05

Once upon a time... in Neverland

 

The real deal? What did he meant by that? Am I in some sort of contract?

I watched them back and forth in confusion. AJ looked back at me and flashed his smile to calm me. Same goes to Dongho, he said, ‘Don’t worry.’ Without letting out any sound. I only read his lips movement.

The king began. “You must have heard about the dragons. Aren’t you?”

I nodded.

“Good then.” King Seongjun sat straight in his throne and placed his arms on the arm-rest. “We need your help, to stop the dragons from coming.”

“My help?” I pointed my finger to myself. “Stop the dragons?”

“Yes.” Soohyun answered. “AJ over here,” he patted AJ’s shoulder. “Had predicted that you will come to Neverland and bring this dragons problem to an end.”

I snorted. “This must be some sort of stupid jokes. I can’t even step on a cockroach and now you want me to-”

The king frowned. “No one refused my order.” His voice vibrated through the grand room.

I gulped. “Alright, alright.”

 “Good then.” King Seongjun showed his smile again. “Now go and get some rest, the dragons are coming soon.”

This King’s mood is very unpredictable. I whispered to myself.

Dongho dragged me out from the room when he noticed that I was going to opened my mouth.

“See you again Naeun-ah.” Hoon gave a tiny waves.

They brought me back into the room I was when I woke up. Kevin, AJ, Dongho and Yumo gathered inside the room.

“It doesn’t seems to make any sense. Why am I the one that have to deal with the dragons?” I said once all of them were in the room. None of them aswered my questions.

First I got fired, then my payment was not even full, not to left out that I came to this place that they called Neverland, which I don’t even know where and now I have to kill a dragon? What have I done wrong to deserved all this complicatedness in life. What if I die? I’m not yet ready for that. I almost teared up. “Why me?”

“I bet you’re very confused right now.” AJ spoke up.

Hell yes!

I sighed. “What should I do now?”

“Hey don’t worry.” Kevin wrapped his arm around my shoulder. “Eli will help you.”

“Eli?” I raised my brows. “The new soldier that’s in training?”

“Oh you’ve met him.” Kevin clapped excitedly.

“Dongho, can you get me the spell books at my room?” AJ instructed the boy. He puffed his cheeks and walked out from the room with Yumo.

“Can you tell me how can I go home?” I asked AJ.

 “I’m sorry but I don’t know.” He blurted out. “How exactly did you come here?”

“I’m not sure.” I replied. “I was falling and then I found a door and the next thing I know, I found Yumo.”

This is just perfect. I am in the middle of somewhere I don’t know and even the wizard didn’t know how to get me home. Does that mean I have to live here from now on? I’m trapped in a world where they didn’t even have cell phone and internet. Oh my goodness, what is life? What am I kidding, I never had a life even when I was back from where I belong.

Dongho entered the room and gave the wizard a huge brown book. It’s locked with key. AJ placed it on the table and a loud thump was heard. He put two fingers on the centre of the book and closed his eyes. AJ mumbled something and the book began to wobbled. A second after that, it stopped and the book turned its pages by itself. “Aaa… Here it is.” He slipped his finger at one of the pages to prevent the book from turning the pages more.

“This is the spell to increase your endurance.” He pushed the book to show me the page. I understand nothing that was written. “It can help you feel less pain if you get hurt.”

The wizard lugged a chair to me. “Sit. I’m going to cast the spell on you.” He shifted to my back and held my shoulder. “Empty your head.”

I attempted to clear my mind. I breathe in and out several times. What if something else happen to me when he read the spell? “And, why should I trust you?” I grimaced.

“I told you to empty your mind didn’t I?” AJ ignored my doubt and startled me with his question instead.

Mianhae…” I flashed half of my smile. “I'll try again.” This time I closed my eyes and think of nothing. All black and empty.

AJ widen his hand. His mouth moved and recited the sentences.

“Strength of the day,

Strength of the night,

Throw her pain away,

Give her what’s right.”

I sensed one harsh wind me and then it was complete silence. Is it done?

“You can open your eyes now.” Dongho said.

“That’s it?” I felt nothing different to my body at all. Was he really casted a spell on me or did he pulled a prank?

AJ moved his head up and down. “However, it last only for two weeks, just for the whole practice period.”

“Two weeks.” Okay, got it. Two weeks, for the whole practice period. Wait, practice only two weeks? “Does that mean the dragons are coming any time in these two weeks?”

“You’re clever,” AJ smirked. “I like you.”

“Why are you making the spell last only for that long and why not until the dragons come? Or forever?”

“I can’t.” He blurted. “I will break the rules then.”

“Rules? What rules?”

“Nature rules.”

Nature rules? What on earth is that? I didn’t even bother to asked him about the rules. This was no time to joke around. The dragons were coming and I knew nothing about it. I can’t believe I actually have to encounter with things I never imagined in my 19 years of life. Or am I in a dream right now? I slapped my face and I felt nothing. No pain. So this must be a dream then. How to wake up? Step out of it Naeun!

Dongho grabbed my hand. “What are you doing?”

“I want to wake up from this dream.”

“This is not a dream.” The button-mushroom haired boy let go of my hand. “You seriously need a rest.”

“But I feel no pain.”

AJ laughed and tapped on my shoulder. “I casted a spell on you remember?”

“I'll show you where your room is.” Kevin carried Yumo in his hand and left AJ and Dongho in the room.

The room was at the same level with his. When he opened the door, smells of lavender got into my smell sensory. The room was quite big. A queen sized bed covered with pale pink lace bed sheet was placed near the windows and a round carved wooden table with a scented lamp on top of it, was right next to the bed. A wardrobe was at one corner of the room.

“You can wear any clothes inside here.” He gapped the wardrobe door. Old fashioned gowns were hanged neatly inside it. I’m not really that excited when I saw the dresses. It didn’t suit me at all. The colors already faded and the size was quite big for me.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” Kevin said. “Make sure you get good sleep. You’ll need lots of energy for practice.” He gave me his charming smile once more and closed the room door, leaving me alone in the room.

Kind to think of it, I do felt tired. I need to rest. The sling bag that I’ve been carried the whole day, I put it under the bed. I lay myself down. The bed was just like the one in Kevin’s room. It’s really cosy. I may possibly get a sweet dream tonight. 

 


 

Hi readers... ^^ you must be wondering where Kiseop is? haha don't worry. He'll appeare in the next chapter. I've been writing this story all this while and decide to update it only when it's finish because I don't want the status to be hiatus. hehehe so wait for it. I'll definitely will update. Thank you for subscribing and the comment :D