01

Loveless Marriage

Please let it be real this time. I slowly open my eyes and look around. I was in wedding chapel filled with friends and family. I took a deep breath and look up at my husband but…I can’t seem to see his face. I pinch my cheek to make sure I wasn’t dreaming.

“ouch” It was real.

My husband pats my cheek and laughs, “You’re so silly.”

I start blushing and giggling. I can’t believe it I’m getting married. Everything looks like my wedding book that I had started since Elemtery School. Everything white, white silk drapes hanging everywhere, white roses and my sparkly white wedding dress with a long tail held by the ring boy and flower girl. I close my eyes again.

“Please don’t let this be a dream.”

My husband grabs my hands and says “But it is…”


I open my eyes. “What?”
“JIYOON WAKE UP or mom is going to come wake you up with the broom stick again.” My younger brother Ju Mi yells out from my door way.

I pull the sheets over my face and starts kicking. “AHHHHH It’s just a dream….again.”

Tap. Tap Tap. Was that who I think it is? I look over my covers. Yep it was my mom in the door way with a broom.

“I’m up. I’m up.” I roll out of my bed just in time to doge my mom’s strike.

I ran out the room and into the bathroom. I was up and came out to the table.

“What’s for breakfast?” I ask.
“Don’t you mean lunch?” Ju Mi laughs.

I look over at the clock. It was lunch time. Since it was summer break it wouldn’t matter right. My friends were all away on vacation while I was stuck here babysitting my six year old brother. I had nothing to do. I look over at my mom.

“You didn’t go to work?” I ask.
“I was laid off today.”
“What?”
“It’s okay. I’m looking for another job right now.”
I walk up to my mom and back hug her. “I promise as soon as I get done with High school I’ll get a job.”
“NO.”
“No? Why not?”
“What about college? You have to go to college.”
“Why would I go when you and dad can’t even pay the house mortgage on time? I can’t go.”
“Don’t worry.”

She hands me a bowl of udon soup.

After lunch Ju Mi kept bugging me to take him to the park so I decided to go since I didn’t want mom to get mad. She was under enough stress.

I sat under a tree and doze off. I know I’m so lazy. I was sleeping just fine until someone fell and landed on me.

“AHHHHHHH! OUUUUUCCCCCCCHHHHHHH”

“I’m going to kill this kid!” I thought to my self.

I open my eyes and saw the person next to me. It was no kid, it was a guy. I gasp, OMG an angel just fell down from the sky. I was like that on the inside but I hated him on the outside. I grab a stick next to me and poked him.

“YAH! What do you think you are doing falling on top of me like that?”

He didn’t move. I poke him again.

“Yah…wake up.”

I crawl over to him and start shaking him.

“Yah?”

Ju Mi ran over to me.

“I didn’t mean to kill him.”
I turn to Ju Mi. “What? You did this?”
“We were playing on the tree and I dare him to crawl on the branch. I started jumping on the branch and he lost his balance. I didn’t mean to kill him.”

Ju Mi started crying. His friend started to comfort him.

“It’s ok my brother JunHyung is strong he won’t die.”
“I’m sorry John.”

John came to my side and started tugging my sleeves.

“Noona do CPR. You have to save him. He’s my only brother.” John cries.
“Okay, okay noona will take care of it.”

And with out thinking I lower my head and gave him mouth to mouth. As soon as I touched his lips his eyes opened.

“AHHHH!” I screamed and jump back.
“Yay he’s not dead!” Ju Mi and John cheered.

JunHyung sat up and furiously wipes his lips. OMG THAT WAS SO HOT. He glares at me. DIEING INSIDE.

“What do you think you’re doing kissing me?”
I snap out of my spazzing “I wasn’t kissing you! It’s CPR.”
“That was no CPR.” He points at Ju Mi. “And you! You try to kill me.”
“I didn’t mean to!” Ju Mi ran behind me and clinches on to my leg.
John grabs on to his leg. “RUN JU MI RUN NOONA!”

Ju Mi grabs on to my hand and we ran for our lives. We ran inside and started locking all the door and windows. We ran into my room and hid in there.

“Noona. Why do we have to lock the doors and windows they don’t know where we live. ”
“Ah right. Well just in case. ”
Mom appeared. “What are you two doing?”
“Nothing…playing. ”
“Well can you go to the store for me real quick? We have guest coming. ”
“Guest?” I ask.
“Yeah they’re old friends of ours and they’re here on vacation. You should know them. ”
“I do? Who?”
“You will see. ”

She hands me money for drinks and snacks.
----

Who could it be? I don’t remember anyone…well except for that one family who use to live next to use until they moved into the city. But it can’t be them.

I started walking back to my house when I heard Ju Mi crying. Why was he crying? I got closer.

“Hyung…I’m…sorry.” Ju Mi pleads.
“Good. Now where’s that sister of yours?”

I cover my mouth from screaming. Oh gosh he found us. Our gate started to open. I hid behind my mom’s flower bush that she planted near the gate entrance. I look up and saw John. What is he doing here? He saw me too and started waving for me to go away but JunHyung came out.

“What are you doing?” JunHyung turns over to me. “YOU!”

I ran out of the bush and started running but these two guys in black stopped me.

“Grab her.” JunHyung command.

And like he said they each garb any arm and raised me up. OH GOD WHAT DOES HE WANT FROM US? JunHyung came in front of me and pulls my chin up.

“You thought you could get away from me huh.” He came closer. “It’s only fair if I get to kiss you unwillingly too.”

With that said he grabs cheeks with his hands and pulls me even closer.

He whispers into my ear. “It’s been a while PIGGY.”

PIGGY? Only one person calls me that. It can’t be. No way!

“YONG JAESOON!!!!”