him as I give my menu to the waiter. He frowned a little, "I'm fine." And then he said nothing more.
 
I glanced at the outside of the restaurant. A while ago, it was sunny, and now the weather was changed into a dark, gloomy day. I sighed as I realize the weather is blending in again.
 
As we meet again, I felt uneasy. I never knew he would call me again for a short talk, but I feel a bit uncomfortable now.
 
I felt like we're now strangers in this world. I thought I would completely forget him, but I guess the good Lord knows I have to hold on with my feelings.
 
"I see you're busy now," he said as he noticed me glance at the weather outside.
 
I nodded, "I've been working hard for myself and for my family. I guess I really need my alone time for a while."
 
He uneasily shifted on his seat as I said the words 'alone time.' Why, did we never have that space when we were together? I almost sacrificed my time just to be with him.
 
"Oh," was all he could say. I just bitterly smiled as the food was served.
 
He handed me a plate of salad with iced tea, while he got a heavier course, but all I know that it's chicken.
 
"Sungmin?" he called out as he look at me and took a sip of coffee.
 
I look at him after I placed a spoonful of salad. "I miss you," he mumbled under his breath.
 
Wait, what did he just say? He miss me? I thought I should be the on saying that.
 
"W-what?" I stutter. He frowned, "I miss you, okay. And I'm sorry. I thought I was over you, but I guess I was wrong."
 
He was forgetting me? All these months and all my life, I never wanted to forget him. But I guess that's all for now. I also wanted to forget him, and I keep wishing everyday to let him go.
 
And I wish he would do the same.
 
"Look," I replied as I placed my spoon down. I stared at him, eye to eye. I know I should blush or what but I can't now, since I feel like I'm in a hard situation.
 
"I love you too, and I miss you. But... I think it's better for us to part ways," I added as my hands started to shake on my lap, letting them dig into my flesh.
 
"Why?" he asked, now feeling so guilty. The both of us are guilty, we just can't show it since it hurts too bad.
 
"We live in a world of strangers. If we meet again, then I guess we're not going to be friends. I'm sorry, Kyuhyun. I just wanted to say those words after our break-up," I answered as I finish my salad.
 
He frowned and bitterly smiled, realizing he would never be mine. "Nice knowing you, Lee Sungmin," he said as he look up at me.
 
I nodded and stood up, offering my hand for a shake, "Nice meeting you too, Cho Kyuhyun."
 
I know I should feel bad about it, which I am, but I guess it's really better for us to be strangers rather than friends. Even though we let it go, he still remains as my only one.