between feelings

Keeping Distance

It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, but what is the most painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let the person know how you feel.

-unknown

 

 

They had returned from a photo shoot that day. For some reason unknown, Exo-M boys were very happy. The staffs at photo shoot studio were very nice, manager finally let them to eat meat (Kris glomped on his chicken wings like he had never eaten chicken wings before. Xiumin finished four fried chickens. He missed meat, so much)., and they had no schedule beside practice. That day they practice twice or thrice because manager was not around, claiming that he had a meeting to discuss the contract with a TV Station for the boys. Luhan started to play around, dancing to f(x)’s Chu, followed by Chen and Lay. Xiumin was too busy munching sandwiches with Tao. Kris on the other hand, was sitting next to their bags, watching his fellow members.

“Kris-ge, what are you thinking about?” the youngest finally sat next to him because he saw the leader was spacing out.

“Nothing. How many sandwiches did you eat? You’ll get fat.” Kris patted his boyfriend’s tummy.

 “Just five! I won’t get fat. I practice a lot, you know.” Tao sulked. Well, five sandwiches were a lot. “You ate a box of greasy chicken wings this afternoon, remember?” the youngest added, still sulking.

“Yes, yes. Don’t sulk, babe.” He teased with english, exactly the way Tao hated it. “Anyway, can I sleep in your bedroom tonight?” duizhang asked with his straight face. Tao blushed slightly at the proposition. “Why so red? I just have something to talk about just the two of us, you .” Kris chuckled, seeing his embarrased boyfriend. “Well, I’m sorry for being a , you .” Tao sulked again. Kris just laughed and brushed his hair.

“Xiumin-hyung, can you sleep in my room tonight?” Kris asked from his spot. Tao almost smacked him on the head because the others could hear it. Well, did not make any differences though.

“Oh, sure.” Xiumin smirked at the younger man. Luhan and Lay were also looking at Kris like they already knew what Kris had on mind.

“Again? Guys, really?” Chen, who shared the room with Kris in China, rolled his eyes.

“Sorry, Jong Dae. Hyung has something to talk about with this guy here.” Kris pointed Tao with his thumb. Kris was just so annoying that day, Tao just wanted to kick him or stab him with his wushu stick.

“Fine. Don’t be too loud, I’ll sleep early today.” Chen requested.

“Got that. Thanks.”

“Can’t you just ask Xiumin-ge quietly?”Tao complained at his boyfriend. “Come on, that doesn’t make any differences.” Kris rested his head on the youngest’s shoulder.

“Hey...” Kris muttered.

“Hmm?”

“Wanna go get drinks or do something outside this room?”

“......What the hell happen to you today?”

“Just answer it.”

“Fine. Only drinks and return here.”

“Okay.”

***

Later that night when they were ready to sleep, Kris made sure that he locked the door. Tao was playing angry birds on his iphone when Kris sat next to him.

“Never tired of that game, huh?” Kris tapped on the screen, right on the pause button. Tao glared at him. Kris was annoying, even if he did not do anything.

“What do you want to talk about?”

Kris relaxed himself and sat closer to the youngest. “Remember when Baekhyun asked to talk to me alone a few days ago?” Kris asked and Tao nodded.

“He said Chanyeol cried.” The leader continued. “I’m worried, I guess...He’s my best friend and he likes me...I feel guilty somehow. I feel like I have to do something, but I don’t want to get in the way. Baekhyun likes Chanyeol...” Kris explained. Tao was not surprised when he heard Baekhyun liked Chanyeol. Baekhyun was very nice to the korean rapper and he could see that Baekhyun was fond of Chanyeol ever since they were trainees. What made him surprised was because Kris felt guilty.

Felt guilty for what? For rejecting Chanyeol and kept dating him?

Had to do something? Something like what?

“Why do you feel guilty for him? Because you date me?” Tao asked, turning his face away and moved further away from Kris. “If you feel guilty, why don’t date him in the first place?” Tao asked, voice was trembling because he felt anxious. He knew he was being childish right now, but he could not hide that he was jealous and anxious that Kris would leave him. They had argued about this repeatedly, but Kris had never learnt to stop talking about Chanyeol. Tao himself was very sensitive when it came to Kris and Chanyeol’s bromance.

Hearing that, Kris’ blood was boiled and then he snapped,

“It’s not like that, Zitao. I mean, he cried because of me, of course I’d feel guilty. No one wants to make others cry, okay?” Kris explained to the other man, grabbing his hand to look at his face. “I’ve never thought of dating Chanyeol. I don’t love him, heck, it would be like dating my younger brother. So stop being so anxious and insecure everytime we talk about Chanyeol and stop make assumptions about me and him and US!” Kris protested. He just did not like if Tao always made hypothesis about him and his best friend over and over again.

Chen and Xiumin looked at each other when they heard Kris’ voice from their room. “Here we go again.” Chen sighed. Soon, they would hear Tao’s voice and then the door being slammed. It was like their routine.

“I’m sorry for being anxious and insecure when we talk about Chanyeol-ge. Sorry to make you annoyed everytime we talk about your best friend! Guess I’m the only one who’s afraid of losing you! ” Tao complained back at his boyfriend.

Kris could not say anything to that. Then he realized, if he was in Tao’s position he would feel the same. Tao felt insecure because he had feeling for him. Somehow Kris understood that, but he could not say it to the other man. He just watched him upset on his spot, speechless.

“I like you a lot...” Tao said while wiping a small tear on the edge of his eyes. “I’m afraid you’ll leave me one day. I’m sorry for being childish, but this is the way I am.” He continued. He saw Kris did not do anything, so he got up and left Kris alone in that room. He needed some time to calm down and think clear before he would talk to Kris again.

***

“Beakhyun-ah, I’ve washed your t-shirt.” Chanyeol handed the t-shirt he snorted a few days ago. It was clean and fresh, folded neatly after he ironed it. Baekhyun took it happily since it was his favorite t-shirt.

“.....”

“.....”

“Can I hug you, Byunbaek?” Chanyeol asked the older man. Baekhyun chuckled and opened his arms. “Thank you for being such a sweet friend.” He hugged him tightly. Baekhyun hugged back, although he was a bit upset for being just a friend. Suddenly, Baekhyun’s phone was ringing. They looked at the caller and it was Tao.

“Wei, Zitao-didi! What’s up?” Baekhyun picked up the phone, but all he heard was Tao, sobbing.

“Hyung, Kris is a jerk, I really hate him.” The wushu artist tried to stabilize his voice. He could not deny the anger and disapointment. “Oh, wait Zitao. Chanyeol, I need to talk alone with him.” The older singer excused himself out of the room. Chanyeol felt suspicious and he secretly followed Baekhyun to the living room and tried to listen to what Baekhyun discussed with Tao.

“I think he cares more about Chanyeol-hyung than me...I think...Kris and I should just break up already.” Well, that sounded dramatic to Baekhyun, but..

“WHAT?! BREAK UP? Are you crazy? Kris-hyung loves you, Zitao. He cares more about Chanyeol, that’s bull!” Baekhyun was so shock he straightened up his spine awkwardly. Chanyeol was shock too, but he remind silent and listened carefully. What Baekhyun said was true. Kris cared about him, but only as a best friend and younger brother. What Kris felt about Tao was a whole different thing.

It was love.

And Chanyeol could see that everytime Kris looked at Tao. Chanyeol always chased Kris, but Kris always chased Tao.

He could not deny that he was happy if Kris could be available again, but he did not have the heart to hurt Tao too. Tao loved Kris as much as Kris loved Tao. They were equal. They were in a mutual relationship. They were both in love with each other.

“Calm the down, Zitao. Cool your head and then discuss it again with Kris-hyung okay? You can’t always run away from problem. You have to think about Kris’ feeling too. No matter what, Chanyeol’s his best friend.” Baekhyun explained again.

“I’ll take care of Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said. The said man was smiling when he heard that. Baekhyun was indeed a sweet guy. Actually, being with Baekhyun was a pretty good feeling. He was funny and he made him comfortable.

“I know hyung, it’s just...I’m tired. We always argue because of this. I don’t like him talking about Chanyeol –hyung has feeling for him or whatever. I don’t hate him, it’s just...what Kris said...he makes me confused about our relationship” Tao sighed, starting to calm down a little. He was confused, but he knew he had to open his mind too so he could be able to talk with Kris.

“and I heard...you like Chanyeol-hyung?”

“How do you know? From Kris-hyung?” Baekhyun blushed.

“Ofcourse. How do you think we got into an argument like this? Part of it because you started a conversation about Chanyeol-hyung’s broken heart.”

“I’m sorry, but it’s like my obligation to tell Kris what happened...”

‘What happened’? Did Baekhyunnie told Kris about...oh no, . This guy can’t keep a secret, can he?

“...but my feeling for Chanyeol is true...I like him.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened when he heard that. Suddenly, his heart was racing.

Baekhyun....likes me...?

 

A/N Minor Taoris-argument again. it's minor problem though. i like to play fight with this couple <3

So, finally I'm moving to Singapore. Alone in another country for a long time is my first experience. I've lived away alone before for college and now I have to live waaaayyy far and alone too! Hm..I don't know....I feel a little lonely away from home :').

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy this chapter!