The Beginning.

My Oppas.. I mean Hyungs...?!?

The sun streamed through your blinds and hit your once peacefully sleeping figure.  You groaned and to your side hoping that the sun would get the message and hide behind some clouds.  Just when you thought you were about to fall asleep again you heard a quiet knock on your door and your mom walked in.

"_____ honey, it's time to wake up! You have your audtions today!" Your mom said and cheerfully clapped. "So there's no time to waste wake up, go get washed, and come eat! I made you your favorite pancakes~" She said.  After kissing you on the cheek she left your room humming.  You couldn't help, but chuckle. Your mom was always so happy and upbeat it seemed like nothing could ever weigh her down.  As much as she could be oozing with happiness sometimes it made you a little queasy, you were glad to have her around. Ever since your parents had divorced you hadn't seen your dad much.  You knew that your mom was bothered by it, but she did a good job hiding it. She figured if he was out of sight he was out of mind.  You sighed loudly, stretched, rubbed your eyes, and lazily got out of bed.  Since today was the day of your all important possibly even life changing audition you decided to dress to nicely, but you were careful not to over do it.  You put on some black skinny jeans, a loose fitting cream colored cardigan, some white converse shoes, and curled your hair so it flowed effortlessly.  As usual you skipped makeup, because you honestly didn't need it and well whenever you put it on you always ended up looking like either a drag queen or racoon.  Neither of which were something you wanted to look like today or any day for that matter.

"Lee _____ today is the day your life changes! Fighting!" You said to yourself with an encouraging fist pump.  Satisfied with your appearance and encouraging words, you walked down the stairs to the kitchen.  

"Good morning mom!" You said and hugged her quickly. 

"Good morning _____!" She said and beamed at you.  "Sit down and eat. I don't want my daughter to waste away to nothing! You're too skinny." She affectionately curled a lock of hair behind your ear.  You did as you were told and laughed quietly.  In the middle of your second pancake you stopped eating.

"Mom, come eat with me.  You always work, but we never really just eat together." You said and patted the seat chair next to you at the table.  

"My daughter is so caring" Your mom chuckled and sat down by you. "There happy?" 

"Yes I am." You said and nodded cutely.  "Now have some pancakes, because they're absolutely delicious!" 

"You see I would, but I already ate, and if we took the time for me to eat right now we would be late for the audition!" She said.

"We have plenty of time~" You said.  But the clock told you otherwise. "Omo! I thought it was only 8:30 not 10:30! Umma we're going to be so late!" You pouted.

"_____ relax.  Just finish your pancakes and we can go soon." She said soothingly.

"No no no! We have to go I'm done anyways!" You said and shoved half of the remaining pancake into your mouth. "See? All done~" You said, although it was muffled by the pancake in your mouth.  

"Okay, okay!" Your mom said and put her hands up in defeat.  With that you grabbed your purse, jacket, and your mom grabbed the car keys.  The car ride to the agency for the auditions in L.A. was nothing, but your hyperventalating, vocal exercises, doubts, and your mom's calming words.  All in all a very stressful car ride, which didn't help your nervous wreck state.  The second you arrived at the agency you felt like you couldn't breathe. 

"Umma, umma, umma! I'm so scared!" You said and started to bite your nails.  Yes, it was a gross and nasty habit, but you just couldn't kick it.

"Lee ____ what have I told you about biting your nails?" You mom scolded and swatted your hand away from your mouth.  You just rolled your eyes, but smiled at her gratefully.  If it weren't for her you would have the hands of a teenage boy.  

When the two of you entered the building where the auditions were being held your eyes widened at how amazing everything was.  The building was lavishly decorated with gold and shimmering crystal chandeliers.  The couches had expensive looking pillows and throws placed delicately on top of them.  Not to mention the huge size of the place.  Thankfully there was a sign pointing to the audition area.  Without that you would've been so lost and would've possibly missed your slot.  You took your mom's hand and walked up the marble staircase with her.  When the two of you finally reached the top of the staircase your eyes widened at the amount of other young hopefuls in the room.

"Mom... I'm not going to make it..." You said as your breath lightly caught in your throat.  Anyone who had ever heard you sing knew that you had the voice of an angel.  But you never believed that and you were easily daunted by large amounts of competition.  Particularly all of the other pretty girls in the room that looked like they could walk all over you if they wanted to.

"Don't say that ____, I know, your brother knows, heck our whole crazy Korean family knows that you're talented.  It's more that likely that you'll make it.  SM would have to be completely deaf and blind idiots not to accept you." Your mom said and lightly sqeeuzed your shuolder as reassurement.  

"Thanks mom" You said and forced a smile.  You then went up to get your number for your audition and sat in the small, but nice looking waiting room with your mom still by your side.  It had seemed like hours that you waited and watched people go in and come out looking absolutely crushed.  Your mind had gone totally blank and it felt like all hope had been lost.  Finally it was your turn.

"Number 279! Lee _____!" A man called and looked around the room.  Sheepishly with tons of butterflies in your stomach you stood up and started walking towards the room.

"_____~" Your mom called. "Just remember that no matter what happens in there today I will always be proud to call you my daughter. Fighting!" She said and patted your shoulder signaling you to go.  The second you stepped into the room your felt your stomach drop.  You felt like you were going to throw up from all of the nervous energy that was flowing through your veins.  

"Are you _____?" A judge asked looking uninterested as he looked through your paperwork that you had to fill out upon arriving.  

"Yes.... I'm the one and only ____..." You said shyly with a small bow.  Since you were unlucky enough to be one of the last auditions of the day the judges were tired and had heard enough people singing to last them a life time.  

"Well. Go on." A scary looking female judge said with and annoyed look on her face.  Hesitantly you began to sing the piece that you had picked. 

"Baby I’m sorry, even when I’m with you, I’m Lonely

I must be lacking when it comes to love, please forgive this horrible person I am

I’m sorry, this is your and my story
I must not be worthy of this thing called love, even though I’m by your side

Baby I’m so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely
Baby I’m so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely"  Less than a minute through your song and the judges had perked up and started looking at you with an interest. When you finished the last note your legs were ready to give out on you, but to your great surprise you heard applause coming from the judges. 

"Wow... That was great ____!" A less scary looking judge said and beamed at you with a friendly eyesmile.  

"Chincha? Thank you!" You said and bowed slightly and smiled.

"Really, we would love sign you, but we have an issue." You smile fell a bit.

"Was it that my voice cracked? Was my pitch off? I can fix that!" You said starting to babble a bit.

"No, no no it's not that ____, it's that the company doesn't need more girls.  We're actually looking for a 13th member for our new group that's going to debut soon called EXO." They said.  

"Oh... I guess that is a problem..." You said as your shoulders deflated a bit. 

"It's not completely unsolveable though. If you would be comfortable with acting as a guy while on stage and in the dorms we see no issue anymore." One of them explained like it was the most simple thing in the world.  At first you hesitated with agreeing to this.  Did you really want your career to be practically a lie?  But then again, you would get the opportunity to tour the world and live your dream.... 

"I'll do it." You said with a nod and sheepish smile. 

"Great! We look forward to doing business with you very soon _____." They said and shook hands with you one by one.  You smiled and bowed one more time before running out of the room to tell your mom the good news.

"MOM MOM MOM UMMMAAAAA!!" You ran out of the room yelling.  Everyone was giving you weird looks, but at that moment in time you couldn't have cared less about what other people thought.  You just got signed to one of South Korea's biggest entertainment agencies.  Sure you had to pretend to be a guy, but how hard could that really be? 

"What happened in there? How did it go?" You mom asked ready to hear the worst.

"I GOT SIGNED!" You said and hugged her tightly your grin never leaving your face.

"That's fantastic!" She said and rubbed your back. "I'm proud of you" 

"Thank you umma" You said and smiled at her.

"Aigoo. My beautiful daughter is growing up so fast." She said and pinched your cheeks.  

"Moooommmm." You said and rolled your eyes before hugging her agian.  

"Now isn't the time for attitude! Now is the time for packing for your move to Seoul!" She said and pushed you towards the door with a good natured laugh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so maybe that chapter was a fail, but every story has to start somewhere right? I promise that you will meet EXO in this story very very very soon! :D

Thank you for reading! :3

~Jinah