who will you choose?

Again, Today, I Love You

Leeteuk’s apartment

8:15 am                                   

She removed her leg caging limply on top of his waist.

Kim taeyeon spread her lower limbs all the way on the bed, her toes almost touching the wooden board, and yawned generously. Saturdays never fail to make her happy, or weekends to emphasize where she doesn’t have to do anything but to relax and devoid herself of school work. A trip to the salon couldn’t afford harm, or maybe spend hours at the spa with its free internet access she can easily play games on her pad. There is so much to plan in two days, giving her a whack of what if’s and what not’s. Not that she’s concern about failing grades or being reprimanded by her professors. She could just easily make an excuse since she’s the most powerful student at the school. Although she might be answering half of her assignments due to the insistence of her boyfriend, it was something that keeps her grounded at least. the most powerful student at the school can also be a tad powerless, easily accepting things without arguments when leeteuk starts opening his mouth to nag on her responsibilities. The president of all student council presidents was the boss after all, a statement  that didn’t seem to bother taeyeon entirely.  All his requests were generously followed. Who wouldn’t want a striking blonde guy strutting authority anyways?

Taeyeon listened eagerly on the muffled sounds of cars passing by the road and the endless chirping of birds nestling on the tree nearby, probably having their own breakfast. Her intestines caused a slight rumble. Salad diet last week  really didn’t do her any good.

She liked it every time leeteuk would notice her. she liked it every time her boyfriend would call her or message her to ask if she was doing her homework or her essays, the bread and butter of her course in communication arts. Leeteuk always had his attention focused on her, most especially when she would go cut her classes, lazily loiter at the school area or bully a student she spots around. the CCTV man, the students would say. Leeteuk must have a lot of eyes and ears as he can easily spot when she’s doing something off.  But as what they say, taeyeon loved all the attention. Two months of continuous peaceful relationship, taeyeon still felt awed at the thought of making him hers. Leeteuk did love her, and her efforts of pursuing him really set the deal.

If leeteuk continued rejecting her, or didn’t realize his feelings for her at the right time, taeyeon might be in another relationship right now, satisfying herself of the thought of consistently maintaining herself tied just to feel secure. Being deprived of familial attention, she was.

But leeteuk is different. If taeyeon’s option before consists of changing boyfriends like changing clothes, the consideration has been dropped for the longest time, when she and leeteuk became an item. as long as she maintain being in good terms with her man, leeteuk might be the last. She couldn’t have thought of replacing him with another, the thought alone creeps her out. there is so much goodness oozing on leeteuk’s personality. It somehow caved her in, making her an exact opposite. And those attitudes somehow blended itself and mixed, making them compatible with one another.

taeyeon turned to her left, gazing at the sleeping leeteuk opposite her on the bed. When taeyeon first stayed on leeteuk’s apartment, she was prevented of getting near him during sleep by a row of pillows. Now, with only a little space of separating them, she can constantly feel the warmth radiating on his body, she can hear the little sounds he was making during sleep. She can clearly see his left dimple, burying a little hole everytime his lips would purse and the bridge of his nose, his accented cheekbones, the angle of his jaw. Leeteuk had dropped all his defenses for her and he meant it. no more guarding like what he usually does around her.

Taeyeon ran a hand on his blonde luxurious hair, glittering from the sun seeping on the blinds and he slowly opened his eyes, as if magically awakened by her touch. Taeyeon put her nose on his and inhaled his scent like smelling a baby. He couldn’t help suppressing a giggle every time she does that. it was one of the things that still surprises him, maybe for a fact that taeyeon always had different ways of being affectionate, a gesture that she seemed to show only for him. he pressed his lips on top of her forehead, a morning greeting as his warm hand slid down on the hem of her shirt, his favorite green shirt, stretching it down to cover her bare thighs. It sent electrifying signals on her nerves, enough for the goosepimples on her skin to become visible.

She playfully slapped his behind as she rose to a sitting position and he too followed immediately thereafter, imitating her gesture. Then he stood on the ground to head for the bathroom.

 

He was about to reach for his toothbrush when taeyeon shove him inside to get a space.

 

Laughing, he reached for his toothbrush again so he could continue doing his morning routine.

Leeteuk generously lathered his face with a soap and taeyeon immediately stood beside him like a spectator. It was like an intimate scene with its utmost purity and it felt so comfortable she would be willing to be like this every morning, watching leeteuk, every luck she could have sneaking out of her condo. just the thought of seeing leeteuk take care of himself gives her warmth, something like home.

“do you want me to get your clothes?” leeteuk asked. Taeyeon nodded and he came back giving her a fresh set of plaid and white turtle neck top. The clothes too, remained in his closet and it became in handy every time taeyeon would sleep in his apartment.

“wow, green, do you really have to be an environmentalist when it comes to choosing a bra?” taeyeon kidded. leeteuk bit his lip and took the brassiere embarrassingly when taeyeon stood on tiptoes and embraced her arms on his neck to give him a kiss. Her lips didn’t reach his, frustrating her a bit. “hey.”

“not even close.” He teased. But he lowered his head to give her what she wanted. He deepened his lips on her soft ones, enough for taeyeon to taste the remnants of minty toothpaste lingering on his mouth. He could feel the door on his back as taeyeon’s bare thigh caged him yet again. Steadying himself , he placed a palm on the tiled walls while the other rested on her back, still clutching the lingerie he just delivered. When he pulled back in an effort, he placed the material on her hands. “ shower or we’ll be late.”

Taeyeon watched as leeteuk distanced himself and pulled back the curtains to open the heater. His hand tested the temperature and when it was almost close to lukewarm, looked at his girlfriend questioningly. “yes?”

“let me scrub your back.”

“tempting, but no.” he smiled. “you will get me tardy and you will give me a lot of ideas to think of.”

“oh, I’m very open with ideas. ” Taeyeon said. Leeteuk opened his mouth to protest but she suddenly removed her shirt. He didn’t utter a single word, and instead pivoted, his front facing the door. “you can still change your mind.” She called, when he turned his back on her.

He didn’t face her still but smiled on his way out. taeyeon definitely had her ways of making him speechless.


University Student Council

Seohyun’s POV

“and this is the school’s main facility, which the university student council occupies.” I must have kicked a lot of dirt all the way from touring around the school, my ears almost desperately pleading to shut itself up upon hearing squeals coming from Victoria, aunt Soona’s personal assistant-turned- almost adopted daughter. Victoria was given a school tour by no other than my generous boyfriend kyuhyun oppa who cant help but smile everytime I would wince. This guy, really. He really liked irking me, if its on purpose or not.

Kyuhyun led us inside the main building towards the office of the student council. the school, due to its population, had a centralized student council composed of different council presidents from other departments. The student council room was huge. Inside were different cubicles occupied by the members of the board. There were four other rooms on the right which were the meeting room, the student council president’s office, and the other two rooms belonged to the advisers. I was looking for a sign of heechul oppa. He would usually frequent this area whenever he doesn’t have classes but surprisingly he was not around. kyuhyun was still chatting with Victoria, showing pictures of the student council members which Victoria took really interest in.

“these are the members and the other representatives, blah blah blah..” I knew Victoria wasn’t paying attention to details since she appeared gushing on each faces of the superiors smiling back at her. but her attention got caught by sungmin who came barging inside the room.

“kyu, have you seen? Oh you have company?” the adorable secretary mister sungmin hasten a bow when she saw Victoria who giddily walked upon to him to shake his hand.

“other members are here?” kyuhyun asked.

“yeah, loitering around. junsu sunbae gave us another work to do, which was basically to do a routine inspection per maintenance of departments.  Have you done yours?” sungmin didn’t look at all too eager to explain.

“I did mine yesterday.” Kyuhyun said.

“really.” Sungmin inched closer until their heads almost touched. Victoria distanced herself by admiring the pictures of the other presidents plastered on the wall. “have you heard what he did to teukie hyung? Our president was assigned to overhaul the school calendar. And you know what that means, hyung needs to have a meeting per student council president and their members together with the faculties. Starting from scratch.”

My eyes grew wide with surprise, even kyuhyun.

“he did not.”

“yes he did.” Sungmin whispered at me. “poor teukie hyung, cannot even counter the new co-adviser even if he has clinic duties. Not to mention a high maintenance girlfriend who clings like a leech. I am assuming that she was the reason why junsu sunbae likes pestering him so he wouldn’t have much time with her.”

I bit my lip. This is too personal. Of course the school knows how taeyeon and the co-adviser had some sort of history but I didn’t know that such personal matters will be brought upon in the council.

And to think my brother didn’t even mention it to me that someone was abusing him with duties again.

“I’ll see what I can do, maybe ryeowook and I can help.” Kyuhyun said. I smiled and squeezed his hand but Victoria also headed back towards us, looking at our intertwined hands. I almost slipped off but oppa held on to me.

Victoria smiled. “I’m really impressed with your school system. it was so centralized and the members are all with reputation. But I bet the work’s tiring.”

“yeah, but we have a grip of everything so its not that bad, and we work in advance.” Kyuhyun said. Victoria raised a brow, probably having thoughts of who he was mentioning but suddenly relaxed, knowing that he was talking about the student president.

Victoria glanced around to her left. “is he here? the president?”

“he has a clinic. He’s a nurse. But he’ll come by later. ” I said.

“he’s seohyun’s brother.” Sungmin said.

Victoria suddenly looked at me as if I was carrying a treasure chest. Ah, Sungmin oppa, really. “wow, handling all this by himself? I’m really impressed. Will I get to meet him?”

“I think he will be at the party later.” Kyuhyun said. Victoria squealed again and this time I covered both of my ears.

I really should be inviting taeyeon unni over.


Joo Inha’s apartment

Taeyeon smiled upon seeing boxes of newly arrived house appliances settled on the living room of Joo Inha’s house. Maybe she will contact the center and personally thank the responsible employees who delivered the appliances even if she only accessed through internet.

“just tell me if you need more.” Taeyeon said, eyeing the brand new electric kettle that settled comfortably on top of the table. “I’ll order them up for you, its really easy. When I buy you a computer, I’ll give you money so you can just buy items online.”

“I could really use this.” Inha took out the pink rice cooker from its box, reminding her instantly of her daughter’s taste for chic stuff. She immediately fill in the pot with contents and proceeded to the counter to chop fruits. Taeyeon’s attention turned towards her mother, drinking in her features that resembled her. her mother’s graying her definitely needed a make over, some clear manicure on her nails will do. and oh my goodness, taeyeon thought. she is in dire need of facial.

eomma, its been hard for you, I’m sorry.” she said.

Inha cleared , busying on detailing the pineapple slices. “nonsense. I am your mother, I should be the one checking up on you and I failed to give that.” she said. “your father raised you well to teach you good manners.”

Taeyeon raised a brow and laughed. “ah, you’re mistaken. I wasn’t like this before, maybe my boyfriend did this.”

“he taught you all that?”

“nagging on my responsibilities is his priority.” Taeyeon thought of leeteuk and how her boyfriend cutely reprimands her of what she should do. it wasn’t controlling for her, rather a form of endearment she wouldn’t want to miss.

Inha suddenly took the picture of taeyeon’s half sister. “what’s the name of your boyfriend again?”

“park jungsu.” taeyeon said.

“park jungsu.” inha repeated. “how old is he and what does he do?”

“he’s still a student majoring public health and he turned twenty eight two months ago.”

“do you know about his parents?”

Taeyeon brought the spoon to her lips, enjoying her double dutch ice cream. “he didn’t mention family matters. but that doesn’t matter now, right? I mean, nowadays its just simple meet and greet and marry, if you know what I mean. ”

“how did you two meet?”

“it was strange, eomma.” Taeyeon said. “he doesn’t like me at all first and we were under a contractual relationship until he realized he was in love with me so we kind of just went through with it and set the records straight. so school still knows we are real even if it started fake. ”

She could still remember how leeteuk would keep a distance on her whenever people will see them out. now, leeteuk wouldn’t even mind even if she would surprisingly kiss him when he’s out with the school board doing inspection, with the board members gawking at her and mister kim slapping a palm on his forehead. Leeteuk would just smile at her and would carefully tell her to go back to her class.

Inha cleared again. “contractual relationship you say?” she brushed a lint off the picture frame she was holding, thinking about her other daughter and the eery similarity of how she fell in love like taeyeon.

“yeah, we had a little scandal.” taeyeon said. “we decided to go for a public relationship to lower down matters. the guy’s a nun. I’m his first girl, I know you wouldn’t believe me.”

Inha tensed. “and why is that?”
“because a lot of people think that men are into many relationships. But jungsu only has me.” taeyeon said. “Please don’t tell this to anyone eomma but Jungsu was ually abused when he was eleven by a group of teenagers under influence of alcohol and drugs. Oh my, eomma, are you okay? Eomma?”

Inha quickly knelt down to pick up the scraps of glasses on the floor.

“s-sorry, it s-slipped.” She said, touching a glass that tore down her index finger. Taeyeon could see blood dripping on the picture of taeyeon’s half sister and Inha immediately ran to get a towel.

Taeyeon could hear Inha muttering words she couldn’t understand, as if her mother was straightly talking to her sister on the picture, reassuring her with something she didn’t even know.

eomma, what’s the problem?” taeyeon asked.

“taeyeon, I want to meet up with your boyfriend, Jungsu you said right?”

Her daughter raised a brow confusingly, but then nodded submissively. “of course… you could do that so you two can be close.”

“and taeyeon.”

“yes eomma?”

Inha placed the picture frame back on the top of the cabinet with trembling hands. “I want you to come with me and visit your sister.”


Cho residences

“wow, it’s a first you are late.”

“sorry.” Seohyun whispered, almost breathing when she set foot inside his home. the family car sped off and she hurriedly went inside with kyuhyun on tow. she could hear several people swarming on the garden at the back and she was having mixed feelings of anxiety and nervousness. She doesn’t know if kyuhyun will take this as an opportunity to introduce her to the public as his girlfriend.

“you look really good today.” Kyuhyun stared at her admiringly. She had on the same cream dress she picked up on the store with him during their free time, and it appeared compatible with the tuxedo he was wearing. He had a cream bowtie and white polo.

They really looked like a couple.

Seohyun smiled, taking an effort not to blush. they reached the garden and she gasped. The area was adorned beautifully with lights of every color. Tables and chairs are scattered all over the area draped with rich velvety red and gold. A lavish set of foreign food filled four long tables on every side. she spotted the superiors immediately near the fountain, the group of men who took a lot of attention everytime they were huddled together. Cousin Eunhyuk and his friend Donghae were noisily bragging about the drinks they just stole on the bar. Sungmin watched them amusingly while leeteuk busily texted on the corner. Siwon’s gracefulness when he stood up to get drinks caught a lot of attention from the middle aged ladies seated on the other table.

“seohyun ah, nomu yeopo!” eunhyuk bowed and kissed seohyun at the back of her hand. leeteuk immediately looked up to smile at his sister. She blew a kiss in return.

“you should give it a go in dancing later.” Seohyun said, blushing towards donghae who imitated a curtsy and kissed her hand too. “elders wouldn’t mind you dancing trot anyways.”

“ah our specialty, you should be watching later to see our new routine.”  Sungmin said.

“you want something to drink?”

“thank you, I’ll just get them myself.” seohyun said. she heard clicking heels running towards their direction and her gaze fell on to Victoria who killed the black strapless figure hugging dress like a femme fatale. Seohyun drank in her own dress, putting a positivity in its innocence.

 “this must be the superiors?” Victoria asked kyuhyun, who chuckled and nodded. she squealed and shook hands with everyone. Then took a seat next to leeteuk who fidgeted and sat up awkwardly straight when she rested her hand on his thigh.

oppa.” Seohyun jutted her chin towards leeteuk’s direction and kyuhyun muttered something in English. Victoria quickly took her hand off but remained in close proximity.

“drinks anyone?” kyuhyun asked again. but then another two striking figures emerged from the entrance to the garden.

Heechul with Park Gyuri in a silver cocktail dress.

“ah, finally, I thought seohyun’s the only one late.” heechul and gyuri hugged seohyun in greeting but the policewoman’s  attention was focused on Victoria sitting close and striking a conversation with the male next to her. the air suddenly smelled of tension.

“drinks anyone?” kyuhyun asked again.

The remaining night ahead turned into a series of talks and dancing. It was very clear that the superiors occupied most of the dancing stage, much to the delight of the audience. To match the atmosphere, they sang and danced old songs, obviously having a knack for it, especially heechul who knew most of the songs by heart. Kyuhyun would never leave the side of his girlfriend, always asking what she wanted to eat, frequenting trips to appetizer section to get sweet potatoes.

 

When seohyun finished her fifth batch of sweet potatoes, kyuhyun took her hand.

“aunt soona will be happy to meet you. can we go?”

She nodded and intertwined her hand with his. carefully avoiding other people’s eyes, seohyun whispered. “I think you should tell Victoria to distance herself a bit at teuk oppa, he looks scared.”

“she’s just friendly, seobaby.” Kyuhyun said. seohyun rolled her eyes but abrupted when aunt soona came into view.  She still have this same nostalgic scent of branded sandwalwood perfume. seohyun raised both of her arms as if gesturing an embrace. “aunt soona!”

The old woman in her late seventies, dressed in matching red blazer and pencil skirt, looked at seohyun in confusion.

 “seohyun! Remember? I used to visit you when you were here!” seohyun said. aunt soona continued raising her eyebrow.  She looked at kyuhyun and whispered again.  “she doesn’t look like she remembered me.”

“I think Victoria mentioned about Alzheimers.”

omo.” Seohyun couldn’t help but to feel pity towards the old woman.  She just bowed in a greeting to which was replied with a nod of the head.

Then aunt soona mentioned something regarding kyuhyun and his would be relationship.

“kyuhyunnie. I have arranged a lunch date with you and Victoria tomorrow, you should know each other more and I’ve already asked her relatives for some arrangement. ”

“aunt soona—“

Aunt soona dismissed him with a wave. “Victoria doesn’t know yet, but I’m sure you’ll get to see her sweet side once you get to know her. she’s a pretty little thing, also an ace in organizing events.”

Kyuhyun could see tears welling on seohyun’s eyes.

“i—I’ll just go to the restroom.” She stormed past aunt soona who continued watching out for her. the old lady looked more confused.

“aunt soona, I’m in a relationship.” Kyuhyun said.

“hush, you’re not yet married!” aunt soona said. “its just because you haven’t been in the situation you’re already backing out. you will know once you get to meet her. is that woman alright?” she referred to seohyun.

“I think I should go after her.”

Aunt soona held a firm grip at his arm. “mind to fetch me some rice wine? Been dying to drink some for a while.”


Leeteuk opened the passenger seat of his car and seohyun dived in, ignoring the tightness of her dress.

“are you okay?”

“don’t I look okay?” seohyun squeaked. “can I have your coat?”

He lifted his jacket off him without hesitation.

“why do you look hassled?”

Seohyun heave out a breath. “nothing.”

“are you really sure you don’t want kyu to take you home?”

“what? am I a burden to you too?”

“oh gosh, baby, relax.” Leeteuk chuckled and pinched seohyun’s cheek. He maneuvered the wheel and the car sped. “I almost went here without the car but I thought there will be nights like this so—“

“what?”

“I’m kidding, I’m kidding seo, are you okay?” leeteuk couldn’t help but to smile, always entertained when seohyun started behaving unlike her usual self. He held her hand, brushing his thumb on her knuckles. Then he wheeled again on the left road, focusing ahead.

Seohyun scowled but obviously comforted by his gesture. “just so you know, I’m telling taeyeon unni that Victoria likes you.”

“doesn’t she like everybody?”

“did you see the way she obviously tells you that she’s single?”

Leeteuk turned to the left.

“I see.” He said. he pulled his hand off her, took  out his phone and began typing. “probably not best to tell taeyeon, she would kill her.”

Seohyun was having fuzzy feelings lately, but the thought of taeyeon attacking Victoria due to a little matter suddenly made her laugh. Taeyeon had backed off the invitation at aunt soona’s party because she was visiting her mother. The school owner’s daughter chose her parent over a relaxing spa and salon, much to everyone’s surprise.

“have you talked to mom and dad?”

Leeteuk shook his head and pocketed his phone. “about their proposal? I just read the contract but I’m not going to sign yet. I couldn’t risk a mistake.”

“I heard junsu sunbaenim made you change the school calendar.”

It was leeteuk’s turn to scowl as cars passed by with lights but he remained focus. He honked at the passing motorcycle which cut his lane.

“I don’t like how he’s treating you, isn’t that too personal?”

“I’m hoping not and I try not to get too affected.”

Seohyun turned down the thermostat. “you should tell unni. ” she hesitated then relaxed. “I mean, at least she would talk to him or lighten things up a bit. weren’t you open to one another? You knew each other very well and matters like this should come to consideration.”

“oh no, I’m not going to argue with her over this again. it was bad at the start. ” leeteuk did a long sigh. “lock the doors when you get home. okay?”

Seohyun nodded. They reached home within thirty minutes and seohyun hopped off, knowing her brother wouldn’t be joining her to come inside. Rushing to the driver seat, she kissed leeteuk’s cheek and squinted on her peripherals when a blue Mercedes halted at the front of the gate.

Kyuhyun’s car.

“did you tell him to go here?” seohyun hissed at leeteuk. But his brother only smiled and planted a deep kiss on her forehead. Seohyun watched as leeteuk left, pondering on what to do. she just couldn’t act recklessly and rant in front of him for what just happened.

But then again, she’s young too and words coming from her beloved aunt soona’s mouth for arranging a date with kyuhyun and Victoria just broke her heart.

 

Kyuhyun waved a hand and she just nodded, signaling him to come over. He didn’t hesitate and jogged on until he was inches away from her.

“you shouldn’t have left th—“ seohyun was silenced by kyuhyun’s lips sealing her opinion. He was warm, absolutely perfect for the windy night as his arms circled and cupped on the small area on her back. The kiss was probably fast and a bit needy but she didn’t care. A whirldwind of emotions got them carried away. he s his long fingers on his delicate hair, massaging her neck, slowly relaxing her. then they kissed slow, her heartbeat pacing down to normal.

They kissed for a couple of minutes, stopping only when a car passed by.

“sorry I left, I just can’t take it..”

“sorry you felt that way too.” kyuhyun murmured. She kissed him on the cheek and they hugged for a few minutes.

When seohyun pulled away first, Kyuhyun cupped her face with his hands.

“aunt soona will understand, we’re perfect together.” He said. “and you don’t have to worry about me because you know that I will always choose you no matter what. just put your trust on to me.”

She nodded. She was important for him than anyone else and his opinion. Seohyun invited her boyfriend inside when he stopped to get a good signal on his phone.

“who are you texting?”

“teukie hyung.”

“aha so he’s the one!”

“I’m planning to follow you anyways.” He looked at her innocently. She made a face and pulled his hand towards home. 


Taeyeon’s condo

Taeyeon’s POV

The trip from my mother’s place to the condo was a bit far but I managed, mostly giving importance of how I should be connecting her with the modern technology and transportation. She was a bit off when I left her, unsure of how to give comfort of the sudden mood, which I think coincided with mentioning leeteuk. I can give credit that one of her daughters didn’t have a relationship, so maybe she was not used to me having one, but I don’t know. I was pondering on it all the way on the subway, stopped only when I saw large poster of shimmering nail polishes.

 

I was busy looking at my goddess self on the mirror, admiring the loose braid I just made when I heard a bell on the doorstep. Hastening a wink on my pretty self, I rushed over with anticipation. There I found my man leeteuk, one eyebrow raised, probably knew what I was doing earlier. I haven’t removed my make up and I still was in my outdoor wear minus the coat.

leeteuk clad himself  in a formal ensemble of black slacks and a gray longsleeved polo that was two buttons off on the top. He had this certain vibe on classic wear which i’m glad he was concerned since I wouldn’t have a problem inviting him on a family affair in the future.

Leeteuk closed the door and slipped on his foot a pair of white guest slippers. Good choices on the slacks too, which hugged his perfect behind comfortably with ease.

He noticed a Polaroid camera on the table top beside the mirror and I could see that his lips were pressed, suppressing a grin. Shoot, I must have been really obvious enough that he could memorize every part of me by heart. but then looking like he chose to go to another topic, he turned his eyes towards mine.

“I guess you’ve eaten?” he asked.

“yeah, at eomma’s. I had all the kimchi I could get.” I said, pacing towards my room situated on the left. It was the middle room next to my father. we had a total of three rooms at the place but the other room was uninhabited and became a closet for my other clothes, shoes and accessories. It has a way to the bathroom and it has been a necessity ever since.

“okay, so what’s the problem? You wouldn’t call me up to see me so sudden.” Leeteuk said, eyeing my room before taking a seat on my hot pink poster bed which was glued to the wall. It was his first time entering my room within the two months of our relationship. It was always me visiting his apartment because he solely occupies the area. his palms were pressed to one another, still admiring my surroundings.

“actually I’m having a little family problem.” I said when he took particular notice of the furry lamp light situated on my study table. “remember I told you about my half sister? I visited her this afternoon.”

Leeteuk wasn’t even surprised at all, as if he had expected my story. “and?”

“well, I couldn’t talk to her that much, she only smiles when she saw me. said I was pretty and that—“

“what’s the problem with that?”

“my sister is at the hospital, she’s having problems mentally ” I squeaked, my eyes glued on the floor. I wasn’t really that used opening up a whirlwind of emotions on leeteuk. I wasn’t like this with my friends. Leeteuk would usually point it out to me that I should be opening up with Jessica and yoona more often. But seeing that they have problems with their own, I was having a hard time.

I find myself more comfortable opening up to leeteuk, though it would probably take more time to really unleash these feelings I tried suppressing for the longest time. he was there whenever I needed him, and his silence alone would be the notion that he was deeply listening.

 “anyways, eomma wanted to see you.” I took a space next to him. “you wouldn’t fail me with that right? It looks like she really wants to talk to you.”

“I don’t mind.” Leeteuk said. his expression brought away his thoughts. He was partially surprised about my mother suddenly wanting to visit him but instead of opening about it, he clad an arm around my shoulders. He doesn’t need to talk, just one hug from him really clears away my problems.

I looked up, wanting to meet his eyes. “you never mentioned your family, will I get to see them soon?”

“in time.” he knead my shoulder. “not that I don’t want, I should be settling matters with them first before they meet you. you have a heads up on the situation. ”

I nodded, jumped out of the bed and went for the bathroom, then  came back struggling on the hem of my baby blue nightgown, feeling a little bit skimpy on the thighs. leeteuk stood up to pull down the hem, his fingers grazing warmth on my skin.  I chuckled, reversing the effect.  definitely déjà vu.“sorry, needing help.”

“seriously why bother with this dress, are you distracting me?”

“aren’t you?”

“you did this morning when you took your shirt off.” He looked at my hair, taking notice of the loose braid I just made. It was very comforting, the way he would just stare, as if it was an automatic mode to do.

“I really caught a good man.”

He grazed my cheek. “you did.” Then he sat on the edge of the bed pulling me on front of him. I stood in between his thighs, towering above him and rested my hands on either side of his shoulders. Now this could have really resembled a romantic scene and they weren’t really awkward when we do this.

“its appa’s gift in middle school so I still wear it.”

“very sentimental of you.” Leeteuk said, tugging down the hem of my night gown. I should be buying another set next time, maybe the white thing he usually likes. And maybe some white stuff like matching satin pajamas.  “I really am learning new things about you everyday, kim taeyeon.”

“it’s a plan so you wouldn’t get tired.” I kidded. instinctively, I bent down and planted a kiss near his lips.

“I don’t think I’ll get tired.”

“I don’t have plans of doing that.” I kissed him again, this time on the other side of his lips. I looked at leeteuk’s eyes, the brown eyes were filled with so much affection, it was overwhelmingly powerful. It was like gravity pulling you towards it. “if when something comes up in the future between us, will you still love me?”

“okay, sit down, I think you and I really need to talk.” Leeteuk was already gripping both my wrist but I stood firmly on my ground.

“I mean it, teuk. When a problem comes in between us, will you fight for me?”

He loosened his grip. “I will make the right decision, tae. Something that you and I will both benefit.” Leeteuk said. “happy?”

I nodded, satisfied. “I will too.”

“are you sure you don’t need to talk about it?”

“can I use my lips for something else?” I asked. Leeteuk chuckled and kissed the side of my neck. He was surprised for my sudden urge to embrace him, almost making him lose his balance when I hopped on to his lap, until he regained his composure.

“I love you, aegi.” He whispered.

I smiled, not just because of the pet name, but the sudden profession. Definitely enough to put an end to my tiring day. more than you’ll ever know, park jungsu. More than you’ll ever know.