Chapter 9

Iniquitous love

 

Hi ^^

I hope I am making progress even though I am abit slow. Thank you for your kind understandings ^^

The plots starts soon... so please let me me if you were to find it too cliché. 

Thank you for reading! And commenting! And subscribing!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

The next day...

“Yeoboseyo! Help me check up on this person.” “Kim Junsu… start from Shim Changmin.” “I want every piece of information about him; including his favourite food and the name of his pets… do whatever you have to!” An impatient Yoochun hung up after spewing orders at his assistant.

Gulping down his hang over tablets with a single mouthful of water, the man lay back onto his soft comfortable bedding and tried to think of ways to get closer to Junsu. He has to start from Changmin.

 “Changmin sshi. I have a corporate dinner meeting tomorrow evening… do bring your wife and children along.” “I want us to bond more… since I didn’t get a chance to hang out with you properly on your mom’s birthday.” Yoochun bit his lips and waited for Changmin to turn him down, thinking about how he wants to persuade Changmin.

Changmin agreed, pleasantly surprising Yoochun. “My secretary will send you the invitation.”

“Yeoboseyo! Forget about the investigation first! I need you to arrange a dinner tomorrow.” “TSK! I know it’s a little rushed, but I need it done! Get everyone of those directors and their wives to come too. NO ONE gets to excuse themselves!” More pressure is added to Yoochun’s assistant with the single call.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Meanwhile…

“Wake up baby. I made us breakfast today.” Changmin breathed onto the back of Junsu’s bare neck and nibbled onto it softly.

Junsu, still curled up in a fetal position, shifted and opened his eyes slowly. Then sitting up abruptly, the disheveled yet pretty man went straight for the alarm clock and stared at it hard. “NINE?!? It’s nine!! I overslept!!”

“Relax baby! You are currently unemployed!! Remember!!” Changmin laughed at the younger man as he winced, in an attempt to leap out of bed. Changmin hadn’t gone easy on him last night, and Junsu hate mornings like that, when he can barely sit properly on a chair.

“Right! Right… I forgot…”

“Oooo. Yeobo! You look more delicious than the breakfast I made. Can I have you for breakfast instead?” Changmin tried to joke and got onto the bed, just to be kicked off by Yoobin, who had suddenly appeared from under the blanket.

Stunned, the embarrass father tried to hypnotise his little girl out of remembering her parent’s bed talk. “Umma!! I will protect you!! Just call me when appa tries to bully you!”

“Yoobin ah… go take your breakfast. Umma still needs a shower.” Junsu tried not to be bothered by the sticky substances on their bed and all over him, while he urged his daughter out of the room.

“Eat it all up my dear! No wasting allowed!! Appa made them especially for you!!” Junsu shouted after the girl as she skipped out, recalling how she is picky with her food. Yoobin only finishes the food Junsu makes.

“Can you walk?” Changmin reached for Junsu and tried to pull the younger man out from under the sheets. “Aigoo! I have seen every inch of you baby! No need to be shy.” He continued to coax Junsu while the man shook his head shyly.

“I can manage. Go make sure the kids finish up whatever is on their plate.”

“Really? I really want to help you wash up too!” Changmin pouted.

“Go! Or I am calling for Yoobin!”

“Alright alright! Next time then…” “OH!! Do you think we will hit the jackpot this time? I did take pains not to waste any of my little soldiers!” Changmin tried to joke again, failing to notice Inhwan standing at the doorway.

"SHHH!!" Junsu's eyes widened as he stared at Changmin, willing the man to shut up.

“AHH! Inhwan ah! What are you doing here?!” The man, who was walking backwards, almost ran into his son on his way out.

With an appalled look on his face, Junsu threw a pillow at Changmin to chase the man out altogether and quickly locked himself in. “Make sure your son forgets what you just said too!! Or I’m bunking in with the kids tonight!”

“Aigoo!! Now I wish I didn’t have kids!! So bothersome!!”

“Appa, you are the irritating one!” Yoobin quipped at Changmin as he joins her at the dining table.

“Yah yah yah! Is that how you talk to your father? You little imp!”

“Just eat appa! You will only shut up when you eat!”

“TSK!” Changmin was about to start ranting when Yoobin shoved a piece of burnt toast into his mouth, shutting him up.

“Su. I will be attending Yoochun sshi’s corporate dinner tomorrow night… he wants you to join us too.” Changmin asked when Junsu joined them at the table after his bath.

“… Yoochun sshi? … Can I make myself scarce?” Junsu shrugged.

“Why? It’s purely for business… I want to bring you around… you are my beautiful accessory…” Changmin tried to persuade Junsu.

“Yoobin is pretty… why not bring her? I don’t like those places…”

“Yoobin will come too. I agreed for three of us.”

“… … what time will it be?”

“I will tell you when I get the invitation later.” Kissing his wife’s forehead lightly, Changmin exited the dining area, humming happily as he made his way upstairs.

Junsu was hesitant to join Changmin after hearing Yoochun’s name. He is very affected by how Yoochun was acting quite inappropriately to him during his in-law’s party, and he does not wish to see Yoochun again.

The other reason, which is also the main reason, is that Yoochun gave off a very different vibe, in the negative way. It’s the type of feeling where you get goosebumps just by looking into the person’s eyes, even though the person is a complete stranger. Junsu did not like how Yoochun seem to know him inside out, and he also dislikes the idea of himself, somehow finding Yoochun familiar, even though he has absolutely no interaction with the man before.

Junsu’s instincts told him to give the dinner a pass, but he did not see much harm in attending, since it is with Changmin. He is dead wrong. His life will spiral out of control because he agreed to let Yoochun into his ‘new’ life.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

The next day…

Yoochun’s POV

I was still afraid that they VIPS weren’t going to turn up, but they did, fortunately for me.

I plan to get my Junsu alone first… then I will get a chance to really thrash things out with him.

The plan is to get someone to ‘attack’ him and bring me proof… that the marking exists. It’s a tattoo. I will know it if it was erased… and if it is. I will get to the bottom of it.

I just need to pretend to come to his rescue… so he does not get a wrong impression of me.

It all starts today.

End of POV

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

“Yeobo. You go on in with Yoobin first. I will go park the car.”

“It’s alright! We will come with you.”

“No need for that. The carpark is a pretty long walk from here… I didn’t expect the valet to be closed.”

“Umma. I need the toilet!”

“Yoobin can’t wait?” The little girl shook her head. “… We will wait for you outside the venue then…”

“I will be back in a jiffy.” Changmin dropped off his wife and daughter at the hotel entrance. The driver for Changmin needed to take emergency time off for his sick mother, so Changmin ended up driving his family to the dinner.

Junsu was hesitant about going at first, but since Yoobin was so insistent on going, he had to give in. Yoobin wanted to show off her new dress to Yoochun, whom she has grown fond of, after meeting at the party.

“Yoobin ah. Umma will wait outside for you.” Junsu took Yoobin’s childish purse and stationed himself outside the lavish toilet of the hotel. The surrounding is seemingly quiet, and Junsu can’t but feel that something is up. He ignored his gut feelings.

Rubbing his hands together for warmth, Junsu stood under the strong blasting cold wind of the air conditioner. He did not notice two burly men watching him from the male’s toilet, just opposite to the female’s latrine. “Go now! I will be here. Bring him in.” Yoochun whispered and perched himself in one of the cubicle. “Make it look like an attempted assault.”

The two men nodded and swiftly left their positions, grabbed Junsu by the mouth, and dragged him into the gents, struggling very little with him even though he is trying hard to break free. Junsu tried to scream, but his mouth was sealed shut with a thick palm.

Throwing Junsu into the cubicle beside Yoochun’s, the two men reached for Junsu’s clothes and ripped them up. They ended up tearing it up further while Junsu struggled with them. There is indeed no tattoo there. However, there was a scar, left by the laser treatment for removal.

Yoochun could feel his anger boiling when he spotted the scar. Suppressing his rage, the man moved according to his plan and dashed forward, ‘catching’ the two men off guard, chasing them out with threats to call the police. Even though he is being rescued, the younger man was still in distress.

Trembling while Yoochun held onto him tightly, Junsu did not even care about who he was clinging on to. The older man, on the other hand, could not bring himself to let go even after the younger man had already calmed down.

“YEOBO!!!” “UMMA!!! WHERE ARE YOU?!?”

“YEOBO!! Yoobin ah!! Look over there!! SU!!”

“UMMA!! WHERE ARE YOU?!?” The cries from a little girl and man both sounded really desperate.

Upon hearing his husband and daughter’s cries, Junsu immediately wriggled out of Yoochun’s tight embrace and make a break for the door, calling out to them while his voice cracked.

“YEOBO!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!?” Changmin cried out in shock upon seeing Junsu exit the toilet, eyes red, skin bruised by the tight clutches. His shirt and pants were a mess as he stumbled out and held onto Changmin for dear life.

Changmin immediately took off his coat and wrapped it around Junsu, cuddling him close while he kissed the younger man’s head hard. Yoobin too, was cuddling up with her parents while they stayed in a tight embrace, thankful for Junsu’s safe return.

It has become apparent to Changmin that someone wanted to do things to his wife, or rather, it looked to be so, but he kept mum, since Yoobin was there. He did not want to traumatize the little girl.

Yoochun was seething as he watched the three huddled up together on the floor. He can tell that Junsu is very reliant on Changmin, and even though he was there to offer support, Junsu flew straight into Changmin’s arms the moment the man turned up. Yoochun is VERY insulted and VERY jealous.

“Changmin… Yoochun sshi saved me.” Junsu whispered, breaking the long moment of silence.

“… Let’s get you home first… I will thank him another day.” Changmin whispered back and carried Junsu out from the lobby, bridal style.

“Ahjussi!! Thank you for saving my umma from the bad guy!!” Yoobin spotted Yoochun watching them from behind a pillar and rushed forward to the man, hugging his legs and tugging at his shirt gleefully.

“Oh… Yoobin ah…” Yoochun choked on his words while his biological daughter held onto him affectionately.

“Thank you, Yoochun sshi! I owe you one.” Changmin smiled and ushered Yoobin to over while they prepare to head back to their car.

“It’s no problem… anytime.”

“I’m sorry… but I will have to bring my wife home first. Please greet the board on my behalf.”

“Will do.” Yoochun said, almost growling.

Junsu felt really embarrassed all of a sudden and hid his face against Changmin’s broad chest, refusing to look at Yoochun. He felt humiliated that Yoochun had to see him wearing the torn pieces of clothe.

What he doesn’t know is that Yoochun has seen him before, and is determined to have him back.

“Goodbye ahjussi! Umma needs to rest!! I need to take care of him! I will show you my dress another day!” Yoobin said and waved goodbye to Yoochun, running after her parents while Changmin brisk walked out of the lobby.

“Goodbye. Take care of your umma.” Yoochun smiled and waved at the little girl. Wrapped around his hand, is a few strands of Yoobin’s long brown hair.

Yoochun had plucked them out while the girl was hugging onto him. She did not feel a thing, but they were important to Yoochun, so Yoochun helped himself to a few more, just in case.

“Changmin… You bastard!! You can remove that tattoo all you want but I will put it right back where it belongs!! HE IS MINE!!! YOU HAVE TO RETURN WHAT DOES'NT BELONG TO YOU!!” The tall man roared menacingly as he punched the wall behind him. Kicking the dustbin nearby until the metal dented.

Then, taking a long moment to calm himself down, the man placed the strands of hair inside a small Ziploc bag, he stuffed the package into his pocket before leaving to entertain the guests upstairs.

Yoochun knows he is making good progress. Now that he knows the younger man is Junsu, he plans to confirm if Yoobin is really his.

He plans to use these little glitches in Changmin’s lie to turn the other man’s world upside down, and hopefully, get Junsu back. He has to make a heartless decision, even though knowing it will most definitely hurt Junsu, but he feels that it is for the better good.

He will not forgive Changmin for removing his branding. Junsu might have lost his memory, but Yoochun’s ‘legacy’ stays, and Yoochun is confident that Junsu will accept it the time comes.

When words gets out that Yoobin isn’t Changmin’s, Yoochun knows that Mrs Shim will be the first person to do him some justice, even though she is Changmin’s mother. 

Let the saga begin!

~End of Chapter~