Chapter 7

Iniquitous love

 

Hi ^^ TGIF ^^

Hope this chapter will not be too draggy for your liking. Make a guess about what is to come and let me know. ^^

Please comment and subscribe if you may! They are loved! ^^

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

“JUNSU!!! JUNSU!!!” Yoochun dropped his hand carry dramatically and broke into a run. Dashing around the pillars of the poorly lit carpark, in search of the man that past him by.

Unbeknownst to Yoochun, he is unable to find Junsu because the man has already re-entered the car with tinted windows close by, waiting inside for his husband, Changmin, to close the deal, before they head off to lunch together.

“WHERE ARE YOU!! JUNSU YAH!!!” Yoochun was breathless by the third round around the big facility, and had to stop his search after the fifth time his phone rang. He knows that his business associate is not the most pleasant and patient man, but Junsu is top priority at the moment.

After a few more rounds, and becoming very disappointed and upset with himself, the man finally gave up. Throwing a punch at the wall, he loosened his nicely done tie in a huff and made his way upstairs, to his office. His mood is at rock bottom, so taking out his pills for anxiety attacks, Yoochun swallowed dry and told himself that he is just hallucinating.

Pushing open the glass door to his office, Yoochun is met with a handsome man in his thirties, towering over the secretary and assistant as he looked around Yoochun’s office. “Shim sshi? Good afternoon! I am Park Yoochun. A pleasure meeting you! I am SO sorry for being late!” Yoochun started.

“… That’s fine. My wife says I should be more accommodating to my business partners.” Changmin said, gave a quick smile and shook the hand that Yoochun had stuck out.

“… I am thankful for that. I have heard a fair bit about you from my mother… it is a pleasure to meet you in person. Please do take a seat.”

“The pleasure is mine” “No need for a seat though. My wife and kids are waiting for me downstairs. I am just here to sign the official copy.” Changmin said as he drew out his fountain pen, still standing up.

“Ah I see. Here it is then. I have stated all the conditions here. Do tell me if you have any queries.” Yoochun immediately got his assistant to dish out the ten pages thick document to the taller man.

“… … It’s fine. Here you go.” Changmin read the fine prints quickly and carefully before signing it, then passing the document back to Yoochun, the man turned to leave in a hurry.

“OH! Almost forgot! My mother will be holding a party to commemorate her 60th birthday. Please pass this message to your mother. You are invited too.” Changmin reached into his suit case and pulled out a card. Apparently, Yoochun’s mother was the one who arranged for the two man’s company to work together and is currently a good friend of Changmin’s parents.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Yoochun’s POV

I am breaking down… disintegrating as we speak. Just look at that man! He has kids and a wife at this age, whereas I have nothing! Even though I am catching up in terms of age as well! I am 28 and single. Not having a date for a very long time now!

I have always given in to my needs when I was young and ignorant… even to the extent of hurting my partner 8 years ago. It is my retribution that I stay celibate for so long. I don’t want to be caught cheating again, but that’s if he is coming back at all.

I was foolish… but I have learnt my lesson!! I swear to god that I will do anything just to have him back! Anything!

The guilt of it all is still killing me. I even made sure to keep the house just the way it is when we first moved in… and I also slept on the same bed up til now. It has been a lonely and long eight years for me… but I am still hoping for a miracle.

No one I held within the few years of his disappearance was able to quench the thirst I have for him. I constantly wake up in the middle of the night wishing he was right there for me. I had such burning needs that I couldn’t satiate… until I gave up looking for a replacement altogether and calmed myself down to look for another alternative.

I was angry. I know I do not have the rights to be so… but I couldn’t help it. There was so much pent up frustration within me that I had to see a therapist as well.

I thought I was getting better after seeking treatment for my obsessions, but my ‘mental condition’ just got worse today. I finally started to hallucinate!! I was SO delusional that I thought I saw my daughter too. The unborn child he had in him when he left me.

It doesn’t make sense that I am not insane anyway. If that was him… he would have known it is me right?! He walked right pass me!! Right pass me!! I am almost unsure if I was sane at that moment… but I am sure that I was!! There was nothing wrong with me the last time I checked with my psychiatrist!!

End of POV

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Changmin’s POV

I am doing a deal with a man named Yoochun. Park Yoochun. I only got to know of him when his mother met mine. They have been good friend ever since they hooked up. I’ve heard many things about him… about how he is a very stubborn and capable man. But I really don’t worry about doing any business transactions with him… since he is my umma’s recommendation.

Looking at his office, I am impressed by how chic and up to date he is… how he is so prim and proper. He reminds me of me… eight years ago. Before my Yoobin popped out. Before I met my Yeobo.

Anyhow, he looked almost familiar at first glance. It’s as though I have seen him somewhere before… but then again, who hasn’t? His face is splashed all over the magazine covers and television. Also, since he is promoted for being an innovative businessman, I assumed he would look to be rich, radiant and well fed, but I was genuinely surprised by how sullen and exhausted he looked.

It’s as though he is overworked and underpaid. He should take life easy! I am sure he is not underpaid! He just needs to let go of himself more! Like I did!

Back to my family... today is special because my Yeobo has finally agreed to stop working and dedicate himself to being a full time housewife. I wanted to show him the benefits of losing his job and enjoying life as my wife, so I brought him and our kids out for shopping. I want him to immerse himself into his new lifestyle. I am fully capable of taking care of him.

Yoobin is schooling, Inhwan can feed himself already. I have more time now that I do not run as many companies as I use to. My family is getting on track now. My parents are approving of my Yeobo. Everything is turning out just fine. I do not need any form of disturbances now.

As long as my Yeobo remains this way for the rest of his life, I am happy. The doctors did say that the likelihood of him ever recovering from this is small… and I am counting on that. I need him to stay this way… though I know it is my own selfish intents...

Anyway, even if he does remember anything, I am his husband. He has lived with me for eight years. He would choose to stay with me for sure. We have two kids… and I plan to have more just in case.

End of POV

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

“Yoobin ah! Your appa will be back any minute! Come back!” Junsu got out of the car to run after the hyperactive girl who has sneaked out of the car again.

“APPA!!!” The little girl squealed upon spotting her second favourite person coming out from the lift lobby.

Swooping down, the tall man lifted the girl up and made his way back to the car waiting for him. The car has been there for almost an hour because of the delay caused by Yoochun.

Kissing his wife lovingly on the cheeks, the man got the chauffeur to drive off.

At this moment, Yoochun came down to the carpark again. He wanted to look around again in case he missed out something, but the carpark is now quiet and nothing but the inactive engines greeted him. There isn’t even a shadow present.

Walking briskly to the security post, Yoochun whipped out his access and identification card, demanding to see the security footage to the car park and lobby. The man owns the building, so the guard complied and even played back the recordings for him.

“Go to around a little before noon… when my car came in!” Bent over the security guard, the tall man took over the controls and fast forwarded at will, til he caught sight of himself.

The footage was clear, though the grainy image affected the quality. Narrowing his eyes and focusing hard on the replaying footage, Yoochun could not but allow his mouth to hang open. In the video, Yoochun could see himself where he was more half an hour ago. Then the little ballerina appeared, followed by a shorter, slender figure, making his way past him with a child in his arms.

Zooming in on the face of the figure dressed in white sleeveless turtle neck and pants, Yoochun saw how the person resembled his lost lover. Even though the hair colour is changed due to bleaching, the face and features were undeniably similar.

Letting out a sigh of relief, Yoochun told himself that he can finally rest well knowing he wasn’t seeing things.

However, now that Yoochun is sure the person look a hundred percent like his Junsu, he had to find out where the person disappeared to, lest he turns out to be some supernatural being. As the video continued playing, Yoochun could see his lover entering a car just around the corner while he stood still. Then he saw himself running around frantically, failing to notice the car nearby.

Junsu, in the footage, never turned back or stared at him with any form of recognition. It is evident in the footage that Junsu just strolled right past Yoochun without even checking him out. Yoochun was stumped. It’s either he looked vastly different after 8 years of weathering, or that the person isn’t Junsu to begin with. Nevertheless, Yoochun felt that there is no way that Junsu will not know it was him that he just passed, yet it will be ridiculous to say that Junsu is acting, since Junsu never deceived Yoochun before, when they were together. Yoochun decided that it would most likely be the first option.

“APPA!!” Yoochun almost bit his own tongue when he saw the little ballerina exiting the car again and dashing towards the man he just met earlier, the man called Changmin. ‘Junsu’ also exited the car to greet the man affectionately, their hands were intertwined, and the man’s hands was holding onto his Junsu’s waist possessively.

The scene before him killed his mood instantaneously, and Yoochun found himself gritting and grinding his teeth in anger and disbelief.

Slamming the table angrily, the tall man dashed out of the small guard-house while kicking and punching the air violently, spouting profanities loudly before stopping and squatting down low. The man pulled his hands through his hand roughly as he tried to calm his rough breathing.

“This is SO wrong…” muttering under his breath, Yoochun tried to sort out the complicated thoughts that were streaming through his mind. As much as he is happy that his Junsu has reappeared, he is just as apprehensive. It dawned on him that the man, the Junsu he met is most likely attached, and the worst part is, he is does not seem to want to acknowledge any other man besides Changmin.

“Yeoboseyo!?” The phone rang after almost an hour of Yoochun squatting by the lift lobby. The caller was asking for the man to giveaway his whereabouts, but he is too affected to cooperate.

“TSK! Stop irritating me! You handle the rest of the cases for me. I am not feeling well! Don’t call me again until I call you back.” With that, the man got up and limped over his car weakly. Slumping onto his seat, the man took a long look at his mobile wallpaper before making a swift decision to confront the couple, subtly. He wants to know the truth, or rather, if it is the truth.

Trying to cook up a plan in his head, Yoochun sat in silence til the loud sounds of car braking alerted him, causing him to snap out of the dazed state. Fiddling with his car keys, the man finally kicked start the engine and headed home.

A plan was formulated. Yoochun will need to get more acquainted to the Shim family to find out more, and he knows just when and how he can do that.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Three days later…

“Welcome!! Welcome!! Thank you for coming to my party!!” A tall eloquently dressed lady exited the main door to greet her guest, followed by her husband.

At the door, a shorter lady and her son stood, smiling cheerfully. Or at least the woman is.

“Should I congratulate you for living pass the 60th year mark?” The shorter lady said with a wink, earning hearty laughter from the people surrounding them. “No worries though. I will be joining you soon.” The shorter lady continued. The crowd then dispersed and the two women broke off and wondered around to do their own little ‘show and tell’.

“This is my son. Yoochun. This is Mrs Shim.” The shorter woman, Yoochun’s mother, introduced them while Mrs Shim looked at the young man approvingly.

“A pity. My son and his family aren’t here yet. How about we get a drink first?” Mrs Shim replied when Mrs Park asked about Changmin.

“Mrs Shim. Umma. You two go ahead… nature calls.” Yoochun lied to rid himself of the two older chatterboxes.

In truth, the anticipation and fear is killing him. He thought he would see definitely Junsu the moment he steps into the house, so he even prepared the appropriate things to say, but Junsu hasn’t arrived yet.

Now, all he needs is a nice cold drink to calm himself down and gear up to go with the flow later.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Yoochun’s POV

I need to know if Junsu is really Junsu… but I think I already know the answer! I have always known that Junsu is still alive!! I am just not sure of it before… but I am almost a hundred percent sure!

First, I need to see the tattoo. Then I also need to see how that ‘Junsu’ will react to seeing me up close… after knowing that I AM Park Yoochun. He probably didn’t recognise me back then… so I purposely wore the suit that he selected for me… for my class presentation back when we were still schooling.

I went back 8 years and dolled myself up to look like how he would remember me. There are no reasons for him to deny my presence when we meet later.

I need to see that little girl again too. I have a strong feeling that we are related. She looks so much like me… I think people will notice when we stand together. I have the upper hand for this one. Junsu can’t run away again. He might have met someone new, but I will always be around.

He is mine. I have searched, waited and hoped for eight goddamn years, just to see him again! He needs to know my point of view! He left without leaving me any parting message! I will not rest til I get him back!!

End of POV

~End of chapter 7~