Chapter 6

The King & Queen

MINAH'S POV

 

It was finally Friday, the last day of the school week. Fany and I were walking towards the school gates. Chives opened the door for Fany and me. I saw Mother inside and I was wondering why she was here.

“Hi Honey and Fany, we’re going to go shopping for new dresses for the dinner party!” Mother said in excitement. Are we going shopping for her or for me? Chives drove to the mall and once we arrived, Mother dragged Fany and I out of the car.

As always, Mother forbids me to wear anything old from my closest and practically pushed Fany and me to the mall to shop for new dresses. I must have tried on over 5 dresses. It’s just a dinner party, I don’t get why Mother is so particular on what dress I wear.

She finally came to a decision and bought for me a creamy color dress that matched my skin tone perfectly. I have to admit, I like dressing up once in a while but not for him. Tiffany got a blue sparkly dress that suited her silhouette perfectly.

Like I said, she’s really gorgeous. After we purchased our dresses, Mother was telling me that Fany and I have an appointment with the hair stylist, as well as the manicurist. Mother doesn’t seem to be dressing me for a dinner party but my wedding. That woman seriously has got to calm down.

 Fany couldn’t keep her excitement contained. She was so excited to see how Jonghyun’s house would like. As soon as we got into the car, I took out my ipod and plugged in my earphones. Music always calmed me and takes away my stress.

I closed my eyes for a while. A few minutes later, I peeked a bit and saw Mother and Fany in an animated conversation. I wonder what they’re talking about.

FANY'S POV

 

I don’t really see why Minah is so worked up about me talking with Jonghyun. I don’t really like him but this all part of a plan so I tell her I do like him. He doesn’t really have any bad qualities but he’s just not my type.

Mrs Park was sitting in the car, sipping on some champagne. Minah was closing her eyes, listening to music. I thought this would be the perfect chance to talk to Mrs Park about my plan.

“Mrs Park, erm, I have a plan that I would like to discuss with you.” I said shyly.

“Why, go ahead dear. What is it?” She asked with a smile. Mrs Park has got to be one of the kindest ladies ever.

“Well, I was planning to get Minah and Jonghyun together. Even though they seem to hate each other, I think maybe under all that hatred, they could possible like each other.” I said animatedly.

I was really excited and if Mrs Park helped out with my plan, it would make my life easier. I was waiting for an answer. Mrs Park’s face was just blank but after a few seconds, her face changed into a bright smile.

“That’s a wonderful idea Tiffany! Why didn’t I think about this before! Mrs Kim has been a family friend for many years. I’m sure she wouldn’t mine if Minah and Jonghyun dated. Maybe even get married!” She said to me with excitement in her voice. She started going on about their wedding and maybe grandchildren.

Whoa… I only want Minah and Jonghyun to be a couple, not get married immediately but what can one do with a mother like Mrs Park?