Slowly back to normal.

Temporary

Even though I didn't talk to Jae anymore, he still came to visit me every day after school. Though I keep pushing him away, he always stays close by.

 

I'm glad I got to meet him, although our first encounter was strange. I clung onto the fact that his presence in my life was constant, and it was a source of light for me.

 

Today's my fifth day in the hospital. They still won't release me, even though I really have no reason to be here other than the fact that I'm becoming depressed or something like that. Heck, I'm not even sure what's wrong with me. But I do know that I can't ignore Jae for forever.

 

I can't really blame him for what he is.

 

So when he came today, like he always does, I actually turned toward him instead of looking away. When I saw his face, I winced. The memories of the attack resurfaced. But I held on. I clenched my teeth at the pain that came with the memory, but I forced myself to keep looking.

 

"Kaina?" Jae's reached forward and grabbed my arm to steady me just as I began falling over. My head burned and throbbed, but I glued my eyes to Jae's dear face. I watched silently as understanding broke out across his bewildered face. "Kaina, don't force yourself to look at me. Your parents told me about what happened... Kaina. Kaina! Don't do this to yourself," he begged. "Yah, Kaina!"

 

The pain was too great. My breath came out in gasps and when my vision blurred, my body pitched forward. Jae caught me and I rested my head against his shoulder. Slowly my breath and reason came back to me and I lifted my head to stare at Jae. This time it took longer for the pain to appear, and when it did, I didn't force myself. I'll work on this tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that.

 

Jae stayed by my side, his hand resting lightly on my arm. We stayed like that silently, and when he got up to leave like he normally does, I held onto his hand, stopping him short. "Sorry," I whispered.

 

He pulled me into a hug. "There's nothing to be sorry for," he smiled softly. He hesitated for a moment and then ruffled my hair before leaving.

 

The next day, my doctors announced that I was finally good to go, and that I could return to school after being absent for a week. When my parents showed up to take me home, I shook my head. I wanted to go home with Jaehyung.

 

My parents were happy. They didn't know what happened between Jaehyung and I, but they knew something had caused a rift to emerge in our relationship.

 

Jaehyung drove up in my car and cautiously approached me. I closed my eyes and fought back the pain, which lasted shorter than yesterday and gave me hope. When I opened my eyes again, I smiled for the first time in six days.

 

It was good to be home again. Once they made sure I was okay, my parents had to go back to work and I fell asleep in my bed. I woke up to hushed whispers outside my door and recognized them as my friends.

 

"This time was better than last time," Seohyun said quietly.

 

"Yeah, last time it took almost a month for the doctors to let her out of the hospital," Hyuna added.

 

"She smiled at me today," Jaehyung mused. "I really missed that smile."

 

"She smiled?" I could hear the shock in Kikwang's voice. "It took her an entire year after the incident for her to smile."

 

"I don't know what would've happened if you disappeared." Hyuna's voice dropped. "You won't, right?"

 

"I'm staying here," Jae promised.

 

I felt myself relax after I heard his words. I don't know how he explained why he was living in my house, but oh well.

 

I pushed the door open.

 

"You're awake!" Seohyun ignored Yonghwa's cautious warning and bounded over to surround me with her hug.

 

"Hey guys." My lips turned upward slightly.

 

When my eyes landed on Jae, I squeezed my eyes shut and gripped tightly onto Seohyun's hand. Thankfully the pain disappeared quickly. I noticed the confused looks my friends were giving each other and I allowed them to think whatever- they most likely were assuming that Jae reminded me of the recent attack.

 

Looking around at my circle of friends, including Jae, I knew I would be okay. They were my pillars of strength, and they were strong. With them by my side, I would be able to move forward.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

TasLuq : Thank you for commenting! I'm glad you like the story [:
And sorry for the slower updates on Is This Love Even Possible.. I'm not sure where that story is going right now, haha. Mini writer's block for that story .__.