With I love You's and Super Taeyeon

Again, Today, I Love You

 

7:10 am

Cho kyuhyun never got used to dressing up consciously, adding that his mind is entirely on going a date with someone special to his heart.

 

Park Seohyun.

 

Seohyun had always been the dream girl for him—pretty, smart, kind, long legged, fair skinned. The head turner and only sibling of his best friend leeteuk undeniably posed a threat on him ever since he had witnessed her blooming throughout the years. It was a matter of confusing himself between real admiration and a brother sister love. Before, seohyun just used to be an extended member of the boys club, being like the boys, acting like the boys. If Park Gyuri didn’t come along, seohyun wouldn’t turn into her femininity, or might acknowledge it, but of least.

“wait, let me assist you.”

Kyuhyun opened the car door and waited for seohyun to get inside. The youngest Park sibling was wearing her usual attire of choice: a long semi transparent polo with a black tube inside and a pair of faded blue jeans.

annyeong oppa.” Seohyun said.

annyeong.” Kyuhyun replied too. Seohyun bowed and pulled a seatbelt to her right.

RRING RING

“oh, hand phone.” She muttered, quickly aiming for the contents inside her bag. Seohyun was in all smiles, flipping open her phone until her gesture suddenly faded, noticing a very familiar name blinking on the screen.  her mind suddenly became frozen , unsure of answering the call. “leeteuk oppa.”

Kyuhyun always knew that leeteuk frequently checks up on his sister but he didn’t know if leeteuk is a stalker enough to know that he’s with seohyun. Sometimes the leader had that vibe in him, a terrifying trait rather than a good one.

ne, oppa. Ne, ne. I’m fine. Why are you always like that?”  He heard seohyun and can see her head simultaneously making bows, a habit she always does whenever she’s talking to a senior. “uh huh… yep… what I am doing right now?”

Kyuhyun mouthed words, telling her not to divulge anything for the moment. Seohyun was asking him why, but too, followed, knowing that it will take a lot of explanation to leeteuk if he finds out that they are together.

“I’m inside my room, just surfing on the internet.” Seohyun said instead. “particularly what? Oh, just some…  news from government issues , you know I like those stuff.  Yes, I will. Okay, bye. I love you.”

“I love you too.” said kyuhyun when seohyun put off her phone.

aigoo oppa such a blabber mouth.” She blushed, hitting the dorsum of his hand. kyuhyun laughed and turned to focus on the road.

Seohyun didn’t know if she should start the talking, but felt that it was the right option to do.

“when teukie  oppa’s not busy with school activities, can we tell him what’s going on between us?” seohyun asked. “I’m not saying that we have to tell it immediately. I know its gonna take some time. I mean…”

 “that’s not your problem but mine, seohyun.” Kyuhyun cut her off, into his mind, thinking of leeteuk and his would be reaction if he tells him about his and seohyun’s real score. They weren’t an item, not yet.  But it was obviously going there. Not that he want to keep it a secret to his best friend. Kyuhyun never kept a hidden tale of himself to leeteuk and the oldest member of the group always knew every inch of his strengths and weaknesses. But can leeteuk tolerate all this? Kyuhyun going out with his sister seohyun? Leeteuk had always been protective of his sister, as seohyun is to he. Leeteuk had allowed seohyun to go out with him once too but he wasn’t so sure now if leeteuk could take another one of their dates.

Seohyun heave out a breath, thinking of her brother too.

“right, we shouldn’t be thinking of something else, were on a date, remember? No school, no family issues.” Kyuhyun said gently. “just you and me. Can we do that? Just for this moment?”

“of course oppa.” Seohyun agreed. She wouldn’t be thinking about it again, maybe not for today. Its too early for issues to be brought up. “sorry, its just I happen to think about it.”

“so where will we go?” she asked, shooing away the bad vibes. She had already envisioned some places she would like to visit, but didn’t have a clue if kyuhyun would be sensitive enough to guess. She’s not someone to tell anything anyways, a female move always hated by the boys.

“you will know.” Kyuhyun stirred the wheel to the left. “in fact I already have a place in mind.”



 

7:10 am

 

Her lips were tight, her eyes were frantically moving from left to right, her arms were crossed over her chest as if impatiently waiting for a response.

But Kim taeyeon is waiting for a response, anticipating for leeteuk to stand for what he had done earlier. And never mind that he’s doing his usual routine, a good butting in would always come in handy.

 “leeteuk!!!”

Taeyeon banged the doorknob of the bathroom door, her toes adamantly kicking the wood. If only without the newly applied nail polish, she would be harassing the door . After all, getting a reply from him about a reward is worth getting a top prize.  

“leave me alone.” Was leeteuk’s voice echoing inside the bathroom.

“can you just answer me if you’re going to give me a reward??” taeyeon asked, gluing her ear to the door. She could hear leeteuk muttering words, probably cursing to her act but she ignored all of it, getting used to all the hate she always receive ever since she regained consciousness to her environment. “please!!”

“then can you just wait for me until I finish here?”

 “but you never talked about it again during breakfast. That job of yours is getting on my way. You were so ecstatic that I didn’t even have the chance to in, argh!”

She remembered leeteuk talking about the reward few hours ago but had the idea constantly dropped when he got a call from his part time job. Taeyeon kicked the door for the last time. no benefits. If only dreams are meant to be real, to imagine leeteuk continuing the concept of rewards, she would be the happiest girl in the world. and the possibilities… are there even possibilities? Leeteuk seemed to be the opposite of the gentle and loving guy in her dream. Maybe she’ll opt to sleep again so she could reminisce the feeling. Taeyeon looked at the bed situated just a few meters away from the bathroom when she shook her head, seeing that it’s already too late to sleep again and she would prefer to stalk leeteuk to his part time work. Who knows there might be lurking female nurses at the clinic?

Taeyeon knocked on the door continuously until it opened with a peering leeteuk, appearing every inch irritated. If only his face resembled someone in a cartoon movie, it would appear like his noise will fume with smokes of wrath.

“do this again and next time you’ll see yourself on the streets looking for places to sleep, araso? Move!” He told her. he pushed the door so she stumbled backwards, almost hitting the wall if only her palm didn’t land first.

“but I just want to---“

“don’t start that topic with me again ms. kim”

“but---“

It was the exact time and location when taeyeon preferred to be just …quiet.

Its because of seeing leeteuk out in the open, wearing nothing but a black towel covering his torso. To taeyeon, seeing male species appearing the same may deem normal for her, almost like part of a girl’s usual life. but leeteuk? The blonde male resembling a greek god in his features? The council president that always makes a good stride on their campus?  It’s as if every action leeteuk makes, the more interesting it becomes.  the more physical she can see on him, the more of her heart leaping and her stomach churning. Guess she had never felt the feeling to be too much intense.

Chiseled and toned abs, very lean and muscular, perfect 10, with remnants of water sticking to every inch of his luminescent skin,  taeyeon thought she would drool over  until leeteuk noticed that she was looking at him from head to foot again. he immediately covered his chest.

“b-byuntae.” He blurted, shoving her out of the way to go to his nearest closet.

“you should be happy that someone’s noticing you!” taeyeon followed him. how come leeteuk said the word same from her dream? Taeyeon almost went inside the closet room until leeteuk slammed the door just in time that her nose was just a few centimeters from it.

“great, just great!” taeyeon said. she pouted and headed towards the other side of leeteuk’s room.



 

10: 30 am

Kyuhyun could barely see seohyun inside the movie house, even if she was just sitting next to him, and except from the occasional flashes from the screen emphasizing her skin. It was his choice to watch a movie together with her, knowing seohyun’s interest to historical movies and the like. Good thing her interests exactly match his, or owing to the fact that kyuhyun had gotten the artsy attitude from hanging out with his bestfriend leeteuk, who was much older than him in two years.

Kyuhyun dug inside the popcorn container and brought some food into his mouth, his mind floating entirely on the happenings of the movie. It had been awhile that he was able to watch a full length film, afraid to miss his focus on his school activities. Coming from an influential family really sets the deal.

 

If he had chosen a romantic movie, will seohyun even take the plunge?

 

Out of the corner of his eye, kyuhyun saw a couple to his left locking lips, and because he was too embarrassed to witness a thing, diverted his eyes towards seohyun, who’s eagerly watching. His eyes had landed to the beautiful thing under her nose. And again he diverted his gaze to something else, trying to contain himself.

“what on earth cho kyuhyun…”

“huh?” seohyun’s attention immediately went to  him, upon hearing him muttering words under his breath.

“nothing.” Kyuhyun said, afraid that he will be caught staring at her. “just watch the movie, you’re missing the best part.”

Seohyun straightened her back and went to focus to the screen again.

“I just thought that you saw something.” She said, rubbing her palms from the cold.

“saw what?”

“nothing.”

“huh?” it was kyuhyun’s turn to be confused. Had seohyun been watching him again? it may look like that she was not paying attention to him but she’s someone who knows how to steal even the fastest glance.

Seohyun smiled and jutted her chin towards the screen. “just watch, you’re missing the best part.” She imitated him. Kyuhyun scratched his head and remained silent for the rest of the movie.



 

2: 15 pm

“so when are you coming home?” taeyeon muttered, talking to her father on the phone. “can you just stay there forever?”
“are you telling me that you don’t want to see me again?”

“no, no.” taeyeon said. “or if you come home, can you just tell leeteuk to let me stay at his apartment? You can just tell him that, he doesn’t refuse every time you order him.”

Taeyeon situated the phone a few inches away from her upon hearing her father ranting about her impulsive decisions and maliciousness.

“fine, let’s talk about it when you come home.” taeyeon said, almost shouting too. she closed the phone, almost at the verge of throwing it away but felt that it wasn’t the right thing to do for the mean time and just sighed.

But she straightened up and pretended as if she had never done a phone call herself, when leeteuk entered the cubicle carrying a brown box on his bare hands.

“you’re not finished yet?” taeyeon asked.

“how can I finish early, its just two in the afternoon. “ leeteuk said. He placed the box on the nearest sink and wiped the dirt off his hands with a towel.

“oh… okay.” Taeyeon pouted and opened her game pad. She wouldn’t be there anyways if she just insisted on staying at his apartment. But she always prefers seeing leeteuk that she can’t complain otherwise.

Besides, seeing a very blonde angelic male nurse is more than a month’s worth of discount.

 

Taeyeon watched leeteuk rummaging for supplies at the corner of the cubicle when a male figure lazily  entered the room.  the male, donned in what look like one of the most expensive clothing in seoul,  appeared slightly disgusted upon seeing her.

“what are you doing here?” a gaping heechul asked.

 “what are you doing here too?” taeyeon backfired.

Heechul smirked and situated himself opposite her and crossed his legs. It was taeyeon’s first time to be near a teacher at their university, who’s striking features almost resembled a female. Had Jessica been weird to choose someone like him or is it because that knowing that the guy is also into chick stuff he was a good choice? Taeyeon started comparing heechul to leeteuk and was surprised that leeteuk’s facial features are a bit feminine too.

The Jessica syndrome?

“I’m a patient, can’t you see?” heechul said, his eyes wandering around the room. “yah, jungsu, can you check for my blood pressure? i’m surprised that your little saesang follows you again even to your job. Scandal, baby sitting, and stalking? Can those three even together?”

“I asked her to go here.” leeteuk said, shocking taeyeon. Either he doesn’t want to talk about it anymore or he’s so used to covering up for her that he started making up things. He went to heechul and put out a blood pressure monitor kept inside his white gown.

“well, we know the real score, right?” heechul said as leeteuk opened the blood pressure cuff to place around heechul’s upper arm.

Taeyeon fumed and stood up, going to the other bench. Leeteuk glanced at her before concentrating towards heechul.

“so what’s your problem this time?” he asked heechul, gazing at the monitor of the blood pressure machine.

“nothing, I guess a little dizzy.”

Leeteuk looked at the monitor and turned the machine off.

“It’s a bit low.” He said, referring to heechul’s current blood pressure. “have you been getting enough sleep lately? Stress? No vitamins? ”

“well, sica’s a light sleeper nowadays so---“ heechul covered his mouth upon noticing taeyeon looking at their direction. “I mean…”

yah, I know what’s happening between you two so you can’t keep a secret from me.” she said, as if the scene was just a cycle for her.

Heechul’s face suddenly turn into a shade of pink.

aish, why do you have this girl around again?”

“after this, you should really go to the doctor on the next cubicle so he could give you an advice on how to improve your blood pressure or to see what’s wrong with you.” leeteuk interrupted. He can’t bear it, seeing his best friend arguing with someone who sticks to him like a gum.  “you may be deficient iron or you just need enough rest so your oxygen supply will be better.”

“why can’t I just consult you instead?”

“that’s against the rule, I’m not a medical practitioner.” Leeteuk insisted. he placed the BP device near the sink and sat on the soft bench beside taeyeon. Leeteuk has always been awkward when seated next to girls, and taeyeon isn’t an exception. but surprisingly he had formed a little tolerance, his breathing still in a constant pace even if she was just a few inches away. 

“do you know that he’s almost as good as a doctor?” heechul told taeyeon.

“I can see it.” taeyeon said. she gazed at leeteuk and gave him a smile. “who would believe that there are hot nurses in here?”

Heechul almost wished he wasn’t in the scene.

“ugh, remind me not to puke.”

 “you really should see a doctor.” leeteuk told heechul, who’s horrendous thoughts about his bestfriend and taeyeon vanished into thin air. “after that you tell me his advice. I can regularly check you up or ask help from nurse cha at the university.”

“yes, I should be, I just can’t consult Sica to buy medicines. They’re not as good as shoping items.” Heechul said. “remind me to tell you, I forget things easily. Hey, has gyuri visited you? The precinct is just a few blocks from here, I told her that you’re here every weekends.”

“not yet.” Leeteuk said. “she may be busy, doing undercover let’s not take too much time.”

“is it proper to speak of a girl in front of a girlfriend?” taeyeon asked.

“you’re fake, why are you butting in.”

Taeyeon almost swore she could have stood up to hit heechul in a face if only for leeteuk looking at her that she will be in trouble if her impulsiveness predominates. She grunted and took a seat again, opting to play a game on her pad involving hitting someone in the face.

Leeteuk sighed too.

“you can go out when you’re bored.” He told taeyeon, not wanting to be a hindrance. He already limited her from going out yesterday to finish her assignments and he was so tired imposing rules that he would be relieved if she would distance herself for a while.

“I can?” taeyeon asked. She paused, thinking of ways to overcome her boredom. “oh maybe watch a movie or shopping, is there a near mall here?”

Leeteuk thought about it too.

“I’ll just stroll around and buy clothes.or maybe eat somewhere expensive. Your choice of food is too organic. ” she complained. She almost stood up when leeteuk’s hand suddenly made a slight raise.

“maybe not.” He decided gently. “just stay here.”

“but you—“

“you’re someone who always gets lost. I couldn’t take such risk.” Leeteuk explained. Heechul faked a cough, insisting that he’s still there.

“I made a promise to her dad that she will be safe, now can you just shut up?” leeteuk told his laughing bestfriend. Heechul shook his head and sighed, cannot believe of his ultimate friend already showing some signs of sincerity.



 

8:50 pm

“thank you.”

“for?”

“for everything you did for me this day.” seohyun said. it was a successful date. A morning historical movie provided a good break-the-ice feeling, a lunch at a park was very fun and romantic, and biking near the mangrove area provided a good thrill. The afternoon stroll to the arts museum was superb and seohyun couldn’t think of anything but to think of kyuhyun as a very cool companion.

“well, since I asked you for a second date, what else but to give the best.” Kyuhyun beamed. He was really glad that they have the same interests minus the computer games, or else seohyun will be insisting of going home early.  He didn’t want to be someone to spoil the fun, especially that their friendship is certainly moving to another level and he wanted to be the best that he can be for her.

Seohyun happily tiptoed on the grass as her eyes made a focus on the stars above, her hand pointing to a very familiar constellation to her right.

Kyuhyun looked up too.

“orion.” he spotted. Seohyun nodded and smiled.

“do you still remember when I broke oppa’s telescope and you bought a new one because it was his favorite? Oppa still doesn’t know up to this date that you replaced his favorite toy.” Seohyun said. Memories started to flash on her mind; she crying over a broken gadget and kyuhyun was just in time to fix her mistake. It was then that she felt very grateful towards his gesture.

“do you want me to tell him?”

“no. no.”

Kyuhyun snorted and crossed his arms to his heaving chest.

“wow, still a brother’s girl.” he said. “sometimes it makes me jealous. I don’t even know why I’m talking about it right now.  You and hyung really have a good relationship. ”

“well, he didn’t know that you’re with me now, right?” seohyun asked. Kyuhyun did a slight chuckle and moved forward, leveling his stance with hers.

“look up again.”

Kyuhyun  planted his lips to her cheek, making the latter jump.

“hey.” Seohyun said, immediately touching her touched cheek.

“that’s a thank you by the way. Don’t worry, there will still be more in the future.” Kyuhyun said. he focused his gaze on the river at their front, trying to mask his embarrassment at such candor.

“why do you always talk confidently?”

“because you will not reject me.” kyuhyun shrugged. “apparently, you also like me. so what’s the use of hiding when it’s already there. “

“so its like that?”

Seohyun made a gentle whack at his back.

“bad boy.” She complained. But she had accepted such act and immersed herself with smiles, constantly giggling over the incident.  

“I have a high respect on you seohyun, I won’t do anything reckless.” Kyuhyun assured her. he let her face him, placed both of his palms on her cheeks and sighed. “I will say this again, I don’t mind if you want me to repeat it. it wills surely make me frantic  but… I like you seohyun park.”

“I like you too mr. cho kyuhyun.” Seohyun said, afraid not to stutter. Kyuhyun nodded and sighed again, acknowledging her confession with a smile.



 

10: 55 pm

 “I want a soda.”

Taeyeon blocked leeteuk from his view and raised both of her palms in front of his eyes.

yah, yah… did you hear me?”

“completely.”

“so, can we go to somewhere we can buy?” taeyeon asked in full hope. But Leeteuk just stood there, motionless, staring into a space. Probably thinking of someone for the moment? Taeyeon didn’t know. All she wanted was a good diversion for a while. She had been immersing herself to leeteuk’s lifestyle that she forgot a little about her needs.

yah.”

“just two blocks from here, there’s a grocery store.” Leeteuk said. “you really want to go?”

“yes please.” Taeyeon said. leeteuk nodded, clutched his shoulder bag to his chest and led her the way.

Taeyeon clapped in glee when she and leeteuk entered the shop. It was so full of items , so full of junk that she was thinking of buying every item she can see on every section. There was a row full of chips, another full of beverages and alcohol drinks.

“gosh, I never thought I’d see something like this again.” taeyeon said, running towards the row full of junk food. Leeteuk followed and pulled out a snack displayed on the counter, inspecting the labels one by one.

“as if you’ve never eaten for a year, you were just at my place for three days.” He said.

Taeyeon pushed a bag of chips to his chest.

“but your choice of food. Aish. broccoli, brown rice, sometimes potato salad, vegetable galore. ” she complained. Leeteuk’s love for organic food almost had her stomach loving every restroom. “just let me have at least one. I think I’d get sick from eating healthy.”

“I’m not telling you not to eat those.”

“it doesn’t look like it, does it?”  taeyeon asked. She imitated a duck pout and pulled leeteuk’s arm to the section next to the juice station.

“hey, don’t touch me.”

“I’m just being playful, gosh, get loose sometimes darling.” Taeyeon laughed. She released leeteuk’s wrist and buried her nose to the juice samples, almost resembling a kid in search of something good to eat.

Leeteuk rubbed his wrist from taeyeon’s hard grip when his gaze suddenly landed on the biscuit section at least three columns away.

“seohyun?” he blurted, his eyes focused on a tall girl with her back turned against them, busily observing some food. taeyeon peered over the area and saw seohyun too.

Out on the night with someone?

“wait here.” leeteuk told taeyeon when she grabbed into his arm again. he quickly jerked away. “what are you doing?”

“you’ve been donning reading glasses during the night, you expect to see in this time quickly?” taeyeon asked. “can you please buy a soda for me? please? Just one, I’ll let you have my money.”

“no, that’s seohyun I’m sure.”

“if you don’t buy me one, I’ll scream.” Taeyeon said.

“gosh, why are you so…” leeteuk bit his lip. he grudgingly took taeyeon’s money and went to the farther edge of the store.

When taeyeon noticed that he’s a distant away, she instinctively strutted carefully towards the area, trying not to be obvious. Taeyeon tapped the towering figure in front of her, hating her little height for lacking such.

yah. maknae

“kim taeyeon unni?” seohyun squeaked. She had dropped the biscuit and taeyeon almost cursed for the noise, but too reminded herself to be quiet just in case leeteuk would return.

“I’m with your brother, it looks like he saw you but I told him he’s mistook you for someone else.  You’re lucky you didn’t meet at some point. ” Taeyeon whispered at her. “let me see, out a night at a store, you’re with a date I guess? There’s no other way you’d be here.”

“how… how did you know?” seohyun stammered.

Taeyeon did  a series of little tuts on her comments and smiled. “you think a girl will be out at this time? I don’t think so.” She said, playfully messing with the biscuits in order. “a bit of a girl advice, I think  you should  leave this place immediately so that you won’t get caught. Or if you want to be caught, just appear. Kyuhyun, right?”

Seohyun looked outside the store and saw kyuhyun waving at her when he stopped upon seeing taeyeon waving back too. he was immediately adamant, almost as if seeing a ghost.

“well, you really should go, I don’t think your brother likes seeing his bestfriend and his sister together.” Taeyeon insisted, going back to seohyun. “you may act as if nothing happened but I don’t think being out at eleven in the evening could justify that. I don’t know, you make the choice. Just in case. ”

Seohyun gripped a bag of biscuit to her chest.

“I think I should go to another store then.” She decided, returning the item. She looked from left to right and spotted leeteuk at the far edge, looking for something too. Seohyun bowed graciously at taeyeon, careful not to cause too much commotion. “thanks unni, I owe you.”

“definitely.” Taeyeon  said,  both her hands on her hips. “you owe me bonding time next week. And a good deal with pizza or some rice cake.”

She watched seohyun rushing outside the store meeting up with a puzzled kyuhyun. Taeyeon saw seohyun whispering something at him and he immediately nodded, took her by the hand, and made a mad dash outside her view.

“what a revelation.” Taeyeon thought, sighing.

“hey. ”
aigoo, why are you always like that.” taeyeon touched her heart. “you’re there and the next moment you’re here, are you related to a cat?”

Leeteuk waved a violet plastic bottle at her. “is this the one?”

“yes.” Taeyeon said, looking as if she doesn’t have a time for a good drink anymore. She peered over the row, looking at the exit gate. “have you been here all this time?”

“just a few seconds.” Leeteuk said. he gazed outside too, imitating her gesture. “are you looking for someone?”

“why,  are you jealous?”

“what? No.” leeteuk defended, wishing he hadn’t said it. “I just thought that you saw a friend or an acquaintance.”

“of course not.” taeyeon lied. She paced forward, heading for the counter.

yes she did. Apparently, out from a little surprise, she saw leeteuk’s sister  seohyun and his best friend kyuhyun. Now taeyeon felt weird of the situation. Of course she knew it all along, she had monitored seohyun back at the University for hanging out with kyuhyun on doubtful hours of the day and the two were always alone, mostly talking about some stuff she didn’t seem interested to. but spending more time with leeteuk makes her feel the guilt, as if she had wished she never snooped at the first place.

Taeyeon didn’t know what to do. it was definitely a first for her to be that way.

“hey leeteuk.” she called. “you know I love you right?”

“whatever.”

“whenever you feel sad or bothered, I’m always here for you.”  she said with a pure smile. taeyeon took the violet bottle  from his hand  and went to pay to the nearest cashier, making leeteuk puzzled and motionless.