you saved.... me

Again, Today, I Love You

 

blood.

too much blood. i never expected things to happen like this.

I stretched my frail palms to the ground trying to get up but the gesture seems to contradict me as I pursue. Nor I could even utter a cry of pain due to the intense surrounding sipping around me like a spinning wheel. I was a victim of a common crime that seems to have occurred unexpected: a waiting girl who had just escaped from the strict chauffeur, waiting for a bus to arrive, and with an unfortunate incident, got dragged to the ground by a passing motorcycle. All happening in a flash. It was as what they call a bad fate. I never expected that a karma would quickly intrude when a rude girl like me would always want to escape the luxury of having everything in the world. The only thing that drives me sane now is pain. I winced and touched my left eye, realizing that there was a hefty amount of blood covering it, explaining the intense heat I was feeling.

 

And I realized, out of my curiosity… Am I going to die?

 

And memories of the past start to flash on my mind: my first walk on the ground, my mother clapping her hands and my father being proud of his only daughter. The first school, the first teacher who told me that I was the most annoying person in her class, eventually my father got her fired. The first fight I dealt with when I realized that one girl is stealing my crush. My continuing mischievousness, the ongoing popularity at school. Dealing with my parents’ separation. Getting all what I wanted in my life eventually, except the freedom to go out without a companion.

There was happiness mixed in, after all. I cried, my tears mixing with the blood now covering my entire face like a painted mask. I still couldn’t get myself up.

And then I heard steps of what appeared like running. It was coming closer to me now, and somewhat screaming something for help. I tried to gaze up but with a fail. Only I can see, was a pair of leather shoes suddenly in front of me, and now leaning, as his knee was just inches away from my face.

“kim taeyeon, kim taeyeon.” It uttered. It was a male voice. A gentle male voice that sounded like a spring water flowing in a midstream. He touched my back and hoisted me up so I could face him.

 

University student president Park Jungsu aka leeteuk.

“taeyeon ssi. Can you hear me? EXCUSE ME ONE GIRL DOWN I NEED A STRETCHER!” he blurted out loud, probably to the people around him seeing the scene. Too many voices replying on him. Voices that I couldn’t decipher due to the sound made by cars honking as they passed by, and the people, mostly students, suddenly piling up, making up their comments to each other.  Then I heard guards coming over and him detailing the incident: a thief in a motorcycle, who got a hold of my bag, sending me to be dragged on the ground with my head first, followed by my knees. It was enough to explain what happened to me.

“you saw her and you didn’t even follow the thief??” I can hear leeteuk scolding the guards while he placed a cloth on my head, probably trying to stop the bleeding. I winced in pain, and he gently placed my upper body on his chest, making me lean on him. He patted the dorsum of my hand to console me. “she’s responding. Please dial me a doctor now and nurse cha to prepare her kit.”

“shouldn’t we get her to a hospital?”

“we don’t have time for that.” leeteuk said. “the bleeding is already too much. The only thing we can do now is to control it. EVERYBODY GET BACK TO CLASS.”

“but we need a doct—“

“I can stop the bleeding.” Leeteuk said, waving the students out of the area. then he focused on me again. “I’m a licensed nurse. Please just follow what I am saying or this girl will need a blood donor soon.”

A blood donor?

I couldn’t stop the tears flowing out from my ducts now.

“don’t cry, its okay, don’t worry. ” Leeteuk shushed me with his comforting words. “I am going to get you to the clinic. Everything’s going to be fine.”

“appa…”

“donghae, contact mr. kim.” Leeteuk mentioned to a running man to his left and the boy suddenly took out his phone to dial a number.

I stared at leeteuk’s eyes, and for the moment he stared at me too, locking my gaze with his. I never knew that I could find myself lying in the arms of the man I usually would just ignore every time he would make an announcement at the school, or get himself involved with college activities. The president of all student college presidents suddenly started to appear different from my view:  his blonde hair neatly parted sideways suddenly appeared glistening too much, his face  suddenly resembled a movie star I would always look at the screen, even his nose and lips suddenly appeared perfect, with the latter appearing in the right plumpness and red.

“close your eyes.” he whispered. And out of the order I just received, I followed his command.