Bromance and Romance

Again, Today, I Love You

Seohyun’s Room, House of Park

Seohyun woke up from the sound of raindrops falling on her window. It definitely stopped raining two hours ago but it seemed that the weather remained in its unpredictable state.

She had remembered her date with kyuhyun yesterday. The only child of the Chos had surprised her with a doll house that now resided a few feet away from her bed, next to her stand of miniature house collections. Kyuhyun made sure it was decorated in her favorite shade of pink, and it stood perfectly on its own, matching her bubbly princess-y ambiance. Ever since she and kyuhyun became a couple, the guy didn’t stop showering her with surprises, stolen kisses and hugs included.

 Seohyun got distracted by a voice passing by from outside her room and it made her body sat up in a reflex, curiosity topping at its peak.

“you are a douche, you know, you shouldn’t be existing.”

It cant be. Seohyun stretched her legs against the wooden floor and made a mad dash towards the exit of her room. it couldn’t just be anyone, the angel like voice mixed with authority was too familiar that she couldn’t be given the right to have doubts. Seohyun struggled from her sleepy state, a piece of her long nightgown, as her feet dragged her to the edge of the hall. when she reached the eighth room on the right wing, she turned the knob open and knew that the voice she just heard didn’t mislead her all along.

Leeteuk was inside his very own room, a size that doubles her own and that hadn’t been occupied for four years. and here he was now, acting as if he never left the area in the first place. the television was currently masking his phone call and seohyun was having doubts if he even was paying attention. He was pacing back and forth the carpeted area, talking and ranting to someone who seemed like an old friend. heechul oppa maybe? Heechul was the only one leeteuk loved being a bad guy, and seohyun was sure enough that his cuss words were always meant directly at him.

Leeteuk saw a pair of legs on his peripherals that he immediately turned around, his foot almost tricking him to fall.

“we’ll talk later, she  just woke up.” He closed his phone and extended his arms towards seohyun. She went straight to his arms like a little child in glee to see a loved one.

“what brings you here? I thought you wouldn’t go home!”

Her brother only smiled, and loosened his hug on her, as he turned his back on her again. the next thing seohyun knew, he was checking his room. it had been intact, nothing had been removed or replaced. It was the same old masculine room only being kept clean by the maintenance personnel. The walls were still chocolate brown, the king sized bed had been embellished in bloody red color, the floor were made of wood. Only the flat screen tv and the airconditioner were replaced, courtesy of the modern technology their family wouldn’t want to be left behind at.

“so are you going to sleep here from now on?”

“no.”

Seohyun frowned. It was a sight for leeteuk to see her sister in her night gown and frowning. It was overwhelming cuteness. “then why are you here if you aren’t home permanently?”

“I’m sorry.” Leeteuk smiled. “I came to take some stuff back to the apartment.”

seohyun noticed that her brother already had new credit cards and his old keys.

oppa!” seohyun said. he just nodded, and stuffed the cards inside his wallet. His keys remained on his hands as if he really missed holding onto them.

“you talked to appa and umma.” She continued. Leeteuk wouldn’t be at home if he didn’t fix ties with his parents. It was a difficult situation to begin with. But the sudden kiss- and- make up- deal overwhelmed her “so you agreed with their conditions?”

“just the first condition.” Leeteuk said.

 “so you still wouldn’t—“

“I’m working on it seobaby, I’m looking at the pros and cons.” He had some expression in his eyes that seohyun couldn’t decipher, as if its about his trust issues being at stake.

So the youngest Park sibling lazily nodded and moved her head unconsciously towards the clock hanging on top of leeteuk’s door.

Nine a.m.

“kyu oppa!” she squealed. Leeteuk almost dropped the clothes he had just rummaged.

“he’ll be here?”

“ah, y-yeah.” Seohyun said. “he’ll teach me some taekwondo. Said I need some self defense training.”

She was waiting for leeteuk to say something untoward but he just stared at her with a very calm yet scary expression.

“care if I join you?”


Seoul Mall

Taeyeon must have rolled her eyes repeatedly over the actions of Jessica who played a perfect part being a spoiled wife.

Missus Kim Jessica had asked for her company at the mall for an unexpected bonding time but she wasn’t anticipating that she’ll tag along her husband, the tall lanky alpha male striding the luminescent tiles of the mall like a fashion model in dire of masking his university professor image. not that taeyeon doesn’t mind a male companion, he would play a perfect role carrying large plastic shopping bags.  but heechul? Heechul had expressed his bad impression of her the moment they started to speak with each other at the school. it was very ironic, looking for a fact that heechul is leeteuk’s bestfriend and she is jessica’s bestfriend but the cat and dog tandem seemed to resurface more clearly.

Heechul was in his usual poised confident aura but remained low key in being straightforward as Jessica showed her some items she would want him to buy for her. taeyeon almost cringe at the pair of lovebirds. The way they handle shopping situations seemed like an endless honeymoon waiting to be swarmed by ants.

“taeng, what do you think?” Jessica showed taeyeon a very tight tube pink dress that would simply hug her every curve once she settles on it.

“you look like a hooker.”

“excuse me?” Jessica gasped, but heechul couldn’t help laughing at taeyeon’s statement.

Taeyeon almost winced. Was heechul really getting along with her this time?

“says the one who loved short skirts, what happened to you?” Jessica said. taeyeon rolled her eyes again and took out a cream lace dress.

“this, this should do, it matches your skin.” She said, pushing the garment on jessica’s chest. Her friend made a squeal and went straight towards the changing room.

“awkward.” taeyeon said. now she was left alone with heechul. She sat next to him on the soft cushion but maintained her distance, wouldn’t want to create a disturbing atmosphere.

Heechul cleared his throat. “you should be looking out for items you want to buy too.”

“not interested.”

“leeteuk likes kim taehee in dresses.” He said.

Taeyeon straightened up instantly. “oh?”

“yeah, he might not be saying it out loud but I think he will like it if you put on a dress. “ heechul arched his neck towards the changing room.

yeobo, please hand me the canary pants.” Jessica peered. heechul stood up and sat again once his wife had received the clothing.

“you already know?” taeyeon asked.

Heechul nodded, staring at his lap. “you were his desktop wallpaper, I doubt if he wasn’t obsessed at you from that point.”

Taeyeon didn’t know if the idea of heechul knowing the real score paved more relief or seriousness on her part. But she liked what he said about her being the model on leeteuk’s desktop wallpaper. Her boyfriend  will definitely have the praises later.

“I should be frank that its quite drastic of him to choose you as his first girlfriend.” Heechul said. “but seeing that you were selfless in bringing him out to the world, it must be time that I give you the credit.”

“you should have known earlier.” Taeyeon said. but she couldn’t stop smiling. Being acknowledged by someone in leeteuk’s circle was already a good deal.

Jessica returned to the same location she left her husband and bestfriend and carried them to a series of boutique shops until she found her perfect dress. Taeyeon did the same and in a matter of visiting two more shops, began enthusiastically shopping.

“did you tell her something? She suddenly loved the idea of looking for whites.” Jessica whispered as taeyeon went to the farther end of the clothing store, sticking items to her body as she glanced on the mirror.

“jungsu loves anything white, especially if it’s a part of a clothing..” he said.

Taeyeon walked towards heechul.

“this one?” she asked, raising a turtle neck white dress with a see through area on the upper chest.

“that’s a pretty, you should wear that on a date.” Heechul said.

“oh, wait.”

 “its just.” Taeyeon didn’t even hesitate to say it out loud. “nah, shouldn’t be thinking of a five star restaurant, his nursing fee will go to waste just because of my high maintenance lifestyle.”

She darted towards the left and returned the dress, making heechul and Jessica stare at each other with amusement on their faces.

“nursing fee?”

“I think I’m starting to like her.” heechul blurted out loud.


Gym Area, House of Park

Seohyun’s POV

Leeteuk and kyuhyun oppa were already inside the gym when I scooted over, carrying three towels with me in case the training would be very physically draining. it has really been a while seeing ourselves in a very nostalgic area, especially leeteuk oppa who had been away for four years and was scanning the whole gym as if it had been his first time to settle here. It seemed just yesterday when the three of us would play around the area with heechul oppa and gyuri unni, playing games such as hide and seek or just running along. I remembered when I usually confide with gyuri unni as my teammate while the boys keep on teasing us between games.

I was never good at it, really. But Leeteuk oppa would of course act as the mediator, because he wouldn’t want his baby sister to cry in front of his friends.

The gym area is another indoor part of our house and it was created there primarily due to father’s insistence of us to be in shape. My parents weren’t typical, they update themselves with the drastic change of technology. The walls were decorated white, the high ceiling was surrounded by long  windows encircling the top, the floor was entirely covered with a large blue mat, and gym supplies pleasantly line half the field. the other half of the field were occupied with a mini boxing area and a place for martial arts.

Which was were we were at the moment.

“who’s first?” I called out, trying to lighten the serious atmosphere even if I saw kyuhyun oppa masking his awkwardness to the towering leader at his left. Leeteuk oppa remained calm but something in his eyes hinted of a confrontation or some sort. I’ve been away with him for four years and I only get to see him sometimes at school but it seemed that I was already behind with his different expressions.

Leeteuk cleared his throat. “kyuhyun ah, let’s spar first.”

Kyuhyun flinched, but stood up, tightening the black belt on his torso.

They faced each other on top of the large blue mat, leeteuk on the left and kyuhyun on the right. I was in the middle of the line, reminding them of their boundaries. All of us were wearing taekwondo uniform, but I had mine a white belt, far away from the black belts I’m currently seeing. Leeteuk oppa started wearing his red helmet, followed by kyuhyun oppa wearing the blue one. They donned on their mouth piece and went straight towards the either edge of the line, fists raised up.

But before I could make a counting signal, leeteuk already attacked kyuhyun with a hard tackle.

oppa!” I squealed again. what’s this? leeteuk had been throwing punches one after the other at kyuhyun who tried to remain steady while his long legs encircled him. his punches were nothing but fury and disappointment.

What’s… wrong?

“you think I don’t know all along, are you calling me stupid?” leeteuk said, ultimately kicking kyuhyun on his ribs. If it weren’t for their body protection fitted snugly on their bodies, kyuhyun would be writhing in pain due to the large blows.

Kyuhyun shielded his face but leeteuk pulled him up and threw another punch, this time to his head.

I knew this would happen, I knew my brother would be furious. But I didn’t know it would be like this. Not in this kind of game where they could be hurting each other.

And kyuhyun oppa, he’s not even fighting back, its as if he was ready for this all along.

“I was planning to tell…”

“heck it took you an entire semester without telling me your plans of courting her?” leeteuk fisted on kyuhyun’s shirt. he wasn’t even shouting, but the way he said those sentences were firm and scold-like, like a parent punishing a kid. Leeteuk loosened his grip on him and pushed him eagerly on the mat. “lift your out and fight me back, go!.”

Then kyuhyun opted for a roundhouse kick that disabled leeteuk instantly. Leeteuk might be the stronger type but kyuhyun was fast. they were on top of each other, kicking each other with kyuhyun oppa not hesitating to fight back. It was also full of hurt on his part, the emotional being of him disappointed at himself for hiding a secret on his hyung. He understood what leeteuk was going through, he was just protective of his sister. Of me. Kyuhyun and leeteuk tackled each other in a ball position, making sure that one needs to quit in a breath taking move in a matter of seconds.

Leeteuk was the first to release himself. “you were already a couple for three days?”

“yes, wait, how did you know?” kyuhyun’s face was in shock.

It took leeteuk three kicks towards kyuhyun’s legs before answering. “you don’t think I cannot sense it? I’ve known you two since you crawled out of your diapers, i am twenty eight years old for crying out loud kyuhyun, don’t tell me I still don’t know! ”

“but you were busy—“

“being busy doesn’t mean I don’t get to watch my sister, I thought you’re an A-list student??” Leeteuk said. then his voice became gentle, accompanied by labored breathing. “that woman we are talking about is my only baby. If that of yours goes in the opposite direction I will make sure you don’t see or touch her again, our friendship in line included.”

I tensed. My brother’s words were full of angst when he said it,  but there’s a definitely a part of him that signaled me and kyuhyun oppa to decipher each of the sentences by heart. If he told kyuhyun oppa that their friendship in line will be sabotaged if he does something wrong…

Then does he mean….

“are you approving of our relationship?” kyuhyun answered for me.

Leeteuk oppa kicked his hip for another moment before he withdrew himself another, drawing in breaths. “I go for what makes seohyun happy. I want her to have happy memories, and if that includes my childhood friend then I have no choice but to accept the fact that you two are in love. what am I to put a boundary between you two, you seemed to really love each other.”

“not really seemed but we do” I said. I immediately went to leeteuk oppa for a hug. It didn’t matter that he’s sweating hard or he would want to shove me away for being so helpless. The way he fought for me before giving me in completely was a very emotional aspect of his life. I fought back tears but there was a single tear emanating from my ducts.

“no, seobaby, don’t cry.” Leeteuk oppa said.

“I cant thank you completely, I know it was hard for you but you allowed it.”

Leeteuk wiped the tear from my cheek as kyuhyun removed his helmet and mouth piece. “you know I’ll do everything for you, you’re my family. You hurt?”

“just a couple of bruises, I’ll be fine.” Kyuhyun said. I gasped and wanted to go to him for medical attention but when I looked back at my brother, he had bruises all over his face and arms too.

“just make sure you know your limits.” Leeteuk too, removed his helmet and mouth piece, gently throwing them to the side. “and don’t ever make a move of making her cry.”

“I will hyung.” Kyuhyun said.

Leeteuk turned to me again, kissed my forehead, and gently loosened himself from my hug.

“have a good time, I need to go back.” he said, getting a towel I just offered and stood up. But before he went further away he raised his hand as if signaling us to continue.

“I don’t know if I can teach you at this moment.” Kyuhyun said. I awwwed and approached him in an instant, taking note of his bruises needing complete attention.

It maybe physically and emotionally  draining on our parts but it was the happiest assurance ever declared of my life.


Seoul Mall

Taeyeon did manage to shop around and took some clothes and several shoes with her.

She was surprised that heechul had the same attitude as Jessica when it comes to shopping, or worse an even better shopper when it comes to good taste with clothes. Maybe they will really get along on that part if they take out the tension they are giving on each other ever since. But heechul seemed to cool down on her and was instead openly getting her opinion on jessica’s indecisiveness towards items.

 

Taeyeon might be considering heechul as a good friend now, since they are of the same goal anyway- making leeteuk happy.

 

It came to the point that they finished shopping in the evening and they resented to a good coffee break outside the mall situated next to the parking lot. Taeyeon might get a cab after an hour. That is, if she’s eager to go home. but her calves were sore for the moment that the three some atmosphere couldn’t be helped but to constantly be tolerated.

And the good break out of shopping made taeyeon’s thoughts drift towards someone and her pouting all along was a signal that she missed him.

“oh, here’s your date, taeyeon.” Heechul blocked her thoughts. taeyeon looked to her right and saw an approaching silver tinted BMW on the café. Heads turned when the driver got out, wearing baby blue long sleeves and off white pants. She tensed.

 “huh? I didn’t call him.” taeyeon said when leeteuk started to head towards their direction. “I mean, I was planning to but he  may be busy—“

“I did.” Heechul stared at taeyeon. “I knew you wanted company.”

Leeteuk raised a hand before stuffing the car keys on his pocket. when he reached the table, he playfully took heechul’s drink and went for a sip.

“hey you filthy scum—“

“don’t cuss infront of females, especially to taeyeon, she’s worse than you.” leeteuk said, making taeyeon scowl. But she couldn’t keep up her expression when he smiled showing a deep dimple. Taeyeon forgot to tell him that it was one of a failed skin formation that made him look extra appealing.

“its been a long time since I saw taehee.” Heechul said.

Leeteuk kept glancing back at the car parked on the lot. “yeah, she’s quite a beauty isn’t she?”

“where did you get such car?” taeyeon asked.

Leeteuk whispered at her. “I stole it.”

“what the heck teuk!”

“its his, don’t worry. when you have more than two cars you should give names.” Heechul said. he frowned upon seeing leeteuk’s cheek with a little piece of band aid and his arms with mild bruises.

“kyuhyun and I did taekwondo.” Leeteuk answered his thoughts.

“enough to hurt yourselves?” Jessica asked.

“I had too, she’s dating my sister.” Leeteuk said making heechul and Jessica don a gape. Taeyeon on the other hand remained poker face but couldn’t hide a little smirk.

Leeteuk eyed taeyeon. “you seem to know something about this.”

“I’m not telling you anything.”

“oh you will be telling me.” leeteuk affectionately pinched her arm. “your loyalty is on the line.”

“what is this some kind of a loyalty game?” heechul said. he cleared his throat, wanting to get attention. “yah jungsu, have you ever heard of a double movie date?”

“we just watched movie.” Leeteuk said.

“but that is not double date.” Heechul said, dismissively. “there’s a horror movie I wanted to watch. Its some sort of a family being haunted by spirits when they transferred homes”

“ugh, that’s boring.” Taeyeon said.

“boring? Its scary!” Jessica said. “yeobo cant we watch another?”

aigoo, can I not have my choice for once?” heechul said. he turned to leeteuk for help, who just smiled at him annoyingly.

“oh well, it might be entertaining.” Taeyeon thought out loud.


Receiving area, House of Park

“miss seohyun, dinner is served.”

ne, will be right down.” Seohyun said. with one eye closed, she peered on her canvas, estimating the future she would do to her expected masterpiece.

“not I am expecting you to do right now.”

“shh.” Seohyun said. kyuhyun chuckled and remained on his sitting position. He was leaning on a Victorian chair, his legs crossed because seohyun said so. He had been like this for half an hour now, and was intrigued of the painting on the canvas seohyun’s eyes were fixed at.

“you will see that I have a gift on painting.” Seohyun said.

“really?”

“yes, why are you having doubts?” she flushed. With a wave of a brush, she did . She was only using the black ink because she had trouble blending colors. Not that she wanted to mix it anyways, she was too lazy to do it. and she was so distracted of kyuhyun’s serious expression when he was in his still position, he looked like a predator carefully watching his prey.

Kyuhyun stood up and went towards seohyun’s painting.

“a circle and sticks, do I really look like a walking lollipop?” he mused.

Seohyun did a hearty laugh but remembered to hit him on his stomach. “you’re evil”

“let me draw you.” kyuhyun said. “ sit on my chair instead. And let me have another canvas.”

“okay.” Seohyun happily perched on top of the Victorian chair.

“face your right, yes, that way.” Kyuhyun directed at her. when she was on her relaxed and steady position, he started painting. First he focused on creating an oblong, and followed painting the eyes, nose and lips in order. He was glancing intently at seohyun every time his eyes would focus on her perfect sideview image.

“wow, its hard to focus with such a pretty lady.”

“so are you showing me your five minute drawing?” seohyun asked, almost impatiently.

“I’m showing you how a painter should do his masterpiece.” Kyuhyun said.

When kyuhyun was done, she showed an exact replica of seohyun in sepia, matching her facial complexity in every ways.

yeoppo” seohyun said. “really looks like me.”

“of course it’ll look like you, i already memorized your image.” Kyuhyun said.

Seohyun patted the canvas like a pet. “I’ll keep this.”

“you should.” He said “let’s wash our hands.”

Seohyun raced to the washroom, followed afterwards by kyuhyun, who rubbed an extra paint off his hands.

“you will not remove paint just like that, let me show you.” he stood just behind her back, almost leaning,  and his hands roam down on her bare arms, to her hands. Seohyun could feel kyuhyun’s warm body as he lather soap on her fingers, delicately massaging them.

“kyu oppa.”

“hmm.” Kyuhyun rested his chin on seohyun’s shoulder.

“you’re taking advantage.”

“can I not do this with my girlfriend?” he was surprised. Seohyun glanced on the mirror to their front and stuck her tongue. But they looked good with each other, her height complimented his, every curve of their bodies aligned like a perfect match.

But he only chuckled, the amused being he was. Seohyun jumped when his lips rested on her neck, trailing little kisses up to her jaw. She couldn’t help but to feel the warm electricity surging to her in the moment and she turned her head towards kyuhyun, amidst of the washing they were still doing, the water obviously running on high pressure leaving the faucet. she accepted his kiss.

“ah!” kyuhyun said upon seohyun throwing a hefty amount water on his face.

She laughed and pecked on his lips. “ready to eat!” she said.

“and I was told you were  fickle minded.” Kyuhyun said. he smiled, turned the faucet off and followed seohyun out of the washroom.


“can I have another smoke?” leeteuk’s eyes slowly scanned the room he was in. he was inside his room yet the area appeared foreign due to a number of people, possibly seven squeezed inside, six of them with shot glasses and exchanging substances of what looked like white powder. His room smelled a mix of alcohol stench, smoke and another foul smelling thing he was not used to.

He could see jiwon on the edge of the room, a few inches closer to him, looking at him with confusion in her eyes. this wasn’t jiwon the baby sitter he was so confined into. Now jiwon had been a monster, unleashed from her pale body casting him with her evil spirit lurking him down with her. jiwon can clearly see leeteuk yet looked as if she cannot do anything, that everything had already happened without her control.

Leeteuk realized the pain consuming his body now. It was electrocuting him to every single nerve, aching his every muscle as he made a slight move. But he couldn’t move even if he wanted to. His lower body ached, especially on his bottom, throbbing ceaselessly. He was faced down the floor wearing nothing but  jiwon’s jacket covering his body.

Umma, he thought. her own mother had abandoned him with jiwon and her group of friends. His mother must know that jiwon is a monster.

“let me do him one more time he smells so good--”

“no!” jiwon said, to the female friend wearing a funny bonnet, looking desperately at leeteuk as if she wanted to devour him. leeteuk closed his eyes in panic, couldn’t help to shed a tear on the pain he’s currently experiencing.

“he’s mine.” he could hear jiwon arguing with the female. But she tensed, fighting with her gut.  “we shouldn’t have done this.”

“he wouldn’t remember a thing.” Said the boy next to jiwon, the one wearing a black cap. The cap had been a nightmare of visuals to leeteuk, he was the one who drugged him. “leave him there like that, and he will be yours once we get tired of him.”

He laughed and everyone followed, raising their shot glasses and sniffing powders on their palms.

Jiwon looked at leeteuk again who suddenly bawled helplessly. “teukie don’t cry. We will play later okay?”

Leeteuk closed his eyes, no, this is a dream, this is a nightmare, this is….

 

Leeteuk opened his eyes, and the coldness suddenly swept over him fighting with his sweat. He couldn’t get the dream out of his mind, that painful moment where he was a child nearing his teens, and nothing he could do to stop the moment of the disaster.

He couldn’t control his breathing. He couldn’t breathe at all, he needed air, he needed something…

“teuk?” taeyeon asked. Leeteuk looked at the screen flashing series of ghosts roaming around people of what seemed like a family. They were inside the movie house. The horror movie already concentrated on the family moving out of the horror house, but were stopped immediately by the serial killer appearing near the boat on the river. Audiences squealed, Jessica tucked herself under heechul’s jacket with the latter laughing out loud. But when heechul took a glance on the couple at his left, he knew something was out of proportion.

Leeteuk’s head swayed, his hands forming fists, pressed on his mouth. Then at the middle of the screams of the audience, he rose up from his chair and ran towards the exit.

“teuk!” taeyeon shouted. 

Heechul stood up. “where did he go?”

Before taeyeon could point the exit, he darted out.

Heechul ran as fast as he can, ignoring the security personnel and the ticket lady, almost stopping him from going out in the middle of the movie. He retraced his steps, thinking where leeteuk would go at this point.

Heechul passed three cinema houses until he reached the edge of the hall leading to a balcony. Leeteuk was hunched at the corner on the stairs, muttering words he couldn’t understand with his eyes closed.

Heechul heave out breaths, and kneeled in front of leeteuk, his hands, enveloping his.

“jungsu…”

Leeteuk shook his head, rocking his body back and forth as if praying. This is not good, heechul thought. the last time leeteuk looked more like this was when the suspect came looking for him at Kangnam months ago. he knew he had it controlled, but something was definitely wrong. The nightmare might have been closer to real.

“I’m here. I’m here.” heechul said. “no one can hurt you.” he couldn’t stop it, his eyes stung from the hurt his bestfriend currently showed.

“I’m supposed to be okay, I’m supposed to get over right?” leeteuk seemed like he was fighting with his thoughts. Heechul soothe him with words and rubbed his back. “I’m already okay, I’m already okay..”

“you’re okay.” Heechul assured him. “its just a dream, it just came out of nowhere.”

“why do I have bruises? Why do I have bruises?” leeteuk looked at the wounds inflicted on his arms.

“you and kyuhyun did taekwondo earlier. You told me.” heechul said. “relax jungsu, you are with me, no one’s going to harm you. you know I will kill them.”

Leeteuk closed his eyes and let his friend continue comforting him, silencing him with soothing words.

yeobo!” Jessica said. she stopped when he saw her husband kneeling in front of leeteuk. “what happened to the president?”

Taeyeon’s body appeared from the door, and was also shocked upon seeing leeteuk in the verge of controlling a panic attack. She hadn’t seen that before and it scared the hell out of her, more frightening than the horror movie they didn’t even finish. Taeyeon moved forward but halted, seeing that leeteuk might be needing her lesser than anyone at this moment.

Heechul slightly turned his attention towards the girls, his eyes never leaving leeteuk. “taeyeon can you get Jessica out of here?”
“why? What happened? Not until you tell me what’s wrong!” Jessica said, but taeyeon gripped her elbow.

“let’s go outside, I’ll tell you.” taeyeon said. heechul nodded at her and watched as the two girls disappeared from his view.

“now, from the start.” Heechul said. “tell me what happened.”


Seohyun’s Room, House of Park

Seohyun was back at her bed.

More minutes and she will find herself drifting towards dreamland but she couldn’t stop giggling at kyuhyun’s recent gift. It was a pororo stufftoy that reminded her very well of his geeky appearance devoid of the glasses of course, since kyuhyun wore contact lenses instead. He stayed for an hour after dinner, sharing her his plans of touring the rest of korea with her, now they both have the blessings of her brother leeteuk.  She dismissed him with a cute frown but couldn’t help be excited of the possibilities of travelling during the semestral break. It will be a good vacation, probably something that will be memorable with the one she loved.

Leeteuk is an angel, seohyun thought. to be that protective yet generous at the same time, allowing her to love without boundaries, was the greatest blessing she received from him. she would know her limits of the relationship with kyuhyun, and she will make it sure that her brother will not be regretting that decision.

A great wind invaded her large window causing leeteuk’s picture frame at her bedside table shatter in pieces. Seohyun angrily closed the window and hopped out of the bed. She disappeared into her room and was back with a dustpan and a mini broom.

“this is not badluck is it?” she whispered, sighing at the broken glass.

It was only a matter of seconds when her phone rang.


Leeteuk’s Apartment

Taeyeon placed the medicine on the table, her eyes fixed on the paper heechul just gave her.

“tell him take another one in the morning, though I knew he’ll be taking it because I’ll be there later.” he reminded her, just before he and Jessica closed the door, leaving him alone with leeteuk. Taeyeon had told Jessica about leeteuk’s past, seeing it was an inevitable thing to do. but warned her friend not to divulge anything to anyone yet, under sensitive circumstances. Jessica understood and took the precautions by heart, and taeyeon knew that her bestfriend will never see leeteuk the same way again.

It was an atypical panic attack. Atypical in a way that it triggered leeteuk’s emotions even if he was declared completely healed by his therapist. The doctor already told them that it will pass eventually, but a visit should be done any time soon, to see if there were occurrences in leeteuk’s life that needed review. Taeyeon knew that only seohyun could fill in the gaps. She had called her immediately and seohyun insisted she will go but taeyeon said that heechul will be going back for night duty.

Taeyeon pulled a blanket up to leeteuk’s waist, then dragged a chair silently towards the other side of his bed. she remained her distance, thinking that leeteuk might be afraid of her at this moment. She couldn’t help but to feel anger towards herself, if only she knew the girl responsible for leeteuk’s abuse, she would tear her up into pieces, her gang included.

Taeyeon rubbed her temples to distract herself from thoughts until she saw leeteuk opening his eyes.

He was staring directly at her.

“hey.”

“hey.” Leeteuk said. taeyeon didn’t know what to say next. Of course he wasn’t okay. But his breathing went already back to normal, probably due to the help of the calming drug he just took. He was back at his peaceful state, almost dreamy, another effect of the drug. Heck this one can cure her insomnia.

“I’ll take a bus after, you should sleep.” Taeyeon said. she hated leaving him like that. “heechul will be here after he takes Jessica home.”

Leeteuk nodded and she opened again.

“don’t fight sleep—“

“are you scared of me?” he interrupted. It was almost very timid, yet very deep that it could shatter taeyeon’s strong walls she had covered herself.  She must be strong for him but it was hard putting on a brave mask.

“I wont be here if I’m scared right?”

“then why are you sitting there?”

“because you might freak out if I invade too much space.” Taeyeon said. she would have to admit leeteuk being freak out by a girl, worse of having a relationship but she kept herself mum at the thought. “just sleep,  I’m just here when you need anything.”

Leeteuk pat the space next to him. “come here.”

“no teuk, I’m telling you that’s not—“

“please.” He said, his eyes resembling a beg. “please.”

Taeyeon’s tongue roamed her cheek before she heave out a sigh, removed her slippers  and went under the blanket next to leeteuk. She was planning to remain her distance but he pulled her closer, until his head rested on the curve of her neck and his arm encircled her waist.

She couldn’t help but to ask. “is this a good idea?”

“very.” Leeteuk said.

“leeteuk you’re not kidding aren’t you?”

“no.” he inhaled a deep breath, and nuzzled his cheek on taeyeon’s collar bone. His breathing emanated warm tingly sensations on her body, a comfort, more than anything.

Taeyeon bit her lip as her unsure hand was almost inches away from his back.

“just rest your hand on my back, taeyeon.”

Now he’s reading her mind? Taeyeon heave out a sigh again. the next thing she knew, she was unconsciously rubbing his back, one move she remembered from her mom. It seemed that she was performing her own magic when leeteuk’s lids started to flutter. Or probably it was the effect of the drug and she was just taking all the credit.

“don’t fight your sleep teuk, you just took a sleeping pill.” Taeyeon said.

“you’re not leaving me right?”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and traced her thumb on the perfect arch of his brows. “not until  you sleep, heechul will be here in any minute now.”

She frowned in curiosity when leeteuk removed his hand from her waist and was instead reaching for his phone under the pillow.
heechul’s voice immediately filled the deafening  silence. “oy teuk, will be there in—“

“don’t come here you idiot, I’m sleeping with taeyeon.” Leeteuk snapped shut his phone and returned his hand on taeyeon’s waist.

“did you just…”

“yeah, sorry.”

“that’s rude.” Taeyeon said. but was so awed she couldn’t help but to smile.

Leeteuk fidgeted. “oh shoot, I forgot about your dad—“

“he’s out of town.” Taeyeon said. “he’ll be back in the morning.”

He relaxed. “good, let’s sleep.”

“teuk?”

“yes?”

Taeyeon didn’t want to ask but hesitated. “you should be scared of me.”

“I’m not.”

“why?”

“taeyeon, I can’t control being awake any longer—“

“just answer me.”

“because its what love does.” leeteuk said. he shifted his eyes up to meet taeyeon’s gaze and brushed her lips with his in a swift but gentle motion. “goodnight taeyeon.”

Taeyeon inhaled breaths. leeteuk can sense her drumming heart right now but he ignored it and minutes passed, he was already asleep.

“now I’m the one who’s in trouble staying awake” Taeyeon said. she kissed leeteuk’s hair and listened towards his silent breathing for next couple of hours before declaring herself asleep.