Chapter 7

The King & Queen

MINAH'S POV

 

“Ms Park, you’re home.” One of the maids said shaking me. I realized I dozed off and I was the only one in the car. Hmmm, Chives must have dropped Fany off at her house. I got out of the car and walked towards the door.

As soon as I entered, I could smell roast beef coming from the kitchen. Hmmmm! I walked to the kitchen and hopped onto one of the barstools. Our chef makes the best roast beef ever in the entire world. But he only makes it on special occasions. I wondered why he’s making it today.

“Chef, why you cooking roast beef today?”

“Your mother has some special guests coming over today for dinner. She asked me to cook a big feast!” He said in a strong Italian accent.

A guest? Hmmm, I wonder who it could be. I left the kitchen, pondering on the mysterious guest and didn’t realize on where I was going until I bumped into the wall and fell.

I rubbed my forehead. Ouch! That hurts a lot.

“Ms Park!” One of the maids said. She put the silver tray of tea and cookies she was carrying and ran over to help me up.

“Thanks Louise.” I said while holding on to her arm as she helped me up. I straightened my clothes and headed straight for my room.

As soon as I entered, I saw the dress that Mother bought for me laying on my bed. I kinda regret letting her buy me a new dress. Maybe I can just cut it up to pieces after the stupid dinner party.

I switched on my pink macbook and while waiting for it; I started tying my hair into a messy bun. Suddenly, a ‘bleep’ sound came from my macbook.  I checked it and it was Fany instant messaging me.

MushroomFany: Hey Minah! Awake now?

QMin: Yeah:) Chives sent you home?

MushroomFany: Yup! So I was wondering if you like to hang out next Friday at the mall.

QMin: Sure. I got nothing on anyways

MushroomFany: Great! TTYL~

I started surfing the net, looking for something interesting but failed to do so. I logged off my macbook and headed straight for my bathroom for a nice long bathe. I turned the tap on and waited for the water to fill the tub. After 2 minutes, I turned the tap off. I took off my clothes and slowly stepped into the tub.

FANY'S POV

 

After Chives sent me home, I decided to switch on my computer and wait for Minah to sign in. After 10 minutes, a notification came up

- QMin has logged on -

I decided to put my plan into action

MushroomFany: Hey Minah! Awake now?

QMin: Yeah:) Chives sent you home?

MushroomFany: Yup! So I was wondering if you like to hang out tomorrow at the mall.

QMin: Sure. I got nothing on anyways

MushroomFany: Great! TTYL~

I decided to get started on the stupid history homework Mr Lee gave us. We have to write one freaking 2000 words essay on an artifact! But I was way too happy to get angry. Finally, the plan can be executed! Minah won't know what will be coming at her.

Suddenly, another notification went off.

- BlingBlingJjong has logged on -

Part 2 of my plan can be completed today too!

MushroomFany: Hey Jonghyun

BlingBlingJjong: Hey Tiffany

MushroomFany: I was wondering, would you like to hang out tomorrow at the mall?

BlingBlingJjong: Sure ;) Wouldn't miss it

MushroomFany: Can't wait ~

I immediately logged off right after that. I was way too excited to concentrate on anything else. Now all I need is a pair of handcuffs.

MINAH'S POV

 

Before I could relax for 30 minutes, I heard a knock on the door.

“Ms, your mother told me to tell you that the guest will be here in 30 minutes.”

“Oh, ok. Do you know who’s the guest?” I asked. Hoping she would tell me.

“It’s your cousin, KiKwang, Ms Park.” She replied.

A smile lit up on my face. I haven’t seen KiKwang in ages! We would always hang out in the garden of my house playing tag. I wonder how he looks like now. The last time I saw him, he was wearing those thick nerdy glasses and would always cry.

I immediately got out of the tub and started drying myself with a nice fluffy towel. I put on a nice pink dress with ribbons and started untying my hair. Louise (A/N: The maid) came in and was shocked to see my hair so tangled.

“Ms! What happened to your hair!?” She said in horror.

"Oh, well I kinda tied my hair into a messy bun." I replied.

Louise immediately grabbed a comb and started combing my hair. I don't really understand why my hair can't be messy. After she finally finished combing, which seemed like forever, I went to the living room. I saw Mother and she was dressed in a blue cocktail dress matched with a pair of black high heels.

"Darling, you look beautiful." Father said to me.

"Thanks Dad." I replied with a smile.

"Ding Dong" The doorbell rang.

Finally! After a long time, I get to see my cousin!