02

Loveless Marriage

“YONG JAESOON!!!!”

Both of us turned over to the entrance gate. It was his mother.

“Let her go. Drop her right now.”
JaeSoon smirks “As you wish.”

The two guys let me go and they really did drop me. I landed on my . I look up and glare at him. His mother came over to me and helped me up.

“Aish don’t mind that JaeSoon. He’s just grumpy.” She helps dust the dirt off me. “JiYoon you grew up to be such a beautiful young lady.”
I blush. “Ahhhh thank you. Auntie you haven’t age at all.”

She starts giggling.

Ju Mi turns to John. “I thought your brother’s name was JunHyung?”
“So did I.”
Ju Mi starts laughing. “JaeSoon is one of my friend's grandma’s name.”

John started laughing with him. JunHyung hissed at them and they ran off.
----

“JunHyung did what?” Auntie asks.
“He fell off the tree branch and landed on top of JiYoon noona.” John explains again for the third time.

All the parents looked at each other. I wonder what they were thinking.

After dinner was finished and everything was cleaned the grown ups made us all gather up in the living room. I sat next to JuMi and John but auntie got up from her seat which was next to JaeSoon or JunHyung, what ever his name is and told me to sit in her seat.

“It’s okay auntie I-”
“Just sit JiYoon.”
“Okay.”

Both our fathers looked at us smiling and our mothers looked like they were going to cry.

“What is it?” I asked.
“I think it is time.” Auntie says.
“Time for what?” JunHyung asks.
“Don’t you guys remember when you were little…you guys said something to us and made us promise to do when you guys were older?”

We looked at each other.

“No” both of us answered.
“Show them.” My mom pointed at my dad.

He gets up and showed us a VHS. He puts it into the VCR and pressed play. An old home video of JunHyung and I appeared. I was wearing a white dress and JunHyung was in a suit.

“I do JiYoon.”

And he kissed my cheeks causing me to turn red as a tomato. We started running down the aisle.

“Mommy?” Little JunHyung asks. “When we grow up JiYoon and I are going to get married. Please let us.”

His mom and my mom started laughing. JunHyung started getting mad.

“Well if you guys don’t let us we will just have to run away together.” JunHyung pouted.

He grabs my hand and we start walking off.

My mom yells out to us “Let’s ask your dad and uncle first!”

“Really?” JunHyung asked excited.

We started to run back and went to searched for our fathers. The tape ended.

I was speechless.

“You guys aren’t going to make us get married because of this video right?” I asked.
“Well you two seem to be-”
“Nothing happened at the park.” JunHyung cut off his mom.
“We are still high school students!” I panic.
“Well we didn’t think this was going to come true but it seems like it is since you two were photograph in the park like this.”

Uncle showed us a picture from this afternoon. JunHyung was right on top of me.

“Nothing happened!” JunHyung screamed.
“Oh yeah? Show them the other one.” Auntie commanded.

OMG it was me giving him CPR. We were both speechless.

“Where did…how did you guys get these?” I ask.
“The neighbors, they wanted to warn me about your boyfriend. So they took the pictures.” My father answers.
“I saw JunHyung trying to kiss JiYoon out there earlier too.” Auntie added.
I stood up “We were kids then we didn’t know what we were doing, we’re still in high school, arrange marriages in the twenty-first century? NOTHING HAPPENED at the park …this can’t be happening.”

I storm out of the house with JunHyung following me out as he yells “You guys can’t do this to us.”