of buses, kisses and movie dates

Again, Today, I Love You

Leeteuk’s room, Student Council office

Heechul crumpled the piece of paper on his front and threw the current material on the trashcan.

aigoo, this can’t be, its always wrong.” Leeteuk could hear his bestfriend muttering words inside his office and it didn’t bother him that much, knowing heechul mostly do the talking all by himself out of sheer frustration. Leeteuk hds been playing with a rubix cube between his slender fingers, his legs crossed, his eyes adamantly focused on the screen.

Then Heechul looked up, scowling at the way his best friend suddenly smiled out of the blue. Leeteuk doesn’t usually smile, or if he smiles it must have been the genuine one. He knew he had been like this ever since leeteuk didn’t have the choice but to be a mature person hiding a terrible past.

Heechul leaned over the desk and saw that leeteuk was looking at a picture of a smiling taeyeon on his desktop wallpaper. The smiling taeyeon was donned in her usual uniform, but the frame was focused more on her face, highlighting her button nose and doe eyes. heechul’s eyebrows furrowed, desktop wallpaper? He thought aloud. It was then that leeteuk realized that he was looking that he turned off the monitor and shushed him away, depriving him of private information suddenly exposed.

“I see, you got it now.”

“what?”

Heechul pointed a finger at leeteuk. “the taeyeon virus.” He said, as if diagnosing. reliable sources told him that taeyeon had these natural effect on males having a deep attraction towards her, usually crazy about her, not to mention  her past boyfriends who she just dumped as if she was changing clothes.

Heechul coughed. “you know your relationship is fake, you shouldn’t be considering treating it as if its real even in private times like this when no student is looking at you both.” He tensed, working on his thoughts. “unless…”

Heechul can only see leeteuk absentmindedly playing with the cube, looking at the big amount of space on his wooden desk, lost in thought.

yah teuk—“

“so how many boyfriends did taeyeon have?” he cut him off.

“fifteen?” heechul thought aloud as leeteuk partly stared at him, and back at the table again. “I don’t think I can remember what sica told me, I’m guessing its around that number.”

“that’s a lot.”

Heechul laughed, almost rolling his eyes. “my gosh, you are doubting that girl? she has a lot of skills!” he rubbed his nose, scribbling on the new paper he just got from leeteuk’s desk. “every man could just get down on his knees begging her to take him, as if she’s a god—“

“teuk, are you okay, you seemed troubled?”

Leeteuk pursed his lips. “I got a lot of work to do.”

“you have a lot of work to do.” heechul said. “you have a lot of proposal from the departments you are supervising and we are revising the schedule of exams, you need to meet the different deans by the way—“

He paused, seeing that leeteuk was opting for something else.

“your relationship with her.” heechul swallowed. “its not fake now, isn’t it?”

He waited for leeteuk’s answer but the latter continued staring at a space.

“park jungsu.”

Leeteuk heave out a sigh and his head made a curt nod, his friend immediately donning a gape.

“teukie hyung.” Sungmin barged in the door. “I got the environment week printed already, I need your signature over here, can you look if I did a proper format? Gosh, heechul hyung, what happened to you, you look like you’ve been harassed! Ah, teukie hyung?”

“oh.” Leeteuk did a slight jerk and fumbled for sungmin’s paper, frowning at the contents.

“thank you.” sungmin said as leeteuk stamped on his signature. he darted out and hurriedly closed the door.

Heechul rubbed his temples.

“can you pinch me? I think I’m dreaming.”

“this is real heechul.”

“are you even sure with this?” heechul asked. “I’m not trying to ruin what you have, of course it’s a good start that you’re actually dating someone. I know she’s very close with sica. But are you sure with taeyeon? Did you hear how many relationships she had, and dumped every single one of them? I’m not trying to ruin the mood here but a relationship with kim taeyeon in the true setting? Park jungsu are you even listening?”

Leeteuk nodded again, obviously not in the mood to quarrel with his best friend. But heechul knew better, he knew that the student council president was really serious for what he just plunged into.

“she really did something that even you fell on the pit for her, huh?” heechul asked.

“I hope were not tackling her past too.”

“leeteuk if I see her doing something that will make you feel bad I will kill—“

“no.” leeteuk said. “you will not. and taeyeon is not like that. reserve your judgements for someone else.”

“hell I think she casted a spell on you, is she a witch?”

“a witch who can ace.” Leeteuk said. he stared back on his bestfriend, and out of the moment the two started laughing.

And heechul can clearly see it. he can see his old friend leeteuk without any hint of worries, the old leeteuk that he missed ever since the incident. It was all coming back to him now, a far away dream that soon became a reality slowly unleashing out.

“don’t jut your chin telling me how righteous you are.” Heechul laughed, clearing a tear from his cheek. “but I like what I’m seeing right now.”

------------------------

Department of Architecture

Kyuhyun’s nose wrinkled on the wooden shavings dissipated in the air and attempted to cough out the contents irritating his throat.

He was inside the carpentry area of the architecture building, a place full of industrial work where students of architecture spend an amount of time designing blue prints and creating house samples. Despite of its name the area appeared clean, and piles of wood were only creating a slight mess on the tables. Kyuhyun was seated in front of a white table near the door, contemplating on furnishing the edges of wood.

He was currently building a house for seohyun.

Not really the dream house he had on his mind. The miniature house will be an additional on seohyun’s collection of miniature stuff. He had seen her collection on her house before, kitchen, living room, bedroom materials.

But not a house.

He didn’t know why seohyun didn’t even ask him to build something for her, knowing it will just be a piece of cake to build apart from the time he would be spending. seohyun was timid enough to ask him for such requests.

It was not before that kyuhyun hastily covered his wooden house when a knock went towards the door.

oppa!” seohyun said. kyuhyun heave out a breath. Good thing seohyun knows how to knock. “you seemed busy, are you doing something?”

He stared on the blue prints lying around the area and he brushed the remaining wood shavings on his apron.

“just brainstorming.” Kyuhyun lied, opting a focus on the big paper so seohyun wouldn’t be checking out the covered area in front of him.. “what are you doing here?”

Seohyun smiled and raised a bag. “lunch.”

“oh.”

She hopped inside the room towards the center table and lightly dusted off the area. “I thought you might want to have something to eat.”

“we can eat outside.”

“are you sure? You seemed not in the mood to even eat.” Seohyun said. she might be wondering what stuff he’s currently focusing at, taking into account the time he spent inside the carpentry.

“It doesn’t smell good here.”

“I should get used to that.” seohyun said. the way she said those words were too irresistible for kyuhyun to see.

He went towards seohyun and took a seat on the vacant stool on her left, opting her to sit too.

“you made that?”

Seohyun nodded when his eyes skimmed on two metal lunch boxes spread atop a pink cloth.  she had a hard time doing this all by herself without her nannies trying to give her the help the night before. She had paved way for a little bit, but insisted on doing the decorations.

Kyuhyun never tried to hide his excitement ever since seohyun would present him something and his admiration for her increased even more when he saw his own face decorated on top of the rice. His lunch consisted of anchovies, egg, slices of sweet meat and greens. “ah, bento!”

“yeah, you like it?” seohyun asked. She smiled at how perceptive he was.

“I always love what you’re doing, gosh, why are you always so good.”

Seohyun scratched her head.

“I’m giving you a compliment by the way.”

“yes, I know.” She said, thinking how her cheeks appeared at this state. She was blushing furiously that she turned her attention to other wood works for a while. When her peripherals noticed that kyuhyun started stirring the food as if cautiously inspecting every detail, she smiled.

Kyuhyun took a bite on the egg.

“what’s the problem?” seohyun saw that frown lines appeared on his forehead.

“are you mad at the salt?”

She took the lunchbox away from him.

“hey I haven’t even started yet.”

“let’s just order food on your canteen.” She said, blushing even more. Kyuhyun tsked and pulled the lunchbox towards himself.

“I will be eating this.” He said. “nah uh.” He complained when she attempted to steal.

Seohyun bit her lip.

“I know how much you prepared for this, and I should be grateful that you even have the time to do this, considering you’re a junior and preparing for your senior year. I know how hard your subjects are.” He placed a hand on her wrist. “let go seohyun, let’s have lunch.”

She remained silent for a while, watching him took another shot of the lunch she prepared for him. kyuhyun didn’t complain more about the saltiness and was instead happily enjoying the moment of eating her food.

“guys would die to eat something park seohyun made, isn’t it such a luck that I am the man you decided to focus at?” he said between bites.

“you sure know how to flirt.”

“you should never underestimate my dealings with women.” Kyuhyun  said. “even if I’m not interested to most of them at the first place.”

He drank the contents of the plastic cup that seohyun gave. “hey seohyun, eat.”

. “yes, just wait a moment.”

Seohyun clasped her hands and kyuhyun realized that she was praying.

“praying for food?”

“yes, and thanking the Creator for your kindness in eating to your heart’s content.” She said.

Kyuhyun raised a brow. “you are so beautiful I couldn’t help myself but to give you something.”

“what?” seohyun laughed and she realized that kyuhyun leaned towards her and planted a deep kiss on her cheek.

“now, shall we continue eating?” he asked.

Seohyun nodded, couldn’t hide the glee she’s currently experiencing.

-----------------------

Taeyeon’s classroom

Taeyeon’s POV

I groaned, a groan not loud enough to cause ruckus inside the classroom, as the professor made a boring lecture out of contemporary writing, his bedroom voice enough to send my other classmates drifting to their dreams.

Not that I don’t like what he’s talking about. A modern woman like me would opt for something contemporary that matches my lifestyle, though I found it not ideal for him to talk about it as if he has lessen his interest on it.

I yawned, my palm cupping my face as my eyes darted to my right. I was sitting in the window, almost a permanent seat after I endangered a classmate that I will get his scholarship if he didn’t give his seat to me. lucky me that he didn’t even think a second thought, and I got nearer to my friends Jessica and yoona, both who shared the same sentiments towards the professor, but eager to make things right such as staying inside the classroom.

 

But I am not.

 

I flipped open my phone, smiled at seeing a picture of leeteuk at my wallpaper, sleeping, and quickly darted towards the message menu. It was just a week past his birthday and though I’m frequently seeing him nowadays, apart from his trips on my father’s office, I still couldn’t fathom a thought of him relapsing on my mind.

 

To:  teukie babe

I miss you

 

I hit the send button and acted as if I was listening to the continuing lecture, now focusing on the writers of the recent. Its not after ten seconds that my phone vibrated, sending goosebumps on my sensitive skin as I saw his name appearing on my screen.

 

Fr:  teukie babe

Where are you?

 

I blinked and typed again, retyped again if my words were right enough not for him not to panic that I’m going to cut my classes until I got stuck at the thought of wondering if ever should I tell him that. but then again, its as if he read my mind when another message of him popped on my screen.

 

Fr: teukie babe

I’m here at the clinic. Drop by if your classes are over.

 

If my classes are over. I snorted, raised my hand that I will go to the restroom and immediately went out, away from the prying eye of Jessica who gave me the “I know where you are going” look. I skipped the stairs and opted for the special elevator instead. Not all students get the treatment of using this space aside from the faculty, board of directors and the student council.

 

The clinic was on the ground floor, it was an open clinic supervised by a head nurse, Nurse Cha and some of the students of the nursing department taking practice. It accommodated six hospital beds separated by white curtains so people could get at least a good privacy. I usually go to the clinic before when I wanted to take a nap not until my father found out and prohibited me. I entered the clinic, not surprised how empty it looked and scanned around finding leeteuk in his white uniform bending over a student in a jersey, pressing a cotton ball on his knee. Leeteuk frequented the clinic since he’s a licensed nurse, and helped Nurse Cha took care of the other students during his free time.

“its not yet your dismissal.” Leeteuk already sensed me even if I was not saying anything, maybe because of the signature sound of my heels approaching towards his direction and the shock of the sports student suddenly covering his face when he saw me.

“I don’t want to go to class anymore.” I said, my gaze dropping on the student in front of me. “what happened, got in a fight?”

“no, he scraped his knee during a play.” Leeteuk said pressing the gauze firmly on the student’s knee. His hands were very light looking even if he was applying pressure on the area and he always has this look of assurance towards his patients that everything’s under control.

I knew it. it was the same look I received when he rescued me bleeding from the robbery incident and the safety was there eversince.

 He turned towards the patient, helping him to a stand. “buy some antiseptic when you get home.”

ne, hyung. “

I watched the patient returned his gratitude with a bow and stopped to look at me for a few seconds before he limped towards the exit.

 “one of your fans?” leeteuk noticed. I smiled, hopping on the bed and spread myself all over the small space. People should know that its best to take a nap on a hospital bed.

“jealous? Don’t worry you’re still my number one.” I said with a yawn.. I flexed, realizing my agenda to see him at the first place. “god I miss you, you know.”

“not to the point that you have to cut your class.” Leeteuk leaned over, his arms on either side of me. I thought he’s going to scold me again but he parted a smile. “get up, get out of here.”

“not until you go out with me later.” I said, amused at how the whiteness of the room matched his silky blond hair. I had the urge to mess it myself, but he looked so good and the strands were too thin that the bangs spread neatly on his forehead, appearing not in the mood for any contradiction.

He paused, staring at my abdomen. “where are we going?”

“secret.” I crossed my arms. “deadly secret.”

“are you challenging me?”

He poked on the side of my ribs and  I couldn’t help but to suppress a giggle.

“teuk stop it!”

I sat up and entangled my legs on him like a predator, and embraced him with gentleness, my cheek nuzzling his chest.

“you remind me of a hospital.” I muttered. Leeteuk poked me on the side again, making me kiss his chest. “aish, what’s with you?”

I grinned and started poking him too but he was quick to escape my second attempt, sending me to chase him all the way on the clinic.

“okay, you win, you win.” Leeteuk panted as I kept a firm embrace behind. Nope, he simply took the loser to accommodate my competitive mood. He gently loosened on my grip and went inside the cubicle. “wait for me,  I’ll just change.”

But before leeteuk could close the door on the changing room, i was already behind him and the quick lock got him the thought that he was not alone.

“what the heck taeyeon, get out.”

“I’ll wait here, its dim anyways. I can’t peek.”

“as if.”

“let’s see if your phobia with women is improving.” I said seriously. “starting with me.”

I thought he would simply shove me away, or give me a statement of he wasn’t interested undergoing self esteem classes with him again  with it but he didn’t even make a single comment and was instead focusing on really changing his clothes.

The sound of clothes rustling sent my heart tumbling and the dimness of the area contributed more to my awareness that leeteuk could really be just wearing nothing but his undergarments and the thought heightened when a clothing was thrown directly at my face “aigoo, what’s this? Smells good.” I sniffed, realizing it was his shirt.

“I will be at the office after this, you should return to class okay?” leeteuk said as I hear a zipping sound of what seemed like he’s fixing his pants. The sound of a belt clinking made it positive.

I heard him buttoning his polo and hint a smell of his blazer which meant he was putting it on himself. I focused on his nurse uniform, trying to fold it neatly on my lap. true, I wouldn’t deny that my heart beats faster every single second I hear a rustle.

“you seemed quiet.”

“I told you I’ll behave.” I said. I really meant it. he was that significant that causing even a little trouble will kill me.

“ please open the door.”

I turned the knob open and I stepped outside, catching for air,  followed by leeteuk who’s role changed simply from a hardworking nurse to a very respectable looking student council president. Gosh I could breathe again, finally. Shouldn’t be really doing that test again or I’ll be the trouble myself.  the thought of leeteuk changing clothes sent funny signals to my brain.

“your uniform.” I said, handing him his nurse attire to which he placed immediately inside his bag. Then my eye caught his collar and I automatically attempted to fix it, evening the creases.

“thank you.” he tilted his head. he caught my hand and pressed his lips on mine for about a couple of seconds until we mutually parted, seeing nurse cha already inside the clinic. Both leeteuk and I bowed and darted off immediately before she could ask anymore questions.

--------------------------

Seoul City

Seohyun bowed on the bus operator and took a seat on the middle, gesturing herself towards the window.

It was not her first time on the bus, she had been at most five, when leeteuk would go to a movie with her. She had calculated her first time as a nerve wracking experience, considering she was used to seating at the back on a very silent car. But she was very positive every time she’s with her brother, his words a permanent register on her mind when she’s uneasy.

“not to worry anything seobaby.”

Seohyun’s mind turned into alert mode when kyuhyun noisily opened his bag.

“your parents will not be mad right?” he asked, fumbling for contents. “and you need some public experience…”

“they wouldn’t even notice that I’m out.” seohyun said. true. Her mother is too busy with their family business and her father…

Her father only made three trips a month to their home.

“uncle’s too busy at the hospital?” kyuhyun asked as if reading his mind.

Seohyun swallowed but attempted to nod. “yes, you can say that. “ she said.

But her father ‘s attention is not only to the medical facility but also to matters dealing underground. Seohyun was really amazed for leeteuk deviating out of the family habit but she was stuck in the middle, trying to connect the severed ties.

“other countries, you know, do not even have universal cards.” Kyuhyun caught her attention.

“huh?”

Kyuhyun thought about his trips abroad. “they use a ticket, a piece of paper.” He demonstrated by taking out a scratch material. “the currency is embedded on the ticket, and as a responsible bus rider, you have to keep it and an operator would be lurking in and out of the bus premises inspecting it.”

“so that they will see to it that everyone pays?”

“yeah but sometimes they forget.”

Seohyun took notice of a couple going inside the bus.

“how?” she asked, trying not to slip off.

“well, most of the people before going out of the bus, stick their tickets on chairs.” He said. “so the other commuters pretend that they have tickets by taking those stuff out. talking about double usage.”

“I haven’t thought about that.”

“skills, seohyun.” He said. “those people have a lot of skills.”

Seohyun didn’t say more and went silent through out the bus ride, staring at the window. They were currently inside the city and she can see the buzz in the area, a lot of people going in and out of stores, chains of restaurants and musicals.

She was glad that somehow she had spent an ample time with kyuhyun teaching her about life 101.

“how’s your car?”

“heater needs fixing.” Kyuhyun said. “seo, I haven’t talked to your brother by the way. But I cant take this anymore.”

He tensed, working on his lines.

“I know this is not the proper timing and were even in public. but I want to know of my chances.”

“chances?” seohyun asked. She knew what he was thinking. But she had no clue why he would think of that when he obviously knew the answer.

“chances of becoming your boyfriend.” Kyuhyun said, lowering his voice that it almost seemed like a whisper.

“well.” Seohyun said. “we looked and act like it so---”

“gosh, seohyun, of course I want to ask permission from you.” kyuhyun said gently. “I want you to think how highly I respect you. you should be treated like a princess every now and then. Your brother doesn’t know yet but I know right now he’s suspecting.”

Leeteuk would always look at him as if he’s into deep thinking but the student council president dismissed his thoughts always with an agenda concerning the council.

Seohyun bit her lip. “oppa needs to know.”

“of course he needs to know.” He held her hand. they locked eyes, kyuhyun deciphering seohyun’s thoughts. “and I know that when we talk to him about this, whatever the consequences are it will always lead to how we feel towards each other. But I still want to know if you’re ready to take our relationship to the next level, giving it a label.”

Seohyun nodded.

“then let’s take our relationship to the next level oppa.”

“wait I’m not forcing you okay?”

“you are asking me, what am I supposed to say?” she said. “yes oppa, let’s be together and have it labeled. And I’m not forced, I want it.”

Want it. Kyuhyun squeezed her hand, he couldn’t deny that his head spun like crazy at the moment. “then I am your boyfriend then?”

“you’ve always acted like one anyways.” Seohyun rolled her eyes. but she smiled. “yes oppa, you are my boyfriend. Let’s be this way, be together and face whatever lies on the future. I know it might be bumpy, and we cannot please everyone around us, but they will accept it afterwards, knowing how much we love each other.”

Kyuhyun balled his fists in the air.

“you’re making a mess on me, don’t you know how happy I am right now?” he said. he leaned his forehead on hers, their noses touching. Seohyun could feel a slight electric shock from the touch. She smiled, her lips almost reaching her ears. it was always right from the beginning.

“I love you seohyun.”

Seohyun didn’t move a muscle on her body when kyuhyun tentatively placed a peck on her lips, but seeing that she was feeling the same, he deepened his kiss. It was a mix of gentleness and demand, something that seohyun didn’t know that existed until now. She found their hands in tight hold, her other hand fisted on his lap while his traveled all the way on  her back.

She breathe out when he pulled away himself from her and she leaned her head on his shoulder.

Then seohyun realized that they were inside a public transportation, and people could somehow get a view of what they were doing. Seohyun blushed and kyuhyun laughed at her innocence.

Too much display of public affection.

-------------------------- 

Han river   

Leeteuk blinked, digesting the surroundings around him.

“there’s a free movie scheduled at eight tonight.” Taeyeon said matter-o-factly as leeteuk placed their take-out food on the grass. She could view him studying the place, probably thinking if its safe? It occurred to her that he was really innocent of dating.  “I thought about it since we don’t have to… pay so much to be out.”

Leeteuk removed his blazer and set the gray clothing on the grass. “oh .”

“this is a seat for me? thank you.”

Leeteuk knelt down until taeyeon patted a space on his clothing where he could sit on. She was amused at how he seemed to take their relationship at ease, though part struggling, it seemed that it is an area that someone like park jungsu wouldn’t want to be left behind at.

Taeyeon was late to notice that he was only wearing his white long sleeved polo. “aren’t you cold?”

“not yet.” leeteuk said. “are you?”

Taeyeon shook her head. “I can manage.” She said, studying him. “you don’t like it?”

“no, I like it. its nice. Its…” leeteuk couldn’t help but look back at her. “so thoughtful of you.”

He knew taeyeon had it in her. taeyeon has a good heart people rarely see. If only they could just look at her deeply and ignore her mask of arrogance.

Leeteuk thought about it again.  he is in a relationship. And he wouldn’t want taeyeon to be constantly thinking of finances every time they would go out. heck he would not want her to pay for it. even if seohyun would contribute her allowance to him, it wouldn’t suffice knowing how high maintenance taeyeon is. although he doesn’t know now, and he’s been battling with it, how taeyeon suddenly opted for the most simple of things, making her the most romantic girl leeteuk had ever seen.

Taeyeon noticed leeteuk staring on the river. “what are you thinking?”

“nothing.” He tensed.

Taeyeon raised a brow. “I should be knowing what’s inside of your head right now.” She said. “that’s part of a healthy relationship right?”

“well, I don’t want you to get deprived or anything but I am considering of talking to my parents about going back.” Leeteuk said.

She straightened up. “that’s good right?”

“but there’s a condition.”

“what condition?”

He shrugged. “should we talk about it right now? Aren’t we supposed to have a good time?”

“yeah okay.” Taeyeon said. “but when you need someone to talk to, I’m all ears.”

“you have me.” Leeteuk said.

He placed taeyeon between his legs and her back laid comfortably on his chest. The people responsible for screening the free movie were already checking the sound system.

“how can I eat sushi with this.” She kidded as leeteuk’s hand intertwined with hers while the other hand fiddled on the plastic to his left.

He opened the styro and forked the food. “its your plan in the first place right? Ordering this type of food so someone can feed you?” he heard taeyeon snicker. “open your mouth.”

“mmmp—“

“don’t talk when your mouth is full.” Leeteuk said. then he handed her a drink.

“were you strictly potty trained during your childhood?” taeyeon asked. “you are so OC.”

“and you are so clumsy.” Leeteuk said, eyeing crumbs on taeyeon’s chest. He dusted it out with ease at the same time putting  a piece of sushi inside his mouth. “such a spoiled girl.”

They watched the movie.  It was a romantic comedy of a wife who turned into a ghost and her husband accepted all the fact generously. Taeyeon didn’t know if leeteuk were into such types but he remained settled throughout the movie, his arms resting on her stomach as he cuddled her.

If it were such a dream, taeyeon didn’t want it to stop. If it is a movie she would want to rewind it all over again.

“ten in the evening, I should take you home.” leeteuk said.

Taeyeon stood up and stretched her limbs. Other couples were already starting to leave the area. some settled, resuming their own businesses. “get loose sometimes.” She said. “it doesn’t have to go by the rules.”

“but I’d rather have the good vibes from your father.”

Taeyeon smiled at the thoughtfulness.

“then stay at home for a while.” She said. “will you?”

 

It didn’t take such hesitation for leeteuk to accompany taeyeon at home. thirty minutes had been passed and they were already at the condominium.

“talking about punctuality, make yourself at home.” she said as leeteuk stepped inside. The area reminded him of a five star hotel. It was a suite, large enough to accommodate two families, although it was only taeyeon and her father inhabiting the place. the kitchen was the first place to be seen, emphasized by a granite nook and a glass table. the living room was situated just beside it, enhanced by a white furry carpet and black sofa. Two rooms were on the left which must be taeyeon’s.

Of course she would want to take all the place.

“you said you lived in cheongdam?”

“yeah our house is there.” She said, removing her socks and shooting  them all to the nearest bin. “but we live here for practical purposes until I graduate.”

“so you’re thinking of graduating.” Said leeteuk. He has been busy looking at the paintings embellishing every corner of the area.

“actually I wasn’t.” taeyeon said. “but when I met you, I thought I should finish my college so that I could have a stable job, meet your standards.”

Teuk raised a brow.

“but that will take a lot of time considering I’m lazy—“

“kim taeyeon.”

“fine.” Taeyeon said. “I’ll try my best. Take a seat, love.”

Leeteuk took a seat on the kitchen stool and found himself being served next by taeyeon, pouring a cup of his favorite coffee on a mug.

“that much is okay?” taeyeon asked. When he nodded, she smiled again and took a seat beside him.

He couldn’t stop thinking of what happened in the morning. “I asked heechul about your exes.”

“okay.” Taeyeon didn’t seem to react that much. “so how did you find it?”

“you really had fifteen exes?” leeteuk asked. When he saw taeyeon wanting to laugh, he straightened himself.

“you’re shocked aren’t you?” she said. “counting those in middle school and in last year, yup that sums it up to 15. Musicians and jocks mostly.”

“so you’re not into the nerd types or leader types.”

“I like one now.” She said. “I found those in a position boring so I didn’t bother and they don’t like me either. You guys are so into routines. Not really my type.”

“then why do you like me?”

“are you some kind of a jealous girlfriend?” taeyeon laughed. “you provided some control that I need. And you’re very attractive, if only I found you earlier I could have asked you straight away.what?”

“If you found me earlier, you might have experienced more rejection.” He said, his index finger swirling on the mouth of the cup. “but I don’t know, taeyeon, I’m not really what you think is enjoyable. I’m kind of strict, and you are right.  i’m into routines.”

“are you rejecting me now?”

“no.” he said. why would taeyeon tell him that? “I’m thinking of how to make you stay.”

“teuk, you probably had the notion that I change boyfriends like I change clothes.”

“I don’t want to think of that.”

“but you are thinking of that.” taeyeon said. “let’s make it clear. Nothing’s going to change what I feel about you. its too solid. And I don’t know what you are feeling towards me either. I might be your first girlfriend but who knows after that you’ll find someone who’s better than me. its just in this matter of time I want ourselves to enjoy each other’s company, of what we have now.”

“okay.”

“just okay?”

“I’m not shallow, I completely get what you are saying.” Leeteuk said. if there is something that he learned from being a leader, it was always to compromise.

“you know you’re right about what you said the other time about what if you didn’t have a cruel past.” Taeyeon cupped his knees. “I think you might have been the possessive type.”

Leeteuk absentmindedly smiled again.

“sorry.”

Taeyeon stood up. She extended her arms and leeteuk found himself being embraced by her petite frame. The gesture was too comfortable for him, and it made him think of possibilities of meeting taeyeon earlier. If this was his attitude towards her, it could have meant a possibility of being lax with her other species.

“I’m not letting my guard up around you anymore.” he whispered. “so you’d better take care all what is exposed.”

“I’ll take care all of it.” She kissed the tip of his nose. Taeyeon bent down and leeteuk looked up. She kissed him on the lips and his tension suddenly eased as if it didn’t exist at the first place.  his left hand made a firm rest on her upper back, the other curving to her waist as she put pressure on him, running on the smoothness and softness of his lips. Taeyeon didn’t know why fast kissing always comes into her vocabulary. Maybe it was because of how she felt towards leeteuk, the gravitational pull that attracts them too much that sometimes it was out of control. And his kiss was too professional she couldn’t help but to think if she really was his first kiss. leeteuk run his tongue slowly on her bottom lip in a sensual motion, almost ready to drink her in when taeyeon’s stomach rumbled, interrupting his rhythm.

Leeteuk started to laugh.

“sorry!” taeyeon gasped. He patted her stomach and kissed it.

“starving you is not my priority, you know.” He smiled. “ come on, let’s raid your fridge."