Don't touch my Jae.

Temporary

Jaehyung was on the floor, bleeding, almost unconscious.

 

I closed my eyes.

They hurt my Jae.

They hurt my Jae.

How dare they hurt my Jae.

Rage filled my body. I could feel it tingling in my fingertips.

I opened my eyes...

 

... And swung.

 

I slammed my elbow into the soft stomach behind me and, taking hold of his arm, I twisted around, effectively twisting his arm in the process. My knee came up and rammed into his already hurting belly, making him double over, and I drove my elbow down onto his back. Wage collapsed. I twirled around. His men were standing around, staring at me stupidly.

 

Most of them had already been injured by Jae, who had now raised himself up on his elbows and was watching me with amazement, but was too hurt to do much more. It was my fault he was hurt.

 

One by one, the men fell to the ground as I fought them. They weren't exceptionally skilled.

 

"Behind you Kaina!" Jae's voice hung in the air.

 

Wage had managed to crawl to his feet. "Ha...ha... You've exceeded my expectations, Miss Kaina. Such a good fighter... With such a nice body and a pretty face. You belong next to me. Come here, my princess, my queen."

 

In the blink of an eye, he bushed past me and yanked Jae's head up, making Jae utter a groan of pain. The dagger from before gleamed as it was pressed against Jae's throat. "Come with me, or I'll kill him right now."

 

I didn't doubt Wage's words; his eyes were glazed over with craziness.

 

"Let Jaehyung go. Now," I said evenly.

 

My anger was my fuel, and it allowed me to see and think clearly.

Wage was swift, I'll give him that. But I'm even faster.

 

I had Wage's shirt collar gripped tightly in my fist as I held him up. "Don't touch Jae, you bastard," I sneered at the terrified Wage.

 

We fought, but it was already over.

I was based off anger; he was based off fear.

I won before we had even started.

 

Before Wage's unconscious body hit the floor, I had already rushed and knelt at Jae's side and helped him sit up. "Are you okay? How badly are you hurt?" My eyes searched his body for extreme wounds. Thankfully it appeared as if he had none.

 

Voices flooded in the hall, and I froze. I switched positions so that I was in front of Jae, and I prepared myself for another fight.

 

The doors burst open. Police flooded in.

 

"Kaina! Jae!" Seungho appeared and he hurried to our side. "Sorry it took me so long to get here! The signal from the ring was slightly blocked, so it had been difficult trying to locate your position.

 

So that's what the ring had been for. "Thanks," I said sincerely, and then collapsed against Seungho's side as relief flooded through me. The paramedics loaded Jae onto a stretcher and I followed closely behind them, all the way to the hospital. Seungho rode with the cops, and he arrived soon after.

 

Before Jae disappeared behind hospitals doors to be examined by the doctors, he shot me a look that revealed his hate for the white, enclosed spaces of the hospital. I gave him a smile and thumbs up as I was dragged into the adjacent room for a check up.

 

"The police took care of the men, and they want to talk to you later for your story," Seungho announced when he entered my room once the doctors were done with me. "Jae's not out yet," he answered my unasked question, "but he should be fine."

 

I nodded and finally relaxed back into the hospital bed. The last bit of my anger finally left me and I slumped against the pillow. My hands were shaking and my mind swirled.

 

"Kaina!" Jae slammed past my doors and gathered me up in a tight hug. "What's wrong? You're shaking again. And why are you crying?"

 

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Seungho slip out the door to give us privacy.

 

"I don't know! I'm just... terrified! What did I just do? That crazy guy had a knife! And I attacked him!" I clung onto Jae's neck and sobbed. "Oh my freaking goodness! We could've died!"

 

"You just realized what you did?" Jae pulled back slightly and patted my head. "You were super brave. Thanks for saving my life."

 

"You would've beaten their butts if it wasn't for me. If anything, I saved their miserable butts from you. And wait a second. Aren't you supposed to be in a hospital bed? What about your injuries?" I stared at him with wide eyes.

 

"I'll be fine," he said with a wave of his hand. "I'm used to it. These wounds will heal in a few days."

 

"Right." I gave him a look. "You're one of the most feared gagsters in Korea. Can this day not get any crazier?" I dropped my head into my hands. My mom told me that gangsters had killed my Oppa. I hated gangsters. But... Jaehyung...

 

He bit his lip, noticing the cold look on my face. "Kaina..."

 

"Give me a few days to get over it," I sighed, "since I have to get used to that fact because I can't hate you, though I hate gangsters."

"Why do you hate gangsters?" he asked, surprised. "I understand being afraid of gangsters, but hating them... Unless you had a bad... run in... oh."

 

"Another story for another time," I groaned. "But for now, don't ever tell my parents about you being a gangster. They hate gangsters more than I do." I still can't really believe it.

 

Jaehyung was one of them.

 

Heartless. Murderers.