Apologize [KyuMi/ZhouRy]

Super Junior One-shots/Two-shots

Title: Apologize
Pairing: ZhouMixHenry (ZhouRy); KyuhyunxZhouMi (KyuMi)
Inspired by: OneRepublic's Apologize

 

I'm holding on your rope,
Got me ten feet off the ground.
And I'm hearing what you say
But I just can't make a sound.

 

Kyuhyun walked slowly as he passed by the empty neighborhood. It's spring time - the sun is beating down warmly, the clouds are floating freely across the bright blue sky, and the birds flying from tree to tree.
 
Kids playing along the neighborhood, couples strolling hand-in-hand. He missed doing this with his former boyfriend, Zhou Mi. But now, everything turned out wrong.
 
After the incident two months ago where the younger beat up his Chinese lover, he did call Sungmin and asked him to fetch him from the house to the hospital. But then as the phone picked up, he heard someone with his current lover.
 
He then recognized the voice, knowing that it's Ryeowook, his best friend and co-worker. Another affair, Kyuhyun thought as it hit him. 
 
Sungmin was double-timing him, making him realize that karma actually happened to him.
 
Just looking at the happy couples made him frown, and lock inside the house for a long time. But he decided to forget those things and move on.
 
The brunette decided to go back, prison himself inside the house.
 
As he shut the door behind him, he realized how much was lost in him. With Zhou Mi gone, everything became dull. He misses him with all his heart, and he felt guilty of him beating the Chinese until he was lifeless.
 
He slumped on the couch and pressed the on button on the remote. The news suddenly flashed before his very eyes. 
 
Zhou Mi became one of the top fashion designers and trendsetters this year.
 
 
I'd take another chance, take a fall,
Take a shot for you.
And I need like a heart needs a beat
But it's nothing new

 
 
A reporter came up to him and interviewed him. Kyuhyun blinked, still unbelievable with what he's seeing. The almost lifeless form was all right, his bruises were gone and his wounds are healed.
 
"So Zhou Mi, what's your inspiration for your newest designs?" the reporter asked.
 
Zhou Mi flashed a smile, the smile that made the younger swoon back then. "I was beaten up before while I was in a relationship. It was so serious that my current boyfriend brought me to a hospital. The black dots reminded me of the bruises that could never be healed, and the red ones reminded me how love can be cruel," the Chinese answered with a tear shed in his eye.
 
Flashbacks came back as the young brunette remember the night that happened. Henry threatened him, making him call Sungmin. Karma acted fast.
 
As the news went by for the next two hours, he neither moved nor changed the channel. He's too surprised of what he just saw.
 
For his former lover, everything changed at a blink of an eye. While him, he was at the top of his game but slowly, he has been too depressed. He lost his job, he lost his dear Sungmin, he lost everything.
 
Luckily, he was hired as a salesman at a nearby mall. Slowly, his dreams are finally coming true. He was sure he'll be okay this time around and start a new life.
 
But with Zhou Mi's case, he's still sad. He wanted to be with him, until he realized how much pain it will deal to both of them. Kyuhyun's mentally unstable, while Zhou Mi might call Henry to save him again.
 
Just then, he absent-mindedly picked his cellphone up and dialed his former boyfriend.
 
"Yoboseyo?" the speaker answered after a minute of calling.
 
"Zhou Mi," Kyuhyun breathed as he heard his ex's voice.
 
"Kyuhyun? Is that you?" the Chinese asked surprisingly.
 
The brunette breathed by the phone, "Yeah it's me. Are you free tonight?"
 
Zhou Mi took the time to answer it, thinking that it will be another beating from his ex. "Shi. Henry's still in his work, so maybe I might squeeze you in," he answered nonchalantly.
 
"Cool. I'll meet you at the place where we first met. I know you still remember that," Kyuhyun replied.
 
The Chinese shrugged, "Yeah. I guess. See you." Kyuhyun hung up and immediately went upstairs to change into his new clothes. He's sure by now that today is the perfect time to say it.
 
 
I loved you with a fire red, now it's turning blue
And you say sorry like an angel
Heaven let me think was you
But I'm afraid
 
Zhou Mi walked back and forth as he anxiously looked at the time. His boyfriend agreed to make him meet up with ex, but told him to call him immediately if something bad happened.
 
The park hadn't change a bit ever since he left two months ago. He took his time to examine the place, still familiar to his eyes and his memories. 
 
Just then, a black and sparkling car parked in front of him. Stepping outside of the car was Kyuhyun in a sleek black and gray polo. Zhou Mi smiled at the sight of his former boyfriend, wearing the clothes he wore back.
 
"Hey," Kyuhyun greeted as he saw Zhou Mi by the distance. The Chinese smiled warmly. "I saw you on tv a while ago," the brunette started.
 
Zhou Mi looked away, "Yeah. That was live, and Henry was there to watch it also." Kyuhyun's hands clenched like a ball, his teeth hardening as he heard the tall Chinese's new boyfriend.
 
"Why are we here anyways?" Zhou Mi asked him. Kyuhyun closed his eyes, trying to count to ten, but all he could see was the image of the man standing in front of him lifeless back in his house.
 
"Zhou Mi, I'm sorry. I know I just spat it out, but I'm really sorry. I've been devastated losing you. I should've beaten you up like that and..." he trailed off, making the Chinese look at him.
 
"Guixian, you don't need to say that," Zhou Mi softly said as he patted Kyuhyun's hand. The younger looked at him, surprised but puzzled. Does he have a chance? Will he be back in his all over again?
 
"Then we'll start over again?" Kyuhyun asked as he held his ex's hand. The Chinese slowly let him ago, tears forming in his eyes. He shook his head to answer him, making everything clear to him.
 
The younger just nodded slowly, "But I thought we might take another shot..." "Not anymore. You hurt me that much. It's too late," the Chinese answered making him walk away.
 
Kyuhyun needed to act fast, and by fast he means to get him back. He suddenly hugged him, tears flowing down fast. "Let's just try it again, please?" he pleaded, but everything went unwell.
 
The Chinese just sighed as he wiped those tears in his eyes. Sure enough, he wanted to be back with Kyuhyun, but everything might shatter. He already has an understanding and perfect boyfriend, and everything has been in place.
 
Zhou Mi shook his head and smiled crookedly, "Thanks. But I still have Henry." He left without another word.
 
The younger Korean knelt down as he realized he'll never have Zhou Mi back. Everything is wrong, and will never be back again.
 
 
You tell me that you need me,
Then you go and cut me down, but wait
You tell me that you're sorry
Didn't think I'd turn around and say
 
When he went back home, he pulled out a sharp knife inside a wooden cabinet. He examined it a while and let a tear fall.
 
He texted Zhou Mi for the last time, and smiled as he sent it.
 
"Goodbye."
 
He closed his eyes and felt the warm blood ooze outside of him.
 
 
Zhou Mi crashed inside his former boyfriend's house. Henry went behind him and rushed to where Kyuhyun's cold body was found.
 
The Korean's face was unchanged. It was like he was just asleep. Zhou Mi hugged him tight even though blood would stain his designer-signatured clothes.
 
"I'll just call the police & the ambulance," Henry excused as he picked up his phone and walked outside. Zhou Mi just nodded, focusing on the cold lifeless body of Kyuhyun.
 
His tears fell as he realized everything is too late. He knew this will come, but he just let it be. He never realized how much it would affect him.
 
The Chinese just looked at his phone as he took it out. He cried his heart out as he realized that was the message of his former boyfriend.
 
"I'm holding on your rope, got me ten feet off the ground."

A sequel to my preceded oneshot, Hate You. A KyuMi/ZhouRy angst.

Holla to my subs! Sorry for a very late update. I'm currently doing a oneshot also (a request), but I recently made this oneshot because of the problem I'm going through right now.

I'm doing so many oneshots because of my problem. Lately, someone's mad at me. I'm trying my best not to detail some of the oneshots I made.

I might update soon. School's going to an end. Don't worry, requests will be granted afterwards.

Good night! - Jeanne