Resentful

Keeping Distance

thanks for reading, leaving comments, and subscribing

I love you guys, happy reading!

 

After dinner with SM Town family, they finally returned to hotel to prepare for tomorrow. All of leaders were busy preparing their speech for the press conference and stuck with their managers. The others were told to sleep as early as possible to regain their energy for SM Town concert.

Lay was giving Luhan a weird look from the sofa and the latter realized it. Tao was busy with his phone, taking selcas with his grumpy face. “I miss my Sehun. I’m going to his room, okay? Don’t wait for me guys!” Luhan stood up and left. He knew that Lay wanted them to leave Tao alone in the room, so they could let Kris to talk to him.

Tao sighed and rolled on the bed a few times. “Luhan-ge’s so lucky. I want a boyfriend too....wait, it sounds so wrong....girlfriend? I don’t know, whatever.” Tao mumbled incoherently from his spot. Well, he felt like he really did not have a boyfriend right now. “You have one, Zitao.” Lay reminded him and Tao grumbled. The older man sat next to him and patted his head gently.

“I’m going to manager-ge’s room for a while, okay? You’ll be okay by yourself, right?” Lay asked the youngest. Tao nodded and Lay immediately left the room. Luhan was waiting in front of their room and grinned.

“So, let’s go get Kris.” Luhan said.

They went to managers’ room and found Kris was practicing his speech. “Are you guys busy?” Lay asked as he closed the door. “Not really. I think Suho and Kris are perfect for tomorrow.” Exo-K’s manager answered. Kris and Suho let a relief breath, finally finished their endless practice. The managers told them not to say something unimportant, keep it nice and simple.

“Hey, Kris, don’t you have a business with Zitao? He’s in our room.” Kris bit his lower lip as he stared at Luhan for a moment. “Oh, really? Finally~! Hurry up, Kris. Don’t make someone wait for you!” Exo-M’s manager rolled his eyes, realizing that finally there was a chance for that couple to talk things over.

“Thanks guys.” Kris smiled at Luhan and Lay.

“Use the room well, duizhang.” Lay smirked. Kris just chuckled. He knew what Lay meant, but it could always wait. The most important thing right now is to make up with his boyfriend. With courage, he finally made his way to Tao’s room.

“What happen to Kris and Tao?” Suho asked the people in that room. “Lovers quarrel.” Exo-M’s manager answered him. Suho and Exo-K’s manager were staring at him with wide eyes.

“Uh...they are a thing... You guys haven’t realized?” Exo-M’s manager explained. Suho and Exo-K's manager were speechless.

***

“Hey, Baekhyun-ah...”

“Hmm?”

“Don’t you think I’m being mean?”

"Why is that?"

“For sticking too much to Kris-hyung, when I know he has Zitao?”

Baekhyun could see how Chanyeol was really down, playing with his mint choco ice cream. ‘Aah, so Chanyeol has been thinking about it. It’s good for him’, Baekhyun thought. “It’s not bad, Chanyeol. Sometimes when we like someone, we just want to get closer to that person. Beside, you and Kris-hyung have been close since like forever.” The vocalist answered him. Chanyeol was looking at the other man. “Don’t think about it too much, okay? You’re our happy virus, if you’re not happy, we’re not happy. I prefer your smiling face, to this gloomy one.” Baekhyun smiled faintly, cheering him up.

Baekhyun was a good man and he was gentle. Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun was a good listener and he was good at giving advices, but he never knew that Baekhyun really cared about him.

“I like Kris-hyung a lot, Baekhyun. I love him...” Chanyeol sighed, almost teary but he did not want to cry in front of Baekhyun. “Kris-hyung is not the only man in the world, but he’s still my best buddy.” The rapper continued. Baekhyun held his hand. It was painful to hear Chanyeol’s confession for Kris, but he knew  was struggling to move on. If he could give strength to him and support him, he would be glad to do it.

Meanwhile, the wushu artist was bored and he decided to go downstairs to find some snacks. He wished he would not see managers because they were so strict on diet and he would be scolded for eating sweets behind their backs. He looked around and saw no one. 'Save', Tao smiled to himself, thinking about what snack should he get. ‘Ice cream, nice chocolate chip ice cream.’ He finally arrived at the hotel restaurant and saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun together, eating ice cream too. ‘Chanyeol-gege? Oh God..’. before Tao could run away, Chanyeol saw him.

“Tao~! Come, eat with hyung!” Chanyeol shouted at his  younger brother. Tao sighed and turned his back, giving Chanyeol and Baekhyun a perfect smile. It was not like he did not want to see Chanyeol, but his heart was not ready yet to deal with the korean rapper. However, he approached his hyungs because it would be impolite to refuse.

“What do you want to eat? It’s hyung’s treat.” Chanyeol asked once Tao was seating next to Baekhyun. “Two scoops of chocolate chip ice cream with chocolate sauce and sprinkles on top and chocolate milkshake, thanks hyung.” If it was Chanyeol’s treat, then he would order as he pleased. He did not care about calories anymore. Baekhyun was surprised because he wondered if Tao could finish them all alone. Chanyeol left to get the order for his little brother. Tao did not say anything, confused around the korean rapper. He could imagine how awkward it was to eat ice cream with Chanyeol, although Baekhyun was there with them too.

“Relax, Tao. Your Chanyeol-hyung is trying to be nice to you. He realized his mistake already. I think he’s doing this to apologize. He always has his own way, you know that, right?” Baekhyun patted Tao’s back. Tao was looking at Chanyeol and he gave a little smile. He could never hate Chanyeol and he was not mad at him at all, it was just jealousy to be honest. No matter how he got jealous over Chanyeol, that guy was still his older brother.

He was really glad he could talk things with Baekhyun and Lay. Baekhyun accompanied him in Disney Land, stayed by his side and watched over him. He gave him good advices and being with him was so comfortable. If he was not taken by Kris already, he might have a major crush on Baekhyun. He always had soft spot for mature older brother image.

“I love you so much, Baekhyun-hyung~” Tao suddenly hugged the older man tightly. “So glad I can have a great hyung like you!” he added. Baekhyun laughed and hugged him back. “Aww, why so cute, Zitao? I love you too, you can always tell hyung everything, okay?” the older man replied.

Meanwhile, Kris cleared his throat, knocked on the door, and opened the room with the master key which the manager gave him. “Zitao, are you here?” he asked and let himself in, but Tao was not inside. He took his phone and dialed Tao’s number.

Tao noticed that his phone was vibrating and he saw the caller ID. He decided to ignore it, but... “Pick it up.” Baekhyun told him. Tao sighed and did as told “Wei?” Tao picked up the phone in Mandarin language. “Where are you?” Kris asked him, worried. “Eating ice cream downstairs.” Tao answered in an unpleasant tone. “Wait for me there.” Kris said before he rushed downstairs.

“Kris-hyung?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yeah.”

“What does he want?” Chanyeol asked again.

“Probably hungry.” Tao answered.

Five minutes later, Kris was in front of the restaurant already. He saw Baekhyun was caressing Tao’s head, while Tao was eating his ice cream like a little kid. Chanyeol was reading the restaurant’s menu. ‘What’s with Baekhyun? He’s been with Zitao since this morning.’ Kris frowned before he walked toward the younger boys.

“Why are you guys eating ice cream? You’ll gain weight.” Kris put his hands on his waist. “Loosen up a bit, Kris-hyung. These calories will be gone when we perform.” Chanyeol answered him. Kris did not say anything and instead giving Baekhyun a glare. Noticing it, Baekhyun took his hand away from Chanyeol’s head and smiled innocently. Well, he did nothing wrong, did he?

“Zitao, we need to talk.” Kris said, voice was really firm. “I’m eating, duizhang.” Tao replied, being stubborn. Chanyeol finally witnessed lovers quarrel in front of him and actually was pretty scared by this fierce couple. “Stop being stubborn and let’s go upstairs.” Kris grabbed Tao’s hand and made the ice cream spoon fell on his jeans.

“No need to be that rough, Wu Fan.” Baekhyun stood up and slapped Kris’ hand.

“It’s none of your business, Baekhyun-ah. Stay out of it.” Kris pierced his eyes into Baekhyun’s.

“You’re hurting my brother, it’s my business.” Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. Arguing was not uncommon between brothers, things like this happened a lot. Chanyeol stayed silent because he did not want to see a very pissed Kris. Tao had teary eyes already and stood up.

“Okay, let’s go upstairs. Baekhyun-hyung, I’m fine, thanks for everything. Chanyeol-hyung, thanks for treating me.” Tao said. Kris followed his boyfriend from behind and he could see Tao was crying silently inside the lift. Kris was hurting inside. He was arguing with Baekhyun and now he made Tao cried again. That day was just....really bad.

They finally reached Tao’s room. Kris closed the door and they sat next to each other on the bed. Tao wiped his tears, waiting for Kris to say something.

Kris took a deep breath...

 

so, are they going to make up...? what do you think guys? i love ideas xD

my baby tao shouldn't cry too much, nuna can't handle it. kris, stop being rough! nuna will kick you *kidding*

btw, I'm planning on my new fic. it's going to be fluff consisting of 12-ish chapters. i hope you'll like it.. :)

thanks for reading <3