09

Loveless Marriage

09

“Hyung..are you still mad?” KiKwang ask.
“It’s been two weeks.” YoSeob pouted.
Sighs, I hit them both on the head. “Why did you guys go tell HyunAh that I said my marriage was a loveless marriage?”
“Well we didn’t tell her she was there so she over heard us talking.” KiKwang pouts rubbing his head.
“Well thanks to you two talking too loud and let HyunAh over hear JiYoon won’t even look or argue with me anymore.”
YoSeob scratch his head confused “Isn’t that a good thing?”

It is a good thing but it doesn’t feel right, as if I’m not satisfied if I don’t argue with her.

JiYoon pov

Two more weeks until the project is due. I lay my head down on my desk.

“I’m so dead.”
Lizzy lay her head down and turns to me. “Why?”
“I can’t work on my project.”
“Why?”
“Because JunHyung doesn’t like Joon and we got into an argument about it.”
“You know JunHyung?”
“Yeah…I never told you?”
“Ummm no. How do you know him?”
“Well…I’m kinda married to him.”
“MARRIED!” Lizzy screamed out.

The whole class looks over to us.

“Shhhhhh”
“Omg congratulations.” She happily whispers to me.
“Thanks…I think?”

Someone started to tap on my desk. I look up, Joon.

“Are we ever going to work on that project?”
“Umm I can’t do it this weekend. How about next weekend?”
“I’m busy then.”
“Well I don’t know then.” I whine.
Joon sighs “I guess we’re failing then.”

He walks away. I lay my head down again.

“No wonder you can’t do it. JunHyung hates Joon.”
“Why?”
“Because Joon took away HyunAh.”
“Oh, well I already know that. What a stupid reason.”

I lift my head up and hit my desk. This is a loveless marriage he shouldn’t care about me and what I do. I told him that the other day, I should stick to my words. I walk up to Joon and point at him.

“After school, everyday next week in the library!”

---

I ran home after school. This weekend my parents were coming to visit.

“I’m HOME!”

JuMi and John ran to the door.

John pushes JuMi forward “Noona guess who’s here.”
“JuMi!!” I ran over to hug him.

My mom and auntie came out from the kitchen.

“Home already?” Auntie asks.
“Yes”

I ran over to hug them both. JunHyung came in shortly after. Usually he stay’s out afterschool but since my parents are here I guess he’s home to see them too. He greeted my mom.

“JunHyung please bring the luggage to JiYoon’s room.” Auntie asks.
“Where am I going to sleep?” I ask.
“With JunHyung.” Mom reply.
“What?”
“You guys are married. It’s been a little over a month you two still sleep in separate beds?” Mom asks.
“They wouldn’t agree to it.” Auntie answers.

----

No matter how much I beg and try to persuade my parents to let me sleep in the room with them they wouldn’t let me. I try sneaking into John and JuMi’s room but they water gun me and I ran out. I really can’t believe they are making us share a room, even worst a bed. I came into the room holding a giant teddy bear.

JunHyung looks up at me “This bed isn’t big enough for that.”
“So.”

I ran into bed and place the teddy bear in the middle.

“I won’t do anything to you, I don’t want to.”
“Why? Oh yeah because this is just a loveless marriage right?” I ask.

He growls and threw the teddy bear off the bed. He pins my shoulders down.

“Shall we make it into a love making marriage?”
“YAH! How could you say that so easily?” I gasp “Did you do it before?”

His face suddenly changes from angry to uncomfortable. He lets me go and lay back down on his side of the bed.

I sat up. “Who was it? When? How could you? How many times did you do it…answer me!”
“Ughhhhh my first time will be tonight if you don’t stop asking me stupid questions.”
“OH” I lay back down and my feet hit his.

He kicks me back. I started kicking him and he started to kick me back. Then the worst thing that could happen happened. I kicked to high and POW hit him where it hurts the most.

His mouth was wide open and his face started to turn really red. He put his face into his pillow and screamed.

“OMG I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to.” I got out of bed and started panicking. “What do I do what do I do?”

I roll him face up and ran out to get him some water. I ran back up and when I got there he was sitting on the edge of the bed.

“Here water”
“How is water going to help?”

I place it on his desk.

He stretches out his hand “Give it here, since you brought it I might as well drink it.”

He gulps it down and hands me the cup.

“Why did you kick me down there? Don’t you want kids in the future?”
I smile “Of course” My smile starts to fade “But I won’t be having your kids…”
He looks back at me a little disappointed. “Oh yeah I forgot.”

JunHyung pov

I woke up the next morning to find JiYoon asleep on my arm as her pillow. I rub my eyes and started poking her cheek.

“Hey…get up.”

She starts and roll off the bed.

“OUCH!” She sat up and looked at me. “What time is it?”
“Eight”

She mumbles something to me and walked out.

----

After breakfast John wanted to show JuMi the water park so like always our parents made us take them. We waited for JiYoon in front of the ladies changing room. JiYoon came out with a bathing suit on.

I point at her “Yah, what do you think you’re wearing?”
“It’s called a bathing suit.”
“Go change.”
“Why? Didn’t I say that we shouldn’t care too much about each other?”
I push her back into the changing room. “Don’t come out unless you’re covered.”

She came back out with shorts and a t-shirt on.

“Happy now?” She ask with her hand on her hips.
“Yes.”

I started walking towards the pool. She followed behind me and waited for me to get near the edge then pushes me into the pool.

“YAH!” I stood up.

JiYoon starts laughing and ran off. I got out of the pool and looked for her. She’s going to regret it.

“Hyung!” JuMi ran towards me.
“JuMi what’s wrong?”
“John, he’s going to fight.”
“What?”
“There’s this kid…stole John’s toy.”

JiYoon pov

“You want to get beat up?”

That voice sounds familiar. I turn around and saw a bunch of kids all gather up in the middle of the pool. I scratch my head…now where did I hear that voice before.

“I’m telling my brother on you!”

John? I jump down and ran over to the group of kids. In the middle were John and another boy. I step over to John.

“What are you doing?”
“NOONA, he took my toy.” John pointed at the boy across from him.
“Is it true? Where are your parents?” I ask the little boy.

The boy started to cry.

“Are you sure it’s him John?” I ask.
“Yes it is him.”

Someone grabs my shoulder.

“What?” I turn around.
“That’s my little brother. What do you want from him?”
“He stole my brother’s toy.”

He looks at his brother then at me.

“I bought him that toy.”

I look at John and he shook his head no.

“Then where is my brother’s toy?”
“I don’t know lady but we haven’t seen it.”

John got impatient and charge over to the boy. He grabs on to the boy’s shoulders and start shaking him.

“Give me my toy! GIVE ME!”

The older brother pushes John down.

“HEY! You can’t do that to him, he’s a kid and look how big you are you could have hurt him!” I yell at the older brother.

I don’t even remember but I slap him across his face.

He raise his hand up to slap me back “You bi**h.”
“AHHHHHH!” I screamed at the pain in my left leg.

This was not a good time to have leg cramps. He pushes me and I fell into the water. I close my eyes as I saw his hand coming towards me. OMG is he going to hit me? My eyes were closed for a good minute before I open then again. He’s not going to hit me?

I open my eyes and saw JunHyung standing over me.

“Who do you think you’re hitting?”

JunHyung punch him once and he fell into the water. JunHyung glares at us.

“Come on John I’ll get you a different toy.”

JunHyung picks me up and carried me away. He places me on a bench and told the two kids to go change.

“Are you stupid? You could have been hurt by that guy.”
“I was-”
“Shut it I’m not done yet. Why didn’t you just apologize and go buy John a new toy? Why were you going to fight for that toy? Is that toy worth it?”
I put my head down. “Sorry.”

He sat down next to me and lifts my left leg on to his lap.

“What are you doing?” I stop him.
“You had leg cramp in the water didn’t you?”
“Yeah” I answer shyly.
“I’ll just massage it a little so you can walk.”
“It’s okay.”
“SHHHH”

I back off and let him massage my leg. He starts laughing.

“How could you have leg cramps in the middle of a fight?”
I hit his arm. “I’m already embarrassed enough don’t rub it in.”
“Don’t do something this stupid again. I won’t be able to save you all the time.”

I poke his cheek with my finger.

“What?” He asks.
“Nothing…I just wanted to see if this was real.”

JuMi and John came out.

“Let’s go home.” John whines.
“I’m tired.” JuMi follows.

He put my leg back down and squat in front of me with his back facing me.

“Get on I’ll carry you for a while.”
“Really?”
“Yes really hurry.”

I put my hands on his shoulders but retreated.

He turns to look at me “I won’t drop you…promise.”

He quickly put his arms behind my knees and lifted me onto his back.

JunHyung pov

JuMi and John kept whining as we walk home. JiYoon was limping and wouldn’t let me carry her any more since I drop her. It wasn’t intentional.

“Why are we walking so slow?” John asks.
“It’s dark already.” JuMi complain.
“Fine run then!” JiYoon yells out annoyed.

They started running off. I ran after them since they could have gotten lost. When we got in front of the house I told them to get in and ran back for JiYoon. She was sitting on a bench resting her leg.

“Are you tired? Want me to carry you again?”
“NO. I don’t want to be drop again.” She pouts and puffed up her cheeks.

I chuckle at her. It’s the first time I saw her acting cute.

“Why are you back here? I won’t get lost again I know this road. Plus didn’t we agree to not care about one another.”

Ughhh could she stop mentioning about the not caring thing. I already feel bad enough for making her cry and giving her HyunAh’s gift and telling the two dummies.

I squat down in front of her. “Come on I’ll carry you back. Our parents are waiting for us.”

We walk back quiet. I could hear her breathe and feeling her breath on my neck sent chills throughout my body. This was the reason why I dropped her before.

I swallow hard. “Since we’re going to be with each other for another eleven months lets at least try so in the end we won’t have any regrets. In front of my friends we could just be ourselves we don’t have to act all lovely and sweet like a couple. So I will care about the things you do and who you are doing them with. You could do the same to me too.”
She thought about it for a moment. “Okay…since we’re going to be stuck with each other anyways.”

We reach in front of the house and I put her down. She turns me around to face her.

“Can’t I just work with Joon for our science project? I promise I won’t befriend him.”
I roll my eyes. “Anyone but him.”
She grabs onto my hands. “But I will fail that class!”
I gave her a smirk “You’re failing that class then.”

I start walking towards the door. She follows me begging.

“Please please please please please”
“I’ll think about it.”
“It’s yes or no you don’t even have to think!”
“Really? Okay then NO!”
She starts begging again “PLEASE!!! I don’t want to fail!”
I turn around to her “Fine but where ever you two go I will be there.”
She pouts “Why? I don’t need a babysitter.”
I lean forward and whisper in her ear “I’m not a babysitter…I’m your husband.”
She pushes me away from her “Evil husband with a squishy chest!”

JiYoon pokes me a couple times in the chest before running inside.

I cover my chest offended “I’ve been working out! It’s not squishy anymore!”