Chapter 10

Iniquitous love

 

Hi ^^

This update is kind of rushed... hope it didn't turn out to bad. 

Please do read and comment... and subscribe if you may! Thank you!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

“Ding dong ding dong ding dong!!!” The doorbell sounded urgently as a long manicured finger pushed it violently.

“Coming!!” A soft voice sounded, followed by light footsteps. A small frame emerged from the kitchen and peeped at the live feed from outside the main gate. “Umma?”

“OPEN UP!!” A shrill cry broke the peace as an angry woman pounded her finger on the door bell again.

“KIM JUNSU!!! YOU !!!” The woman charged in through the garden as soon as the main gate opened for her. A tight slap landed square across Junsu’s face, sending the man sprawling. Junsu wasn’t prepared for that blow even though he knew the woman is fuming mad.

Without asking the reason, Junsu bowed his head and cowered in silence. That’s his own defense mechanism whenever his mother-in-law cracks down on him. This is the first time she has ever done something so abrupt and uncalled for though, and Junsu has to try recalling what he did to infuriate her again.

“Halmeoni!! Don’t hit umma!!” The man’s daughter came dashing down to stairs to her mother’s rescue. The little girl, as hard headed and stubborn as her biological father, would never accept anyone hurting her mother, not even if the person is her favourite grandmother. Junsu is her tip top favourite and she is very protective of him even at such a tender age.

The older woman glared down coldly at the little girl while she got onto the chair and stood at the same height as her mother. Sweeping Junsu’s fringe from his face, his daughter blew lightly at his stinging cheek, trying to ease the angry red and inflamed area.

“Go to your room Yoobin. I need some time with your umma.” The woman spoke menacingly, clawing at her handbag furiously.

Yoobin hesitated before ran back to her room. Not to hide or because she is obeying her grandmother’s instructions, but to call her father for backup.

Dragging Junsu into the store room by the hair, the woman pushed him down onto the floor and hit him with all her might, using her handbag. “YOU!! I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG WHEN MINNIE SAID HE KNOCKED YOU UP!!!” “MY SON WOULD NEVER DO SUCH THINGS!!”

“YOU TEMPTRESS!! HOW CAN YOU MAKE MY SON MARRY YOU USING SUCH DESPICABLE MEANS?!!?” “HOW CAN YOU LIE TO HIM LIKE THAT!? YOU LIAR!!!”

“… …” Junsu did not know what to say. It’s as though she is speaking some foreign language. He tried to think about incidences where he actually lied to Changmin.

“ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?!”

“No… I just…”

“DON’T YOU GIVE ME STUPID EXCUSES!!” “YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!!”

“? … … ?” Junsu still doesn’t understand.

“YOU !!! I AM GOING TO MAKE SURE HE LEAVES YOU!! IF THAT’S THE LAST THING I DO!!!”
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Meanwhile…

“Appa!! Come home quick!! Umma is being beaten by halmeoni!!” Changmin was seated and flipping through his proposals when his daughter called him.

Jumping up from his chair, the man raced out of his office and hopped into his car, speeding home at full speed.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Changmin’s POV

 

I got a call from Yoobin saying that umma is already at my house and wreaking havoc… so I rushed home as fast as I could.

 

Pushing aside the half opened gate, I ran through the garden as fast as I could and entered the house… just to find umma sitting on the couch with my yeobo beside her.

I asked her what happened but she refused to answer. Then I noticed her clutching onto a piece of paper and glaring at my yeobo. There was this suitcase at the door too. I could not really tell what is going on at first, until I caught a glimpse of yeobo’s face.

Umma had beaten him up pretty badly. There were small scratches on his neck and cheeks… and his lips were chapped and broken. I flipped and blew up at umma immediately… just to be served a tight slap as well.

Umma then the paper into my face and yelled at me to read the content. I was shocked. Not because of what is written on top… but because of the existence of the evidence at the first place.

“The DNA sample provided by this female recipient, Shim Yoobin, does not match that of the mentioned, Mr Shim Changmin. There are 3/23 matches found, indicating little parental relation.”

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS DNA REPORT DOING HERE?!!

I NEVER actually did a DNA test! WHAT IS THIS?! WHAT IS THIS?!

“I saw this in the mail this morning. It was addressed to me. Mind explaining yourself?” Umma started.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw that Yoobin was hiding alongside the staircase… and my best guess is that she does not know yet.

How much did umma reveal about the letter?

Did Yeobo read it yet?

“I wanted you to read this before doing anything else. What do you intend to do now?” Does that mean she hasn’t shown anyone the letter yet?

“YAH! Shim Changmin!! Do you or do you not know about this?! WHAT DO YOU INTEND TO DO ABOUT IT?!” Umma shouted at me while pinching my bicep painfully. I remained silent… watching out for my yeobo’s reaction.

He didn’t look up at all… just looking at his feet quietly and fiddling nervously at his shirt. He always does that when he is around umma… and it just got worse. I don’t think he knows…

Anyhow! He didn’t do anything wrong!! She has no rights to shout at him!!

Also, I need to know if he knows about the letter’s content…

Did umma tell him anything at all?!

How much did she really say?!

NO!! This is not happening to me!!

Yeobo mustn’t know!!

End of POV

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

“Umma. Let’s talk somewhere else.” Changmin took off his coat and dumped it onto the couch before pulling his mother into the garden.

“What do you want to do with him!? I want you to send him packing! Is that clear?!”

“How much did you tell him?” Changmin brushed his mother off and diverted the conversation.

“WHAT?! Who cares?!”

“HOW MUCH DID YOU REVEAL TO HIM?! ABOUT THE LETTER!!”

“You stupid boy!! What are you talking about!?”

“You didn’t tell him why you are mad right?” Changmin asked and Mrs shim shook her head.

“Good! Don’t tell him anything!” Changmin heaved a sigh of relief.

“What are you talking about?!”

“Go in. Apologise for causing a fuss. And pretend that nothing is wrong alright?” Changmin said coldly.

“WHAT?!!” Mrs Shim is so infuriated by her son that she started hitting him instead. Changmin quickly closed the main door tightly and pulled his mother further down the lawn, in case she does anymore damage with her foul mouth.

“YOU IDIOT!! ARE YOU TELLING ME TO DROP THIS?!?”

“YOU CAN’T KEEP BACKING THAT !! YOU ARE LEAVING HIM!!! I DON’T CARE!!” Mrs Shim pulled Changmin’s ears and tried to drag him along with her.

“UMMA!! YOU ARE BEING UNREASONABLE!!”

“HOW?! WHEN?!”

“RIGHT NOW!! SU DOESN’T FREAKING KNOW THAT YOOBIN ISN’T MINE TO BEING WITH!! AIGOO!!” Changmin admitted in a huff, taking the pains to look around for anyone eavesdropping.

“WHAT?! DO YOU THINK I AM BORN YESTERDAY?! HE WAS HIDING A GUILTY CONSCIENCE JUST NOW!! ONLY YOU ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO BE TAKEN IN BY HIM!”

“HE ISN’T HIDING ANYTHING UMMA!! HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT AROUND YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE BEING A… A…” Changmin hesitated.

“A WHAT?!”

“Being y…” Changmin whispered.

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!” Mrs Shim tried to kick Changmin in the shin, but the man dodged.

“LEAVE MY DARLING OUT OF THIS! He doesn’t know. I lied to him too!!”

“YOU WHAT?!!?” “WHY DID I EVEN BEAR SUCH AN IDIOTIC SON?!”

“HE WOULD KNOW WHO HE SLEPT WITH BEFORE YO WOULD'NT HE?!! YOU IDIOT!!”

“NO!! NO!! HE DOESN’T!!”

“ARE YOU STUPID!?”

“HE LOST HIS MEMORY UMMA!! Before Yoobin was born…”

“You can scold me, blame me… hit me… but please leave my darling alone.”

“DARLING?!”

“SEE!!! THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!! WHAT DID HE FEED YOU HUH?! WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS DEFENDING HIM?!”

“Umma! I lied that he is an orphan too!! I told you he is an orphan because I could find his family…”

“What are you talking about?!”

“I knocked him down umma! I was the cause of his amnesia!!”

“You’ve got to be kidding me!! HOW STUPID CAN YOU GET!?! JUST TURN HIM IN TO THE SOCIAL SERVICES!!! WHY DIDN’T YOU DO THAT?!”

“I fell in love umma!! I can’t leave him now!!”

“NO!! YOU ARE LYING!! HE MADE YOU COME UP WITH THIS STUPID EXCUSE DIDN’T HE?!”

“HE IS AN INBORN SEDUCTRESS!! HE RUINED YOU!!” The exasperated Mrs Shim screeched.

“DO YOU WISH TO SEE ME DIE?!” Changmin resorted to using threats.

“TELL HIM AND YOU WILL WATCH ME DIE!!”

“WHAT?! HOW CAN YOU SAY SUCH THINGS TO ME?!! I AM YOUR MOTHER!!”

“I can’t!! I can’t live without him!! That’s why I had to marry him at the first place!!”

“I DON’T CARE!!” Mrs Shim tried to trudge back into the house, just to be dragged out again by Changmin. The man then knelt dramatically onto the floor and grabbed onto her legs. Willing her not to do anything more.

“UMMA!!! PLEASE DON’T MAKE THINGS HARD FOR ME!!!” Changmin implored his stubborn mother while she hesitated. She never saw Changmin in such a humiliating state before. Her son, a prideful man, would never get down so low in front of anyone. “HE MIGHT LEAVE ME!! I CAN’T LET THAT HAPPEN!!”

It dawned on her that her son is indeed desperate. She is taken aback by how irrational he is whenever it comes to Junsu. He actually kept a secret from her for eight years, and she finds that hard to digest.

“You are my mother!! Please understand!! I don’t want him to know!” Changmin continued in a low voice, and Mrs Shim could feel her heart shattering. She finds it hard to accept that Changmin would beg because of Junsu, but she knows the reason for his actions.

Junsu is a sweetheart that never retorted her. She is not surprised that her son-in-law would not fight back. She is only baffled that he would admit to doing something wrong even though he isn’t sure about what it is exactly.

“Umma! I know I am wrong! Please don’t be angry! I will do whatever it takes!” Junsu joined Changmin shortly, throwing himself beside the man and tugging at her skirt, even though he is clueless as to why she is so worked up.

“What did you do wrongly? Tell me.” Mrs Shim raised an eyebrow at her son in law and watched him squirm uncomfortably. She now knows that Junsu is just as clueless as Changmin claimed. “I… I.” Junsu frowned as he tried recalling even harder.

“Forget it!! Just get out of my sight!! BOTH OF YOU!” Mrs Shim brushed the two kneeling figures off and stomped out of the garden.

Then, slamming the door of her Porsche shut, Mrs Shim drove off.

“Umma! Appa!!” Yoobin finally crept out and broke the long awkward silence, urging her parents to go back into the house, while they remained in the same position.

“Inhwannie! I need to go pick him up.” Junsu wiped away the tear drops rolling down his face and made his way back into the house quietly. Pulling on a grey sweater, Junsu slipped on his shoes and left for his son’s school. Changmin followed.

“Yeobo. Wait for me.” Changmin caught up and held onto Junsu protectively.

“… …” Junsu stayed silent.

“… …”

“I will do better next time.” Junsu said finally, smiling at Changmin weakly.

“That’s my line.” Changmin hugged Junsu tightly and kissed him on the forehead.

“Damn… your face is messed up.” Changmin whispered after a while and took a long look at Junsu’s pale face. Rubbing the small scratches gently, Changmin Junsu’s cheeks and frowned.

“It’s fine. Yours is too.”

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Changmin’s POV

I finally told umma the truth… at least she knows the difficult situation I am in now…

 

Fortunately for me, I managed to keep this matter under wraps as of today… but I still have no idea what is going on! I need to find out what happened!!!

Who is doing this?!

NO ONE has ever suspected anything before… Has Yoobin’s face started to rouse people’s suspicion?

Umma did say she received the mail this morning right?

I never did such tests before… And I have never sent my DNA for any form of testing before either…

WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING?!

How did he or she get a sample of my Yoobin’s DNA? What about mine then?

I need to get to the bottom of all this!

End of POV

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

“Yeoboseyo. How was it?”

“They are hugging each other just outside at the junction… they seem fine.”

“WHAT?! Are you sure that’s them?!”

“Yes! The mother just left. Nothing is happening...”

“TSK!”

“Continue keeping an eye on Kim Junsu.”

“Yes.”

“And find out what happened exactly. Make sure Shim Changmin does not suspect a thing!”

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Yoochun’s POV

I don’t believe this!!

I just sent the letter today… dropped it off at the house personally!!

TSK!! Time to do something else…I have to act fast! Before that bastard suspects anything!

Junsu… you need to remember me. No! You WILL remember me soon enough.

And most importantly, I know that the bastard is the one who is hiding my Junsu all this while. I spent eight years in solitude and regrets because of that bastard!! I won’t give in so easily.

Junsu belongs to me! Yoobin as well! I never had a chance to fulfill my duties as a father… but life is fair! I will make sure of it!

End of POV

~End of chapter~