19

Loveless Marriage

19.

I ran up to JunHyung and grab his hand.

“Why didn’t you wait for me?” He didn’t answer. “Why are you mad? We can share a room after graduation. You’re acting like I said I never sleep with you.” I laugh but he kept walking.

He lets go of my hand as soon as we reached inside. He didn’t even wait until I said bye to leave.

I yell out his name “JUNHYUNG!” he turns around. I whisper “Saranghae”. He looks at me confused, he didn’t hear me. I wave bye and ran to class.

JunHyung pov

KiKwang was about to wave to me but he stop “Uh-oh mad JunHyung has resurface.” He ran to his desk.
“Argument again?” YoSeob asks.
“I don’t want to talk about it.” I took my seat.
HyunAh turns back to me. “You want to go to the underground club today? Sidus is really getting annoying, they keep asking me to bring you.”
KiKwang scoot over to me. “I heard tonight they have one of those battles for money.”
I flip open my book “Sure why not.”

-----

Later at night….

I look inside JiYoon’s room and knocked on her door. “I’m going to go hang out with the guys.”
She looks up from her book “Where, can I come?”
I thought about it. She wouldn’t like it plus there are tons of y teens there. “No”
“Why? I will behave myself.”
“No, I’ll be back later.”
She pouts “Don’t even bother coming back.”
I turn to her “If I don’t you’ll miss me.”
She stuck out her tongue at me and went back to reading her book.

-----

YoSeob, KiKwang and I crowd around the dance floor and watch as the teams before us dance. They were good but we could do it better. We whisper to each other as we watch. It was our first time joining in one of these dance battles but people remember me from the other night rapping so we didn’t feel too nervous. We even go groupies already.

“What should we call ourselves?” KiKwang ask?
“You’re AJ, JunHyung’s Joker what am I?” YoSeob ask?
We thought about it for a while. “YoSeob you just be YoSeob we can be…BEST!”
“BEST?” KiKwang ask
“What kind of name is that?” YoSeob ask. “Wait why don’t I have a stage name? Let me be YangYo.”
“What should we be then? Do you two got a better suggestion and YoSeob be whatever you want it’s your name.”
They both look at each other and shook their heads.
KiKwang pout “Fine let’s be called BEST then.”
“OK! We are the BEST then” YoSeob happily jumps.
The DJ called us over “What’s your name? Group?”
“BEST”
He looks at me like really? “Not bad…Next up the newest group BEST!! Be nice to them it’s their first time.”
KiKwang took a deep breath “Let’s do this”
YoSeob push him into the dance floor first “You go in first then.”

I follow them into the middle and the crowd was divided on how they felt about us. Half of them boo and half of them cheer BEST. The music started playing and I started to sweat. This is it. Random dancing here and there and then the music stops(a/n: sorry I don’t know how to write dance scenes -_-). We did our ending pose and breathe heavily as the crowd just stood there looking at us. How did we do? Did we ?

The DJ starts to chuckles “I guess we didn’t need to go easy on them at all now did we? New group? I think we been fooled they look like a professional dance team to me.”
The crowd started cheering “BEST BEST BEST”

We ran backstage and stare at each other not talking just trying to catch our breath.

“What just happen out there?” YoSeob ask.
“I’ll tell you what happen…WE’RE THE BEST!!” KiKwang jumps.
“Calm down we still have to wait to see if we won.”
“I already know we won look how the crowd responded!” YoSeob happily jumps.
The DJ starts talking again “Okay let’s get the votes in…for the girl battle winner is 4minute!!”
“Hey isn’t that the group HyunAh is training with?” KiKwang ask.

We look out and saw HyunAh with three other girls.

“OK now for the guys…I must say this is a very close win but I can’t believe it…our new champs for the guys this week BEST!”
The crowd started to cheer “BEST BEST BEST we want the BEST!”
YoSeob looks at me then KiKwang “I knew it! I knew it!” He ran out to the stage first.

KiKwang and I followed him and appeared in front of hundreds of people calling out our group name. This was such an amazing feeling. People calling our names and cheering, it was breath taking, I wouldn’t mind if I experience this every weekend.

JiYoon pov

I walked in and out of my room bored. Why didn’t he let me go with him? I went inside John’s room and found him laying on the floor looking at his celing.

“What are you doing?”
“Being bored…noona what are you doing?”
“Same thing.”
He stood up. “Since it’s getting warm already, let’s go out for ice cream. My treat and don’t worry I won’t tell JunHyung we went on a date.”
I chuckle “Sure why not.”

We walked hand in hand to go get ice cream. This time since it was warm outside we didn’t stay inside the store, we walked back home and sat outside.

“Noona…are you leaving?”
“Leaving, I’m not sure.”
“I think you should stay, I like you. You play with me and take me out for ice cream.”
I ruffle his hair “Noona likes you too. But I keep having this feeling inside that this isn’t right.”
“Whatever noona do I will be happy as long as you are happy.”
“Thank you John.”

----

I sat at the dinner table and looked at the time. It was already one in the morning and he wasn’t back yet. I flip open my phone and dial his number but I close it again. I shouldn’t bother him. I lay my head on my cross arms on the table and close my eyes. I’ll stay here for a little bit longer. After closing my eyes I drifted off to sleep.

“JunHyung!” I ran over to him and grab his arm “JunHyung”

He didn’t look at me he push me away and started walking away. I stood up and ran after him but I wasn’t getting anywhere. I ran faster but I was still in the same spot while JunHyung walked farther and farther away. It felt as if I was on a treadmill I was running but I was getting anywhere.

I called out his name one more time “JUNHYUNG!” but he disappears into a crowd of people.


I heard him whisper my name “JiYoon-ah”

I open my eyes and saw JunHyung next to me. I was in my bed. I turn on to my side to face him.

He held onto my hand. “Bad dream? you were tossing and turning."
I scoot closer to him “Uh-huh”
He pushes my hair back “Don’t worry I’m here.”
I nod my head and fell back to sleep.

When I woke up the next day I found him still in my bed sleeping. I stared at him and thought about the dream I had. Usually I don’t remember my dreams but this one was very clear in my head. Did it mean something? I grab onto one of his hand and squeeze it. I don’t want that dream to come true. He opens his eyes and places his free hand on my cheek.

“Awake?”
“Uh-huh”
He pulls me in to hug me. “Don’t get up yet.”
I hug him back “If this is a dream I don’t ever want to wake up.”

JunHyung pov

I bang on the door again “Hurry up JiYoon I got to go.” I dance around the hallway. I really had to pee.
John came out of his room “Why are you doing the I have to go pee dance?”
“Because I have to go.”

He went back inside his room and my phone started vibrating.

Text message: HYUNG!!! Sidus wants’ us too!!