Chapter 5

The King & Queen

“Thank you.” I replied

The sounds of laughter illuminated the room next door, the living room. My curiosity sent me over to check it out, Fany followed suit. A horrible image struck my eyeballs. It was Mrs Kim and Jonghyun sitting across my mother laughing their hearts out.

“Oh Minah, your home!” mother smiled at me.

“Hello Mother, Mrs Kim.” I said faking my best smile

“Hey! Jonghyun’s here.” Fany whispered in my ear, unnecessarily excited.  There is something wrong with that girl.

“Minah honey,” Mother said, “Mrs Kim has invited us to her dinner party two weeks from Saturday. Tiffany can come to if she likes.” Great… another social gathering where I’m stuck with that dino. Why? What have I done to the universe that I deserve such punishment?

“Thank you for the invitation Mrs Kim.” I said politely. Jonghyun smirked and I gave him my famous deadly glare. Must have been him who told him mom to invite me so that he could just annoy the hell out of me.

I left pulling Tiffany along with me. I ran up the stairs as she lagged behind, I wanted to get out of there. Sometimes Jonghyun makes me claustrophobic.

My room had pink and cream walls. A king size bed was covered in pillows of satin. A 42-inch plasma tv hung on the wall opposite my bed. A walk-in closet was built in my room for my 10th birthday. Mother always said that a small wardrobe was never enough for a lady.

Fany came in after me and closed the door. I just sat on my bed flipping through the tv channels looking for something interesting to watch.

“So.., can I come with you?” Fany asked in a quiet voice.

“Sure! You can come and help me destroy that dino’s house to pieces.” I said sarcastically.


enjoy ~ and Happy Lunar New Year ^^ though I'm kinda late