12

Loveless Marriage

DooJoon kept circling around me while DongWoon and HyunSeung watched.

DooJoon stops in front of me “So, what are you going to do?”
“Do what?” I put down the weights I was lifting.
“Are you going to use HyunAh or no?”
“I don’t want to use HyunAh, she might think that I actually want to get back with her. I’m not too sure about how I feel towards JiYoon.”
“Why don’t you go on a date with her first?” DongWoon suggested.
“Maybe I should.”

JiYoon pov

I my lamp and sat up, no matter how hard I try I couldn’t sleep. My mind was filled with JunHyung and HyunAh. I look at my clock, it was eleven already. I walked out of my room and tip toe up to the attic. I peeked in his room, he wasn’t there. I went to the living room and saw Auntie a sleep on the couch with Uncle. He was still watching the soccer game.

“Can’t sleep?”
“Yeah, I’m just going to get some tea in the kitchen would you like some?”
“Sure” Uncle gently lifts Auntie up and carried her to their room.

I started to boil the water for tea.

“Your father said you are a good drinker, would you like to drink with me tonight?”
“Sure, my father taught me well.”

Uncle chuckles at me and pats my head.

After a few shots my head felt really heavy and the room kept moving.

“Uncle…your son…is a REALLLLLLLY bad person. How…no why did he tell me to give a shot at this marriage when he clearly still has feelings for another girl.”
“Aish that kid…if he’s mean to you just beat him up.” Uncle swing his fist in front of him and laughs.
I started laughing with him “He is a bad guy…he makes my heart hurt…seeing him with the other girl…I reallllllly hate them.”
“Next time you see that girl tell her you won’t let that idiot son of mine go.”
I cross my arms on the coffee table and lay my head down. “I really hate him…he makes me worried…he makes me wait up for him…I can’t sleep if I don’t see him come in at night…I reallllllly hate him…”
Uncle reach over to my head and my hair “That idiot of mines…is a bad guy…he doesn’t really know how to express himself…please forgive him.”

JunHyung pov

I walked into the house and saw the tv still on.

“Appa?” I walked over to the living room.

He was knocked out on the couch. I looked around and saw bottles of alcohol scatter around the table. JiYoon was sitting on the ground with her head resting on the table.

“JiYoon-ah” I shook her shoulder. “Wake up”
She slightly opens her eyes. “Bad guy…I don’t like you.” She turns the other way and went back to sleep.
I could smell the alcohol in her breath. “Yah have you been drinking with my dad?” I try to wake her up again.
She sat up straight with her head tilt back. “You…go away.” And she lay her head back down.

I picked her up and carried her to her room. JiYoon kept hitting me as I walked up the stairs.

“Stop it JiYoon, we’re going to fall!”
“Let me go you..you…” She continues to hit me.

I had enough of her attacking me, I can’t take it any more so I put her on her feet before we reached her door. JiYoon stumbles inside her room and sat on the floor leaning against the bed.

“You want to sleep on the floor?”
She points at me “I realllllly hate you.”
“What are you saying?”
She started to cry “I really really really want to hate you…”
“Wae?”
“I really really really want to hate you…”
I walk into the room and squat in front of her. “Wae?” My hands reach for her cheeks to wipe her tears but she pushes them away.
“You…are a bad guy.”

JiYoon pov

The smell of coffee and eggs woke me up. I open my eyes and saw JunHyung’s face. I rub my eyes and looked again. He was still there.

“Are you real” I move my figure towards him and started poking him to check if he was real. I continue to poke him until his hand grabs mine and held it still.
“It’s real.” He mumbles out. “Do you really hate me?”

I nodded and close my eyes again…it’s real…my eyes shots back open. REAL? I sat up and look around. I was in my room and JunHyung was sleeping next to me.

“Why are you in here?”

He turns to his side with his back facing me. I kicked him and he fell off.

“YAH!”
“Don’t yah me. What are you doing here?”
“Because of you, you kept rolling off the bed yesterday so I stayed to make sure you didn’t roll off.”
I thought about yesterday “Yesterday…I don’t remember.”
“You were drunk.”

JunHyung pov

Flash back:
Even after she fell asleep her tears kept coming. So I stayed with her until she stops. I lift her head up and gave her my arm to sleep on.

“You…must of saw something huh.” I push her hair back. “Sorry, I’m a bad husband you should hate me.” JiYoon rolls over to me. “I will try harder.” I wipe her tears again “So stop crying.”
End of flash back

KiKwang kneels down to me with big watery eyes “That was so sweet”
“Yahhhhh too bad she was drunk and not awake.” YoSeob hit’s my back.
“What are you going to do next?” KiKwang ask.
“DongWoon suggested a date.”

KiKwang squeals like a girl and ran off.

JiYoon pov

I sat down next to Uncle.

“How’s your head?”
“Better…how did I get to my room yesterday?”
“I don’t know. I thought you were sleeping on the ground when I woke up you were gone.”
Auntie brought over two glasses of orange juice. “Why did you guys wait until I fell asleep to drink?”
“You get too violent when you’re drunk.” Uncle sips his juice.
Auntie playfully hits him and hands me a envelope “JunHyung said to give this to you.”
“Me, what is it?’

I open the envelope and saw a ticket. Why would he give me this? I went to my room to call him.

“I got your ticket, what do you want me to do with it?”
“Come.”
“Come?”
“I’ll meet you in the front of the opera building, bye.”

He hung up. Opera? Why are we going to see an Opera show? Date?

JunHyung pov

“Oppa!”
“Oh HyunAh”
“Are you doing anything?”
“Umm not right now.”
“Well can you help me with something?”
I hesitate.
“It’s important.”

----

“I thought you said it was important.”
“Eating is important.”
“HyunAh-”
“I have no one to eat with, my friends are busy with their boyfriends. I don’t want to eat alone, JunHyung you said we are still friends right? We are here as friends.”
I took a deep breath “Hurry up then.”

----

I look at my watch “HyunAh I have to go, I’m late.”
“Oppa you shouldn’t leave a girl alone like this.” She holds onto my hand.
“I have to go.” I stood up.

HyunAh tried to grab on to me again but she knocked over the hot tea and burned herself.

“AHHHH!”
“HyunAh! What are you doing?”

The waitress brought over some towels and help wipe her.

“Oppa it hurts.”

My phone started ringing. JiYoon.

“Where are you?”
“I’m..I’ll be right there. Wait for me.”
“They’re going to close the doors.”
“I’ll be there on time, promise.”

I hang up the phone and help HyunAh with her incident.

JiYoon pov

I sat back down in the lobby. The show was starting, and the audience was going inside the theater. The lady in front of the doors came over to me.

“Miss the show is starting.’
“Wait, I’m still waiting for someone.”
“We have to close the door. You can’t get in after the doors are closed.”
“Five more minutes.” I beg her.
“In five minutes if the person you are waiting for is not here we have to close the doors. You could choose to go in or not.”

Five minutes pass

Two of the ladies at the door came over to me “Are you going in or no? We have to close the doors now.”
I look at the time “No…it’s okay.”

They bow to me and started walking away whispering to each other.

“Ughhh she probably doesn’t even have a date.”
“Yeah just sitting out there like she had one.”

I wanted to run up to them and grab their hair bun out but I was more pist off at JunHyung.

“JiYoon-ah!”

I turned around and saw Joon.

He waves to me. “Sorry am I late?” He looks over at the door. “Ahhh seems the doors are closed.”
“It’s okay, I just want to go home.”
Joon waves to the two ladies. “I’m her date, sorry if you guys waited for nothing.”

Embarrassed the two ladies bow to us and quickly walked away.

Joon follows me out. “What are you doing here?”
“What are yu doing here?” I ask him back.
“I came to watch the show.”
“Why?”
“Because I like it. What about you got stood up?”
I roll my eyes “Go away Joon, I don’t feel like being annoyed right now.”
“I know what will make you feel better.”
“What?”

He pulls me along with him.

“Ice cream.” He pointed inside a ice cream shop.”
I took a look inside. “I don’t want ice cream.” I started walking.
“Why?” He looks in. “Oh…sorry, I didn’t know they were in there.”
“Leave me alone Joon before I hurt you.”
“Hurt me? Go ahead try.”

I turn around and swing my fist at him. Joon backs up.

“Whoa sorry, backing away, calm down JiYoon.”
I grab his coat. “Why are you backing away? You said I could hurt you.”
“Haha I was just playing. Please let me go.”

I let him go and cried. Joon was surprised seeing me cry.

“JiYoon-ah…wae?”
“You! You bad person! I hate you!” I scream out at him.

People walking around were stareing.

“JiYoon let’s go.”
“I don’t want to! I don’t like you!”
“Oh okay, calm down JiYoon. I’m leaving okay I’m leaving so stop crying.”

He waves to me and ran off.

JunHyung pov

“HyunAh, I have to go now for real this time.”
“Okay, thanks for the ice cream.”

I checked my phone. Two new texts.

Text one: The doors are closing. Hurry.
Text two: You’re late…I’m heading home.

---------------

As soon as I came in the door slippers started flying towards me.

“Umma! Stop.”
“JiYoon said she won’t beat you up so I will.” She slaps my behind “How could you stood her up!”
“AH mom that hurts.”
“Go apologize!”

She didn’t stop hitting me until I reach the top of the stairs. She pushes me to JiYoon’s door.

“JiYoon-ah I’m coming in.” I push the door before she answered.
“I didn’t say yes.”
“Too late I’m already in.”
She didn’t turn to look at me she was just fiddling with something in her hands. “What do you want?”
I took a deep breath. “Tonight, something came up.”
“It must have been important, don’t apologize I don’t want to hear it.”
“Are you mad?”
“No, I don’t even like opera. You should have bought tickets to a movie instead, that way if you didn’t show up I would have gone in without you so people working there won’t say stuff about me like I’M PRETENDING TO HAVE A DATE!” She threw the thing she was fiddling with at me. “It was embarrassing.”
“Yah why are you touching my cars?”
“You shouldn’t have promise me if you were going to break it anyways.”
“I didn’t know I was going to.”
“That’s why you shouldn’t promise!”
“Why are you yelling? We could go next time.”
“Don’t even bother, just go with HyunAh. You will end up going with her anyways.”
“…JiYoon-ah…”
“GET OUT!”