Chapter 8

Iniquitous love

 

Hi ^^

A chapter to counter monday blues ^^

Thank you all for your kind comments! And also your subscriptions! 

Please continue to comment and subscribe if you may!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.--

“Halmeoni!” The place was crowding up with guests by the time the Shim family arrived. Little Yoobin loved her grandmother, and always latches onto her whenever they get to meet. The older lady adored her grand-daughter too, even though she always berated Changmin everytime they meet, for being irrational and sleeping around behind her back, knocking up a person she considers the least ideal for a daughter-in-law.

“Umma. Inhwannie misses you too!” Changmin stepped aside to reveal his shy adorable son, who was hiding behind his legs, showing off the boy’s adorable new haircut. The child had thick hair like his father, and Junsu is always busy trying to tame those wild manes. The little boy smiled, and all attention is immediately diverted to the chubby fella.

Yoochun, who was at the far end of the room, also got up from where he was seated for a better look at the newly arrived, clutching onto his wine glass tightly as he eyed Changmin. At this moment, he spotted Junsu entering from the side door, away from the spot light and bustling crowd, making his way into the kitchen swiftly.

Yoochun felt his heart miss a beat as he watched the beautiful person stop in front of the kitchen entrance, digging through his sling bag for something. The head of silky blonde hair bobbling up and down amidst the crowd then disappeared, causing Yoochun to bolt and follow instinctively.

Dodging skillfully around in the crowded living area, Yoochun glided alongside the walls and entered the kitchen shortly after the other did. In front of him, were servants busying themselves with churning up the party snacks, while ‘Junsu’ stayed in a small corner near the sink, washing a bottle and rinsing a piece of flannel.

Yoochun stopped right behind the small frame and waited patiently for him to finish up his chores. Spinning around, Junsu slammed right into Yoochun’s broad chest, reeling back from the impact while maintaining his grip on the slippery bottle and wet towel. “I’m so sorry! I didn’t see you!” Junsu thought Yoochun needed the sink too and immediately stepped aside to allow the taller man access.

“Please excuse me.” Junsu said softy, after finding himself trapped in between Yoochun and the people scampering pass him. He can feel Yoochun’s heated gaze on him as the seconds went by, and the feeling that the stranger could see right through him made him very uncomfortable.

Yoochun, on the other hand, stood mesmerized. The scent emit from the slender person in front of him, the huggable figure, the perfect tear drop shaped brown eyes and delectable lips. Yoochun had to suppress the urge to hug Junsu first before anything else.

Biting his lips to keep them from quivering, Yoochun tried to hide his over flowing emotions and to keep himself in check. The feeling of ‘lost and recovered’ was so overwhelming that Yoochun even tear up a little. “… Do you recognize me?” Yoochun said carefully, breaking the ice.

Much to Yoochun’s dismal, the younger man actually looked him in the eye and shook his head slowly. The genuine look of confusion on Junsu’s face made Yoochun really worried. He was expecting a look of surprise and even shock on Junsu’s part, but the beautiful man just stared him in the face and continued staring.

“Are you Junsu?... Kim Junsu?” Yoochun choked on the words a little as Junsu smiled at him, trying to hide the uncomfortable feeling Yoochun is giving him. The younger man appeared clueless, totally unaware of the pre-existence of Park Yoochun in his life. “Eh? You know my name?” Junsu said, looking impressed by Yoochun.

“… …” Yoochun remained silent. The awkward atmosphere made Junsu even more fidgety so he tried to lighten up the spirit.

“… My name is Kim Junsu… May I know yours too?” Junsu smiled at Yoochun again, trying to relax, shifting uncomfortably as the older man stared down at him, with piercing gaze. Yoochun can tell that Junsu is constantly eyeing the ‘escape route’.

“… …” Yoochun did not reply.

“… Erm… Enjoy the party… I need to go now. It’s a pleasure meeting you.” Junsu smiled at Yoochun again, looking longingly at the kitchen exit.

Yoochun hated it when Junsu smiled so sweetly. Any straight man would fall for that honey coated expression. He is unaware that his darkening expression is making Junsu even more afraid of him.

“Wait!” Yoochun blocked Junsu’s path as the shorter man tried to flee from the small opening between him and the kitchen exit. “My name is Park Yoochun.” The older man continued hesitantly.

“Ah! Park Yoochun sshi! My husband speaks of you sometimes!” “Do forgive my husband for being too straightforward sometimes… he is actually a very good natured person.” Junsu started to ‘glow’ upon mentioning Changmin, and Yoochun could feel his despair increasing.

Yoochun is indeed very baffled by Junsu’s reaction. To the extent of doubting that the man is Junsu altogether, but man IS called Kim Junsu, there is just too much of a coincidence here. The uncanny resemblance of the Junsu in front of him now and the Junsu from eight years ago is undeniable.

Yoochun wanted to get a feel of the person to confirm his suspicion, yet he is very hesitant. The person in front of him is somehow, a complete stranger now, fully unaware of their past. Yoochun wanted to shake him up a little and make the younger man acknowledge him, yet he knows he can’t do that where they are now.

“… You have heard about me from your…”

“Yes. My husband… Changmin? You know him right?” Junsu said cheerily.

“… Your children… with your husband…” Yoochun stuttered.

“Oh!... About that. I am kind of different… It’s embarrassing to explain.” Junsu blushed red as he misunderstood Yoochun’s intentions. He thought Yoochun meant that he is confused about their relationship. Junsu never tells anyone directly about his defect, and that he gave birth to Yoobin and Inhwan.

“… …” Yoochun’s face is still unreadable, so Junsu decided to end their conversation, since they were heading down the ‘wrong lane’.

Junsu does not want to reveal anything to the person he just met, and he has been told by Changmin to be more sensitive about talks pertaining to private matters. “I have to go now. My children will be looking for me. It was nice meeting you, Yoochun sshi. See you later.”

“Wait!” Yoochun followed Junsu as the man struggled to push his way through the crowd.

“Yoochun ah! Where were you? Changmin is here.” Mrs Park saw her son meandering out from the crowd and approached him, pulling him towards Changmin, even though he wanted badly to follow Junsu around. “Umma! I have met him before!! I need to do something more important right now!”

“YAH! It is rude not to greet him!! Listen! You might be stubborn as a mule, but I am the mule’s mother! Come with me! NOW!” Mrs Park pulled Yoochun by the tie and dragged him in the opposite direction Junsu is headed.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Yoochun’s POV

He doesn’t remember!! HE DOES NOT SEEM TO REMEMBER A SINGLE THING!! I NEED TO KNOW WHY!!

This makes no sense!! Though I didn’t get to confirm if he is my Junsu… he is DEFINITELY my Junsu!! His name is ‘Junsu’ too!! I don’t even need to touch him to know that!

But he doesn’t remember about me!! He did not even blink when I gave him my full name!! PARK YOOCHUN!! His lover!! I won’t consider myself an ‘ex’ since we never officially broke up.

I was SO baffled that I had no idea how to react just now. I definitely looked like the guy from 8 years ago!! How possible is it that he still does not recognise me?! Did he take up acting classes or what? Did he have an inborn ability to act that I am not aware of?

I still need to see the marking on his ankle before passing any judgements!! It’s all because his legs were all wrapped up in those stupid shoes!!

I just can’t believe this is happening to me!! And he even spoke of some other man in front of me so affectionately!!! I wanted to do terrible things to him when he spoke of that man in my presence!! I was SO aching to do bad things to him at that moment...

I must calm down and think rationally!! I have to find out what is going on first!!

Did he lose his memory or something?!? That will explain why he never came back!!!

NO! How the heck did he know his name is Junsu?!? Did he forget everything else but his name?!?

But how did he lose his memory?! How did he lose it!?

This can’t be right!! Is the dead man I saw 8 years ago the culprit?! He did have my Junsu’s belongings right?

How did he meet Changmin?! This is SO f****ed up!! I was his partner!!

How can Changmin make use of this memory loss to his advantage!! I won’t accept this!!!

I have to know!!

End of POV

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Junsu’s POV

Today is my mother-in-law’s 60th birthday… so we are required to turn up as well…

My husband isn’t in best terms with his side of the family… and it is partially because of me. My mother-in-law didn’t like me very much when Yoobin first arrived. It’s still the same now… so I try to avoid them as much as possible.

Can’t blame them… they would’ve never expected that their son… my husband… to marry an orphan instead of a lady of higher class… with better societal connections and intellect.

My kids love their grandparents though… and I am thankful to my in laws for being so accepting towards them. Even though they had many misgiving towards me, they still look at my children kindly.

Sometimes, I wonder if I did something in the past to infuriate them, besides being unworthy of their son. I didn’t ask… but I think it is highly likely that I have made them very angry before. I can’t remember though. My husband never said anything to me too. It’s just like a big chunk of my life is missing… and I have no recollections of it whatsoever. I don’t dwell on it…

Anyhow… I just met this very weird man. He gives me the creeps… the way he kept staring at me. His stared reminded me of my husband’s… when you know… when we are in private. It was super awkward!!

Park Yoochun… he said that is his name. I only know that he is a business associate.

End of POV

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

After the party…

“Umma!!... I want to go home!! HOME!! Where are you… bringing me?!? Send… me back!!”

“Shut up! You are coming home with me! Now sleep!”

“NO! Umma!... He… he might come back!! … No!! He… might already be waiting for me at home!!... He needs… me!!”

“… …”

“LET ME GET OFF!!! I SAID… STOP THE STUPID CAR!! NOW!!!”

“Shhh!”

“I SAID STOP!!!” Yoochun slurred before diving at the driver and holding him in a chokehold.

“STOP IT PARK YOOCHUN!! YOU WILL GET US KILLED!!”

“I DON’T CARE!! … BETTER THAT WAY!!!”

“I REALLY don’t understand you!! Yoochun ah!! Listen to umma!! Forget about him!! He is GONE!”

“NO!! YOU UNDERSTAND!!... He is coming back to me soon!! I have a… a good feeling about this!! I… need to be there when he… returns!”

“YAH!! ARE YOU TAKING WHATEVER I SAY AS BULL?!?”

“YES! YOU bull… A LOT! A LOT!!” Yoochun said after barfing, stinking up the interior of the car with alcohol.

“HE IS DEAD FOR GOD’S SAKES!!”

“NO!! NO NO NO!! He is back!! We… we were THIS close to… one another!!” Yoochun pinched his index finger and thumb together, swinging his hand in front of the infuriated woman.

“You are freaking drunk!! AND going crazy!!! I am getting you an appointment with doctor Choi tomorrow!”

“SHUT IT UMMA!! I was super… super alert just now!!! I… I know he is back!! I SAW HIM!!!”

“… … drive.” Mrs Park gave the driver a gentle tap to start the engines, but Yoochun, stubborn as hell, pushed the door open and rolled out of the car. Sprawled onto the tar flooring of the silent road, the man pushed himself up with much effort and started his long stroll back home, to the apartment.

Unable to drag her son back into the car even with the help of the driver, Mrs Park resigned to flagging down a cab and sending Yoochun off in it. The drunk man insisted that no one follows. Mrs Park was at a lost for what to do.

Apparently, Yoochun had downed almost three bottles of wine and a dozen cups of cocktails just to distract himself from the Shim family. Changmin was so open with his display of affection that Yoochun almost threw punches. He wanted very badly to hit Changmin and blame it on the alcohol, but Junsu was there. He did not want to be dubbed a loony bin.

Upon reaching home, Yoochun flung himself onto the bed, wrapped himself up with his blanket and screamed into it. Muffling his angry cries as he tries to scream himself out of the alcoholic trance, Yoochun tries to stop his world from spinning and his head from hurting.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Back in Changmin’s house…

“Inhwannie is asleep… did you manage to send Yoobinnie off to dreamland too?” Changmin pushed open his daughter’s room door with a soft creak and peeped in.

Inside, on a queen size bed, laid a young girl and her favourite person. The girl is asleep, with a satisfied smile on her face, whereas the other person, lay staring at the ceiling in silence.

Spotting Changmin’s entrance, the man’s solemn expression brightened up as he shifted slowly and steadily in the bed, slipping his arm out from under the girl’s neck before covering her carefully with her quilt. “I think I succeeded.” The man whispered and smiled softly at his husband.

“Let’s go outside… we don’t want to wake her. I don’t want to repeat that boring story again.” The man switched off the bedside lamp and straightened his crumpled pyjamas top, before ushering his husband out.

Junsu’s doleful and blank stare from earlier had roused Changmin’s concern. He has never seen Junsu looking so bothered before, and was surprised to see Junsu staring at the ceiling with a faint frown and sad eyes. “Su… what’s eating you?”

“… I don’t know… I probably have too much alcohol in my system.” Junsu said slowly and turned to return to their shared bedroom.

“Really? Is that really it? You know you can tell me anything…” Changmin hugged his wife from behind and kissed him lovingly on the back of his ears. Junsu then relaxed and lean against his husband, breathing slowly while he closed his eyes, trying to loosen up more.

“Is it umma again?” Changmin whispered quietly, swaying their bodies in sync while they ‘penguin walked’ back to their bedroom. “Did she say something mean to you again?”

“No. It’s just me.”

“Really? You don’t have to lie… I know what she did to you before. I am on your side, baby.” Changmin’s whispered into Junsu’s ears huskily, earning a soft giggle and a on his hands. Shaking his head, Junsu assured Changmin that he is happy and that there is nothing wrong with his in-laws, even though they both know that is not true.

“Yeobo… you can turn in first. I will follow later… need to give myself a detox first…” “Can’t believe I’m still feeling a little tipsy…” Junsu sighed.

“I told you not to drink didn’t I?” Changmin chuckled and tightened his grip around Junsu’s waist.

“Tell you what, baby. I know the best way to detox.” Changmin whispered mischievously into Junsu’s ears before sweeping the beautiful man off his feet and carrying him back to their room. “I’m in need for one myself too.”

Squealing shyly, Junsu wrapped his arms around Changmin’s neck and buried his face into the man’s thick muscular shoulder.

“I want to add a few more siblings for Yoobin and Inhwan.” Changmin said with a ‘erted’ look while ing his wife’s pyjamas. Slipping in on top of Junsu, the other man cuddled him gently and helped himself to the softness of Junsu’s beautiful curves.

“I love you. I will never allow anyone to hurt you.” Changmin said breathlessly after a long passionate kiss, staring intently at the currently figure beneath him.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Changmin’s POV

I was negligent. I should have stayed with yeobo when he was around umma.

Even though umma has already accepted him… she would always jump at the chance to hurl insults and sarcasm at him. It hurts me too. And I know it was my fault… entirely mine.

I cooked up a story and told umma that yeobo is an orphan that I was dating… since I could find anyone related to him biologically. Their relationship had gotten even more ‘estranged’ when I insisted on marrying him… even though umma had other plans for me to get hitch to this rich little miss airhead.

Yeobo had to put up with plenty of rubbish from umma… and that’s partially why I flipped back then. I never brought my family back to visit the elders more than necessary. I know my kids adore their granny and grandpa… but I don’t want anyone to have the chance to hurt my yeobo.

I chose him. He became my everything under very weird circumstances… and I will NEVER regret this decision to stick to him despite everything. We even left the party pre-maturely today… since umma started becoming unreasonable again.

I know my relationship with my side of the family is going downhill… but I am ready for that. As long as umma is unwilling to change her attitude towards Yeobo, I am going to have to stay away from her. She knows that.

I don’t know if yeobo is sad because of umma… but I can safely assume so.

He has worked his off just to prove his worth… and I stopped him. Is that the reason why he is so feeling dejected? Is he feeling inferior again? I haven’t told umma a thing about my yeobo converting to a housewife… but she does not need to know that.

I have to protect him now.

Also, to protect my marriage from future harm… be it from my side of the family… or from ‘Chunnie’, I have come up with an ingenious plan to make more babies. I know I am selfish… but take that as a form of insurance that I am investing in.

End of POV

~End of chapter~