love is sick and so am i

Again, Today, I Love You

 

 Leeteuk’s Apartment

Leeteuk closed the door leading to the garbage area and took off the pair of gloves he was previously using for segregating wastes.

It had been two weeks since Kim Taeyeon, the university owner’s daughter stepped inside his little territory to stay due to her familial situation. And what felt like eternity had pursued its course, owing to the fact of him trying to adapt to the girl’s needs—a high maintenance life that almost led him bankrupt, thanks to his sister Seohyun who would volunteer to give him a part of her allowance. His part time job would suffice if only taeyeon didn’t try involving into his buying routines. But the girl, even with his consistent perseverance to adapt, has its own limits.

Take in for example, general cleaning. Leeteuk has obsessed himself cleaning his surroundings and no dust could ever want to stay at the four corners of his place. He had urged taeyeon to do cleaning, involving her to wipe the windows but the university owner’s daughter left other areas unattended, insisting that it didn’t need any more cleaning.

That was the point that he decided never to let her involve with anything.

Leeteuk headed towards the bed area, he would gladly immerse his body there if only his general cleaning could finish but changing the bed sheet is also an important matter to attend to. And taeyeon was also at the foot of his bed, busying herself to a game of finding items.

“need to change the sheets, move.” He told taeyeon, who’s fragrance due to recent showering emanated even if he was wearing a mask. Taeyeon didn’t even bother to look up but likewise obeyed, going to the dining-turned-studying table to finish her game.

“how are you?” taeyeon asked.

“alive.”

“you still look sizzling when you clean, you know.” She blurted, her eyes glued towards her screen. “with all that sweating, and add to that when you suddenly wipe your hair sideways, the best.”

Leeteuk rolled his eyes and opted to fix his hair sideways when suddenly, upon noticing that taeyeon’s paying attention to his doings again in details, grunted and chose to focus on pulling the sheets off the bed.

“you know you’re supposed to get used to me.”

“am I not?”

“you still need some training.” Taeyeon said. “maybe if I stay a month or two, your tolerance to women would improve.”

Leeteuk answered her with a huff and dusted the bed using his bare hands.

RRING!

“I’ll get tha— hey!“ leeteuk hurriedly went towards the main door when taeyeon zoomed past him to open it instead.

“who could this one be.” Taeyeon said excitedly. With her staying at leeteuk’s apartment, it would be a first of her receiving a guest. No one knew that she was staying with leeteuk apart from their close friends.

“let me open that.”

“no me.”

“hey.”

Taeyeon butted leeteuk aside and ungraciously opened the door.

To her and leeteuk’s surprise, it was Park Gyuri, the latter’s childhood friend. Gyuri was wearing her dark blue police uniform, which symbolized her being part of the agency. Even with that, her long wavy hair still enhanced her goddess like features and her height had emphasized her long white legs, accentuated by a not so short pencil line skirt.

“park gyuri”

“gyuri.” Leeteuk said, almost synchronized with taeyeon, if only she didn’t mention her surname. Gyuri bowed and asked permission to enter, to which he replied by giving her a pair of clean slippers.

“whoa.” Gyuri scratched her head. “you two are living together?”

Taeyeon beamed. “yes.”

“no.” leeteuk said. Taeyeon looked at him, pouting and he ignored her gesture by clearing his throat. “her father’s out of the country and no one has to take care of her instead of me.”

“since when did you become a baby sitter?” gyuri laughed.

“can you just take a seat?” leeteuk said, hoping for another topic.

“yes, a must.”

Gyuri paced towards leeteuk’s apartment and took a seat next to the dining table with taeyeon opting to distance herself by sitting at the foot of leeteuk’s bed. Even with her holding a game pad, her eyes darted from leeteuk to gyuri, observing them.

“I’m here because of something, not just to pay a visit.” Gyuri took out a paper from her chest pocket and evened out the edges when leeteuk took a peek. It was a printed copy of a number of cases on every district.

“flu outbreak?” leeteuk cannot believe the contents.

“yes, considering you’re a nurse practitioner and a public health student. You must be aware of this.” Gyuri said. “the department has already reported fifteen  cases on the district and increasing due to fast transmission of the virus. The hospitals have already been alarmed of an incoming epidemic as well as other institutions, university clinics included.”

Leeteuk reread the paper again, muttering out the details. He would be posting fliers at the school in this case, or get a help from his student council members.

“when did it start?”

“since last week. it came from another country somewhere in the west.” Gyuri said. “were hoping its not another strong strain or whatever you call it. Flu usually mutates right?”

“not really a good sign.” Leeteuk agreed.

Taeyeon didn’t know what they were talking about and was not paying attention to the matters either. To her, gyuri will be a constant threat since he’s the only non related girl close to leeteuk and his family. It can be a healthy competition if only gyuri didn’t appear many inches taller.

“can I just take a shower? I need to get more information if you don’t mind.” Leeteuk said. He paced towards the closet and then hurried towards the bathroom, leaving gyuri with taeyeon.

Gyuri could hear taeyeon constantly hitting a finger on the screen of her game pad and the noise it brought, thanks to it, the awkwardness could be masked. She straightened her back, thinking of a good entrance to a proper conversation.

“since when you and leeteuk became you know…”

“why are you asking about it?”

“can I not know?” Gyuri smiled. She crossed her arms, observing taeyeon from head to foot. She was really in doubt, though she wanted to dismiss herself from doing. She knew leeteuk’s healing would take a long time, and having a girlfriend will not be a choice for him either due to his phobia with women.  But she didn’t want to ask about it for the moment, maybe a private talk to leeteuk will be a good choice.

“just this school year, in case you want to know the answer.” Taeyeon said. Gyuri replied with a nod and taeyeon didn’t want to be left behind by lacking information either. “you and him? I heard you’re the same age.”

“doesn’t look like it right? Leeteuk really masked his age with his features.”

Taeyeon shrugged, her eyes still focusing on her pad.

“are you aware of his past?” gyuri asked.

Taeyeon placed the pad on her left. “yes.” She said, paying attention to her now. “in case your doubting on our relationship. Leeteuk was abused when he was eleven, by a babysitter older to him in eight years. “

“good that you know, I wouldn’t want him being in touch with a girl not knowing his limitation.” Gyuri said. “just telling you that you should know because it’s an important detail to consider.”

“are you doubting our relationship?”

“should I tell you? Honestly I think leeteuk got into something that resulted to your relationship.” Gyuri said. Taeyeon wanted to stand right now but she restrained herself, opting to entangle her feet to the foot of the bed instead. “something that you did or he did. That scandal of leeteuk’s picture, that was taken by you and got leaked. You stood for him reclaiming your ownership as well as owning him so that the higher council wouldn’t axe him to his current position. Am I right?”

Taeyeon has sweat starting to trickle down her cheek. Gyuri knew all of this just by asking the people around her about the incident? Her friend Yoona really did tell her to be careful when being around with Park Gyuri. The police agent turned student really knew how to connect puzzle pieces.

“believe all you want. But leeteuk is my boy.”

“the moment that I find out that your relationship with him  is fake and you’re using him to your advantage, you will regret the reason why you got entangle yourself to the relationship at the first place.” Gyuri said.

Taeyeon’s hand curled into a ball, taking into consideration a good physical fight right now just to ventilate her anger out of this tricky girl. Park Gyuri? Leeteuk’s friend? She’s claiming that title? Taeyeon thought she’s worse.

When taeyeon stood up, Leeteuk emerged out of the bathroom, unmindful of the incident that will happen in a matter seconds. Only he can see was gyuri standing up too, suddenly placing her police cap back to her head.

“I’m going out.” Gyuri said. “I can directly connect you to our chief if you want to ask more about the outbreak. Your place is too congested to accommodate three people in here.”

“don’t worry, I will go out.” Taeyeon said. She picked up her bag and closed the door.

Leeteuk looked at gyuri, puzzled.

“gyuri…”

“I didn’t do anything, I’m just protecting you.” She defended herself.

----------------------

Mall, Seoul

Seohyun put down her soda and looked at the clock hanging at the brick wall of the fast food restaurant.

12:20 pm

Seohyun bit her lip, taking time to gaze at the passersby next to the glass window that separated her territory from the people strolling the mall grounds. An hour ago, she happened to get a message from no other than taeyeon, telling her that she wanted to see her immediately. Luckily she wasn’t doing anything, knowing that it might irk taeyeon if she didn’t oblige at her invitation. Seohyun is in wonder though, of taeyeon’s sudden urge to see her. Looking for some reasons? She didn’t know and she didn’t have a clue. She was the first to arrive, good thing for that, because she can pick a place to sit down and have lunch.

unni.” She stood up and made a bow when taeyeon came into view. It surprised her that taeyeon looked like she just hurriedly went out on her home and she appeared haggard, her blonde hair sticking out of place.

“do you have any ideas in mind? What to do? Do you do arcade games?” she asked, taking her seat and almost touching her bare arm. Seohyun never got used to taeyeon being just centimeters away for her but she nevertheless considered, taking into mind that taeyeon must be used with the familiarity with the females. She made a little care for her anyway when she saved her from being discovered by leeteuk during their grocery, a break in the ice could start from there.

“I don’t know unni, do you have any ideas?” seohyun tried to be more accommodating. “we can play at the arcade if you prefer it. Or not, if you’re not into those, I’m okay with anything.”

She paused, waiting for the leader to consider other options. When suddenly, taeyeon’s eyes lightened up.

“ah, i’m good at getting stuff, crane game.” Taeyeon said. “we should go there after maknae.”

“seohyun.” Seohyun said. “my name is seohyun.”

“I know that.” taeyeon said, eyeing the foot long sandwich in front of seohyun. “yours?”

ne.

Taeyeon started eating seohyun’s sandwich with the latter staring at her in awe.

“you order another, and can you order me another sandwich? No red meat.” Taeyeon said. seohyun hesitated until taeyeon handed her a wad of bill, sending her to the nearest cashier.

“um…”

“orange juice, no sugar.”

Seohyun nodded and went to order food.

Taeyeon couldn’t stop thinking about her situation earlier with gyuri. She was sure that leeteuk never mentioned a thing to the police woman, or that is the only thing she knows for the moment. Leeteuk appeared like he will never keep a secret to his close friend added that they really knew each other for the long time. but taeyeon also knew that leeteuk had a way of hauling things closer to himself, if he never wanted to disclose anything.

Leeteuk and his mysteries. Taeyeon would always wonder what he would be like if he was never mutilated.

“your brother’s girl friend, she’s really that protective of him, huh? Really annoys me.” taeyeon said, when seohyun came back carrying a new set of food. “she was at the apartment earlier, told your brother about some flu outbreak and when leeteuk disappeared, started questioning me about the relationship. Almost got me into punching her, not to offend you babe. she doesn’t know that its fake but I don’t want to tell her anyways. Can you not tell her too?”

Seohyun shrugged.

“because if you tell her, not that I will blame you, but she will make my life a living hell.” Taeyeon can imagine gyuri telling the whole university about the truth and her father constantly bickering at her dishonesty. “she doesn’t know how much your brother entertains me.”

“entertains you, unni?”

Taeyeon waved her palm, explaining. “did you know that even if leeteuk is just standing or gazing somewhere he still looks attractive?” she said. “especially when he’s thinking, whacking his brains out and muttering about stuff pertaining to his studies. He does only that but he cures my depression.”

“depression?”

“yeah, we get that sometimes do we? Like when coming from a broken family.” Taeyeon said. seohyun wished she hadn’t intrude to such situation upon taeyeon mentioning one of her limitations. “anyways, how are you and that guy kyuhyun?”

“um, were okay, if that’s what you---“

“in a relationship?”

“no.” seohyun said immediately. She relaxed, grateful that they were in another topic. “I mean, its obviously going there, we both like… we both like each other.”

Taeyeon placed her sandwich on the plate. “its obvious too.”

“it is?” seohyun asked. She wondered if leeteuk felt the same. If a girl like taeyeon who cares nothing but herself would know immediately, how much more of leeteuk?

“don’t worry, your brother is not suspecting up to this point.” Taeyeon read her mind. She thought about the consequences and chances of leeteuk discovering the truth. “I didn’t know much about how your brother thinks but I know he will be reacting if he finds out your case by himself. So you better step up first on the line.”

“or let cho kyuhyun talk, it’s between guys.” Taeyeon continued. “and they’re bestfriends. If leeteuk is a good friend, he must understand.”

“I think he would want kyu oppa to understand too that he’s being protective of me.” Seohyun said. “it has always been like that. you saw how he is always when he’s beside me.”

“gosh, I feel like I’m watching a drama, can you believe that?” taeyeon said. seohyun sighed, hoping that everything will be considered under control.

------------------------

Mall, seoul

yeobo.”

It will be the tenth yeobos, of all the endearments that kyuhyun kept hearing Jessica utter at every stores they got into the mall that day.

Mrs. Heechul, fondly called as Sica by her close friends had been eagerly going around the shops looking for stylish phones she can use to school. And she was practically tagging her husband heechul along for help.

Not that heechul hated touring around. In fact, he liked it. He had accustomed himself to jessica’s indecisiveness towards gadgets and spending time with her always felt like a continuous blessing.

But poor kyuhyun had to endure the endless sweetness the couple displayed every time they would ooh and ahh on the gadgets displayed. Kyuhyun had been asked by heechul to accompany them since the former knew a lot about gadgets, being dubbed as the techiekyu of korea. he had always paid attention to new stuffs.

But he was taken aback by jessica’s quick decision to change things that he didn’t know if they’ll end up buying a single item.

Of course Jessica had something in mind, something stylish, chick and expensive at the same time. She would want something that her friend taeyeon can envy. Jessica had always been second to taeyeon when it comes to popularity. She’s her friend alright, no hard feelings, but it was always nice every time taeyeon’s nose would twitch to new items she would buy

Kyuhyun crossed her arms, endlessly muttering words as he followed Jessica and heechul strolling around to big circle display of new phones.

“that one yeobo.”

“you like it? Oi, kyu, can you ask the sales person if they can take this one out?”

Kyuhyun made a face but likewise made a signal towards a saleslady nearby to take out the hand phone. he had wondered what it would be like if she’s in the same situation with seohyun, how leeteuk’s sister would react every time she would see a new item especially if it’s a favorite. He knew seohyun very well but didn’t know her preference towards something that she really wants. Will she go ballistic just like Jessica when she doesn’t get what she wants? Or would she be just like her brother leeteuk who will take time to think whether an item is good for buying or not?

Kyuhyun smiled while running his fingers over the delicate phone which was quickly snatched by Jessica.

He could imagine the scene where he and seohyun stroll around her favorite items: cute notebooks, stuff toys and cartoon souvenirs.

“how about this?” kyuhyun asked seohyun

“that looks nice.”

“I’ll buy it for you, ms. We’ll buy this.” Kyuhyun pointed to a pen with a lady bug design. It was the only design left on the counter and luckily, it was one of her favorites. Seohyun looked at the material with a smile on her face.

“thanks oppa.”

“anything for you.” kyuhyun said. he received the pen and handed it out to seohyun. “you like it right?”

“no I don’t like it at all.”

 

“no I don’t like it at all.” Kyuhyun’s mind suddenly shifted towards reality upon hearing Jessica returning the item to the saleslady. “I want something lighter and pink and glossy. Something more feminine than that. yeobo, I don’t like it, it doesn’t look expensive.”

“I guess we could still look around.” Heechul said. “kyu?”

Kyuhyun scratched his head.

aigoo, I’ll be buying you a new computer, what do you want?” heechul asked. He leaned over kyuhyun, placed an arm around his shoulders and whispered. “sorry, sica’s really like this. I should have told you but I know you wouldn’t come if I tell that she’s like that anyways.”

“heck.” Kyuhyun uttered. “I want a gaming computer then, good specs, brand new release from japan. Yellow colored, limited edition. If you don’t buy that I’ll never accompany you again. “

Heechul rolled his eyes. “such a kid. It’s a deal youngling.”

Kyuhyun smiled and patted heechul’s back. At least he will have something to look forward to at the end of the day.

----------------------

Mall, Seoul

Seohyun’s POV

After taeyeon unni took a hearty meal of big sized sandwiches during lunch, and eating mine to my surprise, we decided to watch a feel good movie before hitting it off on the arcade. upon her insisting, we watched a typical chick flick movie, not mind boggling enough to stimulate my thinking mind but enough to let me speculate on taeyeon unni’s sudden urge to see me.

Yes, she saved me from being discovered by leeteuk oppa once when I was at the grocery busily looking at biscuit items but she never contacted me after that. I guess she’s saving for the right time where she could see me, after all, spending time with my brother is her current priority.

Taeyeon unni and my brother are currently living for two weeks and I could say that taeyeon had adapted a little of my leeteuk oppa’s habits. For once she ordered a good meal devoid of red meat and she was fond of fruit juices, something like my brother would opt to buy. But she is still after all, the self centered taeyeon who would always want the attention on her. I would still flinch at her usual curses at certain stuff or certain people, but put into mind that maybe it’s a part of her that I need to adjust to.

 

I thought hanging out with her would bring the boredom out of me but I was wrong. Taeyeon is the perfect playmate to hang out with when it comes to going on arcade games. I didn’t tell her that I like playing cyber games but surprise emanated out of me upon realizing that taeyeon unni is almost good at every game we would play--- crane game, basketball, tennis, the like. Who would have thought that the university’s most prized possession has a side that guys would like aside from her physical aura and strut?

“no, its like this.” She told me when my hands gripped upon a ball. We decided to play another basketball game the moment when I found out how thrilling it is “you should bend your wrist like this, and look straightly at the basket. Just throw using your dominant hand.”

I followed her command and right in an instant, my ball landed on the basket. I screamed in delight, clapped my hands as taeyeon unni beamed at me with satisfaction.

“wow.” I said. “you are really good at this unni.”

“I know right? I may be better than your brother.”

oppa’s good at games too.” I said.

Taeyeon pulled out the ticket prizes from the booth. “he is?” she said, as if digesting my words little by little. “never noticed it. He’s always in front of papers. I even thought he could eat a paper for being too immersed on it. ”

“then you should take him out for a while.” I suggested. I was surprised at my statement when I said that. I barely knew taeyeon unni but I was already ushering her towards my oppa. “I mean, if he asks you, it could be nice if he takes a little resting from his activities.”

Play safe. Even taeyeon started thinking.

“maybe, if I whine more and he’ll have no choice.” Taeyeon said. We looked at each other and laughed.

 

We strolled out of the arcade after, thinking of a good option for some refreshments when we bumped to three figures were not expecting to meet that day. if its wheel of fate or coincidence playing part, I would think that its playing favorites on me.

“sica!” was taeyeon’s first blurt before I said mine. Jessica unni’s eyes popped out too, probably surprised to see me hanging out with her. Who would have thought that a popular girl will hang out with a nerd.

“sister in law bonding time?” heechul joked. Taeyeon made a face and pulled Jessica out of the group. I waved a hand at kyuhyun oppa who just stood there, staring at me. I guess he was really surprised.

“what are you doing here?” I asked him. He told me that he was asked by heechul to look for some new handphones for his wife and I could sense his signal that he wanted for the day to end. Males never really liked shopping except for kim heechul. Even my brother leeteuk would depart from me and my mother whenever we go out to buy clothes.

“I guess she couldn’t take jessica’s fickle mindedness.” Heechul told me. I shook my head, pitying kyuhyun. Really amazed for heechul oppa for being so patient.

 

Then a hand started to pull me out.

“I’m taking her to the salon, bye.” Taeyeon said, referring to me. How my eyes could have reacted that moment when she told me I needed some makeover. Even kyuhyun oppa didn’t know how to approach the situation but I saw a glimpse of him smiling.

unni?” I asked. I was being tagged along and the unstoppable taeyeon has unfortunately, lots of ideas circling around her thinking mind. Stopping by a refreshment bar was the option awhile ago, I didn’t consider a salon could immediately replace it.

Taeyeon halted and I gaze, wide eyed, at the biggest beauty parlor I have ever set foot into. “ah, finally. I need to get my nails done. You need to do something with your hair.” She said matter-o-factly. “just to put some nice fringe and layered cut. Kyuhyun will go crazy if she sees you after.”

-----------------

Mall, Seoul

“oh come on.” Gyuri placed both hands on her hips as she walked forward with leeteuk just at her side. “jungsu, I’ve known you since we were kids. You’re lying to me.”

“you never saw me grew up, you migrated for sixteen years.” Leeteuk defended. They paced towards the mall with gyuri still at odds of his new relationship.

She paused, huffing.

“are we going to talk about this again?” leeteuk asked.

“just tell me the truth.”

“I am telling you.” Leeteuk said. “taeyeon and me are in a relationship.”

“whatever.” Gyuri said. “If that girl is taking adva—“

“she’s not.” Leeteuk cut her off. Gyuri remained silent as leeteuk’s stare worked up on her. “don’t assume such things. Focus on your work. This matter is too small and easy to handle anyways.”

“if I find that this is really fake.” Gyuri pointed a finger at him. She shook her head, resuming her walk. “never mind… who are we looking for anyways?”

Leeteuk looked around. “taeyeon.”

 

Leeteuk nearly choke on drinking upon seeing taeyeon being accompanied by seohyun, who was now wearing her hair in a new embellishment. Her black hair was long gone and replaced with hazel brown and coffee highlights with a sideway fringe.

“what did she do with your sister?” gyuri asked. But seohyun had never been happier, her smile reaching the corner of her ears. She had invited the new style with open arms and was even hopping towards leeteuk upon seeing him.

Taeyeon cleared . “introducing to you, the new and improved seohyun.” She said. Seohyun took a bow and tucked herself next to leeteuk.

“looks good on you.” he said. He could hear taeyeon smirking on the background and also slapping a hand continuously on her forehead.

“why did the world suddenly spin.” Taeyeon muttered. She moved to the fountain area and fanned herself. “take your time to admire her, I’ll just take a rest. Gosh, it wasn’t my first time staying at the mall for hours.”

“your babysitter must have been tired.” Gyuri looked at taeyeon and back to seohyun. “seobaby, you look really different.”

“she was running around all the time, so much energy. And thank you unni, if that is a compliment ..”seohyun smiled. she made a couple of tugs at gyuri’s hand. “let’s talk. I want to hear more from you.”

 

The next thing taeyeon knew, she was caught between the conversation of seohyun and gyuri talking much about their childhood. Only leeteuk remained still on the table, calmly sipping on his drink and smiling from time to time upon taking part to the girl’s conversation. Taeyeon was glad that leeteuk is sitting next to her but felt a little left out between seohyun and gyuri. A while ago, she was just with seohyun and the latter appeared to be even enjoying her company. Now it appeared like gyuri had stolen another interesting stuff on her again and taeyeon was back to her alone self. A long time knowing each other must be the culprit. She had been texting Jessica but it seemed that heechul’s wife was too busy picking out handphones.

“oh well, its nice catching up with you.” Gyuri told seohyun, when they went out from the restaurant hand in hand, together with leeteuk and a restless taeyeon. “I’ll still go back to the precinct to have an update on the flu outbreak, maybe they’ll have news.”

“update me too.” Seohyun said. She looked to her left and noticed leeteuk moving away to take a view of children playing on the water fountain. Taeyeon still stood next to her, fanning herself.

Seohyun never noticed the university owner’s daughter looking that exhausted.

unni, are you okay?”

“it’s a bit hot, isn’t it?” taeyeon asked. She moved backwards until her legs suddenly felt numb and found herself collapsing on the floor.

unni!” seohyun shrieked. Gyuri was taken aback and went next towards taeyeon.

“hey, you okay?” she asked, feeling for her pulse. Taeyeon wasn’t replying, only looking at a distance. “yah, miss kim.”

Seohyun waved a hand in front of taeyeon’s face. “unni.” She said. “unni, are you okay?”

Taeyeon’s vision suddenly went blurred. The view of the fountain never appeared that ambiguous before. She tried opening and closing her eyes, but they moved too slow.

unni.”

“miss kim.”

“huh?” taeyeon remarked. The sound of their voices suddenly seemed distant and muffled. She couldn’t hear proper words.

“she’s heavy.” Gyuri said. “I can’t bring her up.”

Taeyeon couldn’t understand what gyuri was telling her until she found another person squatting next to her, questioning what happened. Her peripherals were telling her the familiarity of the person and her body seemed to lax a little from its touch.

“taeyeon, are you okay?”

Taeyeon’s vision went from blurred to normal and saw leeteuk checking for her pulse.

“y-yeah.”

“I’ll take you home.” Leeteuk said. He supported a hand on her waist and hoisted her up. “can you still walk? Yes? Okay.”

Gyuri held seohyun’s hand. “I’ll take seohyun home.” She said, worrying about taeyeon. “can you commute, jungsu? I think it’ll only take a couple of minutes to reach your apartment.”

“we’ll take a cab.” Leeteuk said. Taeyeon shook her head, muttering words. “just this once, we’ll take care of the finances later.”

“make sure unni is okay.” Seohyun said.

Leeteuk nodded and ushered taeyeon towards the mall exit.

-----------------

Leeteuk’s Apartment

Leeteuk accompanied taeyeon to sit at the bed and ran a hand on her forehead.

“since when did you feel something?”

“I don’t know, I just felt dizzy.” Taeyeon said, recalling her collapsing incident. At the mall, she felt easily exhausted, going to different places and all but she didn’t mind it for she was busily focusing on seohyun. She was about to lie down when she felt hot fluid gushing out of her nose.

It was blood. bright in color and abundant, enough to stain the lower part of her face.

Leeteuk was quick to pinch her nose with his handkerchief.

“hold this, hold this taeyeon.” He instructed, letting taeyeon to stop the flow of blood. She pinched her nose and found leeteuk hurrying towards the sink.

She could hear water running out of the faucet and the sound of a towel being immersed on the metal container.

“do you still feel dizzy, you want to throw up?” leeteuk asked. Taeyeon shook her head and tried not to gulp down, afraid that she will drink her own blood.

He went back to her and waited.

“don’t look up.”

“uh…”

“bleeding will not stop from there, it needs pressure.” Leeteuk said.

Taeyeon took off the handkerchief from her nose which was now stained with bright spots of blood.

“stopped already.” She told leeteuk. “anything else?”

“nothing more.” Leeteuk said gently. His hand landed on the towel soaked on the basin, he squeezed excess water out from it and compressed the material to taeyeon’s nose. He carefully wiped away the blood stains around the area.

“you know you’re really good at taking care.” Taeyeon could feel the cold water landing on her hot skin. “you almost remind me of mom. Not that you’re completely like her but she used to take care of me when I’m sick.”

Leeteuk didn’t say anything and continued wiping her nose.

“sorry I messed up your hanky.”

“don’t talk about it right now.” He shushed her up.

“I’ll pay you on the cab fee.”

Leeteuk almost pinched her nose. “did I just tell you not to think about it right now?” he said. “we’ll talk about it later.”

“sorry.” Taeyeon said again. she felt good saying those things but felt weird at the same time.

“I’m hoping you will not get the virus.” Leeteuk said. “or else I have to quarantine you here.”

“you mean the flu?”

“yes.”

Taeyeon smiled. “at least you get to take care of me.”

“that flu is dangerous, it can give complications and can even cause death.” He scolded her. taeyeon smiled even more, even at the point of laughing. “why are you laughing?”

“you sounded like my mom.”

Leeteuk compressed the towel at taeyeon’s nose one more time and had the material removed.

 “take a rest, we have class tomorrow.” He said, getting now the blood stained off from taeyeon’s hands. “get two pillows place it on your feet.”

“I still have to do my homework.” Taeyeon said. leeteuk looked at her in shock. “yeah, I know. I forgot about it. Its just multiple choice exam, take home. I’ll finish it.”

Leeteuk nodded and carried the basin and paced towards the kitchen area. “just don’t look down that much, in case you bleed again.”

“yes sir.”

Leeteuk washed the blood stained towel and carefully observed taeyeon from afar, doing her assignment. When he came back, he sat next to taeyeon at the bed, who was now concentrating on every detail of the paper.

“hah, easy.” Taeyeon blurted, lazily encircling the correct answers. Leeteuk took a peek too. It wasn’t his subject and the questions look oddly different to his liking but taeyeon managed to get the answers correct.

Taeyeon flipped the paper to the next page and was surprised when she saw a 6 inch gummy lollipop candy on her thigh.

“mine?”

“uh huh.”

Taeyeon didn’t know how to react.

“since you decided to do your homework without copying, and doing it even if you just had your nose bled.” Leeteuk answered for her. “I guess its just right to give you something to keep you going.”

“wow.”

“I got it for free, don’t think of anything malicious.” Leeteuk defended. Taeyeon smiled and toyed the candy between her hands.

“thanks.” She said, holding up the candy. “I guess I just need some sugar.”

But to taeyeon, eating it may take a while. She was happy that she got her first reward.

---------------------

A/N: happy birthday taeyeon! :)