08

Loveless Marriage

08

YoSeob place his hand on my forehead. “Are you sick?”
I remove his hand “No, I’m perfectly fine.”
KiKwang looks at me and tilt his head. “Hyung I thought you said you will never work out again?”
“Yeah, plus you already got a wife you don’t need to look good anymore. You can’t flirt with girls anymore.” YoSeob pointed out.
“She’s exactly the reason I’m doing this.”
KiKwang wiggles his eyebrows at me. “Really?”

I ignore the two dummies, who were whispering and laughing to each other and started lifting weights.

“It’s just a loveless marriage!”
They stop talking. “What?”
“This marriage…it means nothing okay.”
“So it’s like you’re still single…but then your not.” KiKwang pointed it out
“I will be in a year. I just have to put up with her for a year.”
“WOW” YoSeob said with big bug eyes.

JiYoon pov

“Okay class for your next science project you will choose a parter and work on it together.”

I turn to Lizzy. “Let’s be partners.”
“Ummm I told Nana I would be her’s. SORRY!”
“Oh…it’s okay.”
Joon walks over “Be mine then.”
“What? Yours?”
“Yeah I need a partner.”

Before I even got the chance to say no he pulls me up and drags me to his desk.

JunHyung pov

“Hey it’s JiYoon” KiKwang pointed inside the library.
I look in “What the fu*k is he doing with her?”
I walk up to JiYoon and grab her wrist. “What are you doing? Get up.”

I signal for YoSeob to grab her things.

She pulls back “Why?”
“Because you’re mine. You do as I say.”
Joon held on to her other wrist. “She’s not going anywhere.”
“Shut up Joon.” I turn to JiYoon “Get up.”
“We need to study. We’re science partners!”
“I don’t care, I’ll find you a different partner.”
She got out of my grip. “No. I’ll come home as soon as I’m done.”
“You really want me to carry you out of here?” I threaten her.
Joon stood up “Don’t worry I don’t take what’s already taken.”
I laugh “Really? Are you fu*king me?”

He’s so funny, what about HyunAh? You didn’t take her while I was still dating her?

JiYoon stood up. “Fine! I’ll go home gosh.” She turns to Joon “I’ll call you.”
She pushes me out of her way and grabs her things from YoSeob.

JiYoon pov

I can’t believe he made me leave my study time with Joon and he didn’t even come home. Jerk.

“I’m home!”

I took off my shoes and ran to the kitchen. No one was there. I walk up stairs, it was quiet. I change out of my school uniform and walk back down. On the fridge I saw a note.

Sorry we have to go to a parent dinner meeting so eat without us. Can you two go pick up John from his friend’s house at 6:00pm. See you guys later.
Love, Mom and Dad

I stick the note back on to the fridge. JunHyung wasn’t home either so I was home alone. I look at the clock it was only 5:00pm. I’m not too familiar with the roads yet so I headed out incase I get lost and didn’t show up in time to pick John up.

JunHyung pov

“I’m home”

The house was dark.

“Mom?”

I walk to the kitchen, no one. I walk up to JiYoon’s room, she wasn’t there.

“Did they go some where?”

I came back to the kitchen and saw the note. I look at the clock it was already 6:30pm. Could she have gone to pick up John? I called her phone. Her ringtone started going off. I follow the sound to the living room. She left her phone? The door bell started ringing.

“JiYoon?”

I open the door and saw John with his friend and his mother.

“Huh? JiYoon didn’t come pick you up?”
“Noona, no.”

I thank his friend’s mother and brought him in.

“Where did she go then?”

Did she run off? Sighs…she better not be with Joon.

JiYoon pov

OMG I’m lost. I look to my left then to my right. It looks the same. I close my eyes and spin my self to see where I should go. I stop spinning and open my eyes. I walked for about another thirty minutes and got out of the neighborhood I was stuck in. Now I was in front of a big road. I squat down wanting to cry.

“JiYoon?”

I look up and saw JiHyun with HyunAh.

“What are you doing here?” JiHyun ask.
“Are you waiting for JunHyung?” HyunAh ask.
“Well…this is embarrassing but I’m lost. I came to pick up John but I got lost in the neighborhood and now I’m here.”
“Oh. Well we can take you home.” JiHyun offers.
I stood up happy “Thank you.”
HyunAh points at my bag. “Hey that’s mine..” She quickly covers .

She was pointing to the bow key chain JunHyung gave me the other day.

“Oh, JunHyung gave it to me. If it’s yours then he must have picked it up by mistake.” I started to take it off my bag.
She quickly stops me “No I meant it looks like mine. I’m sure it’s not.”
“Well let’s get you home then.” JiHyun broke the awkwardness aura.

JunHyung pov

Mom and dad came home. Where was JiYoon? Did she get lost? Mom’s gonna freak out when she finds out.

“Hi guys. Where’s JiYoon?”

John and I look at each other, what were we going to tell mom?

Dad looks at us “Is something wrong?”
“JiYoon?” Mom calls. “JiYoon I’m home. If they were mean to you come tell me I’ll punish them.”
John got scared and yells out “Noona is missing!”
“What?” Mom came over to John “What did you say?”
“Noona…is missing.”
She grabs my shirt “Where is she? Where did you take her?”
My dad pulls my mom away “Calm down. JunHyung weren’t you here with her?”
“No. She came home first. When I got here she was gone already. She left her phone on the table.”
My mom started to freak out “Oh my lord what are we going to do. I’m pretty sure she’s lost. She’s been here for two weeks only she doesn’t know the roads well. Call the police, no better yet the army!”
“Calm down now. Let’s try to go look for her first.” Dad sat my mom down.

John rose his finger up and pointed at the door. We turn our attention to the door, JiYoon.

“I’m home”

She sounded tired and not like her usual loud self. Was she still mad about earilier?

“What are you guys doing?” She asks.
My mom got up and ran over to hug her “Where did you go? I was so worried.”
“I got lost trying to go pick John up. But I eventually found the way back home.”
“So you’re okay?” Mom asks.
She nodded “I’m just tired. I’m going to go to bed early.”
“Okay.” Mom hugs her again and lets her go.

JiYoon pov

Flashback to thirty minutes ago…..

JiHyun’s phone started to ring. “Hello? Ughhh now? You want to talk now? Fine.” She looks at Hyunah and I. “Sorry I have to go, HyunAh can take you home okay?”

“It’s fine.”

JiHyun wave to us and left. It was awkward between us I don’t know why but I didn’t have a good feeling towards her.

“So you know right?” HyunAh ask me.
“Know what?” I ask her confused.
“That JunHung and I use to date.”

I stop and think, she must be the one JunHyung wants to get over. I hit my head. Aish I remember now that night he said he wanted to forget HYUNAH. Why didn’t I remember that.

“Oh, I might have known.”
She smiles at me. “We can be friends right?”
“Sure…”

I look at the key chain that JunHyung had given me. Was this supposed to be hers?

“Can I ask you something?”
“Sure”
“Is this…yours?”
She smiles “It use to be or was going to be but we broke up before he gave it to me. So it’s not mines anymore. But I can’t help but think he’s not over me yet but then again he married you so he must be. But KiKwang told me he said it was just a loveless marriage…that bad guy…he must have married you to get over me. What about you?”

Flashback end

I can’t believe he gave me something that belongs to her! I grab my bag and start to take it off.

“Yah shouldn’t you be more careful with that? I gave it to you.”
“I think you gave it to the wrong person.” I hand it to him “Here give it the right person next time.”
“You know?”
“Yeah but whatever right? This is just a loveless marriage, I shouldn’t care about your past. I’m going back after a year anyways, we shouldn’t care so much about one another.”
“JiYoon-”
“It’s true anyways right? We got married to forget our ex…loveless marriage. Now we don’t have to pretend to be together in front of your friends and I don’t have to get close to them. And stop claiming me, I’m not yours. If I want to hang out with Joon then you shouldn’t care. I won’t care if you and HyunAh hang out either.”
“You can hang out with who ever you want but not Joon.”
“Why? Why do you hate him so much huh? Because he snatched HyunAh away from you, is that it? ”

JunHung threw the key chain in his hand at the window. A loud crash echo through out the house, my window was broken.

“Even if he snatches me from you, wouldn’t you be even happier? I’m out of your way. HyunAh would be single. You wouldn’t care so much since… we don’t love each other. It’s a loveless marriage.”