Chapter 1

Pay phone

"Mom?" you came down the staircase, gripping onto the railing, preparing for the news of why there were so many boxes.

"______-ah," your mother said wiping the sweat away from her forehead, as she looks up from what she was previously doing, Packing.

"What are you doing?" You asked gripping the railing more than before.

"Oh, this? Your father didn't tell you yet?" her eyebrows began to rise and she waited for you to respond.

You shook your head side to side indicating, the answer, no.

"Oh dear," Your mother put one hand on her hip and another to her forehead.

"Why, what is wrong?" You let go of the railing at started to walk towards her leaning your head slightly to the side.

Your mother put the loose strand of hair behind her ear and sat down on the floor. She then patted a space on the floor telling you to sit next to her. You quickly walked toward her, sat down, and flattened your skirt.

"Well Honey," your mother turned to face you, "Your father and i are going over seas... To live there."

Your face went blank and slowly blinked a couple times.

"When?" is all you could manage to say.

"In a week's time, maybe even sooner." She responded looking away and continued to pack the rest of the things in that area.

You scoff and look away. You gather yourself up and stand. Looking down to see the top of her head, you walk away.

You walked past the table that held your backpack. As you walked past it you quickly grabbed it and headed out the door.

"Where are you going?" Your mother asked to your back. Your head spun around as soon as you heard her and let go of the doorknob.

You swiftly turned around with you back pack hanging off one of your shoulders.

"I, am going out." You told here sassily.

"(Says your full name) is that the tone you use with your mother? Besides, you didn't tell me you were going."

"Mom," You rolled your eyes, "I am the one that didn't tell? I think that going over seas is so much more major than me walking out the door to go out."

"Fine, go ahead." she lifted her arms and then swiftly dropped them as she finished her sentence.

You proceeded to the door and twisted the knob. You stepped one foot out the door, into the open world and then paused.

You wanted to turn around to apologize but then you decided not to and stepped fully into the big blank world, closing the door behind you.

You went to that one person's house who seems to know you better than anyone else and luckily enough, it was your best friend, Jong hyeon (you know that guy from jungle fish 2.).

You ran to his house and rang his doorbell.

He opened the door and before he could say anything you jumped into his arms and was speechless.

"Whoa, are you okay?" He asked you trying to pry you off of him and looking into your face.

"Mom and Dad are leaving." You whimpered inside of his chest. He stopped trying to pry you off of him and then just embraced your hug.

"When are they leaving?" He said at the top of your head.

"In a week or maybe even less?" you picked up your head from his chest to look at him.

"OMO." He had worried eyes.

You pulled away from his grasp and walked into his house.

You saw his mom cleaning the counter and you bowed to her, she bowed back and smiled, "_______-ah, how is your family?"

"Well, Selca (baby sister) is doing fine, she sleeps a lot more but is fine. And Jihyun (older brother) is fine, he is getting better at school too." you answered her.

"Oh, well that is good to here-" Her phone rang, "Hold on okay, Hello?" She answered her disruptive phone.

You ran upstairs to his room, threw your backpack against the wall and collapsed on his bed like you always do.

__________

You woke up with a blanket on you and the lights were off. You checked the phone in your pocket to see what time it was and it was 10 pm. You gasped and then you saw the little envelope icon in the corner of your phone. You clicked it and it was a message from your older brother, Jihyun he had said,

"WHERE ARE YOU?!? AISH JINJA, we are dropping off mom and dad at the air port and you have 30 minutes to give them your final goodbye -"

Your phone went blank and then you remembered that you didn't charge it last night. You remembered that the text said 30 minuted and it was sent 5 minutes ago.

Everyone else was asleep, you crawled out of Jong hyeon's bed and crept out of his room silently. You saw that he was passed out on his couch by the door. You always noticed that he was an extra light sleeper so you had to be extra quiet.

But you failed.

"Where are you going?" He asked trying to open one eye while rubbing the back of his neck.

"I have to go!" You kicked on your sneakers and ran around the block looking for a pay phone that you could use.

___________

You ran in the midst of the night, you ran.

Running for a phone remembering that, that was the last phone call you could ever give to your parents as they left leaving you with your siblings.

You ran as the thought of them leaving you abroad lingered in your mind, and thinking maybe they won't even see you again. 

Send you post cards, but not meet in person.

Not for the bad that they are leaving. But they know that if they stayed they would just be burdens on your shoulders.

You found a pay phone box and opened the screen divider. You slipped inside as you inserted the coins into the slot. Dialing your mother's phone number, Hearing it ring someone picked up, but it wasn't her.

"Hello?"

"Who is this?" you breathed heavily into the phone.

"This is Xi Luhan, and you?" He answered.

"This is the wrong number, Sorry." You bit your lip and swore.

Crap.

How could you forget the most important person's number?

That was the last of the change. You looked at the clock inside it and it turned 10:25.

They are gone.

You slid down the side of the door and cried.

You thought about what you had planned to say to your mother.

It went like this.

"Mom, I am so sorry for what i did and i love you. I will miss you so bad. Send some post cards okay? Well i hear that you are departing soon.

Goodbye."

___________________

Okay i was kind of skeptical in here and not that exciting but please be comment!!