What now?

Temporary

Life at home was normal, besides for the occasional hug or kiss when my parents weren't looking. I quickly realized that my boyfriend was the jealous type, but he did well in holding himself back and letting me have my freedom, though he did threaten the waiters who went over the line with their thinly concealed flirtation. Though I was initially bothered by the fact that he was my adopted brother, Jess, who knew about us, reassured me that our relationship wasn't wrong since we weren't blood related and all Jae had to do was become legally independent from us after he was eighteen. My parents were either really oblivious or purposely ignorant about Jae and I. While they were at work, Jae and I would go on cute dates since it was summer- by the time the anticipated summer trip was here, Jae and I had visited all the local museums and amusement parks, and my camera's memory card was stuffed full of amazing memories. 

 

D-Day was here for our overnight vacation to a beach house. It had been a week since I'd last seen my crazy friends, so our little reunion at Kikwang's house was shamelessly boisterous. The three hour car trip ended after a dozen restroom breaks, which the guys didn't fail to complain loudly about, and many license plate games and bruised arms. 

 

"We're here!" Hyundai whooped as she dashed along the beach, not even bothering to unload her numerous bags from the over-stuffed trunk of the multi-passenger van. Seohyun laughed and followed suit, and soon all the girls were running across the warm sand, with our hair billowing out behind us, leaving the guys behind to heave all bags into the house. 

 

I was the first to return to offer my assistance, which was kindly rejected. Jaehyung huffed as he dragged a pink striped suitcase into the entrance hall and, with a glare at the offensive bag, dumped it there for the owner to take care of. "How nice of you," I commented dryly, leaning against the wall. He turned around at the sound of my voice, and he smiled when he realized it was me. 

 

"Hey, I could've left it to rot outside," he shrugged as he crossed the hall to stand beside me. His eyes glanced around and he drew me into a long kiss. "Let's go play once we finish with these annoying luggage, okay?" He held me close, his arms wrapped around my waist. 

 

"You were a player back in Korea, weren't you?" I accused, tapping my finger on his forehead. That thought had invaded my mind shortly after he confessed to me that night during the graduation party. 

 

He ignored my question and shut me up with another lingering kiss. "I don't know what you're talking about," he murmured against my lips. I rolled my eyes and sighed. 

 

"I'm going to find out about your past one day," I declared with a pointed look. A look swept through his eyes, a look I had never seen before, a look that contained pain, confusion, and hesitation. I already knew most of his past, as he knew most of mine, so what was he hiding from me now? I blinked at him and he looked away. "I trust you, Jae, no matter what your past is," I said softly. "I don't know why you're hiding something from me, but I'll wait for you to tell me when you're ready. Your past makes you who you are now, and I love you, Jae." 

He let out a quiet breath and pressed his lips against my forehead. "Thank you."

 

Hyuna's loud voice outside made us step apart, and by the time she entered, we were on separate walls in the room, arguing about who should bring the suitcase upstairs where the girls were staying. "Did you just call my stuff annoying?" She shrilly shrieked and kicked Jaehyung in the shin. While he doubled over in pain, she yanked her suitcase away with a puff and marched upstairs. Jaehyung made a face at me when he noticed I was standing to the side bursting with laughter. Key appeared with a think layer of sunscreen smeared across his face and every available inch of visible skin. A hideous hat adorned his head and I gagged at the sight. 

 

"Key what happened to you? You're our fashionista, but..." I looked him over again and dropped to my feet laughing. He glared at me and stalked out of the house yelling, "KIKWANG! YOU SAID I RUBBED ALL THE SUNSCREEN IN!" 

 

Jae and I headed toward the rest of our friends, who were now ready to have a blast. The guys flew toward the water while the girls trailed behind, chatting excitedly. Other people were lounging along the beach already, and my group claimed an umbrella as spread out. Seohyun, Jessica, Hyuna, and I rested in the shade and watched as the guys proceeded to have a water fight. 

 

"I have to admit," Jessica lifted her sunglasses, "Jaehyung is hot."

 

I ignored her comment and forced my eyes to look away from my boyfriend. Four guys were strutting up the beach aimlessly, and I groaned when they noticed us. Sure enough, one of them grinned and instantly redirected his friends in our direction. 

 

"Hey there pretty ladies," Shorty drawled. 

 

"Why are y'all alone on such a beautiful day that compliments your gorgeousness?" Bushy Eyebrows smiled. 

 

"We're not," I replied, bored. 

 

The third guy, the shirtless one with a really nice body, sat down beside me. I raised an eyebrow at his boldness and kept silent. Ignoring him, I turned my head back to where the guys were still roaring with their vicious water fight, still unaware of the fact that their girls were being hit on. I sighed, and then jumped when I felt a warm hand rest upon my thigh. 

 

"What do you think you're doing?" I was standing before I knew it, hissing like a defensive snake. 

 

Nice Body just laughed. "Flirting with you."

 

Meanwhile, Shorty was trying to impress the stone faced Seohyun, who was indignantly protesting to no avail. 

 

Nice Body stood up and tried to hug me, but I shrugged him away. 

 

"Hey, she is the wrong girl to hit on," Hyuna warned after noting my furious expression. 

 

"Who's hitting on who?" Jaehyung's quiet voice came behind from behind me. He was smiling tightly, a dangerous sign of his concealed anger. Yonghwa and the rest of the guys were behind him. 

 

"Yah, oppa! Where were you?" Hyuna pouted at Kikwang, her fake boyfriend for the day. "These guys won't leave us alone and that one," she jabbed a finger at Nice Body," kept trying to touch Kaina!"

 

Jaehyun's fist clenched as he yanked me back toward him. "Get lost."

 

Nice Body smirked at the challenge. "Come at me, bro."

 

 

 

A/N

I typed all of this on my iPhone during school today, so please forgive my mistakes!  & it's hard to gauge how long this is, since I like my chapters to be longer than a certain length... Oh well. I hope y'all like this random update in the middle of the school day haha.