"Even if it meant watching my best friend cry and not being able to do anything."

Pay phone

So sorry hat i haven't updated in forever! I wrote about 2 chapters on the other laptop but something happened with the computer and it got erased so.. I am back and hopefully i will write more, and this is a promise.

::::::::::::::::::

Jong hyeon pulled you close to his chest and breathed in and out.

You realized that he had gotten out of his wheelchair and stood up on his 'sprained ankle'.

"Selca," He whispered at the top of your head, "She will be fine."

You pulled away and looked at him, "How do you know that she will be fine? How do you expect me to believe these, these, these lies! I just witnessed my sister have a and you say that she is going to be fine?" You put your hand to your forehead and it seemed as if your deep breaths that you took could be heard from mile away, Jong hyeon stepped away and sat down in his wheel chair. He was taken back

You walked toward a bench, sat down and cried. You cried for what seemed like an hour.

You finally stopped and you looked up. You noticed that Jong hyeon had gone back to his hospital room.

~Flashback~ (what Jong Hyeon did while you cried.)

"Sir,  would you like me to wheel you to your room?" The nurse asked Jong hyeon. He didn't respond only because he was preoccupied,

he was staring at you.

Watching in awe as he saw how you cried, like you could go on for hours.

"Sir," The nurse was getting impatient.

"Yes?" He looked at her.

"Would you like to be wheeled back to your room?" She told him once more.

"I have to stay with my best friend for right now." he then resumed to looking at you.

Beep Beep.

"I am sorry sir, but you have no choice. The doctor paged me saying that he has to check up on you. So i am afraid  that i have to go to your room."The nurse started to push him down the hall.

"wait, please i need to stay with her i need to be with her right now," He turned around while the nurse was still pushing him.

"Even if it meant watching my best friend cry and not being able to do anything." He only thought this but did not say it to the nurse only because it was personal.

~End of flashback~

You gathered yourself up, clasping your hands together, you put them between your thighs sighing, you looked up.

while looking up you felt the weight on the bench shift, you looked over your shoulder "Luhan.."

He looked up at you with his angelic smirk, "Ne?"

You felt like melting and slipping through the crevasses of the bench, "I thought you left with the rest of your group."

"I actually was in the bathroom when all of you guys went down here," He smiled. Then he continued, "So who's room is it anyway?"

"This is actually my sister's room." You looked at him, while placing a strand of hair behind his ears.

"What is she here for?" He asked curiously.

"Actually, I don't really no. I just witnessed my sister have a seizure though." You looked down letting the strand of hair that you had just placed letting it fall back.

Luhan stepped in front of you, knelt down, and brushed the strand of hair from your face. you looked at him while his hands had cupped your face.

"Be strong." He stood up and reached his hand out to you. You grabbed his hand and stood up.

You bowed, "Thank you." He shoved his hands in his back pockets and swiftly turned, making his way toward the elevator.

You watched as he stopped at the elevator, then pressed the button. The immediate ding didn't only startle him but also you, it make you laugh at his flinch.

Luhan stepped inside the elevator and turned around. As the elevator doors were closing he waved to you until the doors were fully closed. You sighed and pushed your hair out of your face. Turning around your faced the door. You closed your eyes an slowly twisted the knob.

You entered the air conditioned room and walked quietly toward a chair. Picking it up you brought it close to Selca's bed. You sat down and brushed your sister's hair out of her sleeping face, "Hi Selca, I has been a while hasn't it? I really hope you will get better." You once again clasped your hands together and placed them between your thighs. You looked toward your brother's direction and smiled, "And you my brother," Then you left it at that.

Knock, Knock.

Your glance looked toward the door, waiting for who it was.

It was your sister's doctor.

You stood up and bowed, he did the same. You rushed toward your brother's side and shook him gently, "Jihyun Oppa, wake up please." You then looked back at the doctor who was previously looking at his papers that he was holding, but he looked up and you gave him a cheeky smile. He continued to look at you and your glance traced back to your brother.

You cracked your neck and then you shook your brother fiercely, "WAKE UP NOW."

"What the h-," he told you and then looked away. Only to see the doctor looking.

"OMO, Dr. Lee," He bowed and the doctor bowed once more.

"I am sorry to interrupt you but i came with some very important news." He handed your brother the papers and you quickly rushed to his side to see it.

You looked at a paper full of graphs and charts, "I'm sorry, but i don't completely understand this."

The doctor walked toward you and pointed to the graphs and charts, " These record what has been happening to your sister's body over time."

"Then what is this big plunge?" Your brother looked up at Dr. Lee.

"Oh, see this is what i needed to talk to you about." He responded, "You see i tested her on how she was walking which seemed fine, Until her legs became quite numb. She fell down quite a lot and she couldn't pick herself back up. Now Jihyun, You said that she can talk right?"

"Yeah," Jihyun responded.

"I did some research on her and asked her to talk and there were very many different things going on in her voice and i asked her to repeat it but it seemed like she must have already forgotten."

"She is only like 2, of course she won't remember." You defensively said.

"Then i took an x-ray of her brain."

Every thing went dark and silent.

The doctor had placed the x-ray on the light.

"You see this right here." Dr. Lee asked.

You and your brother shook heads.

"That is a brain tumor." The doctor the light and you  just stared at the picture.

Dr. Lee continued to talk but you didn't listen, You didn't want to listen.

"Thank you for your time." Dr. Lee got up and bowed. We did the same and he left.

As soon as he left you heard a weeping. You turned around to see that your brother, had just broken down on the right hand side of Selca's bed.

You reached your hand out to him, then they dropped to your side.

You went to the hallway not wanting to see anything. You closed the door and took out your phone. Frantically searching through your contacts you found a name that you could actually confide in.

You pressed enter and the number was dialed.

The number was dialed and you waited.

"Hello?" The voice picked up.

You just broke down once more.

"______-ah, Is that you?"

You continued to cry into the phone.

"Aish, _____-ah, please don't cry."

You continued to talk to the person on the phone.

The thing was though, it wasn't your best friend.

It wasn't Jong Hyeon.

:::::::::::::::::::

Any guesses?

Comment on who you think it is and maybe if your answers are good i will probably change who she was talking to.