20

Loveless Marriage
20.

“So Sidus wants all of us?”
KiKwang stops lifting his weights “Yeah they’re trying to make a new boy band.”
“What did you guys say to them? Are you two going to do it?” I ask them.
“I’m going to do it. I thought about it for the past couple of days. I don’t have much interest in school so I want to get this a try.” KiKwang nodded.
YoSeob took a sip of his water “My parents want me to run their restaurant but I always wanted to be a singer. If being an idol doesn’t work I can always come back to run the restaurant.”
“Hyung what about you?” KiKwang ask.
“I…don’t know. How can I be and idol? I’m married, have you ever heard of a married idol before debut? Think of all the headlines it will create in the news. I think JiYoon won’t be too happy since I’ll always be gone. Besides my parents are expecting me to run the company.”
“But…JunHyung what do you want to do? You mention JiYoon and your parents but what about you?” YoSeob ask.
“I…being on stage is…such a good feeling, people calling your name, listening to your music, recognizing your face everywhere you go. It feels so magical…”
KiKwang continue his weight lifting “I told them that we would go met them after thinking about it and talking to our parents. Since we’re graduating next month they want us to give them answers next month. So think about it JunHyung. Before we meet them again for possibility being a trainee they want us to continue to go to the underground club.”

JiYoon pov

The teacher pass out some forms and started talking “Please fill in your future goal plans and bring them over to me in my office when you are done. In a few days you will be out of here and into the real world. Have a good day class dismiss.”

The bell rings and he walks out. I look at the form and quickly filled in the spaces. I knew what I wanted to do. I wanted to teach, I wanted to help little kids learn. I stood up and walked over to the teacher office to turn it in. After turning it in I walked pass a cubical and heard JunHyung.

“JunHyung I gave that form to you last week. Didn’t you talk to your parents?”
“I just forgot it. I talked to them already.”
“Bring it next week then.”
“Neh”

I walked out to the hall and waited for him. JunHyung came out with his head down. He was looking at the ground and didn’t even notice me standing in front of him.


“JunHyung”
He looks up at me “What are you doing here?”
“I came to talk to my teacher. You?”
“Same” He held out his hand and force out a smile “Let’s go home.”

-----------Next week, graduation over, Friday night-----

I watch as JunHyung his collar. Why was he doing this in my room? He turns around to face me and smirks. He walks over and started to his shirt as he walk.

“What are you doing?” I close my eyes.
He took my right hand and places it on his chest. “I’ve been working out. It’s not squishy anymore.”
I open my eyes and “I’ve seen better.”
“What? Who?” He wraps his arms around my waist “I should be the only guy you look at”
I gave him a quick peck on the lips. “I should be the only one to see this chest then.”
“Well…I can’t guarantee that.”
I push him away “Well then I can’t guarantee that I won’t look at other guys too then. Lately idols been going topless in magazines.”
He buttons back up his shirt and laughs. “Idols are ok you know why? You will never get the chance to see them shirtless in real life.” He took out a box from the closet and pull out a pair of shoes.
“Where are you going?”
“…Hang out with the guys.”
“You won’t let me come along?
He thought about it “Nope guys only.” He waves to me “See you later”
“Bye”

I walk out to John’s room and peek in.

“John…wanna go out for ice cream?”
“Ice cream?” John was lying on the ground looking up at his ceiling.
“Yeah”
“Noona you should just dump JunHyung and marry me. I’m always going on ice cream dates with you.”
“I think I should do it but I’m too old for you.”
“It’s okay I guess, I like our ice cream dates.”

John got up and we walked out of the house holding hands. We order our usual and walked back home slowly devouring our ice cream cones.

“JiYoon?”

I turn around and saw HyunAh with JiHyun.

“Hey, what are you guys doing here?”
“We’re here for ice cream too. JunHyung isn’t with you two?” JiHyun ask.
“JunHyung he said he was hanging out with the guys.”
“Why aren’t you with him then?” HyunAh ask.
“He said it was for guys only.”
“DooJoon said I could come” JiHyun confusedly stated.
“Really?” I ask confused also, why did he lie to me?
“Do you want to come? Come with us.” HyunAh ask.
I look at John “I have to take John home first.”
“Sure, we’re going to get ice cream you can take him home and comeback we’ll be here waiting.” JiHyun suggested.
“I’ll be back then.” I grab John’s hand and we walked back home.

A club? The doors open and the loud music pierce my ears making it hard to hear what other’s were saying. HyunAh and JiHyun started dancing to the music and cheering. HyunAh mouth something to me but I couldn’t hear her.

“What?”

She came over to me and took me closer to the stage. There were two guys dancing and one rapping in the middle.

She screams into my ear “Look closely” she pointed to the stage.
I squinted my eyes at the stage. “JunHyung…” I made my way closer to the stage. I couldn’t believe my eyes, is it really him? KiKwang and YoSeob were dancing next to him.
HyunAh yells into my ear “He’s good huh.”
I nodded “Like a superstar…like an idol.”

The music ended and a MC came out to talk to them.

HyunAh took my back a couple steps. “Too bad he declined his chance for stardom. He could have been a huge star.”
“He decline? When did he even have a chance?”
“He didn’t tell you?”
“Tell me what?”
She pointed to a guy in a suit sitting on the upper level of the club. “He’s the CEO of Sidus, he offer JunHyung a chance at stardom.”
“Why didn’t he take it then?”
“You really want to know?” HyunAh asks smiling.
I nodded.
“You”
“ME?”
Her facial expression was serious now “He’s married, have you ever seen a married person become an idol? You’re stopping him, you’re the reason. If you weren’t here maybe he would of followed his dream and accepted the offer.” She smiled at me and backed away.

I turn to the stage and look to confirm once more if it really was JunHyung. It was really him. He was smiling to the cheers the crowd was giving him for his answers. The MC was asking them questions.

“Okay the question every girl in here wants to know. JunHyung do you currently have a girlfriend?”

The crowd roars with cheers. JunHyung smiles, I never seen him smile this much before.

He puts the mic to his lips “Currently…no”

NO? My heart started to uncontrollably beat. I felt like crying, I was hurt. The crowd roars again with girls cheering. KiKwang seem to have notice me and he stiffen up.

The MC laughs “Whoa crowd please calm down you guys seem to have scared KiKwang.”
KiKwang nervously laughs into his mic “Yeah, the crowd is unusually supportive tonight.”

JunHyung looked over at KiKwang and looks over to where KiKwang was looking at, me. Our eyes met and he stiffens up as well. The MC ended the questions and I finally broke our gaze and walk over to HyunAh and JiHyun. The rest of the gang was there too. The atmosphere got weird and awkward.

“I should leave, you guys must feel awkward with me here. Bye.” I force out a smile and headed for the doors.

“JiYoon-ah” JunHyung stops me before I actually got out of the club.
I turn to him but his eyes were wandering around the room, he couldn’t look at me. “You were really good…I didn’t know you were that good. I didn’t even know you knew how to rap.”
“Let’s get out of here.” He held on to my hand but I push his hand away.
“It’s okay you stay I’ll go.” I couldn’t look at him anymore. I stared at my shoes, if I look at him I might end up crying and screaming at him.
“I’m hungry let’s eat something.”
“I’ve eaten already, go eat with your friends.”
“I want to eat with you.” He reaches for my hand again but the CEO and HyunAh came out from behind him.
“JunHyung there you are.” HyunAh calls out.
The CEO stops and pointed at me. “Who’s this?...Girlfriend?” He worriedly asks.
“Umm…she’s…”
“I’m his fan” I cut JunHyung off. “I’m just a fan. I don’t think I match him, don’t you think so too?” I ask the CEO.
The CEO laughs “He’s handsome he fits with anybody.”
“I’ll be going then, I stop him for an autograph but I don’t have pen or paper. Sorry for wasting his time.” I bow to the both of them and exit out of the club.

I cried on the way home.

JunHyung pov

The CEO lets out a sigh of relief. “Oh JunHyung you scared me there for a second. I thought she and you were boyfriend and girlfriend. I can’t believe this so many fans even before debut. Have you thought about my offer yet? Maybe I should call your parents.”
“No, I’ll take care of it.”
“Well then make sure to give me a definite answer soon. The sooner the better.” He pats my back and left HyunAh with me.
“I’m sure JiYoon understands you and your parents will support you. Hurry up and come join.”