faith, love and hope. trust too?

Again, Today, I Love You

 

Leeteuk’s Apartment

“kim t… taeyeon.”

His lips had turned into its palest hue, leaving him motionless and awkward at the same time.

He can’t believe it.

He had knocked… thrice? Leeteuk had spent five minutes standing by the bathroom door, unnerved and unmoving, hoping that his temporary roommate, university owner’s daughter, kim taeyeon would somehow make the bathroom space available for him in a matter of minutes.  And there he was, trying on to his best effort of putting up a positive attitude amidst of the sound of the ticking clock, reminding him of the remaining hour left which would leave him a small amount of time to check on his stuff and to eat before he gets out. Leeteuk couldn’t blame anyone but himself for staying up late. He had been putting too much effort in his studies that he didn’t notice that it was already two in the morning before deciding that it was time to sleep. He also knew that taeyeon must have snooze off his loud alarm clock that he was unable to get up that easily.

And now it was already past six in the morning, approximately one hour before classes start. Leeteuk’s habit didn’t involve going to school late. He was always at least thirty minutes early, opting to walk around the school for minute check ups in the facilities, checking also students in their proper uniforms. Someone like him was already accustomed to such leadership that he didn’t know if he could get it out his system.

Usually if he wakes up late, adjusting isn’t a hard thing to do since he had practically been at ease of living alone. Just some quick shower, eating a piece of toast while putting on trousers he previously ironed had become a consequence. but it was different this time, now that he was temporarily sharing a space with someone he barely knew, as if the small space in the apartment would suffice enough to both of their needs. Leeteuk had a back ache for sleeping on a thin mattress last night for giving the owner’s daughter his bed for sleeping. But it doesn’t matter now, he had agreed with the school owner that he will look after taeyeon. Leeteuk ran a hand on his hair. if only  Mr. Kim hadn’t been so nice, he would be backing off for such agreement.

 

Leeteuk sighed. Taeyeon had been in the bathroom for almost thirty minutes now.

“taeyeon.” Leeteuk said again, this time completely ignoring honorifics. He was older than her anyways, authority is something to be in consideration. “I will be late, I have a class at exactly eight. I need to use the bathroom.”

He stood, still awkwardly, waiting for a response.

“ten more minutes.” He heard taeyeon speak.

“ what? No.”

“just wait.” Taeyeon said again. “I’m almost finished. You were sleeping like a baby,  I didn’t wake you up.”

I need to pee, leeteuk thought badly. “make it two minutes.” He said, trying to concentrate. His bladder could be exploding right now, but he was glad that he instilled on himself an image of a dry dessert to stop the stimulus of his ongoing need.

“my hair wouldn’t be finished by that time!”

“argh, can’t you just make it quick?” leeteuk bit his lip. He was already crouching, looking for any possible place in his household to do his business. he was so embarrassed at the thought that he could be suing taeyeon for making him wait.

“share with me, if you can’t take it. the door is not locked anyways.”

Leeteuk could feel his cheeks flushed at taeyeon’s statement. “hey, hey, can’t you be more proper? “ He said, trying not to sound too harassed. He tried erasing more thoughts upon hearing the shower, hearing taeyeon giggling too which made it more embarrassing.

It was too much. The girl doesn’t even mind him.

“i’ll be finished, I’m just washing off.”

Leeteuk sighed. “fine, nothing for today.” He mumbled, briskly heading towards the closet room. no one would know anyways.



 

Taeyeon’s classroom, Communication Arts Building

 

“someone is in good mood today.”

Taeyeon smiled even more, the corner of her lips appearing like it would have touched the end of her ears.

She had a blast… definitely. It wasn’t the best moment to be exact, but it could be one of the most memorable. Spending time with no other than leeteuk was definitely worth every. Even if he kept himself at distance with her, considering his phobia, taeyeon still could still feel that he was keeping his responsibility of watching her ever since her father went overseas. She couldn’t deny that she hated it every time he would always check her assignments but she also knew that her father must have tasked him to do it. it was a burden to be exact for him but taeyeon benefitted every single from it.

Jessica, who was seated just a few inches away from taeyeon started sniffing the air, her nostrils flaring from the sudden different smell.

“you!” she gasped pointing at the school owner’s daughter who turned to smell the ends of her hair too.“male shampoo!”

“I forgot to bring one.” Taeyeon shrugged. “so I just used his--“

She immediately placed a finger to her lips, indicating that she should shut up. But she couldn’t stop giggling. The thought alone of sharing and using the leeteuk’s shampoo was too good to be true.

“you are harassing him!” jessica slapped her thigh. “aish, good thing the president can tolerate you. I’m your friend but I can’t even stand you at times. ”

“so what did you do last night?” yoona squeezed herself to taeyeon, her large eyes goggling.

Taeyeon bit her lip, afraid of missing every detail.  But she remembered too that leeteuk does not want her talking about her temporarily staying at his apartment. “well, I shouldn’t be talking here right? He wouldn’t want me talking about it anyways. ”

“I want to know!” yoona pouted. “please, unni…”

aigoo.” Taeyeon looked around. when she noticed that no one was paying attention, which was slightly weird because she was used to people looking back at her, she started composing herself. “hmm.. where do I start..”

“did you sleep on the same bed?”

“heck, no.” taeyeon laughed. “I was planning to ask him that but he slept late! And he wouldn’t want that anyways. So I slept on his bed, he went for some thin mattress. It was just like that, very civil.”

She was waiting for leeteuk to finish studying last night, but she got so exhausted doing her homework that she departed first, slumping face first on leeteuk’s white bed. She could remember him eagerly reading a book, his lips slightly parted as his eyes go up and down, reading on a page. He was really handsome and angelic; a feature taeyeon regretted that she didn’t notice years before. If leeteuk had been visible years ago, or if he had been active in areas such as sports and music, she would have noticed him quickly. She was so used to describing the student council as a batch of obsessive compulsive people that she was late to realize that they have the most important task at hand, especially leeteuk who handles all the student activities of the school.

“wow, you finished your homework?” Jessica noticed when taeyeon began flipping notes. The latter smiled, indicating a nod.

“the president does not want his girlfriend to be tardy on her assignments anyways.” Yoona teased.

Taeyeon made a slight flinch at the world “girlfriend”. Even Jessica, her friend and husband of leeteuk’s bestfriend kim heechul, doesn’t know about the real score. It was part of her and leeteuk’s agreement not to tell anyone outside the field, but she also knew that leeteuk’s sister and close friends, particulary heechul and kyuhyun already knew about it and were just keeping mum about the plan.

“new student new student!”

Taeyeon, Jessica, and yoona all turned towards a female tall figure entering the room.

She looked really different, in a beautiful sort of way. Her roots could have indicated that she was foreign, but hearing her talking a fluent Korean language just made her identity difficult. She had donned herself in long curls, accentuating her facial features and waist. Her eyes reminded everyone of a famous doe eyed female superstar and she wore the communication arts uniform in such a good poise that other girls could have stared at her in envy.

Even taeyeon appeared speechless, but decided not to act too much about it since she knew she would be easily spotted by gossips.

“she looks like a goddess.” She heard yoona talk. Taeyeon looked back at her friend disapprovingly and she hesitated, bowing her head in response. The university owner, who was curious enough to the new student’s identity, began kicking her classmate’s chair in front of her.

“what’s her name?” taeyeon  asked, making little kicks while pointing to new student now sitting at the back. “that tall girl?”

“park g-gyuri.” The student stammered, trying to avoid taeyeon’s stare. “she’s park gyuri unni.”

“did you say park gyuri?” Jessica asked as the new student graciously bowed at the sea of male students introducing themselves.

Taeyeon stared at her friend. “you know her?”

“sounds familiar.” Jessica said. “I don’t know if my husband had mentioned it or I was just hallucinating.”

“a slip of the mind.” Taeyeon said. she purse her lips, thinking of her popularity that could go down now, in a matter of time.



 

Gym Area, Sports Science Building

Leeteuk paced towards halfway of the gym area, focusing on the ten kilogram dumb bells lying on the floor.

“you can practice on that.” siwon said. Choi Siwon is the president of the sports science department, and at the same time, the university’s incumbent treasurer, in charge of the university’s all over student funds. He was also in charge of leeteuk’s fitness ever since he suggested him to take on some physical exercises for health and confidence.

Meanwhile, Leeteuk’s other gym buddy, the USC’s press relation officer and theater arts president, Lee Donghae goofed around the area by running around and playing with other gym equipments.

“I was planning on toning more of my arms.” Leeteuk said, not minding donghae constantly making a noise near the weights section. he flexed his arms and pointed siwon his biceps.

“they were already toned.” Siwon noticed. “but I guess we need a bit more firming. Are you still on a high protein diet?”

Leeteuk shook his head and was about to speak how he wasn’t able to obtain the diet due to financial reasons when a statement flashed on the gym monitors, making his head sway towards the direction.

“someone didn’t take a bath!”

“what the…” leeteuk bit his lip in frustration upon seeing the school monitors constantly flashing the words embellished in pink with a purple butterfly sign.

Donghae pointed at the screen too.

“what the heck is that.”

“kim taeyeon.” Leeteuk said through gritted teeth. He will be showering her with scoldings later. Something personal like that couldn’t even be published anywhere, worse pasted around the school monitors in a seemingly easy advertisement. He had never felt such embarrassment. Whenever taeyeon is around, he had always felt as if he was the laughing stock of the university.  

The girl really didn’t know good manners around people, especially the older ones.

Siwon looked at leeteuk, puzzled.

hyung.” He said. “are you mad?”

“nothing.” Leeteuk said. he cleared his throat, opting to focus on other things, they didn’t know that taeyeon  is temporarily staying at his apartment anyways. “ I was going to talk to you about the project in community building.”

“I’m already preparing the fliers for donations.” Donghae said. “hyung, can I ask, if I may. “

“what?” leeteuk tried lifting weights but the thoughts of taeyeon possibly laughing at him at the moment because of their bathroom incident surfaced on his system.

“you and kim taeyeon.” Donghae said. “how did you two got along? I mean. Your relationship was really sudden. You didn’t have a girlfriend ever since you stepped in this school.”

Siwon placed down his weights and looked at leeteuk too, the latter didn’t know what to say. Only heechul, kyuhyun and his sister seohyun knew about the real details of the relationship. Others at the school really considered they were an item.

“I asked her.” leeteuk lied. He couldn’t even afford to look back. Lying is something that he didn’t want to pursue.  “I asked her if we could try dating.”

cheongmal?” donghae said. he really looked like a kid, the way his eyes ogled at every leeteuk’s sentence.  “aigoo, I don’t know that. you used to be uncomfortable around her. there’s always something with your face every time you see her.”

Leeteuk shook his head. “I’m just containing myself.”

hyung. There are a lot of girls. Why her? she’s like every guy’s girlfriend.”

“not everyone.” Siwon said as leeteuk stared at the ceiling above, trying to find some details he can use. “she’s only dating the famous ones.”

“you didn’t date her.” leeteuk said.

“we both just don’t like each other, I don’t know.” Siwon shrugged. “she’s beautiful. Really, ever guy knows that. even her presence alone is something. Its really powerful and intimidating. But you know, I always have eyes for tiffany.”

Donghae laughed while leeteuk smiled a little.

“but really hyung.” Donghae turned his attention at leeteuk again.. “Yesung the pianist, kangin the football mvp, shim changmin who’s already a famous singer, yunho the basketball player, wooyoung the soccer player, are only some of the likes of kim taeyeon. And now Park Jungsu, the university wide president? She’s really collecting males, isn’t she?”

Leeteuk clicked his tongue. “wait, those are music and sports people.”

It was really weird for taeyeon to choose someone outside her field. even leeteuk knew that taeyeon was surprised herself. She was always emphasizing how much different he was from the other males she had eyes on.

“maybe she started realizing that the true boyfriends are the most responsible, or the most serious, like some us.” Donghae said. “girls do not always look back at the council. but you are the only exception, hyung. I mean, considering those guys, the moment you became the president the council began dominating the school poll.  It means you are something, she saw something unique about you. But be careful too, she can just easily trample you if she shifts her mind to someone else.”

“I hope.” Leeteuk mumbled when donghae and siwon both looked at him questioningly.

“I mean, I hope she doesn’t break up easily.” Leeteuk said. deep inside, he’s already imagining hitting himself at the head.  Too much lies had consumed too much of his self worth.

“maybe this is for real. I think she really likes you.” siwon said.

Leeteuk frowned, unease of his friend’s statement. Taeyeon mentioned that to him before. He would be really finding it hard to continue the deal without feeling the guilt.



 

Cafeteria, Communication Arts Building

“taeyeon, what are we doing here??”

“let’s just see what she’s doing.” Taeyeon said, eyeing the new student. she didn’t know why, but felt the sudden urge of following of her. she wasn’t used to this, she was always the one being followed by students she didn’t even know. but the presence of the new student had made an impact on her, something that she herself cannot deny.

If taeyeon was a boy she would have been eyeing her in an instant too, knowing for a fact that Park Gyuri has what it takes to be the ideal girl physically.

Then something caught taeyeon in surprise, the new student Gyuri was actually talking to one of her girl’s generation members.

No other than leeteuk’s sister, seohyun.

“are they, they know each other?” yoona began to wonder too. taeyeon cringe her brows. The way Gyuri talked to Seohyun was more different than her treatment. they were like sisters amidst of the respect and formality that seohyun showed at her. but even so, the shy seohyun suddenly became ecstatic and radiant, evident by her constantly hugging the new student.

“she must be someone important.” Jessica said. “she could be a relative or something. But it also doesn’t feel that way since they don’t look alike.”

Something caught taeyeon by surprise as the two doors of the canteen suddenly opened, revealing the university wide student council president appearing to be in search for someone.

“jungsu!” she heard gyuri scream. Taeyeon saw leeteuk looking at his left and spotted both gyuri and seohyun waving a hand. taeyeon’s mouth open partly in wonder, leeteuk was actually walking in brisk motion towards their direction. Was he actually going towards their direction? He didn’t even notice her, even if she raised her hand in a foolish sort of way, knowing that leeteuk would of course could just pretend that he didn’t notice her. what is his relation to Park Gyuri?

A long lost relative? An important person? Taeyeon didn’t know.

She was more shocked when gyuri threw herself easily around leeteuk with majority of the students starting to whisper in hush tones, some even pointing at taeyeon, realizing that she was also there.

“I thought she’s afraid of females.” Taeyeon hissed, trying to hide herself beside the tall plant that partially blocked her from leeteuk and gyuri’s view.

“what?” Jessica and yoona asked together.

Taeyeon shook her head. “nothing.” She said, aware of not divulging leeteuk’s secret. She cannot believe it, the way leeteuk is handling the situation like any normal guy appeared uncomfortable for her. Leeteuk’s attitude towards women doesn’t even resemble the way he’s treating gyuri in all aspects.

There must be something between gyuri and leeteuk. There could be a past or some sort. Taeyeon cringe and touched her heart. she didn’t felt this way until her mother left her years ago. It was beating frantically, and appearing as if the muscles of her organ were squeezing, making her hard to breathe.

“yoona.” Taeyeon said, alerting her friend who was looking back at her with concern. “this woman and her background. Search it for me.”



 

School Grounds

Seohyun’s POV

“the time is now seohyun, you must tell your brother immediately.”

Mother’s words were floating endlessly.

I talked to her about it. I talked to her about my brother leeteuk being busy with all things happening at school, not including his recent scandal with the university owner’s daughter, kim taeyeon. I wouldn’t even know what mother could do if she finds out that leeteuk is being linked to a woman, even more with someone who has a very powerful authority at the school.

My mother kept reminding me to tell leeteuk that she needed to talk to him but I had mentioned that he was too busy that he wouldn’t be affording any time, especially that leeteuk was still disappointed at her for doing something that irritated him so much he opted to live far from us. so she just sat there, silent, waiting for me to finish my explanation and the zero possibilities of contacting him.

Years ago, I had visualized my brother being gay for not having a female prospect but I guess its because of the phobia that has haunted him for years that disabled him to be in contact with women. But now the thought of it seemed to vanish little by little, because of his recent affiliation with Kim Taeyeon and their plans of continuing a false relationship that was never there at the first place. I was really surprised that he agreed with the idea, emphasizing that he needed taeyeon to secure his place in the council because of the scandal she created. I cannot hide the fact that I was really mad at her for intruding his privacy but the more that my brother explained about the advantages of their relationship, the more that I go with the flow. Politics really ran in the family.

I was glad that my long lost big sister Park Gyuri had arrived at school. we weren’t blood related, I just felt treating her like a big sister because she had always been one when she and my brother became friends the moment  they laid eyes on each other. According to heechul and kyuhyun oppa, my brother used to be easy around women during his childhood years, most of the young female children would sit with him and listen to his stories. My brother, they said beforehand was a female magnet and if he didn’t have a haunted past, he could be having many girlfriends, considering his carefree attitude. now my brother turned to be aloof around women, scared and unable to speak too much, except for explaining some things about the council and the technicalities of it. good thing he was able to maintain his relationship with our female relatives, to some of his nursing colleagues, and to Gyuri unni, who is his female best friend. They were really ecstatic seeing each other, especially gyuri unni, who literally jumped upon seeing him.

 

Distance really makes the heart grow fonder.

 

I finished drinking my favorite orange juice when I stumbled upon a short scene that reminded me of chick flicks were the females would usually hide behind bushes or trees or some heightened materials just as so they could watch over their crushes. And the main protagonist? No other than this guy who also had made an impact on me when the least I expected it.

There was Kyuhyun oppa seated at a mini park near the architecture building, a few distances away from mine,  doodling something on his notebook. the scene was just perfectly amazing. He was alone, little trees were swaying beside him , his hair was literally following the direction of the wind.

Then two girls, who were hiding from the bushes, watching him from afar suddenly went towards him. They were surrounding him, telling him words that I could even understand because I was watching at a distance too. if only I  could move closer, too much of an eavesdropper I may be, but  I cannot hide the fact that I felt a little uneasy. The way he smiled at them looked as if he was really entertained.

I approached him afterwards when he was waving at me. aigoo, he noticed that I was just nearby all the time?

“female magnet huh?” I asked, diverting the topic so he wouldn’t notice me feeling a bit uncomfortable of the situation. It was really a first, I had never felt this surge of uneasiness before. I don’t know if this is a sign of maturity or a sign of possessiveness.

 

How I wish this could end.

“saw you.” kyuhyun oppa smiled again, not looking at me but at his drawing instead. He was making a blueprint of what looked like little rows of houses or apartments, sketches were really his masterpiece. “you were looking at me the whole time.”

“I wasn’t.” I said in defense. Maybe I was a little bit or more than the little bit but I don’t want him to feel that he was that important.

“did you see gyuri?”

“yeah, we were at the same department.” I said, glad that he changed the topic. i sat next to him under the still swaying tree, eagerly looking at his drawing too.

hyung was surprised to see her, I wasn’t expecting too.” kyuhyun said. “but maybe because gyuri needs to do a little work…”

“yeah.” I nodded. Gyuri unni told us that she will temporarily portray a student. considering the age, she’s the same with my brother leeteuk. Gyuri already graduated college with a bachelors degree in criminology and she just happened to be here to undercover for a criminal case nearby the university.

Kyuhyun hummed, continuing to sketch a long road underneath the houses.

“that’s a really big project.” I told him. “building something for the people.”

“blame your brother.” Kyuhyun replied. “really idealistic, but I guess he wanted them to have their own homes.”

“he’s a long time advocate, its lucky that he got elected to continue his dreams.” I said.

“do you want a second date?”

“huh?”

I didn’t notice that he was already staring at me, his brown eyes filled certain questions.

“its not something that we should do just because you had good grades, I think I have to do something regarding with the matters of the heart.” he sat up straight and placed his sketchpad a few inches away from him. “seohyun, I think you’re already mature to handle this type of things.”

I tensed, feeling again the uneasiness I just experienced when I saw him talking to other girls earlier. It wasn’t exactly the same, but it could really make someone’s heart leap.

“what do you mean?” I asked. I already know what it meant but I wanted to hear the words exactly from him.

“seohyun, how old are you, you’re twenty three.” Kyuhyun said. “I am twenty six, and I’m not getting any younger. Do you know how much time left there is?”

“wait, are you---“

“no, I’m not dying, silly.” Kyuhyun poked me at the head gently with his fist. “lets take this matter as adults, shall we? I’m not playing games with you anymore.”

“what do you want to tell me?” I asked.

Kyuhyun but his lip, unsure of what he wanted to do. “fine, let’s take this slow.” He said, raising both of his hands, as if explaining. “just answer me yes or no, okay? Do you like me?”

“huh?” I blurted.

“do you like me?” he said again, emphasizing himself. “I knew what you were doing earlier, you cannot hide yourself from me. apparently we’ve known each other for years I already know what you feel, how you act, how you face situations. Now, I am telling you this…”

He closed his eyes for a couple of seconds and had them opened again, this time, with certainty.

“seohyun, i have always liked you.” kyuhyun said. “I don’t know when it started, maybe I was confusing myself between being a big brother to you or being someone special to you, I don’t know. I am just feeling it. i am the guy so I should be confessing first. So now its your turn.”

“how can you tell things as if they’re just so easy?” I said.

“just yes or no.”

“yes.” I said. I don’t know how he wanted me to put such words. But I want to be frank too. I want to tell him how much he has become that special to me.

“okay.” He said, looking at a distance. “okay.”

“what okay?” I asked.

“its yes for a second date.” He smiled at me.

“wait, you didn’t even ask me.”

“we both like each other, how could you say no.” he retorted. Sometimes I wished I was more cunning than this guy. His commonsense was way too much. “girls aren’t just the ones who need assurance.”

I stood up and brushed away the little grasses staining my skirt. Time flew that past.

“where are you going?”

“back to my room.” I said. “my class will start in minutes.”

“so its agreed?” he stood up too. he almost dropped the sketchpad he was holding when I caught it by my right hand where coincidentally also landed on his.

He touched my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine, looking back at me with a smile that could send a lot of electrified signals all over my body.

“did you know why we have spaces between our fingers?” he asked, acting like a little kid. “its meant to hold someone else’s hand.”



 

School Grounds

6:15 pm

 

“hey!”

“hey!” taeyeon said again, when leeteuk had resumed walking despite of her calling. It irked her a little bit that he was ignoring her this way but she didn’t know what made her constantly follow him either.

Leeteuk stopped in his tracks and turned around.

“can I help you?” he asked, in a tone that made taeyeon’s hair at her nape stood up. Leeteuk obviously had felt irritated by her presence but he tried to mask it due to constant passing by of students wanting to witness their conversation. “what is it?”

“you going home?” taeyeon asked, keeping up with his fast pacing.

“yes.”

“I’m going with you.”

Leeteuk moved his head from left to right.

“you have a driver.” He said. “besides I want to go alone, give me some space.”

Taeyeon bit her lip in frustration.

“is it because of that woman?” she said which made leeteuk stop again. brown dusts almost invaded his shoes because of his abrupt hold.

 “are you talking about my childhood friend?”

“you don’t want people seeing us together because she might see us.” taeyeon said. “that she might think that you and I have some connection and you don’t want her to see it.”

“wait… what?” leeteuk suddenly laughed. He shook his head, didn’t know how taeyeon had come up with such a ridiculous assumption. “the whole campus knows that I’m dating you. god, you made a scandal out of me.  I’m just asking for a little privacy on my part. I’ve been spending most of my days being known as the boyfriend. You’re even living at my home. Now can’t I be just leeteuk alone for this time? “

“you’re going to tell her that its fake.”

“why shouldn’t i? there’s no real relationship at the first place.” Leeteuk emphasized, starting to walk.

“no!” taeyeon took a hold of his arm in which he gently shook away. “if you do that she’ll pursue you! everyone in the school knows how she acts in front of you!”

“what are you talking about?” leeteuk said. “I’ve known that woman you’re talking about ever since you were born and she even knows all things related to me. she’s a friend, goodness.”

Taeyeon closed her eyes annoyingly then lit up, instilling in herself some idea.

“I’ll give you a deal.” She said. “just… just don’t tell her that its fake. Don’t tell her that its because of the scandal, just tell her that we made the scandal. She wouldn’t over think on that. ”

“no deal.”

“ Park jungsu!” taeyeon said. he looked at her as if she had spoken a vulgar word. How could she mention his name publicly just like that without a hint of respect?  “fine. I… I don’t want to see you with her. it irritates me. how can you blame me, I want you for myself.”

“don’t say that.” leeteuk said.

“I’m frankly telling you---“

“don’t ever say that,  okay?” leeteuk said. taeyeon shut her lips. His expression really appeared frightened. His eyes were almost the same back when she first visited him at his office, glistened and at the same time, terrified. Was she invading his space too much?

“you are scaring me.” leeteuk said. “those words. Its just. I don’t know, I’m not used to it. just don’t say that again.”

“sorry.” Taeyeon said. she cupped , aghast. Kim taeyeon saying sorry all of a sudden? She turned around, hitting her lips gently with a palm.

Even leeteuk who appeared irritated suddenly became calm and felt that the words were heartfelt. He mirrored back at the consequences, thinking of the possibilities of keeping the secret away from gyuri.

“even if i don’t tell her, she will still find out.” he finalized as she turned to face him again. “so, no, I don’t think so.”

Taeyeon heave out a breath and proceeded walking in a lame fashion.

“but if I at least make some little adjustments.” He said, thinking over. “will you lessen your possessiveness? Whatever you call it.”

“I cannot deal with that.” taeyeon said. “Its hard for me, I’m a bit aggressive.”

“you said that yourself.”

“fine, I’ll try.” Taeyeon said. she frowned in a mixture of uncertainty and amazement. leeteuk could really be a magician for persuading her so easily. She would usually just hesitate, knowing her limits. But now she’s trying, definitely doing something new.  “I was told you were in need of donations for the community building. Maybe I can reciprocate with that. you need donations, how much?”

“we’re just starting to make a letter.” Leeteuk said. “you may ask siwon if you are going to help.”

“I’ll help.” She volunteered. “its just an amount of cash, I’ll just give some check.”

Leeteuk nodded and stared at the school gate a few distances away.

 “so, can I join you home?” taeyeon followed him again.

“what’s my choice, anyways.” Leeteuk said. “I’m taking a bus.”

“I’ve taken a bus.” Taeyeon said.

Leeteuk looked at her with a mischieveous smile pasted on his face. “but you haven’t taken a bus when its full of people. You cannot handle that.”

“I can!” taeyeon said.

 “fine.” He said, cannot think of other options. “let’s go.”

“yes!”

“don’t rejoice yet, you will be doing what your father wants you to do when we reach Kangnam.” Leeteuk said, eyeing taeyeon’s bag. “that’s all your stuff?”

“yeah. Why?”

Leeteuk suddenly remembered the incident with taeyeon, the snatcher riding the motorcycle and the concussion she had received in consequence. “give it to me.”

taeyeon handed the bag at him with a smile. “you really know how to take care of females.”

“ I’m just making sure it won’t happen again.” leeteuk said, passing by students who took second glances at him carrying taeyeon’s bag. He ignored all the stares despite the embarrassment. “lets go.” 


a/n: new student park gyuri (KARA), winner from the poll i created months ago :)

faith, trust, love and hope represents taeyeon, leeteuk, seohyun and kyuhyun respectively. 

taeteuk special on next chapter. :)