A Reason

Keeping Distance

So... I decided to post chapter 2. Here you go!

 

The rest of Exo-M members returned to their own dorm around midnight. The boys are dead tired from playing too much. Chen immediately claimed the first bathroom, while Xiumin claimed the other one. Luhan was the only one who did not return, probably sleeping at Sehun’s place. Lay was waiting for the bath and rested in his room. Kris warmed up some milk for the boys and Tao walked to the kitchen to greet him.

“How’s your fever?” the leader asked, brushing his boyfriend’s hair gently.

“I’m fine now.” Tao took the hand and played with it. Kris sighed, he had something to say and Tao was waiting for him to spill it out.

Another sigh.

“Zitao...I think we should not stick together in public so much. Fans and other people begin to notice.. and I don’t really like that. Remember that manager-hyung found out himself about us because we were always together?” Kris explained, turned off the stove and the younger man grabbed his wrist suddenly. Kris did not want to see Tao’s face at that time or he would be tottering. Tao did not say anything, stunned by the sudden request of his boyfriend and thinking about things to say.

“Gege, I thought you were okay with this...” Tao asked, demanding explanation. “I was fine about it, but now it’s different. I don’t want people to find out about us. Being together is risky enough for us, don’t you think?.” Kris eyes finally met Tao’s and he could see that the younger was taken aback by his explanation.

There was a long pause and painful silence between them as Kris exchanged looks with Tao.

“Why suddenly...?” Tao asked again.

“I saw a picture of us on the internet...Chanyeol showed me.”

Chanyeol-ge again...? What picture?  Those questions were left unsaid.

Tao let go of his hand on Kris’ wrist.

 “So you want me to stay away from you in public and you don’t want people to know about us? I get it.” Tao rephrased what Kris had explained. He looked at Kris once again to make sure that it was really what Kris wanted, but Kris seemed determined.

“...Okay.” Tao’s voice was cracking before he left to his bedroom.

 The older one knew this would be hard on Tao, but he really wanted to keep their relationship save from public. He did not want to risk their career by acting all lovey dovey when there were cameras around them. Deciding that he should let Tao calmed down, he put 4 cups of hot milk on the table like always before he too, was heading to his bedroom.

Tao was trying to digest Kris’ words carefully. Kris did not want people to find out and told him to stay away from him. He was really upset by things that went wrong today. He thought that once Kris returned from K’s dorm, he would have a nice talk with him but it was the other way. When he tried to think about Kris’ words, he remembered how Chanyeol and Kris were really close to each other before. It only made things worst.

 Tao finally let out a tear and burried his face on the sheet. “Damn.” He muttered.

“Tao, is manager-ge staying here tonight?” Lay knocked twice and shocked when he saw Tao was crying. “Tao, what’s wrong? Are you sick?” Lay closed the door and sat next to the youngest. Tao shook his head and told Lay everything.

Manager-ge woke them up early in the morning and told them to dress. They would have a schedule at SBS with Exo-K and they had to get their make up done within 3 hours. “God, Tao what happened to your eyes? They are swollen and red. Gosh, we’ll fix them later okay.” Manager-ge patted Tao’s head, but Tao did not react at all. Kris glanced at his boyfriend and noticed that Tao must have been crying all night. “You sit next to me in the car.” Lay surrounded his arm along Tao’s shoulder, before he gave Kris a glare. The leader sighed, obviously Tao told Lay about what happened.

They made their way to the van and walked in silence. It was that uncomfortable, even Chen and Xiumin noticed how hard it was just to walk toward the van and enjoy the ride.

“What the hell happen with you guys?” Xiumin frowned, breaking the awkward silence.

Before Kris could say something, manager-ge dragged him to the side of the car and whispered, “You’d better make up with Tao before we go to LA.” He threatened a little. Tao’s bad mood would obviously affect his performance. Bad performance meant bad scold from managers.

The leader sighed and the manager pulled Tao’s arm and pushed him into the van and Kris just right after him. They both sat on the back with Lay right next to Kris. Tao tried his best to look outside the window, ignoring his boyfriend who was glancing at him. He really had to settle things down or he would get into trouble when they reached LA on Saturday. Imagining that the 10 hours flight would be like hell, not to mention he had to take care of other 10 kids with Suho.

 

Do I have to make the baekyeol part later? please let me know

thank you for reading, sweethearts!

have a nice day and see you tomorrow!