Chapter 13

Iniquitous love

Hi! ^^

I hope this following chapter wouldn't be too confusing or fragmented for everyone!

Thank you for the comments and also to the subscribers, thank you!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Seated in line, at the end of a long queue, is a nervous young man. Dressed in his favourite white collared top with a slick well fitted long business pants, the person clutched onto his portfolio tightly. Hugging the stack of papers and folders as he watches the line of people shyly, he rarely makes eye contact with anyone.

“Hi. I’m Junghwa.” “Nice to meet you! Your name is?” The man behind the young man tapped him on the shoulder abruptly and immediately started an overly friendly conversation, making the younger man even more nervous.

“K-Kim Junsu.” The younger one smiled slowly, gingerly reaching out to shake the outstretched hand.

“What brings you here?” The person continued chattering, unaware of Junsu’s discomfort. It’s been some time since Junsu stepped into any company building other than Changmin’s and he is unsettled around this crowd of unfamiliar faces.

“Uhh… I have two kids to feed and I am a broke single parent.” Junsu lied.

The only thing he hadn’t lied about is that he indeed has two kids waiting to be fed at home since the waiting time for the interview is somehow held up way beyond his estimation.

 Sneaking out to apply for this new post immediately after Changmin left for work in the morning Junsu is dying to return home soon, since his spouse is also well known for dropping by at ‘lunch’ every now and then.

Thinking about how he is akin to a cargo weighing Changmin down since he is always idle at home these days, Junsu wanted to redeem himself in whatever possible ways. Changmin is clearly rich and affluent and he always felt that he doesn’t belong beside such a remarkable person. In his own opinion, he does not stand anywhere close.

Most importantly, just to make himself feel better, he wishes to start working as soon as possible so his in-laws will not despise him any further. All hell might really break lose if his mother-in-law finds out about him quitting his job after all.

“Kim Junsu.” Leaping up to his feet before the mostly one-sided conversation can continue, Junsu bowed a little to the chatterbox and pushed his way through the heavy teak door, entering the vast room with a seated panel of ‘judges’.

“Good Mor- Afternoon.” Correcting himself immediately, Junsu inches forward to face a row of four people, namely the CEO, COO, human resources and some unnamed personnel which he does not bother himself to find out. With his head lowered as he struggles to open his other folder, a female secretary takes over his resume from him and distributes the few copies to the four.

Not noticing of a familiar face, with a striking pair of eyes with eagle-like keenness, watching him, Junsu pulled out his stash and smiled radiantly, finally looking up and displaying his beautiful face.

“How long were you working before you resigned?” The CEO got the ball rolling.

“I worked for roughly three years sir.” Looking at the person rather confidently now that he’s adapted, Junsu sat on the single chair as directed and looked the man in the eyes.

“Why did you quit back then?” “Your boss was pretty satisfied with your work.” Flipping through his testimonials as she raises an eyebrow, the COO, a lady asked fiercely though she does not really have a bone to pick.

“I had family commitments…” Junsu swayed a little but answered nonetheless. The lady nodded with a frown.

“You use to be the team leader… so why apply for this lower position?” The COO asked again but before Junsu could answer, a clearing of throat stopped everyone’s questionings, even before the real bombarding starts.

“Redundant questions.” A deep voice boomed and the presumably insignificant figure seated at the farthest right finally caught Junsu’s attention. Widening his eyes as he gawks dumbly at the man, Junsu found his nervous-ness level shooting up dangerously in an instant.

“Junsu sshi.” “Tell us more about yourself.” The man started by waving the younger man’s resume like a flag, almost digressing a little. The COO nodded before standing up, taking note that the VIP has finally spoken up.

“I forgot to introduce us earlier.” “This man here is the new head of our company’s board.” The lady even took the pains to give Junsu a show and tell. “This esteemed man just bought over a major portion of our company’s shares and we are currently in the process of revamping and expanding, hence the need to hire new talents.” Junsu did not even nod.

Then, giving the young man the face and mouthing for him to speak up, the lady managed to pull Junsu back from his trance. “Junsu sshi. Would you mind telling us more about yourself and why you think your entrance will be a contribution to this company?” The lady modified the highly regarded man’s question, assuming that is what he meant.

“Ah. I. I am currently unemployed and I need a job.” Junsu stuttered cutely. He can also feel his face burning up as all four eyes are currently fixated on his beautifully flushed pinkish cheeks, waiting for him to continue his life story.

“I reigned due to… I wasn’t adapting… erm… I was ill.” Trying to cook up a believable story since he is not keen on everyone finding out about his child bearing defect, Junsu lied poorly. Everyone could tell and the COO is already giving the human resource the ‘reject him’ look.

“I can. I am healthy again and I promise I will work hard!” Junsu saw the end is near and tried to make up for whatever. Feeling the stress build up as the panel starts to discuss amidst his aimless babbling, the man on the right however, remained silent, and is definitely not helping with his unreadable expression. Junsu finally in a deep breath and stood up.

“Excuse me. Thank you for your time!” Knowing his chance of getting the position he applied for is low, Junsu decided not to play the clown any further. Humiliated since his qualification and previous experience could well get him into a higher post than he is asking for, Junsu felt that he had to keep a little of what’s left of his pride.

Convincing Changmin to allow him to participate in the paper chase wasn’t easy and the only thing that kept him sane was the certificates and achievements, the only things that gave him the feeling of self-worth at all. Having a blank history constantly pained Junsu and he had always wanted badly to par up with Changmin, be worthy of him.

Be it because of his in-laws, or the constant look of disdain from the relatives from his husband’s side, Junsu had suffered a fair bit due to the inability to meet up with the expectations for a higher birth status. Being a competent and independent bread winner before was his only source of comfort and he is feeling the need even more now.

Biting his lips to prevent the tears of disappointment from falling, Junsu hurriedly gathered his documents and made a break for the lift. Forcing his mind to wander back to forever hungry Yoobin and koala-like Inhwan, who are probably getting restless by now, Junsu is in a hurry to get home.

Unable to flag down a single cab as they whisk pass him like he’s the hollow man, Junsu finally got one to slow down and head towards him. His delight is short lived as a single sports car pulls up into the intended spot for alighting, subsequently deterring the cab driver from stopping.

“My cab!!” Sulking loudly and not bothering to check out the inconsiderate driver, Junsu quickly raised his hand again. Running towards the empty spot behind the sports car as and hoping to get the attention of another oncoming cab, Junsu forgives the horrid driver for this once.

However, reversing in a flash, the stalker sports car continued to irritate Junsu immensely. Raising his dainty feet to kick the wheels after he ended up losing the second taxi, the young man is tempted to cause some real damage but never did.

“Rushing back? For your kids?” The tainted window finally lowers itself and a dashing face emerges. “Hop on.”

Backing away in shock, Junsu felt a big palm wrap around his thin wrist and he is shoved into the only passenger seat in the incredibly small car. Jerking backwards as the car speeds off with him inside, the young man had to hold onto the seat belt for dear life.

“Yoochun sshi… Aren’t you supposed to be conducting the interviews for the rest of the applicants?” Finally recovering from the scary sensation where white lights were flashing pass the windows terribly quickly, Junsu turned to face the driver.

“I won’t need any additional interviews since I have already found my marketing manager.” The darkly handsome man smirked.

“That’s fast.” Junsu smiled softly, looking out of the window this time. “My husband is always telling me that you are the only one close to beating him in everything.” Junsu added awkwardly, dragging Changmin into their conversation again. Yoochun gives him the chills and he does not like it, though he does not necessarily hate it.

With a gaze intense enough to bore holes through Junsu’s perfect side profile, Yoochun watched the younger one instead of concentrating on the roads. Junsu sudden appearance surprised him at first, but being a bright person, no such perfect opportunities will slip pass him.

“So. How are you planning to cope with your kids if you get the job?” Yoochun inquired. Junsu remained silent. He hadn’t given that much thought or discussed with Changmin, totally disregarding the older man and regretting it. He knows he is being selfish and he hates doing things behind his spouse’s back.

“Will your in-laws take care of them for you?” Yoochun probed and Junsu sighed softly, shaking his head adorably.

“What about your parents?” “Why don’t you get them to take care of the kids?” Yoochun quickly decided to confirm the extents of Changmin’s lies. Curious to know who the older man replaced Junsu’s real parents with.

“I am an orphan.” Junsu said, sounding fully convinced. That was what Changmin told him and he had somehow bought it wholesale.

“Oh… I’m sorry.” The older man apologised and narrowed his eyes, looking away from Junsu.

“Just curious… since when did you know that you have no parents? At what age?” Yoochun asked steadily and Junsu frowned, raising the tiniest bit of doubt for the first time. Knowing he had hit the jackpot with that reaction, the older man decided to push Junsu on further. “Have you ever thought about finding them?” Silence ensued.

“Ahahaha. Don’t mind me.” Clearing up the tensed atmosphere, Yoochun is almost basking in victory. “By the way… have you passed the letter to Changmin sshi?” “It looked to be an important document…” Junsu’s face is immediately drained of its glow upon the reminder. With this, Yoochun knew. A weak nod is Junsu’s only reaction.

“Great.” “We are here!”

“Oh! Just so you know.” “You are hired.” “You will be my personal marketing team.” Unbuckling the seatbelt for the ‘lady’ like a gentleman, Yoochun smiled widely. “You can start work anytime you are ready.” “Would you like me to tell your husband for you?”

Shaking his head vigorously after a long pause, Junsu’s dumbfounded but touched face and watery eyes caused Yoochun’s heart to surge and he ended up half chasing the younger one out.

“Great… So I will see you soon?” Yoochun managed as casually as he can. Junsu’s head bobbled vigorously.

“You can bring your kids to work if there isn’t someone to take care of them at home.”

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Yoochun’s POV

This is a surprising turn of events. A little different from my prediction… but it’s the best thing fate has ever done for me. Besides letting me be born a rich bastard that is.

He definitely saw the content of the letter! I know he did! It was meant to be anyway. I just can’t fathom why he did react this way though. I thought that he did blow it with that bastard but all he did was this… how baffling… but I like him better like that.

Though my Junsu looked so lost and despondent that I felt a little sorry, that’s an inevitable process. Once he remembers me, it will all be good again.

To think that taking over this company actually did me this much of a favour! Now, not only will I have him around me, I can actually rekindle the lost feelings! I have to make sure this thing falls through. I will even babysit the kids if needed.

That guy might try to ruin this again for me but I will make sure he fails.

How dare he keep my Junsu by his side with all those lies! Orphan?! Pffft! Junsu is far from orphaned and only I know that. I can use that to my advantage too… except not so fast.

My luck is unbelievably good and I think lady luck is favouring me at last. I lost him, and then I finally found him. I will not let him disappear again! He is mine! His daughter is mine! His heart belonged to me once and I will have it back!

I can heal his hurt, but I can’t prevent him from getting hurt in this process! There is no way I will allow us to drift apart further! He needs to remember! And FAST!

He has to return to my side one day! I’ve waited too damn long for this and I have become the devil for this very reason! There is no turning back now! I won’t back down!

End of POV

~End of chapter~