#1 Gone

Because of You

“Umma! I-I-I’m gonna be in a project group! CUBE Entertainment has decided to let me debut! Just another year and you’ll see me on stage!” Jihyun screamed excitedly. “Jeongmal? Aigoo, my baby girl is finally going to see the world, finally going to fulfill your dream.” Mrs Nam smiled warmly. “Umma! I’m gonna go tell Oppa and the other INFINITE Oppas! They’re gonna be so proud of me!” Jihyun cheekily smiled and bid Mrs Nam goodbye as Mrs Nam reminded her to be careful.

“Yeoboseyo? Oppa? I’ve good news for you!” Jihyun happily called Woohyun, her idol oppa.
“Ne, princess, what is it?” Woohyun waited curiously.
“CUBE Entertainment had chosen me to debut! Oppa, I’m gonna be famous just like you!”
“Jeongmal?! Wah, our princess has grown up. The other oppas will be so happy for you.”
“Ara! But Oppa! Don’t tell them yet, I’m going over now. I want to see their reactions, it would be so funny, especially Dongwoo oppa.”
“You naughty girl, how can y—“
“AH!” A piercing scream echoed into the phone.
“J-Jihyun?! Jihyun-ah! Gwaenchanha? Answer me! JIHYUN-AH!!”

Jihyun slowly opened her eyes, wincing a little due to the sudden brightness. She had been in coma for nearly two weeks. “Jihyun?Apa! Umma! Jihyun is awake!” She could hear Woohyun’s voice shouting. In the next minute, Jihyun sees many pairs of eyes staring back into hers. “Oppa… Where am I…?” Jihyun weakly asked Woohyun. “You’re in the hospital. You got into an accident about a month ago and you’ve been in sleep ever since then. You scared me, Jihyun-ah! Don’t ever talk on the phone while crossing the road again ne? We can’t afford to lose you.” Woohyun nagged weakly, Jihyun could see her brother was on the verge of tears, and so were her parents and other INFINITE members who were there as well.

Jihyun nodded quickly to give them comfort. She felt uncomfortable so she started to fidget. But something felt weird… She didn’t know what until she started hitting her legs. Nothing. She felt nothing at all. “O-Oppa…” Jihyun was tearing up as she called out for Woohyun. She started hitting her legs harder, more and more. But there was nothing. No sign, no feeling of pain. “OPPA! Wae? Why can’t my legs feel anything?! Am I going to be crippled forever? Oppa! Oppa!!” Jihyun screamed. Everyone else in the room was shocked as well. The doctor did say about the possibility losing her ability to walk, but they believed otherwise. Myungsoo, who was the closest to Jihyun except for Woohyun, immediately charged out to call for the doctor.

The doctor came in and did a few simple tests for Jihyun. “Jaesonghabnida, I’m afraid she won’t be able to walk for quite a while. The fact that she was hit quite badly and being in coma for a month, it is very hard to say, but she can try going through therapies to help improve the condition.” The doctor told Woohyun outside of the ward.

“Oppa? What is it? Why can’t my legs move? Does it mean I can’t dance anymore? Does it mean my dreams are going to be shattered just like this?” Jihyun struggled to hold in her tears. She had been training for 5 years, just to be on the same stage like her oppa. “A-aniyo, Jihyun-ah, and the doctor say this is temporary. It’s because you’ve been in sleep for too long, so your legs are in sleep too, you know… They’ll wake up soon, so you just got to go for therapies so that they can wake up, ara?” Believing that this was only for a period of time, Jihyun only nodded.


A/N: I got a little emotional when I started writing halfway through this. Well, I'm always imagine a lot, so yeah, when I think of the scene which I really lost something most important to me, my heart ached. Hahas, did anyone get affect a bit? Or I'm that much of emotional? SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! :DDDD <3 Btw, I'll get a poster up soon! :D