Hanging out

Temporary

I woke up to Jaehyung's face peering down at me. When he realized I was awake, he leaped backwards with an adorably sheepish smile, but I had no time to dwell over that as the sunlight now had full access to my sensitive eyes. 

 

"Jae, what in the world are you doing?" I groaned as my eyes shut, and I blissfully welcomed the darkness and rest. 

 

He regained his confidence and with a fluid motion, gripped my arm and yanked me out of bed. I tumbled to the floor i an ungraceful heap and refused to budge. "For heaven's sake, Kaina, put some more clothes on!" 

 

"You're the one who dragged me out from my covers, you ert," I muttered as I yanked a hoodie over my tanktop. 

 

He eyed me. "Now it looks like you're not wearing any shorts." 

 

"What am I, your wife? Go pick on some other poor girl." Shoving him aside, I stomped rather childishly into my bathroom and securely shut the door behind me. With a sigh, I leaned against the marble countertops and stared at my messy reflection as the memories flooded my mind. 

 

What would've happen the other day if my mom hadn't interrupted us? Were we... about to kiss? 

 

I shook my head rapidly as if chasing the thought away. "No way," I said out loud. Jaehyung is my brother now. We're siblings. And siblings don't just kiss each other like that. Mir and his sister kiss. Well, okay. That was a total sibling-platonic kiss, so that doesn't count. Siblings don't just romantically kiss each other like that, so what was about to happen that day was a big no no. 

 

"Kaina, hurry up!" Jaehyung impatiently beat the door mercilessly. "Sheesh, girls these days..." 

 

"What was that about girls?" I leaned against the doorway with my arms crossed and a frown on my face. 

 

"Nothing," he waved it away, "and you're finally ready! I was beginning to think you fell asleep in there."

 

I chuckled as I followed him to the car, where he graciously opened the passenger door for me. "Thank you," I looked up at him with a smile. 

 

"Madame, where do you wish to go today?" His eyes twinkled as he awaited my response. I tapped my chin in thought. My memories of my time with Jae popped into my mind one by one, and I could feel a smile appear on my face. This boy... he's brought a lot of joy into my life. 

 

"Have you already been here for almost a year? Graduation is coming up in a few weeks already," I replied absentmindedly. "Let's go to the amusement park."

 

"You're thinking about last time we went, huh?" He nudged me as he obediently set the course. 

 

"You know me so well," I said cheekily. These past few months have been quiet. No more crazy people appeared, no more dark holes for me to fall into, and no more drama- just me and Jae bonding. 

 

I was once again reminded of the episode a while back where Jae and I almost kissed. The thought drew my attention to his lips. Those lips twisted up in a smirk when he noticed where I was staring. 

 

"Girl. I know I'm hot stuff, but there's no need to look as if you want to eat my lips." 

 

I smacked his arm and tore my gaze away. "I was not! And besides, we're siblings, so that's not allowed, you !" I smacked him again to ensure my point. 

 

"Does that make me a ?" He raised a perfect eyebrow at me. "So if that makes me a ... what if I want to be one?"

 

His full attention was on me now, and I shrieked and swatted multiple blows onto his arm. "Eyes on the road!" He laughed dryly and redirected his focus onto driving. 

 

His question still hung in the air. I couldn't tell if he was joking or being serious. And if he was being serious, what was he trying to say?

 

We finally arrived at our destination and, like a gentleman, Jae once again opened my door for me and paid for my tickets.

 

After spending hours riding on the rollercoasts and screaming our lungs out, we finally took a break and snacked on the deliciously fattening oil-filled food. Our hairs were sprayed all over the place, across our face, and our stomachs hurt from laughing so much.

 

"We still have to play at the booth games!" I insisted once we threw our trash away. "Win me something please!"

 

"Isn't that what a boyfriend is supposed to do?" Jaehyung teased, an unreadable look flashed  through his eyes.

 

"And a boyfriend is supposed to pay for the meal," I whined and patted my slightly thinner wallet.

 

"Yeah, yeah," he rolled his eyes as he proceeded to win me a giant stuffed panda. I squealed and hugged it while we continued winding through the games. When we reached a crowded area, Jaehyung walked slightly ahead of me, creating a small path for me to squeeze through. I watched his back as he protected me from the mess of people. If only we weren't siblings...

 

I snapped to attention. How could I think those thoughts! All of those "what if" and "if only" thoughts were useless and idiotic and wistful. Jaehyung and I are siblings. Jaehyung and I are siblings. Jaehyung and I are siblings. I drilled those thoughts into my heart and soul, piercing through everything I could. And yet I couldn't help but admire his muscular, protective, handsome, attractive frame. 

 

Then a man shoved me and I stumbled into Jaehyung's outstretched arms. 

 

"Bastard should watch where he's going," Jaehyung snarled as his arms wrapped securely around me. "Are you okay?" He searched me with worried eyes. 

 

I reassured him and he nodded with relief. "Hang on to me, okay?" His hand closed around mine as he led me past the strangers. A tingle worked its way though my body at the contact with his hand and a warm feeling filled my body while he took charge. 

 

I bit my lip as I stopped denying the truth. 

 

It's too late to go back now, I sighed. 

 

I was helplessly, hopelessly, and utterly in love with my brother, Jaehyung. 

 

 

 

 

 

And I'm back in the world of AFF! I hope you liked the update! (:

I can't promise I can update regularly, but please know that I WILL be updating this story now! Sorry for the long wait!