Chapter 6

Iniquitous love

 

 

Hi ^^

Sorry for the late update!! It has been a busy week!! 

Please leave a comment and subscribe if you may!! ^^

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Summer of 2012

“Yoobin ah! Appa is going to be late! Faster!” A tall man stabbing his fingers at his phone ordered his daughter to report to the main door, while only paying attention to his device.

“Yeobo! Inhwannie is not awake yet!” A shorter slim man followed, struggling with the weight of a tiny boy in his thin arms, close behind the little girl while she turned the shoe rack upside down, in search of her lost shoe.

“Appa! Umma! I can’t find the other half of my shoe!”

“Aigoo! Yoobin ah! Check there!” “Yeobo! I will carry Inhwan, he is getting heavy!” The tall man slipped the phone into his suit pocket and reached a long hand out to the shorter man, waiting for him to hand the child over.

“It’s okay! I can handle him, help Yoobin find her shoe!” The shorter man slipped on his flip flops and exited first, balancing his child in his hands while he walked down the steps of the big garden, to the garage nearby.

With a loud slam, the heavy wooden door shut behind two figures as they walked down the path that the man was on. “Yeobo! Yoobin wants her phone!” Changmin called out to the shorter man while he tries to pacify the waking boy.

“It’s in my bag, honey!” Junsu pointed a finger at the bag resting on the booth while still wiping his son’s face with a wet flannel, tidying up the cute mop of curly bed head.

Both father and daughter love it when Junsu pays attention to them. Whoever gets the phone first is the ‘honey’ he was referring to. Dashing forward, both jostled in front of the bag, but Changmin allowed Yoobin to win. This will earn him extra points in Junsu’s heart, and he knows that.

“Inhwannie! Baby. Rise and shine!” Junsu cooed, placed the tiny frame into the child seat and got in shorty after.

“Umma! My ballet recital practice will take some time, you must wait for me! Promise!” The girl’s shrill voice made the chauffeur cringe while her parents busied themselves, tidying each other up.

“APPA! I AM TALKING TO UMMA HERE! Hmmph!” The jealous little girl didn’t like how Changmin would latch onto Junsu while the other made his tie. Everyone in the family loves Junsu. Even the new batch of goldfishes does.

“Yah! Appa just wants some time with your umma!” Changmin brushed the little girl off and got back to using his fingers to comb through his wife’s soft hair while the other focused on his neck, twisting the knot with deft hands.

Changmin stopped driving his family around years ago. He likes it when he gets to spend more time with his family during car rides, hence the use of the chaffeur. In spite of his packed schedule, boss Changmin would always be home for dinner and sleep. His life of isolation and solitude is long gone. He now has a small slender frame to hold on to tightly in his sleep, and he is loving it.

“Appa! You get to spend every night with umma! I don’t!” Yoobin pouted. Putting the finishing touches to Changmin’s neck tie, Junsu fastened the tie pin and turned to pull the fuming girl into his arms. Now, it’s Changmin’s turn to vie for Junsu’s attention. The chauffeur, who is used to the mushy scene kept a poker face.

Pinching Yoobin’s cheeks, Changmin fooled around childishly, trying to make the little one angry just to entertain himself.

One might think that Junsu will be the matured one of the pack, but he isn’t. Pinching Changmin’s cheeks, he laughed at the man and commented on how much his cheeks are starting to sag. Yoobin got jealous again and ended up pinching Junsu’s to grab his attention. The beautiful man pretended to cry, and everyone stopped whatever they were doing to tend to him.

“Yeobo. I will pick you up after work. Inhwannie needs his hair cut. Plus I want to shop for Yoobin’s summer clothings. She outgrew the ones we bought her last year.” Junsu got down to business.

“OH! Our Yoobin is getting fat! Fatty Yoobin!” Changmin mocked his daughter while pulling out his wallet, whipping out his cards and some notes. Slipping over to Junsu’s side and sliding the stack of cash and cards into his wife’s pocket lovingly. Money is the last thing they need to fight over.

Junsu actually held a job, but Changmin intervened, and that was the only thing that Junsu is sour about. “Umma! Appa is being a meanie!”

“Yeobo. She got it from your side of the family. She is like you, so she grows bigger and taller faster than any normal humans.” Junsu chuckled and winked at Yoobin. Satiated, the little girl winked back and stuck a tongue out at her father. The man’s face turned solemn almost immediately. Junsu did not notice.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Changmin’s POV

I managed to woo my wife after a few years… after Yoobin was born and all.

I never had a problem reconciling the facts that Yoobin isn’t mine… but it never bothered me that Yoobin isn’t mine either!

However, I worry more nowadays. She is starting to look a little more different from me and my wife as she grows. My little Inhwannie looked like a mixture of us both… with a little more of his beautiful mother… but Yoobin is just looking very ‘deviant’. She is no doubt very pretty like her mother… but everyone will doubt that she is my biological daughter by the time she reaches her teens.

To be honest, I totally forgot that Yoobin isn’t my own… everytime! Until her face reminds me, time and again that I am not her father.

My wife doesn’t even know that himself. I lied to him. To get him, I lied about us being together before he lost his memory. To make him mine… I told him that he is pregnant with my child… I CAN’T LET THIS SECRET COME TO LIGHT! I will die protecting this secret!

I don’t really remember this ‘Chunnie’s’ face anymore… it’s all a blurry mess. I never took out the picture to refresh my memory since I stashed my wife’s past away in a tiny envelope… in the far end of my safe. Not even my wife knows the password to the safe… but there isn’t anything inside asides from the picture and that god-forsaken ring.

I was paranoid for the past few years actually… always fearing that my wife will bump into ‘Chunnie’… but I am not anymore. I believe that fate had its way of separating them… and allowing me to meet my best friend and love of my life. Fate wouldn’t play with us… would it?

Anyhow, yeobo doesn’t remember this ‘Chunnie’… so if this mysterious guy shows up, we will just have to dismiss him. My wife loves only me now. The man is long forgotten, and I believe he has forgotten my wife as well.

End of POV

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

On the other side of town…

Sliding the belt around his pants, a darkly handsome man in his late twenties locked the golden buckle, checked his tie again and made his way to the main door.

“Yeoboseyo? No… umma… please stop it! I am not moving back! This will be the last time I repeat myself! Tsk!” The man sulked and threw his phone into the side pocket of his suitcase.

Kicking on his Ferragamo leather shoes, the man left the small apartment for his sports-car parked downstairs. The man is rich, there is no doubt about that, but he chooses to live in an ordinary apartment, within an ordinary neighbourhood. Not somewhere with tight security or well known for its rich tenants.

“I will be there in thirty. Get the man to wait.” Speaking into his earpiece, the man ended the call he just received. The picture on his phone, the main wallpaper, is that of a young man, a boy, smiling sweetly back at him. The face of Junsu, eighteen year old Junsu.

“Park Yoochun… stop staring! It’s not as if he will come back to you just by staring!” The man muttered to himself while trying to peel his eyes off the picture and focus on the roads.

Humming to himself, the man with a deep voice pulled off the earpieces and hit the accelerator. Speeding ahead with his car-roof down, Yoochun enjoyed the wind rushing by his cheeks, trying to allow the ‘wind’ therapy to calm his raging heart down.

It has been eight whole years. But he can still feel the day his world came crashing down on him, as if it just happened yesterday. The guilt is just as overwhelming, and the feeling that he had lost something dear still killed his mood constantly.

Living in the house where he last saw the shadows of his young lover, the man harbored hopes that the person will return one day. Knocking the door and wanting to come back in. He even left the spare key exactly where it was eight years ago, and prepared a speech of apology just to ‘welcome’ the person back. However, the eight years past, without even a familiar scent of the person.

Needing alcohol to get himself some sleep for the first three years, the man had converted to being a workaholic to divert his attention. Channel his energy to doing big things. With the help of his mother, he started a company. With the help of his influential background, the man was able to thrive and become one of the world’s richest and youngest entrepreneurs in economy magazines, constantly competing for the top spot with a man called ‘Shim Changmin’.

He does not know that besides competing to be top youngest and richest man known to their country, he is going to need to compete for someone’s heart as well.

“Are you talking about Shim Changmin? I know! Just hold your grounds! I am parking my car already!” The man spoke with an annoyed tone as he slammed the door of his car shut and locked them with a remote.

“Umma! Come here! I found a kitten!!” A little girl’s excited squeals caught the man’s attention as he trained his eyes on the figure in ballet costume, running after a small animal.

The man stopped and took a closer look at the girl while she ran past him. The girl looked so vaguely familiar that he felt his goosebumps rising. Somehow, the girl seemed to look like him when he saw himself in the mirror just a moment ago. His doppelganger? Female version, and younger.

“Yoobin ah! Slow down! Look out for cars!” A sweet melodious voice, rich with mother-like qualities called out from a distance, and the man saw another person emerging from the shadows, with a koala-like child hanging off the chest.

As the person got closer to the man, the man could not but freeze on the spot. Trying to make sense of what he is seeing, hypnotized by the very familiar voice and figure, the man almost hyperventilated while boring holes into the ‘passer-by’ with his intense gaze.

Gasping in broken breathes, the man calmed his breathing as the person passes him by, strolling happily with the child in tow. The ethereal face, the radiant smile, the alluring scent, the beautiful slender figure, everything of the person screamed ‘Junsu’, yet the man can’t register that fast enough.

Then he snapped out of it.

“JUNSU!!” Shouting at the top of his lungs, the man spinned around, just to find the man and two children long gone.

~End of chapter 6~