18

Loveless Marriage

18.

The cold water I splash on my face finally woke me up. Even though I was awake I still felt as if I was dreaming. My fingers touch my lips…did he really kiss me here? I look at the mirror and saw his bite mark. He really bit me? I splash cold water on my face again and dry off.

I walk back into my room and lean on the closed door. He was still sleeping on my bed. This isn’t a dream. I slowly side walk to the chair across the foot of the bed and sat down. For a while I just stared at him. He really kissed me last night.

He rolled over to my empty side of the bed and reaches his hand out to me but I wasn’t there. He sat up and saw me across from him.

He stuck out his hand “Come here”
I shook my head no.
“Wae? I promise I won’t bite.”
“I don’t want to.”
He raises one of his eyebrows “Should I come get you then?”
“No”
He lies back in bed “I’m not getting up then.”
“Get up we have to get ready for school.”
“No”
“Stop acting like a little kid.”
“I don’t want to and you can’t make me.”
I stood up and walked over to his side “Hurry”
He kept his eyes closed and answers “Kiss me. I’m sleeping beauty kiss me and I’ll wake up.”
“I don’t want to.”
“I’m not getting up then.”
I walked out with my uniform in my hand “I’m going to get ready. When I get back you better be up already.”

I walk back in after getting dressed and covering up his bite mark, he was still sleeping. I walk over to him and kiss his cheeks.

He smacks his lips “Haven’t you watch sleeping beauty before? That’s not where the prince kisses sleeping beauty.”
“Really” I pinch his cheeks.
He sat up “Ahhh I’m up I’m up.”
“Good, now hurry up. I’m going down stairs.”

----------

On the way to school he held on to my hand. Well he had always held on to my hand on the way to school, no more like dragging me along with him but today he held on to me and walked as slow as he could. I ended up being the one dragging him to school. Even when we enter the school he wouldn’t let go of my hand.

“Let go of my hand. You don’t need to walk me to class.”
“I feel like it.”
“But you walk too slow. We will be late for class.”
“I just want to be with you for a bit longer.”
“We live together we can be together later.” I pull my hand away. “YoSeob KiKwang!” I saw them and waved.
“Hi-Yum!” KiKwang waves back to me.
I look at JunHyung “Your friends are here, I’m going now.” I wave to them “Bye”

JunHyung pov

YoSeob step closer to me “So…what happen yesterday?”
I smile “Nothing”
“OH HOHOHO NOTHING you say why are you smiling then?” KiKwang ask wiggling his eyebrows at me.
“I’m not telling you.” I walked away.

The two dummies followed me whispering and giggling to each other. We got in class a little late but the teacher wasn’t there yet either. I took my seat behind HyunAh.

She turns around to me. “So are you going to that underground club again?”
“Me? I don’t know.”
“Well I just want to let you know they really like you and want to see more from you.”
“I’m still thinking about it.”
“Why? You like rapping and they are willing to take you in as a trainee. People will kill for your chance.”
“I know but have you forgotten I’m married.”

----------

After school I waited for JiYoon and we walked home. On the way home she stops us.

“Let’s go see a movie.”
“Movie?”
“Uh-huh. We never had been on a date before. Well you stood me up last time.” She pouts.
“Fine let’s go watch a movie, stop bring up the past.”

I held onto her hand and pulled her in.

JiYoon pov

I cover my eyes in fear. Why did he have to pick a scary movie? I grab onto his arm and hid my face. He tilts his head and places it on top of mine.

I scold him “You better not be enjoying this.”
“I’m not. It hurts me to see you scared.” He started chuckling.
I pinch his side. “You picked this movie on purpose didn’t you?” A girl from the film screamed and I held onto him tighter. “I don’t like you right now.”
He puts his arm around me. “You can punish me later.”

--------

As we walked home I kept looking around us to see if anything scary will pop out at us.

“It’s okay it was just a movie nothing will pop out.”
“Great I won’t be able to sleep tonight.”
“You have me. I’ll be with you, you don’t have to be scared.”
“Who said we are sharing a bed again?”
“What? Where am I sleeping then?”
“You have a room.”
“I don’t want to.”
“It’s your punishment!” I hit his arm.
He suddenly stops walking “OMG did you see that?”
“What?” I held onto his arm.
“Stay still.” He held on to me.
I look around and saw nothing “I don’t see anything…YAH! You lie just to hug me.” I push him away and started walking.

JunHyung follow behind me and started laughing.

--------

I quickly ran to my room to close the door but his hand stop the door before I completely close it.

“Are you for real? You want me to sleep in my room?”
“Yeah I’m for real.” I try pushing the door to close.
“We’re married.”
“I don’t care we’re high school students.”
“You said you would be scared.”
“I’m more scared of you.”
Offended he stops trying to keep the door from closing “FINE!”
I poke my head back out of the door “Don’t be mad, I’m the one who’s mad.”

The next morning something kept tickling my neck. I brush my neck but nothing and then I felt pain. My eyes shot open to see JunHyung. Was he biting me again?

“AHHH it hurts.” I hit his chest.
“Good morning.”
“What are you doing?”
“The one I gave you before was fading.”
“Why did you even bite me in the first place?”
He whispers “Because you are mine.”
I hit him again “You are mine too does that mean I get to bite you too?”
“Go ahead.” He tilts his head to the side.

Instead of biting I karate chop his neck.

“OUCH! That hurts.” He covers up his neck with his hand.
“Biting hurts more.”
JunHyung pins my arms down on my side. “Sorry”

He leans down to kiss me but I turn my head away to the door where I saw someone standing there.

Auntie slowly walk back out “Continue what you two were doing.” She close the door again. “Honey…HONEY where’s my camera.”

I lift my head up “Why are you not letting me go?” I head him.
He fell to the side holding his head. “That hurts!”
“That’s what you get!”

I stood up and ran to the bathroom. After washing up Auntie and Uncle sat us down to talk.

“Are you two…sharing a bed?” Uncle asks uncomfortably.
“No”
“Yes”
I looked at JunHyung “No”
“But we’re married.”
“We’re in high school.”

Auntie and Uncle looked at each other confused.

I stood up “We should wait until we’re out of high school.”
“Why? I won’t do anything to you.”
“Then why do we need to share a bed then?”
JunHyung open his mouth but nothing came out he thought about it for a while. “Because…just because.”

I push my chair back in and walked back up to my room. JunHyung followed me in and pulls me into his embrace.

“Because…I…want to hold you and watch you sleep.”
I lightly pinch his cheeks. “Were you embarrassed to say that in front of your parents?”
He nodded.
I pinch his cheeks harder “My answer is still NO.”