A Short Journey [KangTeuk, HanChul, YeWook]

Super Junior One-shots/Two-shots

Title: A Short Journey
Pairing/s: KanginxLeeteuk (KangTeuk); HeechulxHankyung (HanChul); YesungxRyeowook (YeWook)
Inspired by: Super Junior's A Short Journey

In the cold wind, the feeling of
Your warm hand stays for a while
All your traces becomes tears and stays on my cheeks
After I go on a trip for a short while

 

Every story has a beginning, and an end.
 
Quietly, Yesung packed his things to his luggage. His enlistment day is drawing near, and he wanted to give all of his time to his family.
 
His boyfriend, Ryeowook, peeked by the room's door, sobbing silently as one by one, clothes starts to disappear and get shoved inside the bag.
 
As he can't take it any longer, Ryeowook walked away with tears streaming down his face. It was not he wanted, and it was not their will to enter the army.
 
It was for them to serve the country.
 
He sat down on the front porch of the dorm, letting his tears fall down because of pain. He doesn't care if some fan sees him and try to tall to him, he just want to be alone and calm himself down.
 
Just then, Kangin passed by the whimpering Ryeowook. He silenly sat down beside him and soothed his back.
 
"Dongsaeng, you okay?" the older asked as he heard Ryeowook sniff.
 
The younger nodded a little, still not lifting his head. Kangin then decided to take this opportunity to tell him a story about his feeling of the enlistment.
 

Today when the sun sets
And the moon rises again, it's still the same
Oh why is my heart changing this fast?
Your appearance that resembles the blue sky rains

 

"Why are you crying by the way, Wookie?" the older asked, still patting the younger's back.
 
"Yesung-ah will..." the latter trailed off, not daring to continue the words that already stuffed inside his mind.
 
Ryeowook can't seem to let go of his lover, even if it's only a 2-year training. He's worried and he thinks that his lover can't do this.
 
Luckily, Kangin's there to make him happy since he also experienced of being enlisted and let someone go.
 
"You know, when I enlisted in the army, I cry almost every night," Kangin started off as he removed his hand from his dongsaeng's back.
 
Slowly, Ryeowook looked up and listened to him. He knew that if someone knows about enlisting and someone leaving, it's his raccoon hyung all right.
 
"I keep on crying and telling myself that I let myself go into this trouble so this is my punishment. I knew Teukie hyung was not happy about it, but he still loved me dearly," he continued.
 
The younger then remembered the times that Leeteuk also cried himself to sleep, whimpering softly about how Kangin let him leave like this.
 
He would constantly make the leader calm down with Donghae and Henry. He knew that they were the only ones who can calm him down.
 
"For a while, my mind starts to remember that 2 years is just a journey. A short trip to being a better person. I know you miss the outgoing Youngwoon, but I try to reclaim that title back and try to stop being a foolish and mean person like before," the older added, remembering the times he got into trouble and Leeteuk was there to catch him.
 
Ryeowook slowly nodded and asked, "What about Teuk-hyung's enlistment? Do you still remember him every night?"
 
Kangin nodded, wiping the forming tears in his eyes, "At first, I thought this is my second punishment. But after a while, I realized that he was supposed to be the first one to enlist, but I left first. Like him, I would sometimes cry every night like what I do back then. And everyday is like a challenge for me when he's not around."
 
"And I'm glad you overcame it, hyung," Ryeowook said as he smiled.
 
"Like I said, Wookie. 2 years is just a short journey, a short trip to being a better person. Yesung hyung will come back here as soon as you know it. But for now, make this time an opportunity to bond with him," the older said as he stood up.
 
"If you need any help, just tell me or Hankyung. I know the Chinese dude is still sad about his princess leaving," Kangin added, patting the younger's back before going inside the dorm.
 
Ryeowook just nodded and remembered that Hankyung is at China. The Chinese learned about his enlistment one month after Heechul left. He was devastated and called the group almost everyday.
 
As he enter inside the dorm, he quietly sat on the couch and dialed in the Chinese's numbers.
 
"Hello?" the speaker answered.
 
"Hyung, it's Wookie. I'm just calling to say hi," the younger said as he looked outside.
 
"Oh, hello Wookie! What's up?" Hankyung chirped.
 
"Yesung-ah's leaving, hyung. For the army. I know that you still keep in touch with Heechul hyung before. How did you deal with the pain?" Ryeowook asked.
 
"At first, it was hard. But after a while, I started to accept it. He then became my inspiration in working harder. Even though I can't go back in Korea, I could still talk to him. It's just 2 years, right?" the Chinese said as he tried not to cry.
 
Ryeowook smiled, "Thanks hyung. I hope I could deal with this situation also."
 
"I know you can, Wookie," he said and hung up.
 
The younger then took a deep breath, and walked upstairs. This is the time and the opportunity to be with him, before he could leave them for the next 2 years.
 

The talk about goodbye,
I'll put it aside for a short while
When I opened that door
And take one step
Your breath that's conveyed
To the tips of my nose

"Yesung-ah?" he asked as he scanned the room. He saw him sitting down, as if he's meditating.

The older turned around and smiled, "Wookie-ah!" He opened his arms and the younger ran into it.
 
"I'll miss you," Yesung murmured as he buried his face onto Ryeowook's nape,
 
"I'll miss you more," the younger said as he caressed his boyfriend's hand.
 
"You do know that --" "It's just 2 years. I can wait, Yesung-ah. Just promise me you'll be okay inside the army," Ryeowook cut him off.
 
Yesung smiled and kissed the younger's plump lips. He would surely miss the cuddling moments they have. As they broke off, the younger started to cry again.
 
"I promise. And if you ever cry at night, just hold this and everything will be all right," the older said as he gave him a small giraffe plushie.
 
"I should've given that to our anniversary, but I was too busy with the enlistment things and such," he said. He noticed Ryeowook smile, and held his hand.
 
"It's okay. And thank you. I will forever hug this when you're not around, besides, 2 years is just a short journey," Ryeowook said as he hugged Yesung tight.
 
For the next few days, Ryeowook and his boyfriend had their private time. They will surely miss each other, but they know that they will meet again.

Missing the two boys already :((( My bias is going in next :(( WHY. :(((((((

- Jeanne ♥ [130426]