Chapter 11

Iniquitous love

Hi! ^^

I haven't updated in a while... sorry about that!!

Here is a chapter and I will update as soon as I am done with the next one.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

“Changmin sshi! Over here!” Yoochun waved to Changmin while the other man looked around for him.

“Good evening. I was surprised when you asked me out for a drink.”

“Yes. Good evening to you too. I didn’t think you did agree.” Yoochun faked a smile.

“I just wanted to apologise for leaving so prematurely the other day. You probably spent a lot of time planning the dinner reception right?”

“It’s fine. I greeted them on your behalf.”

“Ah. Yes… thank you.”

“Shall we?” Yoochun directed Changmin into the high-end pub where he had made prior booking. Removing his coat and putting it beside him, the man settled down on the cushioned seat and asked for a waiter.

Yoochun had asked for Changmin to meet up with him for a drink. The man wasn’t exactly keen on going out for drinking dates since he never did go on any, even before he was married, but he still turned up for the sake of expressing his gratitude. Yoochun knows that and is playing that advantage. Yoochun wants to create the feeling within Changmin that he is indebted to him. Through this, Yoochun hopes to find out more about Junsu.

Sitting opposite to one another, Yoochun employed the use of his friendly charms and managed to ease the awkward tension between them. Soon, Changmin is talking more comfortably and even became more trusting towards the other man.

“… You are not attached?” Changmin asked with a raised eyebrow. He can feel himself getting tipsier as he downs more and more shots of his cocktail, but he couldn’t stop himself either. He hadn’t been drinking for a long time since he got married, and the alcohol tasted really good, somehow.

“Even I am surprised with myself sometimes… I used to be a player you know.” Yoochun smiled weakly and bite onto the snacks in the glass bowl. He would munch every now and then to cut down on his drinking. Also, he is satisfied that his drinking partner is deprived of alcohol and over drinking, much to his surprise.

Changmin laughed at Yoochun’s answer and gulped down another glass of clear liquid before listening to Yoochun speak again. “I used to have a lover… but he left me with so much regret that I couldn’t put him behind me…” Yoochun said quietly.

“I can understand you. When you love someone deeply… it’s impossible to breathe without his presence. I have to be around my wife every evening to stay sane… if you get what I mean.” Changmin laughed again, ranting in his drunken stupor.

“… …” “Excuse me. I need the toilet.” Yoochun whispered and got up, rushing off to the toilet as fast as he could. He wanted very badly to twist and snap Changmin’s head off his neck, so he had to retreat to the toilet to cool down.

“You are drunk… let’s get you home.” Yoochun said to Changmin after returning to their seat. The tall man is dead drunk and slumped onto the counter top. Yoochun smirked and got two waiters to help him carry the heavy set man into the taxi he called for them.

“From where we left off just now… I can tell you are very attached to your wife… How did you two meet?” Yoochun started his ‘interview’ inside the cab. Changmin stirred at the mention of Junsu and smiled stupidly.

“He was 18. How long ago was that right?! Time flies!” Changmin said and laughed cheerily.

“You two met in school?”

“Nah… I am a good four years older than him. He is still an adorable little minor when we met!!”

“18? That’s young … he told you?” Yoochun chose his words carefully.

Changmin, drunk and not thinking straight, answered. “… He couldn’t remember. I saw his identification card… That’s how I know his name too… He was so… Let’s not talk about this!” Changmin turned the conversation away. Even though he is drunk, his mouth is pretty tightly sealed, and that annoyed Yoochun a lot.

Yoochun wanted to pounce on Changmin and beat him to pulp at the very moment, but he controlled his rage well. The thought of Changmin deliberately hiding Junsu’s identity from everyone pissed him off. He assumes that Junsu was not even given a chance to recall who he was, and that made him even angrier. The hatred he had for Changmin increased immensely.

“My lover was 18 too… but he lost his memory… He can’t seem to remember me now.” Yoochun said bitterly, clenching his fist tightly.

“… I’m sorry.” Changmin offered his condolence, far from linking the other man’s lover to his own wife. Yoochun had to look out of the window and bite onto his inner cheek to stop himself from cursing and swearing.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Half an hour later, at Changmin’s home…

“Are you Junsu sshi?” Yoochun spoke into the speaker when he heard a soft voice of acknowledgement coming from the answering machine.

“Your husband is with me… he is drunk. Would you mind opening the door for me so I can bring him in?” Yoochun said again when silence greeted him.

Junsu, in the main house, saw Yoochun dragging his husband on his back from the small screen and quickly unlocked the main gate with a single press on the green button. Donning on Changmin’s big sweater, which is the nearest sweater he can grab from the coat stand, Junsu rushed out of the house barefooted.

Meeting Yoochun and Changmin mid-way, in the garden, Junsu hurried over and tried to share half of Changmin’s weight as the two of them carried the heavy man back into the warmth of the house.

“Thank you…” Junsu looked at Yoochun briefly and bowed his head, before sitting down beside Changmin to undress him. Taking off his husband’s shoes and sock, and then the tie and thick coat, Junsu folded them nicely and placed them onto the smaller couch next to the sleeping man.

“How much did you drink? … You silly old man.” Junsu whispered into Changmin’s ears and chuckled when he saw his husband his lips. Hurriedly wiping his husband’s face with a warm damp towel, Junsu stood up and invited Yoochun to sit while he prepared tea for his guest.

Yoochun sat and eyed the family pictures hanging proudly on the wall and narrowed his eyes. Standing up and wondering into the nearest room, Yoochun saw the pictures of the Junsu he last saw, the pictures of a smiling 18 year old framed up and arranged neatly on the desktop.

“Yoochun sshi. Here is some tea.” Junsu entered the room silently, catching Yoochun off guard as the man tapped his finger on the mahogany table in frustration.

“Yes. Thank you.” Yoochun quickly left the room and walked behind Junsu as the younger man lead him to the other side of the house. Junsu did not want to wake Changmin up, so he brought Yoochun to the smaller living area beside the kitchen.

Switching on the lights there, the beautiful man tidied up the play area that Inhwan had messed up and gently motioned for Yoochun to take a seat.

“Sorry. My son made a mess here.” Junsu smiled softly while removing the sweater that is still on him, revealing a loose pyjamas. The material is so thin that Yoochun can almost see through them with the help of the bright lights. Junsu is unaware of the inappropriateness of the fabric he had on, as he poured the tea. Yoochun could also see the younger man’s bare chest and shoulders from the angle he is seated, while Junsu stays bent over the teapot. “Here. It’s hot.”

“Yes! Thank you!”

“… Did you drink too?”

“Yes! … But not as much as your… husband.”

“… … I see.” Junsu smiled again at his benefactor and relaxed a little.

“You were waiting for your husband?” Yoochun asked while he watched Junsu twist and turn the pillow casing. Junsu is pretty shy around him, and that reminded him of the Junsu from the past. He wanted badly to hug and hold Junsu, but the big family portrait loomed above him, reminding him of his place.

“... Yes. I was. He hardly stays out late.”

“I see… he did say he is homely by nature.” Yoochun chuckled. Junsu finally relaxed a little more and laughed with him, even commenting about how Changmin is always home bound.

Yoochun does not want the conversation to be all about Changmin , so he changed the topic.

“Yoochun sshi. I can give you a ride home.” Junsu offered to drive Yoochun home when they came to a conclusion that Yoochun is ‘stuck’ in the Shim’s residence because he can’t drive after drinking, and because he didn’t have a vehicle.

“It’s alright. I can grab a cab.” As tempting as the offer might seem, Yoochun didn’t want to lose his last ounce of self control.

“It’s fine! I wanted to thank you for the other day too… … I will go get my keys.” Junsu blurted out his real intentions and shy away into the bedroom nearby.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

In the car…

Yoochun’s POV

The informant told me about what happened… and I am surprised. That bastard sure put up a good fight. He managed to block out the information from Junsu. How sweet of him. I won’t take it lying down though… not after all the trouble I have gone through to obtain the DNAs…

Today, Junsu will officially enter the game.

Anyhow, seeing him up close and spending some personal time with him only made my resolve stronger… I also realised that we have no more strings attached, besides Yoobin… as long as he is concerned. He REALLY doesn’t remember me.

He was shy at first… but when he opened up, it became a whole new story. He would laugh and talk so cutely… babbling non-stop whenever I asked him an open ended question. Just like he was 8 year ago! I feel like I have travelled back in time whenever he starts speaking.

His voice…

His expression…

His body language…

The way he would cover his mouth whenever he laughs… and how he would clap his hands when he is laughing harder. It’s exactly how I remembered him!

I enjoyed watching the dim streetlights dancing off the porcelain plain of his face and neck while we pass them… and I pleasured myself watching his full ruby lips move whenever he talked or smiled. How much I miss kissing them!! How long have I been deprived of them?

The only different thing now… is that he is driving… which is new.

We use to catch the last bus home together from the university. That is the only reminder that 8 years have passed. He looks so different when he is driving… so calm and matured. I would have never trusted him to drive 8 years back… but now…

There was once when it rained and we were stuck in the bus stop after missing the last bus back… I remember how we were complaining about how cold it is… and that we would take up driving lessons the very next day. The memories!! Sweet memories!! I said that I will not allow him to learn driving since I want to be the one ferrying him around… and he smiled so prettily at that moment. God! How can I ever forget?! Babo Yoochun!!

I WAS SUCH A SON-OF-A-!!! God!! Please give me a chance to see him smile at me so genuinely again!!

“Yoochun sshi… Do I turn left?” I was so caught up in my own little dream world to notice where we were headed… until we actually arrived.

I offered to invite him up for tea… but he declined. If only he knew that this house is his real home… Our home.

This place holds such significant meaning to us! His excited face when he first moved in from that god-forsaken mess of a hostel back then… was what made me insist on staying with him… even though umma already bought me the apartment I was initially staying in.

I really want him to step inside that house again… but he wouldn’t. He says that he needs to rush home to tidy that bastard up.

I will be damned if I don’t have him back!

How do you break up one’s marriage? Infidelity is the key.

I learnt that infidelity can destroy everything… the hard way so many years ago.

Now, I can use it against someone else. How convenient. My trump card!

Let the game begin.

End of POV

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

“Junsu sshi.”

“Yes?”

“Changmin sshi told me about the tiff you two had with your mother-in-law.”

“… Eh?”

“He was drinking because he is upset…”

“… … I see.”

“Here is the letter he left behind… can you return it to him? He says that he never wants to see this again… but I think it will be better that you return it to him.”

“… Yes. Thank you.”

“It’s about you.” “See you again soon.”

“… Eh? ...”

“Good night.” Yoochun whispered into Junsu’s ears, before stepping out of the car with a satisfied grin.

Yoochun knows that his first plan didn’t work, since Mrs Shim never revealed the secret to Junsu, so he had prepared another copy of the DNA report, just for the younger man. Changmin can hide the information from Junsu, but Yoochun will make sure it comes to light. He even missed out the private and confidential seal on purpose.

“Changmin… It’s time for you to know I am back. May the best man win…” Yoochun whispered to himself.

~End of chapter~