Rose garden?

Once upon a time... in Neverland

 

I wondered around the lake near the castle alone. I was surrounded by thick forest but it didn’t stop me from being here. I just need some time for myself to clear out my mind. What Soohyun had said earlier made me felt unease. Not in a bad way, it’s just that my heart wouldn’t stop beating faster than usual. I clutched my jacket on top of my chest. I felt my heart, hitting hardly against my chest.

I heaved the late night warm air inside my lungs. I repeated the steps again and again. My heart gradually relaxed its pumping. Plus, the peaceful state of the lake made it easier for a restlessness heart to calm itself.

The view at night can never bored me. It’s beautiful. The snow kept on falling from the sky – garnishing the castle that stood still on top of the Neverland hill.

I squatted close to the lake and picked up small pebbles near it. I tossed it one by one, causing the lake to formed tiny ripples to arise.

“Good pastime, this stones throwing?” A voice said from behind.

I stood up and turned around. “Hoon?” I pat my hands that filled with dust. “What are you doing here?”

He giggled and answered. “I’m always here, every night. And why are you here?”

“To get some fresh air.” I smiled.

“You know,” He ambled closer to me. “This is the first time I am with you without the others.”

He didn’t have to mention that. The atmosphere just now was already awkward enough and he made it worst. I bit my lips and hugged my arms.

“Follow me,” Hoon pulled me into the forest. “I want to show you something.”

I supposed, I should be freaking out right now because a guy just dragged me into a forest. He can do anything to me but somehow I believed him. I knew Hoon wouldn’t do any harm to me.

“Where are we going?” I questioned him but there’s no answer.

We moved through the thick forest. I see nothing but tall trees trunks under the dim light of the moon, flower bushes and a small trail that was leading our way. Not long after that, the trail ended. Hoon pushed large leaves that were blocking our ways.

It was the place where I first arrived at Neverland. The rose garden I assumed. It’s where I saw those beautiful roses but this time the roses light up, seemed like the flower were flashing its own light like a lamp. Blue, red, yellow, and orange. It’s really amazing. And the stone fountain in the middle of the garden splashing its water made the view more astonishing.

“I’ve been here before!” I exclaimed out of the blue.

“You do?” Hoon sounds disappointed. “I thought of giving you some surprised. Looks like I’ve failed.”       

“No you didn’t fail. I’ve never been here at night though.” I grinned and hugged him from the front. “This is wonderful, thank you.”

Hoon was surprised with my reaction he stopped breathing until I pulled away. My face turned red. Why on earth did I do that?

“I... I’m... I’m sorry.” I stuttered. It’s really embarrassing. I’ve never hugged someone like that.

He his hair to the back and blushed himself. “It’s... fine.”

I take a stroll around the garden and touched one of the roses. It’s real and the smell is really good. Hoon told me the name of other flowers that were there, such as daisies, poppy, daffodil and bleeding heart. The bleeding heart flower caught my attention. The shape was really interesting. Just like its name, a heart that was bleeding and it’s pink in colour. What a unique flower.

Hoon plucked a daisy and stuck it behind my ears. “Beautiful.” He beamed. “Just like you.”

I caressed the flower behind my ear. “Thank you.” Quickly, I changed my eyes direction. I can’t bear any heart racing for today. It might explode.

After spending a little bit more time sitting at the bench that was made out of grey stone, placed near the fountain, Hoon said that it’s better for us to head back to the castle. Besides, tomorrow, he and Kiseop will go for archery training early in the morning. I assented and he escorted me out from the forest until we reached the castle. 

“I had good times today, thank you.” I said, once we arrived at the front of my room.

“No problem.” He grinned.

I pushed my room door open but then I recall something. I’ve been intend to asked them. “Wait, I have something I want to ask.”

“What is it?”

“Your attires. I mean all of you. Sometimes you’re wearing old fashion clothes but sometimes you’re putting on a really fashionable one like earlier today, when we went to the beach.”

He laughed and responded, “There’re still lots more about us that you don’t know.”

“Can you tell me?”

“Well, we’re wearing those old fashion clothes because of the surrounding. You see... we live in a place where dragons, wizards, and castles exist. So the attires are more to suit with the environmental condition. It’s kind of weird to wear the one like we wear to the beach earlier.”

“Oh... I see. I think.” I mumbled.

He giggled and continued his explanation, “Here, clothing is also used to differentiate our status. Just imagine everyone in the castle is moving around in that new fashion clothes. Then, there’ll be no different between maids, soldier and royalties. Exceptional for Kiseop, Dongho, AJ and Kevin though. They’re like our siblings.”

“Weird...” I narrowed my eyes. I never thought clothes can be used for that purpose. “But, isn’t it bad to separate people using standard?”

“The world is getting more modern every day. One day, King will have no purpose besides becoming the ruler of a country. If we didn’t do that, no one will look up to the King’s family anymore.”

“I guess you’re right.” What he said did make sense. During his long explanation, one thing caught my attention, his expression. He looks different. More like a prince. Before this, he kept acting like a normal citizen. But when he stood up for his family, he’s not the same person. I can’t pull myself away from his focused and deep thought eyes.

Hoon is so attractive tonight.

“You must be very tired. Go to sleep.” He patted my arm. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

I blinked and coughed a little. “Sorry to bother you.” I said and stepped into the room right away.

Hoon waited for me until I closed the door shut. I leaned my ear on the door to hear if he’s already walked away but then I heard a note of surprised in his tone.

“AJ hyung. Just right when I want to see you.”

“Is there anything you need from me?” AJ questioned him.

“Kiseop hyung and I are going to practice archery tomorrow. Can you make your special japchae for our lunch? Please...” I can hear his voice pleaded.

AJ giggled to his plead. He tapped on his shoulder and said, “Sure, why not. I can’t say no to you, your highness.” The voice of them laughing vibrated in the hallway.

AJ’s cooking? It sounds fun. Maybe I can lend him a hand. Before, when I was back at where I came from, I usually made my own meal. This is so exciting! But what if, AJ doesn’t want my help. It’s okay. I could just watch. That’s fascinating enough. How exactly a wizard will cook?

 

 


 

 

 

Hi! Omg! how long has it been since my last update. If this website a real thing, spider webs might already fills my profile already. I am very sorry for the long hiatus. Please subscribe and leave a comment. at least a comment. Pleaseee *puppy eyes*. Thank you!